Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

marijuana winning big at the polls. CO/MASS/wash pass

2,344 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Trump says he'll probably back marijuana protections bill

President Trump's expression of support Friday for legislation that would protect legal marijuana activities in states that have approved the drug is being hailed as a possible sea change in American narcotics policy.

Speaking to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before boarding Marine One en route to the Group of 7 summit in Canada, Trump said he was inclined to support the bill, sponsored by Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Cory Gardner, R-Colo.

"I support Senator Gardner. I know exactly what he's doing," Trump told reporters when asked about the legislation. "We're looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna881561

There's a lot not to like about Trump, but I'm pretty pleased if he finally gets this going. Big step in the right direction. 

40 minutes ago, Mile High said:

President Trump's expression of support Friday for legislation that would protect legal marijuana activities in states that have approved the drug is being hailed as a possible sea change in American narcotics policy.

Speaking to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before boarding Marine One en route to the Group of 7 summit in Canada, Trump said he was inclined to support the bill, sponsored by Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Cory Gardner, R-Colo.

"I support Senator Gardner. I know exactly what he's doing," Trump told reporters when asked about the legislation. "We're looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes."

Thank you TRUMP

21 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

Thank you TRUMP

You're thanking Trump for something he “COULD” do.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mile High said:

Trying to piss off Sessions?

1 person likes this

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/nyregion/new-york-marijuana-legalization.html?action=click&module=In Other News&pgtype=Homepage&action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Would be pretty significant if New York legalizes, just because of the population size. Gotta be a tipping point somewhere for the federal government to finally take some steps in the right direction.

3 people like this

On 9/6/2018 at 4:45 AM, sho nuff said:

Trying to piss off Sessions?

That was my 1st thought

1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/nyregion/new-york-marijuana-legalization.html?action=click&module=In Other News&pgtype=Homepage&action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Would be pretty significant if New York legalizes, just because of the population size. Gotta be a tipping point somewhere for the federal government to finally take some steps in the right direction.

New York and Michigan combine for close to 10% of the country's population. That would have an enormous effect on the rest of the region.

Michigan is also immediately adjacent to Canada, whose Parliament just made legalization official yesterday. Probable start up date in September. Eight grams and four plants allowable personally plus licensed retail dispensaries a la Colorado.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Michigan is also immediately adjacent to Canada, whose Parliament just made legalization official yesterday. Probable start up date in September. Eight grams and four plants allowable personally plus licensed retail dispensaries a la Colorado.

They pushed the date to Oct. 17 and there will be different models in every province in terms of dispensaries (some will be more independent, some fully government run) but yeah it's going to be legal nationwide for recreational use :thumbup:

2 people like this

Just now, Northern Voice said:

They pushed the date to Oct. 17 and there will be different models in every province in terms of dispensaries (some will be more independent, some fully government run) but yeah it's going to be legal nationwide for recreational use :thumbup:

I'm coming up there next June make sure you have everything going smoothly by then, thanks.

4 people like this

Just now, Northern Voice said:

Lead the way. :thumbup:

More Canada: the legal age will be 18 instead of 21, private dispensaries will have full access to banking and customers will be able to order online and get mail delivery of the product (proof of age required upon receipt, packages won't be left on the doorstep).

My goodness. That's so adult.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

More Canada: the legal age will be 18 instead of 21, private dispensaries will have full access to banking and customers will be able to order online and get mail delivery of the product (proof of age required upon receipt, packages won't be left on the doorstep).

My goodness. That's so adult.

Between they and our recent turn to the fascist, I may have to take up my right to Canadian Citizenship. If it weren't so damn cold, probably already would have.

:stonedbanana:

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Koya said:

Between they and our recent turn to the fascist, I may have to take up my right to Canadian Citizenship. If it weren't so damn cold, probably already would have.

:stonedbanana:

If I had weed, food and beer delivery available I'd never leave the house post-retirement. I might not even bathe.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

If I had weed, food and beer delivery available I'd never leave the house post-retirement. I might not even bathe.

If you never shower while stoned you're missing out buddy.

5 people like this

10 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

If you never shower while stoned you're missing out buddy.

Im tryingn to remember the last time I showered and wasn't.

J/K.  Unless we include a little haze from the night before, pre coffee 

There is no clear trend for increased usage by those 17 years or younger - but there are some signs of more usage by young adults.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

Barring complications, North Dakota will have a legalization question on the November ballot.  Current polling: 46% in favor, 39% opposed, 15% undecided. Not a sure thing but not impossible, either. 

North Dakota, that slays me. I always think of that place as one of the reddest and most rural in the country.

They need new crops with a domestic market?

Edited by msommer
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Barring complications, North Dakota will have a legalization question on the November ballot.  Current polling: 46% in favor, 39% opposed, 15% undecided. Not a sure thing but not impossible, either. 

North Dakota, that slays me. I always think of that place as one of the reddest and most rural in the country.

Wow, ND is almost on my doorstep. A car with Minnesota plates leaving Colorado May draw LEO eyes. But one leaving North Dakota? He’ll no.

2 hours ago, Jobber said:

Wow, ND is almost on my doorstep. A car with Minnesota plates leaving Colorado May draw LEO eyes. But one leaving North Dakota? He’ll no.

He'll no what?