Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

marijuana winning big at the polls. CO/MASS/wash pass

Looks like there's a push on now in Wisconsin. All 16 advisory referendums (14 county, two city) asking if weed should be legalized voted "yes." There was probably some self-selection as to where those took place but there's also new legislative activity as well. Illinois and Wisconsin would be really good gets for the movement, another 18 million Americans enjoying the new benefits.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, roadkill1292 said:

I just read a story in a Quad City site that quoted Iowa law enforcement officers being worried about pending legalization across the river in Illinois. But someone else quoted in the story indicated that it won't happen because Illinois dispensaries will be required to accept only valid Illinois ID to purchase. That's not really the way it's gonna be, is it? Illinois will only sell to Illinois residents? Who else does that?

Colorado and Nevada do not, and Im sure Michigan wont

On 11/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, roadkill1292 said:

I just read a story in a Quad City site that quoted Iowa law enforcement officers being worried about pending legalization across the river in Illinois. But someone else quoted in the story indicated that it won't happen because Illinois dispensaries will be required to accept only valid Illinois ID to purchase. That's not really the way it's gonna be, is it? Illinois will only sell to Illinois residents? Who else does that?

Dear god, that would be dumb. Illinois has one of the top tourist/business traveler cities in the country. Turning away that kind of tax revenue seems less than smart.

MJBizCon show in Vegas was off the charts. Show has pretty much doubled every year for the past 3 or 4 years.  

8 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Looks like there's a push on now in Wisconsin. All 16 advisory referendums (14 county, two city) asking if weed should be legalized voted "yes." There was probably some self-selection as to where those took place but there's also new legislative activity as well. Illinois and Wisconsin would be really good gets for the movement, another 18 million Americans enjoying the new benefits.

The finances behind this will drive it to be legal everywhere very fast.

11 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Which state will be the last to go full recreational?  Arkansas? Alabama? Kentucky?

Which states will keep it illegal after the feds inevitably legalize?

52 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Which states will keep it illegal after the feds inevitably legalize?

I doubt any of them do.  Consider the competitive disadvantage your state is in if you do.

10 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I doubt any of them do.  Consider the competitive disadvantage your state is in if you do.

Mississippi, Alabama and friends are perfectly fine being 150 year behind the rest of the country now. I think Snorkleson could be right.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Mississippi, Alabama and friends are perfectly fine being 150 year behind the rest of the country now. I think Snorkleson could be right.

If Saban loses recruits Bama legislators will light up joints on the capitol steps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

Their morals will outweigh the common sense of making the money. In Michigan, Huron county passed some sort of ordinance so medical dispensaries were unable to operate there. The neighboring counties did as well, so anyone that wanted to go buy some pot legally had a pretty lengthy drive. I could see the same thing happening when it’s officially legal. The county had the highest “no” vote on prop 1 at 60%. There are a lot of farmers in that community. They could benefit greatly, as I said upthread, being the green thumb of the country and marketing it as such. Because Huron county is in the “thumb” of MI- I guess I never really explained that part. They won’t, because they are too conservative, and a black market will continue to thrive there because there’s plenty of people that smoke there and no one will want to drive 2 hours. 

4 hours ago, Dedfin said:

Which state will be the last to go full recreational?  Arkansas? Alabama? Kentucky?

Sigh.  Louisiana. 

5 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Their morals will outweigh the common sense of making the money. In Michigan, Huron county passed some sort of ordinance so medical dispensaries were unable to operate there. The neighboring counties did as well, so anyone that wanted to go buy some pot legally had a pretty lengthy drive. I could see the same thing happening when it’s officially legal. The county had the highest “no” vote on prop 1 at 60%. There are a lot of farmers in that community. They could benefit greatly, as I said upthread, being the green thumb of the country and marketing it as such. Because Huron county is in the “thumb” of MI- I guess I never really explained that part. They won’t, because they are too conservative, and a black market will continue to thrive there because there’s plenty of people that smoke there and no one will want to drive 2 hours. 

Fedex?

7 hours ago, Dedfin said:

While Arkansas will be at least 20 years behind, they already have medical as soon as the politicians quit screwing around.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 8:47 AM, Juxtatarot said:

In my opinion, there is a good chance Illinois will legalize next year now that they elected an Democratic governor that is pro-legalization and also has a Democratic led House and Senate.  The state could certainly use the tax revenue.

Very good chance, but doesn't it take another 18-24 months (or so I have heard) to actually get things up and running?

I would imagine though that there would all kinds of new businesses, including those selling it in food, etc.

The state can use tax revenue, but the question won't the state just spend more vs. paying down bills and governing responsible? In Illinois, this is likely to cause a spending spree (found money) mentality.

7 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Utah?

They’ll go rev, but limit products to 10% thc or less.  Just like the way they handle booze.  

9 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Reminds me of driving thru blue counties getting to that drive thru liquor store a few miles down the road. Of course we could have looked for a still.

7 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Reminds me of driving thru blue counties getting to that drive thru liquor store a few miles down the road. Of course we could have looked for a still.

Yep, piles of cash just driving right past your town/county/state. All day, every day.

suckers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rirruto said:

While Arkansas will be at least 20 years behind, they already have medical as soon as the politicians quit screwing around.

Louisiana had the first medical law in the country. 

No one’s ever been able to buy any of it legally.