What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: NON-Draft eligible College prospects (3 Viewers)

LSU WR Jarvis Landry has been doing well lately. Not sure he is a top 50 type of pro prospect, but he just made one of the best catches I've seen in a long time.

Ka'Deem Carey - Saw him play for the first time tonight and I was very impressed. He looks like a very smart runner with good vision. Needs to pack on another 10 pounds, but he will be a fun one to follow next season.

Ka'Deem Carey - Saw him play for the first time tonight and I was very impressed. He looks like a very smart runner with good vision. Needs to pack on another 10 pounds, but he will be a fun one to follow next season.
Yea he has a lot of things you look for. In addition to being a smart runner with good vision, as you said, he also does a great job of keeping his legs moving at all times, frequently picking up extra yards after contact; he runs with good power for someone his size. You're probably right that he needs to pack on another 10 pounds, and another worry I have about him is he looks pretty slow; he could have broke 3-4 60+ yard TD runs against Colorado if he had better speed. His one saving grace in that department is that he seems to get to full speed very very quickly.

I mentioned Agholor because I was under the impression (from other threads) that Marquis Lee could come out this year if he chose. Obviously he not eligable until next year.

UNC WR Quinshad Davis (Fr) has some Justin Hunter in him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that he is actually eligible for the upcoming draft, but seeing as he's basically a freshman and unlikely declare, I'm going to guess that Lache Seastrunk will not be part of the 2013 class. He is looking pretty dangerous in this Texas Tech game though. Shifty with a good burst. Definitely a name to remember for 2014.

Funny how most of this thread is about guys that are already household names.I really like the physical presence of Quincy Enunwa from NU. He still needs polish as a junior but the guy is a load to bring down and reminds me of TO with his strength after the catch but needs to work on his hands
I will take the bait:A couple of Mid-american RB with production and NFL size (not sure of the speed on either) Jahwan edwards Ball state 5'10" 225David Flullen toledo 6'0" 215

Funny how most of this thread is about guys that are already household names.I really like the physical presence of Quincy Enunwa from NU. He still needs polish as a junior but the guy is a load to bring down and reminds me of TO with his strength after the catch but needs to work on his hands
I will take the bait:A couple of Mid-american RB with production and NFL size (not sure of the speed on either) Jahwan edwards Ball state 5'10" 225David Flullen toledo 6'0" 215
Fluellen is a Junior, I mentioned him in the Draft thread.Edwards reminds me a bit of Montee Ball.

I'm wondering if Seastrunk will look at this weak RB class and decide to try his luck despite his lack of experience. I think he would have a chance of being the first RB drafted in April. And those former 5 star prospects usually have inflated egos, meaning he's probably eager to jump to the next level.

I'm wondering if Seastrunk will look at this weak RB class and decide to try his luck despite his lack of experience. I think he would have a chance of being the first RB drafted in April. And those former 5 star prospects usually have inflated egos, meaning he's probably eager to jump to the next level.
Yea, if he can jump into this year, I think he should. like you said, it's so weak at RB that his value could be inflated.

Yea, if he can jump into this year, I think he should. like you said, it's so weak at RB that his value could be inflated.
We are really just getting to know Lache at Baylor, but I would be shocked if he left. It is obvious he is a competitor as he wants to turn every run into a home run. Since he has been off the field for two years, I think he will take the opportunity to be the starter at Baylor next year. I don't think he would want to sit, again, at the bottom of a depth chart or practice squad in the NFL. It absolutely ate him up this year when he started the first 7 games as number 3 on the depth chart. Coaches had to reel him in after some immature tweets about his lack of touches in games 1 and 2. After he goes off for about 1700 and 23 TDs next year as an academic sr. then, yes he is gone to the nfl

We are really just getting to know Lache at Baylor, but I would be shocked if he left. It is obvious he is a competitor as he wants to turn every run into a home run. Since he has been off the field for two years, I think he will take the opportunity to be the starter at Baylor next year. I don't think he would want to sit, again, at the bottom of a depth chart or practice squad in the NFL. It absolutely ate him up this year when he started the first 7 games as number 3 on the depth chart. Coaches had to reel him in after some immature tweets about his lack of touches in games 1 and 2. After he goes off for about 1700 and 23 TDs next year as an academic sr. then, yes he is gone to the nfl
A Baylor Fan? or are you close to the team?Either way, be interested on your take as to what you think he can be and what the overall thoughts are from the Baylor team and their fans.

I'm wondering if Seastrunk will look at this weak RB class and decide to try his luck despite his lack of experience.I think he would have a chance of being the first RB drafted in April. And those former 5 star prospects usually have inflated egos, meaning he's probably eager to jump to the next level.
I don't get your love for this kid. Yes he was a big time prospect, but he hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season. He makes 90 angles to the sideline after getting to the second level = disaster trying that in the NFL. Ask all of the speedy RBs that try to bounce everything. Problem is, it doesn't work that often in the NCAA for him either. He isn't good with power/breaking tackles.He better come back to Baylor to improve his game.

I'm wondering if Seastrunk will look at this weak RB class and decide to try his luck despite his lack of experience.I think he would have a chance of being the first RB drafted in April. And those former 5 star prospects usually have inflated egos, meaning he's probably eager to jump to the next level.
I don't get your love for this kid. Yes he was a big time prospect, but he hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season.
LOL. How about averaging 138.6 rushing yards per game at 8.05 YPC since becoming the starter?

I don't get your love for this kid. Yes he was a big time prospect, but he hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season.
LOL. How about averaging 138.6 rushing yards per game at 8.05 YPC since becoming the starter?
5 games = 1st round pick for you :rolleyes: 1) He plays in a super spread offense(Outside WRs are literally 4 yards from the sideline).

2) He plays against the big 12 horrible defenses:

(rushing yards per game)(rushing yards per attempt)

Kansas State (17th)(25th)

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)

5 games = 1st round pick for you :rolleyes: 1) He plays in a super spread offense(Outside WRs are literally 4 yards from the sideline).

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)
then leave him for me in the devy draft lol your the only one making any absolute judgments, and I'm not sure some of your claims are valid from watching the past 5 games.

from the way you describe him he shouldn't even be on Baylors roster and it certainly doesn't sound like a guy whos averaging 8 ypc this year. How many other RBs did that in the big 12 this year?

Seastrunk has the ability to be a top RB, but his game needs a lot of development. He's producing because he is quite simply better than his opponents in college, but his flaws will be exposed in the NFL if he doesn't refine his craft. We'll see how receptive he is to be coached up, but I think despite this class being weak at RB he would be best off staying in school one more year IF he is willing to learn. If he isn't then, yeah, declaring now when the class is weaker makes more sense, just have to trick one organization in the pre-draft process.

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)
then leave him for me in the devy draft lol your the only one making any absolute judgments, and I'm not sure some of your claims are valid from watching the past 5 games.
Don't worry I will(I don't have a devy pick).He indicated he would be in the hunt for #1 RB and/or a first round pick. I don't see how 5 games determines that, much less how poorly big 12 RBs have fared in the NFL(one could say WRs too, until Dez broke out 2nd half of the season). Poor defensive conference and all kinds of offense, but that doesn't equate NFL/FF stardom.

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)
If you want to say he's overrated, fine. But saying he "hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season" is just mind-numbingly stupid.

He was rated as a five star prospect out of high school and has been dominant since getting a chance for Baylor. He's probably leading the country in rushing over the last five games and has been a huge factor in saving Baylor's season. They're 4-1 since he took over.

He has made some massive plays like this one and this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZUWEcP71Ag

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)
If you want to say he's overrated, fine. But saying he "hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season" is just mind-numbingly stupid.

He was rated as a five star prospect out of high school and has been dominant since getting a chance for Baylor. He's probably leading the country in rushing over the last five games and has been a huge factor in saving Baylor's season. They're 4-1 since he took over.

I meant day 2 pick, I can see him going in the late rounds. He isn't even close to Bernard/Lacy/Taylor/Ball. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/RBI don't throw out statements without watching a kid play, he just isn't there yet and doesn't have much production. The only RB I can remember in recent memory that was drafted in the first two rounds with limited production was Chris Henry. He was also a 4.3 guy that weighed 220.

Seastrunk actually should be bouncing MORE runs outside. He's leaving a lot of yards on the field when running up the middle and there is no hole.

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)

Umm..Hello? He's not in those rankings because he is considered a "sophomore", but really a Redshirt Sophomore. They also don't have Jawan Jamison in those rankings.http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2015&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Cal report:

Brendan Bigelow, RB:

Will be talked about as the next Jahvid Best. Listed at 5'10" 190, is probably as fast as Best in straight-line speed, doesn't have quite his lateral fluidity, but is stronger and has a nice spin move. Averaged 9.8 yards/carry as a change of pace back this year as a sophomore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5yM7giEr0

Chris Harper, WR:

Went for 41/544 as a true freshman. Great ball skills and good speed. Good route runner. Will be Cal's #1 receiver, has room to grow.

Richard Rodgers, TE:

Listed at 6'4", 265; potential for a Gronkowski-type receiver. Good body control for his size. Was injured much of this year, seemed under-utilized when he was in.

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)

Are those my rankings? No, chill out. I'm debating him being a 1st/2nd day pick right now.Yes I watched the Texas Tech game and my analysis stands. He has a lot of development to make it in the first two rounds.

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)

You say Seastrunk "isn't even close to Bernard/Lacy/Taylor/Ball." then cite CBS rankings. You didn't give your rankings, so I assume you agreed with those rankings.Oh and why knock a RB for playing in the Big12? The NFL's leading rusher came from the BIG12. Yes they have porous defenses, but Seastrunk is averaging an absurd 7.6 YPC. He's doing exactly what he's suppose to be doing with the combo of his talent and lack of defense in the BIG12.

Cal report:Brendan Bigelow, RB:Will be talked about as the next Jahvid Best. Listed at 5'10" 190, is probably as fast as Best in straight-line speed, doesn't have quite his lateral fluidity, but is stronger and has a nice spin move. Averaged 9.8 yards/carry as a change of pace back this year as a sophomore.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5yM7giEr0Chris Harper, WR:Went for 41/544 as a true freshman. Great ball skills and good speed. Good route runner. Will be Cal's #1 receiver, has room to grow.Richard Rodgers, TE:Listed at 6'4", 265; potential for a Gronkowski-type receiver. Good body control for his size. Was injured much of this year, seemed under-utilized when he was in.
Thanks, always love to hear from the knowledgeable "homers."

****** had to edit some of the links out because it didn't translate to the FBG format... if you want all the links to their stats and Rivals pages follow the link and they are all there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Developmental Draft Rankings:

http://fantasy-footballu.com/developement/

Hey guys, I realize the college football season isn't over yet, but here are the main guys that have caught my eye and already have me excited for the future. If your wondering where all the RB prospects have been hiding the past few years(other than Trent Richardson), you have your answers here.

I won't go as far as saying there are future NFL studs in this group, but guys like Todd Gurley, TJ Yeldon and Ka'Deem Carey have me cautiously optomistic.

As with every year, young players have a long way to go and many obstacles to dodge before they can call themselves pros, but heres a VERY early look at the budding stars of college football.

Running Back

1. Todd Gurley Georgia

Highlights:

A.http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssWkBZ4gkk

B.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmfl6zjPPx0

C.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmAwvNA0_GI

D.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1J1ZCk4Iug

2. TJ Yeldon Alabama

Highlights:

A.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSranCawC_A

3. Ka'Deem Carey Arizona

Highlights:

A.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXqONnRoCY

4. Joe Bergeron Texas

Highlights:

A.

B. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TQCRtp6Peo

4. Austin Hill Arizona

Highlights:

A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNrW2DZ3IS0

5. Austin Seferian-Jenkins(TE) Washington

6. DaVante Adams Fresno State

7. Amari Cooper Alabama

Higlights:

A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxpzdpct90

8. Nelson Agholor USC

9. Donte Moncrief Ole Miss

10. Chris Boyd Vanderbilt

Highlights:

A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5P89r0eDOI

**** obviously the cubboard is pretty bare for youtube videos, I did the best I could but these guys are so young their simply isn't a lot of material that have been posted yet.

If you want to catch some actual game action of these guys...bowl season is coming up, I suggest you indulge.

Cal report:Brendan Bigelow, RB:Will be talked about as the next Jahvid Best. Listed at 5'10" 190, is probably as fast as Best in straight-line speed, doesn't have quite his lateral fluidity, but is stronger and has a nice spin move. Averaged 9.8 yards/carry as a change of pace back this year as a sophomore.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5yM7giEr0Chris Harper, WR:Went for 41/544 as a true freshman. Great ball skills and good speed. Good route runner. Will be Cal's #1 receiver, has room to grow.Richard Rodgers, TE:Listed at 6'4", 265; potential for a Gronkowski-type receiver. Good body control for his size. Was injured much of this year, seemed under-utilized when he was in.
Thanks, always love to hear from the knowledgeable "homers."
I'm really excited for Bigelow to get more carries next year

****** had to edit some of the links out because it didn't translate to the FBG format... if you want all the links to their stats and Rivals pages follow the link and they are all there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Developmental Draft Rankings:

http://fantasy-footballu.com/developement/

Hey guys, I realize the college football season isn't over yet, but here are the main guys that have caught my eye and already have me excited for the future. If your wondering where all the RB prospects have been hiding the past few years(other than Trent Richardson), you have your answers here.

I won't go as far as saying there are future NFL studs in this group, but guys like Todd Gurley, TJ Yeldon and Ka'Deem Carey have me cautiously optomistic.

As with every year, young players have a long way to go and many obstacles to dodge before they can call themselves pros, but heres a VERY early look at the budding stars of college football.

Running Back

1. Todd Gurley Georgia

Highlights:

A.http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssWkBZ4gkk

B.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmfl6zjPPx0

C.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmAwvNA0_GI

D.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1J1ZCk4Iug

2. TJ Yeldon Alabama

Highlights:

A.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSranCawC_A

3. Ka'Deem Carey Arizona

Highlights:

A.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXqONnRoCY

4. Joe Bergeron Texas

Highlights:

A.

:ph34r:

Here is Terron Ward's big game vs Arizona State. Tackle-breaking machine. He's in the Ray Rice/Maurice Jones-Drew mold.

Ka'Deem Carey looking good against Nevada. Wears #25 and reminds me a bit of LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles with his quick cuts. He's the leading rusher in the nation and based on what I'm seeing, that's not a total fluke.

Ka'Deem Carey looking good against Nevada. Wears #25 and reminds me a bit of LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles with his quick cuts. He's the leading rusher in the nation and based on what I'm seeing, that's not a total fluke.
Looks more like Arian Foster to me

Too high of praise. He's more like Steve Slaton, who also had Rich Rodriguez as a head coach.

Looks more like Arian Foster to me
Foster? Nah. He is a smaller, quicker guy. Listed at about 200 pounds.
He looks like more of a power guy than a speed/quicknss guy. I think he can add 10 lbs to that frame. No way hes gonna make it as a speed back in the NFL. To me it looks like his decision making and the way he can cut through blocks so smoothly is what sets him apart.

He's little like Jamaal Charles/LeSean McCoy imo; Carey will do well for himself if he could run under 4.5 at the combine, and he takes on and throws off tacklers way more than Charles/McCoy do. I'd say he's most similar to Frank Gore, though quicker but less bulky.

Compared to most backs against Nevada this year, he looked average. Some sarcasm in there but not a defense I use a barometer. That said, I liked his vision and made some nice cuts. Looked better than Johnson.

Bigelow had a couple pretty incredible runs against my Buckeyes. At least I think that was him....If I'm remembering correctly, he had almos 200 yards on his first 5 carries.

Totally a homer pick and a deeper sleeper, probably a mid to late rounder with upside, but I am intrigued by OSU backup RB Rd Smith. He was a RS Soph, but he's not coming out. Has a little bit of Bryce Brown to his game.

Compared to most backs against Nevada this year, he looked average. Some sarcasm in there but not a defense I use a barometer. That said, I liked his vision and made some nice cuts. Looked better than Johnson.
Yea, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's Barry Sanders or anything. He had a monster season though and at least looks like a guy who will be drafted when the time comes.

Cal report:

Brendan Bigelow, RB:

Will be talked about as the next Jahvid Best. Listed at 5'10" 190, is probably as fast as Best in straight-line speed, doesn't have quite his lateral fluidity, but is stronger and has a nice spin move. Averaged 9.8 yards/carry as a change of pace back this year as a sophomore.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cR5yM7giEr0

Chris Harper, WR:

Went for 41/544 as a true freshman. Great ball skills and good speed. Good route runner. Will be Cal's #1 receiver, has room to grow.

Richard Rodgers, TE:

Listed at 6'4", 265; potential for a Gronkowski-type receiver. Good body control for his size. Was injured much of this year, seemed under-utilized when he was in.
Bigelow had a couple pretty incredible runs against my Buckeyes. At least I think that was him....If I'm remembering correctly, he had almos 200 yards on his first 5 carries.
Yes, he did great against Ohio State. It'll be fun to see him as the starter next year.Oh, also, I hadn't realized that Sonny Dykes coached Gronkowski at Arizona; that's a plus for Rodgers.

I'm very confused about the roster listing of two freshman RB's for Georgia that are good prospects.

Todd Gurley 6'1 218

Keith Marshall 5'11 216

Yes 2 inch difference, but it looks like a 30 lb difference in pads.

Am I wrong here?

Users who are viewing this thread