Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Xue

Dynasty: NON-Draft eligible College prospects

Rotoworld:

PennLive.com's Greg Pickel reports that Penn State's offense is on track to surrender 40 sacks this fall."

So far this season, the 6-foot-4, 212-pound Hackenberg has been sacked 20 times, or basically just over three times a game. The Penn State prospect has been pressured on nearly 10 percent more of his dropbacks than a year ago, according to an ESPN.com report. In Penn State's 18-13 win against Michigan last weekend, Hackenberg was sacked six times.
Oct 17 - 3:54 PM

Georgia RB Nick Chubb rushes for 202 yards vs. Arkansas

ESPN's Kevin Weidl is impressed with Georgia freshman RB Nick Chubb's "vision and patience."

"Really like Nick Chubb's vision and patience. Don't see it often from Freshman. Also shows quick feet for 230+ RB," Weidl tweeted. While filling in for the suspended Todd Gurley, the 5-foot-10, 228-pound Chubb followed his breakout performance against Missouri (143 yards on 38 carries) with another huge game in Georgia's 45-32 win over Arkansas. Chubb rushed for 202 yards on 30 carries, and added two touchdowns. The Bulldogs prospect has now rushed for 345 yards on 68 carries in his first two career starts for Georgia.
Oct 28 - 2:42 PM
Edited by Faust

ETA-- Where were you last week when it took nearly 40 carries for Chubb to hit 143 yards against Mizzou last week at a whopping 3.8 ypc? The same Mizzou that's ranked 60th against the run and allowed the likes of Kareem Hunt to run for more yards on only 15 carries with a 15/148/3 line. Not seeing the "consistent story" there.

https://twitter.com/UGAfootballLive/status/522892241875267584

ESPN Stats says #UGA RB Nick Chubb was hit at or behind the line on 22 of his 38 carries vs Mizzou. Still had 143 yds

Oh, it's related alright. When Todd Gurley is still in college and you make a statement that Chubb might be the best pro prospect in college football, that is certainly controversial. Gurley the CONSENSUS, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, TOP RB in the country. And you're saying this guy with 2 starts under his belt is now possibly the better prospect? Well, hmm, I might need to pay attention.

So I look at the stats you posted. 127 yds and 2 TDs against a 60th ranked Arkansas? Not impressed, sorry. I've seen Gurley, Gordon, Yeldon, others do the same if not more.

Well, let me watch this amazing run you posted then. What? So he ran through a huge open hole?

I'm sorry you don't get where I'm coming from. Your statement is indeed controversial and you did nothing to "prove it". You're entitled to your opinion. I know you like Chubb. But so far nothing about him stands out to pass him against some elite RB prospects.

Chubb is a very exciting Freshman prospect and I'm of the belief that he has the tools to make a great Pro someday. Yes, these claims by EBF are hyperbole at its best though. Let's just make this as simple as it gets. We've seen Chubb run vs. the same defenses ADPs Gurley in the same games. It's not even close. Gurley is/was far superior. So, there is basically zero chance he is the best RB in college football right now. There is basically zero chance he's the best on his team.

That of course is setting the bar high. Gurley is a monster and tips the field. Let's just wait and see a bit more from Chubb and see if he can confirm what we hope he might become.

Exactly.

It's not setting the bar high. Chubb had more Hype than Gurley coming into college. Gurley was also only around 215-217 lbs as a Freshman. Chubb is pretty close to a finished product already.

Unfortunately, size and speed isn't the only thing that makes a good RB.

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/96532.gif

Knile and Chubb don't have much in common besides similar dimensions on paper. They aren't built the same and they don't run the same.

If you want to say that there's "nothing special" about rushing for 127 yards at 10+ YPC in a single half against an SEC opponent then that's your MO. I've been singing Chubb's praises for months. This game today didn't suddenly cause that. It's just another chapter in what's becoming a consistent story.

Arkansas has been nothing special against the run. SEC defense in general this year hasn't been anything extraordinary. As you're typing this, Yeldon has 13/114/2 at 8.8 ypc (the exact same YPC that Chubb has) against Texas A&M (another SEC team). Is that extraordinary? Gordon ran for 16/140/1 for 8.8 ypc earlier this year against LSU. Gurley had 15/198/3 against Clemson who happens to actually be ranked 10th in the nation against the run. He also dropped 28/208/2 against Tenn (another SEC team and ranked similarly to Arkansas against the run).

No, it's nothing special from the top RBs in the nation. I mean, sure, it's a great game compared to most every other RB in college. But if you're going to make the claim about him being the best RB prospect in the nation with that as proof, then I'd be more impressed if his peers weren't all doing the same thing. It's what they all do. Now if he wants to run for 13/253/5 like Melvin Gordon did against Alabama, then I'll be impressed. Otherwise, no, it's nothing special for a good RB prospect. It's somewhat expected.

I'm not even saying I don't like Chubb. But if you're going to make a claim that he's the best RB prospect in the country with the likes of a Gurley or Gordon and others in a very deep class, using stats he's putting up that they are also doing doesn't serve to set him apart. I watched that run and said "meh". I looked at those stats and said "ok, seen it before". It may not be your purpose, but nothing you posted there does anything to convince anyone he's better than Gurley or Gordon or anyone else in the country. And yes, I know you've been beating that drum for a long time before this game. Hard to miss.

ETA-- Where were you last week when it took nearly 40 carries for Chubb to hit 143 yards against Mizzou last week at a whopping 3.8 ypc? The same Mizzou that's ranked 60th against the run and allowed the likes of Kareem Hunt to run for more yards on only 15 carries with a 15/148/3 line. Not seeing the "consistent story" there.

Melvin Gordon ran for 2.2 YPC vs Western Illinois and only 5.5 vs USF. What's it all mean?

Oh, it's related alright. When Todd Gurley is still in college and you make a statement that Chubb might be the best pro prospect in college football, that is certainly controversial. Gurley the CONSENSUS, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, TOP RB in the country. And you're saying this guy with 2 starts under his belt is now possibly the better prospect? Well, hmm, I might need to pay attention.

So I look at the stats you posted. 127 yds and 2 TDs against a 60th ranked Arkansas? Not impressed, sorry. I've seen Gurley, Gordon, Yeldon, others do the same if not more.

Well, let me watch this amazing run you posted then. What? So he ran through a huge open hole?

I'm sorry you don't get where I'm coming from. Your statement is indeed controversial and you did nothing to "prove it". You're entitled to your opinion. I know you like Chubb. But so far nothing about him stands out to pass him against some elite RB prospects.

Chubb is a very exciting Freshman prospect and I'm of the belief that he has the tools to make a great Pro someday. Yes, these claims by EBF are hyperbole at its best though. Let's just make this as simple as it gets. We've seen Chubb run vs. the same defenses ADPs Gurley in the same games. It's not even close. Gurley is/was far superior. So, there is basically zero chance he is the best RB in college football right now. There is basically zero chance he's the best on his team.

That of course is setting the bar high. Gurley is a monster and tips the field. Let's just wait and see a bit more from Chubb and see if he can confirm what we hope he might become.

Exactly.

It's not setting the bar high. Chubb had more Hype than Gurley coming into college. Gurley was also only around 215-217 lbs as a Freshman. Chubb is pretty close to a finished product already.

If he's pretty close to a finished product already then it even more evident he won't be as good as Gurley.

Exactly.

If he's pretty close to a finished product already then it even more evident he won't be as good as Gurley.

Is that what you really believe?

Exactly.

Yes. I believe Gurley is easily the best RB in the country right now.

Chubb looks phenomenal. I wouldn't disagree that he's a better prospect than Gurley. Though Gurley's proven to be an asset in the passing game whereas Chubb hasn't proven that, but he's still got 2 years after this one to prove that.

Chubb looks phenomenal. I wouldn't disagree that he's a better prospect than Gurley. Though Gurley's proven to be an asset in the passing game whereas Chubb hasn't proven that, but he's still got 2 years after this one to prove that.

Chubb with a nice route here: http://gfycat.com/TatteredDeliciousIndianabat

Rotoworld:

Oregon freshman RB Royce Freeman had a career game in Saturday's win against Washington, rushing for 169 yards and four touchdowns on 29 carries.

Fox Sports Bruce Feldman wrote that Freeman is a "stronger, more physical version" of De'Anthony Thomas last month, and said he was Oregon's most talented runner since Jonathan Stewart. Both are difficult assertions to argue. The 6-foot, 229-pound Freeman's presence prompted the Ducks coaching staff to shift former starting RB Byron Marshall to receiver. He's that talented.
Oct 19 - 5:55 PM

Exactly.

And its not even close!

Exactly.

That's not what I asked and That's not something I disagree with. Gurley as a Junior is a lot better than Gurley as a Freshman. Chubb as a Freshman is just as good or better than Gurley was. There's no reason to think that if you compare Chubb and Gurley at the same point in their college careers, Chubb couldn't eventually end up better because he's that good already. I don't see how it's controversial. What's more controversial is everyone anointing the likes of Fournette and Yeldon as the next Adrian Petersons when it was pretty clearly they were nothing close.

How come no one ever says, "Nick Chubb is the next Jonathan Stewart"?

I'd bet if someone said "Melvin Gordon is the 2nd best RB in the country" 1 or 2 years ago, it'd also be labeled "controversial". Except that it actually wasn't.

Travis Rudolph WR for Florida State looks like a player. Starting to get some real playing time now as a true freshman, and his YAC ability is pretty obvious. Looks skinny though, and he might not have the frame to max out over 210lbs at 6'2, but definitely still someone to keep an eye on.

1st of all, where is the question in this post I responded to?

That's not what I asked and That's not something I disagree with. Gurley as a Junior is a lot better than Gurley as a Freshman. Chubb as a Freshman is just as good or better than Gurley was. There's no reason to think that if you compare Chubb and Gurley at the same point in their college careers, Chubb couldn't eventually end up better because he's that good already. I don't see how it's controversial. What's more controversial is everyone anointing the likes of Fournette and Yeldon as the next Adrian Petersons when it was pretty clearly they were nothing close.

I'd bet if someone said "Melvin Gordon is the 2nd best RB in the country" 1 or 2 years ago, it'd also be labeled "controversial". Except that it actually wasn't.

2ndly, Gurley as a Freshman was better than Chubb is now. It's close but I still favor Gurley. Oh, and he got better. You claimed Chubb was nearly a finished product now. Not me. So, how is it logical using your claim to assume he sees the same level of growth as Gurley? You are contradicting yourself.

1st of all, where is the question in this post I responded to?

2ndly, Gurley as a Freshman was better than Chubb is now. It's close but I still favor Gurley. Oh, and he got better. You claimed Chubb was nearly a finished product now. Not me. So, how is it logical using your claim to assume he sees the same level of growth as Gurley? You are contradicting yourself.

I didn't ask you if Gurley is the best RB in the country.

I already clarified what I meant.

How could Gurley be better as a Freshman if you mention "level of growth as Gurley"? Can you clarify on that? Are you saying that Gurley actually got a lot better from Freshman to Junior season? Wouldn't that mean he wasn't as good as Chubb as a Freshman? Who's contradicting themself now?

Xue, you seem to have are hard time reading what people actually post.

I didn't ask you if Gurley is the best RB in the country.

I already clarified what I meant.

How could Gurley be better as a Freshman if you mention "level of growth as Gurley"? Can you clarify on that? Are you saying that Gurley actually got a lot better from Freshman to Junior season? Wouldn't that mean he wasn't as good as Chubb as a Freshman? Who's contradicting themself now?

You're all over the place in this conversation and I'm not even sure you know what you mean.

I'll try to make it as clear as I can.

Gurley was better as a freshman, 2 years ago, 18 years old than Chubb is now.

Gurley has also gotten better over the course of the last 2 years and is IMO the best RB prospect to come out in years. I never said he got "a lot better." You are making that up.

You claimed Chubb was a near finished product already. Not me. Given that and given that I think Gurley is better now and was better 2 years ago in relation to Chubb now, I think Gurley is the better RB. Gurley as an "unfinished" prospect was better than your version of Chubb as a more near finished prospect.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Watch Gurley vs. Bama his freshman year. It's some of the best RB footage you will see from any season in the last several years.

Edited by jurb26

Likewise.

• Like 1

Likewise.

:lmao:

Rotoworld:

UCLA redshirt sophomore RB Paul Perkins "has has proven himself to be one of the top backs in the country," writes ESPN's KC Joyner.

Perkins ranks No. 5 amongst running backs in YPC (6.7) and percentage of rushing plays with five yards or more (47.7 percent) against Power 5 teams (50 rush minimum), according to Joyner. That he's doing it behind UCLA's dysfunctional offensive line makes it all the more impressive. "Perkins' big-play ability is evident in his No. 2 ranking in rushing plays of 10 or more yards (23)," Joyner wrote. "Great vision is another of his traits. That was on display when he did a superb job reading the defense and using blocks on a 49-yard screen pass that went for a touchdown against California."
Oct 22 - 6:14 PM

Rotoworld:

Ohio State sophomore RB Ezekiel Elliott is a better outside runner and a more natural pass-catcher than former starter Carlos Hyde, according to ESPN's Todd McShay.

Of course, Hyde is the superior inside runner, though Elliott isn't exactly a wilting flower in that department. "Elliott has a good stiff-arm and an excellent center of gravity and balance (he's 6-foot-0, 225 pounds), almost always falling forward," McShay wrote. "His workload is up significantly in recent games (74 touches for 474 yards in OSU's last three games, compared to 31 for 193 in its first three)." Elliott had 262 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 8.7 yards per carry as a true freshman last year.
Oct 22 - 8:47 PM

ESPN's Todd McShay believes Ohio State sophomore WR Michael Thomas "has a chance to be an elite player."

"He has strong hands and great body control and transition quickness after the catch, and he's been getting better at the little things (backside route-running, working back to the QB after the initial play breaks down, blocking in the running and screen games)," McShay wrote. Ohio State's go-to receiver, Keyshawn Johnson's nephew, is averaging 18.0 yards per catch and has five touchdowns.
Oct 22 - 7:49 PM

Ohio State sophomore OW Dontre Wilson "is a versatile, Percy Harvin-type of player," writes ESPN's Todd McShay.

"He's a notch below Harvin in terms of explosiveness; Wilson has great speed and is quick, but isn't quite as sudden in his movements as Harvin," McShay wrote. "The Buckeyes have been working to manufacture touches for Wilson, and it'd be even easier for them to get him the ball if he improved as a route-runner." The popular preseason breakout selection has only 13 runs for 80 yards and 14 receptions for 221 yards and a score in 2014. His lack of touches over the past year-and-a-half has been a little puzzling, frankly. Last year, the dearth was blamed on his skinny frame. This year, apparently it's his route running.
Oct 22 - 6:31 PM

Rotoworld:

Sports Illustrated's Inside Read reports that some inside the Clemson football program believe freshman QB Deshaun Watson is already better than Tajh Boyd.
Boyd, who holds basically every Clemson throwing record as well as the ACC record for career touchdown passes (106), was a sixth-round pick of the Jets in last May’s draft. "The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Watson is already going through his progressions in a way Boyd wasn’t able to do until his senior year," wrote SI's Pete Thamel and Thayer Evans. "He is also finding checkdowns instead of throwing deep into double-coverage like Boyd often did. Watson is a calm presence, whose innocent and fun demeanor is contagious. It’s a stark difference from the emotional Boyd, who often got rattled early in big games and never rebounded." Watson, who will miss a month after breaking a bone in his right hand versus Louisville, was the top-rated dual-threat quarterback in the 2014 class.
Oct 15 - 4:25 PM

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said freshman QB Deshaun Watson will remain the starter as long as he's healthy.

"Yeah. Yeah. Deshaun’s the starter. Whenever he’s healthy, he’ll be back out there," Swinney said. "Guys don’t lose their jobs because they get hurt. Something unusual would have to happen for that to be the case." Watson, currently sidelined with a broken right hand, will return no later Nov. 15 against Georgia Tech. If he's healthy enough, Swinney will send out Watson, the nation's top-rated dual-threat QB in the 2014 class, on Nov. 6 versus Wake Forest. Cole Stoudt will continue to play until Watson's return.
Oct 22 - 8:10 PM

Todd who?

Chubb with 89 carries, 501 rushing yards (5.6 YPC), and 4 TDs in three games since Gurley has been out. Also has 9 catches for 98 yards and a score.

The top devy prospect in either the 2016 or 2017 classes (maybe even 2015). :yes:

Edited by EBF

Todd who?

Chubb with 89 carries, 501 rushing yards (5.6 YPC), and 4 TDs in three games since Gurley has been out. Also has 9 catches for 98 yards and a score.

The top devy prospect in either the 2016 or 2017 classes (maybe even 2015). :yes:

Wow, pretty awesome. He's only 2.6 YPC below and run for half the number of TDs as "Todd who?" has (8.2 ypc and 8 TDs) on about the same # of carries (94 carries).

Quite possibly the best RB in college football right now!

In all seriousness, nice run and pretty solid stats and will certainly be a top prospect. But he's still no Todd Gurley.

Treadwell just suffered what looked like a pretty nasty ankle and/or lower leg injury being drug down from behind with the defender rolling on his ankle.

I'm not a doctor, but I doubt we'll be seeing him play again until sometime next year.

Treadwell just suffered what looked like a pretty nasty ankle and/or lower leg injury being drug down from behind with the defender rolling on his ankle.

I'm not a doctor, but I doubt we'll be seeing him play again until sometime next year.

Broken leg,out for season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11808078/laquon-treadwell-ole-miss-rebels-breaks-leg-dislocates-ankle

Goff still lacks a signature win, but he's up to 3110 yards passing, 27 TD against 4 INT. Against Oregon State he had a solid game with only one bad throw (should have been picked off), and helped Cal convert on 11 third-down plays (five by passes). He's showing mobility (but he's not a runner), ability to reset after evading pressure, and is consistently looking to second and third reads this season.

He still has lots of passing attempts, but is averaging 8.4 yards/attempt, with a passer rating of 154.8. Two more opportunities for high-profile wins (USC and Stanfraud) plus the possibility of a bowl game to get that national attention he'll need to put himself in the high in the discussion for 2015.

Goff still lacks a signature win, but he's up to 3110 yards passing, 27 TD against 4 INT. Against Oregon State he had a solid game with only one bad throw (should have been picked off), and helped Cal convert on 11 third-down plays (five by passes). He's showing mobility (but he's not a runner), ability to reset after evading pressure, and is consistently looking to second and third reads this season.

He still has lots of passing attempts, but is averaging 8.4 yards/attempt, with a passer rating of 154.8. Two more opportunities for high-profile wins (USC and Stanfraud) plus the possibility of a bowl game to get that national attention he'll need to put himself in the high in the discussion for 2015.

got a feeling he gets it against Stanford then has a strong bowl game followed by a nice hype machine during the offseason. Hope he handles success well, fun to watch.

Rotoworld:

Florida freshman RB Kelvin Taylor is "a young star," according to CBS Sports' Rob Rang.

Taylor, the son of former Gator (and Jaguar) star Fred Taylor, rushed for 197 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia on Saturday. "Like his father, Taylor boasts big-time breakaway speed, a trait he showed with a 44-yard gallop in the second quarter and a 65-yard touchdown run in the final frame," Rang wrote. Obviously, the youngster is a few years away from draft eligibility, but an NFL career is in the offing if all goes according to plan.
Source: CBS Sports
Nov 2 - 2:11 PM

Rotoworld:

Florida freshman RB Kelvin Taylor is "a young star," according to CBS Sports' Rob Rang.

Taylor, the son of former Gator (and Jaguar) star Fred Taylor, rushed for 197 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia on Saturday. "Like his father, Taylor boasts big-time breakaway speed, a trait he showed with a 44-yard gallop in the second quarter and a 65-yard touchdown run in the final frame," Rang wrote. Obviously, the youngster is a few years away from draft eligibility, but an NFL career is in the offing if all goes according to plan.
Nov 2 - 2:11 PM

I've actually been a bit disappointed with Taylor this year. I think Jones is the better back right now. He did make some very nice runs last week, but I expected him to be one of the better backs in the SEC--and he just hasn't been.

ETA: And he's not a freshman, as the title suggests.

Edited by Concept Coop

Weekly Chubb hype:

13 carries for 170 yards and a score against Kentucky, including this gem:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11840821

Putting aside the Chubb vs. Gurley debate since Gurley is already rostered in every dev league, maybe we can agree that Chubb needs to be the 1.01 this offseason in every devy draft in which he's eligible. I have not seen a better skill prospect in the freshman or sophomore classes.

Rotoworld:

Oregon freshman RB Royce Freeman had 15 carries for 99 yards in Saturday's 51-27 win over Utah.

Freeman had the privilege of scoring the final touchdown in Oregon's onslaught, slicing in from 11 yards in the fourth quarter. With Utah's defense keyed in on all-world starter Marcus Mariota, Freeman was able to find room to run and averaged a healthy 6.6 YPC. Oregon has a history of churning out running backs who don't translate to the NFL, but analysts like NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah and Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman believe that Freeman has a more powerful build than many former-Duck runners, at 6-foot, 229 pounds, which will help him to transition when the time comes.
Nov 9 - 6:05 PM

Florida freshman RB Kelvin Taylor rushed for 55 yards and scored a touchdown in Saturday's win over Vanderbilt.

The effort wasn't quite the eye-opening 197-yard performance that the youngster put in against Georgia a week ago, but Taylor showed his shiftiness on his score. He evaded several tacklers before scoring from 13 yards out. The run was reminiscent of father Fred Taylor's style. CBS Sports' Rob Rang wrote last week that "like his father, Taylor boasts big-time breakaway speed," something we're sure to see more of over the next few years as he takes over the workload in Florida's offense.
Nov 9 - 5:53 PM

Ohio State redshirt freshman QB J.T. Barrett threw three touchdown passes and ran for two more in Saturday's 49-37 win over Michigan State.

Barrett completed 16-of-26 passes for 300 yards. The Buckeyes were repeatedly able to bust up Sparty's defense for big plays. Barrett hit Michael Thomas for a 79-yard catch-and-run touchdown in the second quarter and threw a 44-yard bomb to Devin Smith just before the half. The freshman also rushed 14 times for 86 yards. Head coach Urban Meyer has committed to injured starter Braxton Miller for next spring, though it's going to be hard to keep Barrett on the bench if he keeps up this level of play.
Nov 9 - 4:53 PM

Georgia freshman RB Nick Chubb rushed for 170 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries in Saturday's 63-31 win over Kentucky.

With the return of Todd Gurley set for next week vs Auburn, Nick Chubb made the most of what will probably be his final start of the season. He was consistently ripping off big gains with ease, averaging over 13 YPC. "I'm very happy," Chubb said after the game. He should be. He's rushed for 671 yards and five touchdowns in Gurley's absence. While he's not draft eligible now, he opened a lot of eyes in his starting cameo. In late October, ESPN's Kevin Weidl wrote that he was "impressed by Chubb's vision and patience."
Nov 9 - 3:04 PM

LSU true freshman RB Leonard Fournette rushed for 79 yards on 21 carries in Saturday's 20-13 loss to Alabama.

Fournette was able to continuously pound out hard yards against an Alabama defense that had allowed just 78 YPG on the ground coming into Saturday. This season, Fournette's rushed for 736 yards and seven touchdowns. For a freshman with as much hype as Fournette, it's a good sign that he's continuing to grind out games without getting frustrated.
Nov 9 - 7:58 PM
Edited by Faust

Rotoworld:

Ohio State sophomore WR Michael Thomas "has the size/speed blend that NFL scouts seek at the position," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

"Thomas has the size/speed blend that NFL scouts seek at the position and evaluators are eagerly awaiting his development moving forward, Brugler wrote. This season, J.T. Barrett's favorite target and Keyshawn Johnson's nephew, leads the Buckeyes in receiving this with 31 catches for 538 receiving yards and seven touchdowns. Brugler adds that "it's clear" that Thomas "is still far from his football ceiling."
Nov 11 - 3:06 PM

Rotoworld:

LSU freshman WR Trey Quinn's drops against Alabama "surprised" HC Les Miles.

"We had some of our best receivers, I mean maybe the most talented ball-skill guys, drop balls," said the Mad Hatter. This season, Quinn has caught 16 balls for 190 yards. He had two crucial drops against Alabama. "I would bet you that that wouldn't happen again like that for a long time," the coach said. Quinn hasn't offered huge production to this point, so it's possible that he was feeling the spotlight a little bit. The freshman was the No. 3 receiver in the 2014 recruiting class and is known for having sure hands.
Source: ESPN.com
Nov 11 - 6:43 PM

Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin said that freshman QB Kyle Allen will start over Kenny Hill on Saturday.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody, as the freshman gunslinger looked great in helping to lead the upset over then-No. 3 Auburn. Allen completed 19-of-27 passes for 277 yards and four touchdowns against the Tigers. The performance earned Allen a Walter Camp Offensive Player of the Week honor. Former starter Kenny Hill had been serving a two-game suspension for violating team rules. Hill will be available to play if necessary.
Nov 11 - 6:30 PM

Goff started out poorly against USC and got hit a lot in the pocket, but kept plugging away and wound up doing a good amount of damage (29/47 for 279 and 3 TDs). Cal converted five fourth downs and I think four of those were on passes, as we came back from 29 down to onsides kicking while down 8. Still not a signature win, but he showed that he can sling it against a good defense.

Rotoworld:

Pittsburgh sophomore RB James Conner rushed for 220 yards and four touchdowns on 30 carries in the school's 40-35 loss to UNC.

Conner opened the game with a 56 yard touchdown run, something not many expect from a 6'2/240 pound back. He is not draft-eligible, but Conner offers skills that are fairly unique and also has experience on the defensive side of the ball last year.
Nov 15 - 4:56 PM

Penn State sophomore QB Christian Hackenberg continued his downward trend, completing 12 of 26 attempts for 112 yards and two interceptions in the school's 30-13 win over Temple.

Hackenberg's first interception occurred on a deflection after throwing behind his receiver. The second was even worse after throwing off his back foot after holding the ball too long. Some will continue to blame the offensive line, but Hackenberg has not been good when isolating his performances. In fact, the two sacks in the second quarter are squarely on his shoulders. Maybe Hackenberg is not really regressing, perhaps we are just getting the real picture on his evaluation. Next season will be telling.
Nov 15 - 3:41 PM

Samaje Perine is a couple big runs away from breaking Melvin Gordon's week old single game rushing record. :o

Samaje Perine is a couple big runs away from breaking Melvin Gordon's week old single game rushing record. :o

It's broken.

Rotoworld:

Penn State sophomore QB Christian Hackenberg completed 8 of 16 attempts for 93 yards and a touchdown in the school's 16-14 loss to Illinois.

Do we have to repeat ourselves? We have read some blaming the offensive line for Hackenberg's poor play this season while citing sack totals. That is not fair to the offensive line, as Hackenberg is the reason for so many of the sacks. It might not be a situation that many could succeed in, but right now Hackenberg is not one of them.
Nov 22 - 4:52 PM

Ohio State redshirt freshman QB J.T. Barrett completed 25 of 35 attempts for 302 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions in the school's 42-27 win over Indiana.

Barrett added another 78 yards on the ground. What Barrett does so well is decipher what he is seeing, both pre and post snap. As many have stated, it will be interesting to see what Urban Meyer does with Barrett and Braxton Miller next season. We doubt Barrett sits.
Nov 22 - 3:39 PM

It's still early in the college season and he's only a true freshman, but my God, you gotta check out Samaje Perine RB from OU. You'll be hearing about him soon enough. 5'11 240 lbs. Watching defenders bounce off him is hilarious. 242 rushing yards and 4 TDs last game vs West Virginia.

:bowtie:

Boomer