What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

marijuana winning big at the polls. CO/MASS/wash pass (1 Viewer)

Has there ever been any sort of buddy system setup in this place in order to help out some of us? It's been awhile since my last road trip through Colorado and I am close to getting desperate :coffee:

North Dakota, the only state where voters rejected a marijuana ballot initiative last year, quietly decriminalized on May 2. 

That's a pretty substantial fine for a half ounce but it's better than being being tossed in the pokey for having a couple of grams. Interestingly, the legislature and governor's office decided not to make an announcement about this after it passed; the local chapter of NORML discovered it and broke the news. Why would lawmakers pass it but then keep it on the down low?
Probably because voters struck down the attempt at legalization so they don't expect decriminalization to be super popular. 

Drove up to Mass from NJ yesterday to visit my first dispensary.   Obviously legalization has been a long time coming, but still wild to see big glass jars right in front of you filled with gorgeous buds.   There's an ounce limit in Mass per day but I was able to score myself some gummies, a couple tinctures (really looking forward to trying this out in a public setting), and a little over a half ounce of flower.   I haven't smoked in about a year and the strain I got along with some vodka sodas knocked me on my ### last night.   Going to try a gummy tonight?

Drove up to Mass from NJ yesterday to visit my first dispensary.   Obviously legalization has been a long time coming, but still wild to see big glass jars right in front of you filled with gorgeous buds.   There's an ounce limit in Mass per day but I was able to score myself some gummies, a couple tinctures (really looking forward to trying this out in a public setting), and a little over a half ounce of flower.   I haven't smoked in about a year and the strain I got along with some vodka sodas knocked me on my ### last night.   Going to try a gummy tonight?
Looks like we're on hold for 2 more years now that its going to be on the 2020 ballot.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Meanwhile in Kentucky........

Kentucky's Governor said that because of 'overdoses', he won't ever legalize cannabis. https://t.co/ZXlgnpDppX

This and mitch mcconnell.....sigh
Hey, that's not funny.  I overdosed last night and it put me right to sleep. Did't know a thing till this morning. I just hope I can recover.

Kind of exciting.  I know everyone always says it's easy to get anywhere but as I got older and hung around with different people, I ran out of connections and didn't feel comfortable really asking around.  Plus I prefer to be law abiding.  Smoked a lot in my college years and early 20s but then less and less as I got older.  It's been several years since the last time.  I'll have to read up before January since I know very little about different types.

Kind of exciting.  I know everyone always says it's easy to get anywhere but as I got older and hung around with different people, I ran out of connections and didn't feel comfortable really asking around.  Plus I prefer to be law abiding.  Smoked a lot in my college years and early 20s but then less and less as I got older.  It's been several years since the last time.  I'll have to read up before January since I know very little about different types.
And just wait until you can try all different types of strains with different THC content and terpenes.  

Really excited about the social justice elements of the IL legislation.  All states need to be following this model.  

Just got back from Southern Va.  Visit there and you'll reconsider, confederate flags were as plentiful as Trump signs. 
It's a different world along the southern tier and western parts of the state. I went to college in Lynchburg when neighboring counties were still resisting school integration so I'm not a stranger to those parts. But they're being slowly outnumbered by the growing metro areas in the state, a phenomena that's happening all over the country and will change it dramatically.

It's a different world along the southern tier and western parts of the state. I went to college in Lynchburg when neighboring counties were still resisting school integration so I'm not a stranger to those parts. But they're being slowly outnumbered by the growing metro areas in the state, a phenomena that's happening all over the country and will change it dramatically.
We need to grow some liberal metro areas in low population red states.  If we can just stick a few big cities in places like Wyoming and the Dakotas and Montana, the Senate map would look a lot different.  How do we make this happen?

We need to grow some liberal metro areas in low population red states.  If we can just stick a few big cities in places like Wyoming and the Dakotas and Montana, the Senate map would look a lot different.  How do we make this happen?
It's happening naturally. But it's the big red states where it'll happen first, I think.

Let's pool our money and start to take over a small town that has a great landscape and and is somewhat accessible.

I'm in.

Congrats to our friends in Illinois. I was thinking that not only do 12 million people live in your state, but another 25-30 million live in the five bordering states. That's a big chunk of the midwest --- and the nation in general -- with easy and legal access to weed.
They are going to lap Michigan and hopefully force them to accelerate their processes.  Looks like they'll (IL) be converting 55 retail stores strait from med to rec right at the beginning of the year.  If they pull it off that will be an impressive transition.   

Ohio Accidentally Legalizes Marijuana

City Attorney Zach Klein says the decision is based on complications after the state legalized hemp.

On July 30, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed Senate Bill 57 into law.

It legalizes hemp in Ohio, giving Ohio farmers a new crop and new source of revenue.

The law changes the definition of marijuana to exclude hemp, based on the amount of THC — the chemical that gets you high.

A THC level of .3 percent or less is hemp and legal. A THC level of over .3 percent is marijuana, still illegal in Ohio.

"Now we have to be able to distinguish the difference between hemp and marijuana," said Jason Pappas, Vice President of the Ohio Fraternal Order of Police. "That is not possible for a human being to do, that has to be done through crime analysis."

The problem is, most, if not all, crime labs in Ohio can only detect the presence of THC, not the quantity of it.

That includes the Columbus police lab and BCI state crime lab.

"Until these testing requirements are fixed and until we get some additional training and resources available to us, it's going to be very difficult to go after any marijuana cases in Ohio," he said.

Glenn McEntyre: "What's the end result of that, effectively?"

Jason Pappas: "You legalized marijuana in Ohio for a time being."

Glenn McEntyre: "That's what lawmakers have done?"

Jason Pappas: "That's what I see today."

Last week, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost sent a letter to every prosecutor in the state, saying in part:

"BCI is in early... stages of validating... methods to meet this new legal requirement," something they say "may take several months."

In the meantime, BCI is recommending prosecutors: "Suspend identification of marijuana testing," and "Do not indict any cannabis-related items."

Ohio Accidentally Legalizes Marijuana

City Attorney Zach Klein says the decision is based on complications after the state legalized hemp.

On July 30, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed Senate Bill 57 into law.

It legalizes hemp in Ohio, giving Ohio farmers a new crop and new source of revenue.

The law changes the definition of marijuana to exclude hemp, based on the amount of THC — the chemical that gets you high.

A THC level of .3 percent or less is hemp and legal. A THC level of over .3 percent is marijuana, still illegal in Ohio.

"Now we have to be able to distinguish the difference between hemp and marijuana," said Jason Pappas, Vice President of the Ohio Fraternal Order of Police. "That is not possible for a human being to do, that has to be done through crime analysis."

The problem is, most, if not all, crime labs in Ohio can only detect the presence of THC, not the quantity of it.

That includes the Columbus police lab and BCI state crime lab.

"Until these testing requirements are fixed and until we get some additional training and resources available to us, it's going to be very difficult to go after any marijuana cases in Ohio," he said.

Glenn McEntyre: "What's the end result of that, effectively?"

Jason Pappas: "You legalized marijuana in Ohio for a time being."

Glenn McEntyre: "That's what lawmakers have done?"

Jason Pappas: "That's what I see today."

Last week, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost sent a letter to every prosecutor in the state, saying in part:

"BCI is in early... stages of validating... methods to meet this new legal requirement," something they say "may take several months."

In the meantime, BCI is recommending prosecutors: "Suspend identification of marijuana testing," and "Do not indict any cannabis-related items."
:lmao:

Priceless

but he's right about marijuana being more dangerous than it used to be, very dangerous for pregnant women and for teens who are chemically unbalanced 
@timschochet - care to provide a link or a source?

You know TCH is only one chemical compound from the cannabis plant, right?   Yes, testing results are much higher, but there is cannabis out there where you get more stoned/high from something that might be 15% THC vs. another strain that might be 28% THC.  There is nothing more "dangerous" about cannabis now then there was decades ago.  Cannabinoids (THC, CBD, CBG, CBN) plus terpenes plus flavonoids all go into producing both the psychological and physical reactions to the plant.  Plants are constantly being genetically modified to push / pull these numbers for these chemical compounds in all directions mostly for medical purposes.

You are spreading propaganda.  

Gov. Tom Wolf of PA announced he supports legislation to legalize rec marijuana use in PA.  PA overwhelming supports it.  Glad to see it may come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Gov. Tom Wolf of PA announced he supports legislation to legalize rec marijuana use in PA.  PA overwhelming supports it.  Glad to see it may come to fruition sooner rather than later.
I predict it will be years away before it is legal in PA.   We're just starting to get wine and beer in grocery stores

I predict it will be years away before it is legal in PA.   We're just starting to get wine and beer in grocery stores
Yeah, its probably still going to take a while as I live in PA too but it is surprising that they are at least in the process of doing so by the looks of it.

I'm repeating myself a little here but getting Illinois to turn green is almost bigger than when California broke the mold a few years back. California borders on states with a combined population of about 13 million, states which were either already blue or drifting in that direction. Illinois is surrounded by states with about twice that many people and they're all red or reddish-purple states. I think it will be an influencer and furthermore I think it's awfully hard for a state to stay conservative when it has legal weed. So I think this matters in the big picture.

$3.2 million in statewide sales on opening day in Illinois yesterday. Some stores were reportedly running out of bud before closing.

That rate is $1.1 billion in annual sales.
That's at only 35 dispensaries.  Imagine if people could buy it more conveniently and without having to wait in line for hours.
Sounds like it's possible they get the same issues as they have in Canada where 75% of users still buy on the black market due to lack of licensed retail space

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably at first but there will be more and more stores in time.  
Is the licensing setup working properly? In Canada (possibly only Ontario) they are only now starting to rejig the system as I understand and in the mean time the producers have made far more than the retail spaces could sell

Is the licensing setup working properly? In Canada (possibly only Ontario) they are only now starting to rejig the system as I understand and in the mean time the producers have made far more than the retail spaces could sell
There is concern about shortages since what's legally sold has to be produced in Illinois.  I think it's going to be a giant cluster#### this first year.  I am assuming it all gets working properly in time.

The first wave of stores were ones that sold medically.  Illinois had a more restrictive medical program than other states so that wasn't that big.  Next wave of licenses aren't until May.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm repeating myself a little here but getting Illinois to turn green is almost bigger than when California broke the mold a few years back. California borders on states with a combined population of about 13 million, states which were either already blue or drifting in that direction. Illinois is surrounded by states with about twice that many people and they're all red or reddish-purple states. I think it will be an influencer and furthermore I think it's awfully hard for a state to stay conservative when it has legal weed. So I think this matters in the big picture.
And decent sized cities right near the border (St. Louis, Milwaukee, in particular).

Juxtatarot said:
There is concern about shortages since what's legally sold has to be produced in Illinois.  I think it's going to be a giant cluster#### this first year.  I am assuming it all gets working properly in time.

The first wave of stores were ones that sold medically.  Illinois had a more restrictive medical program than other states so that wasn't that big.  Next wave of licenses aren't until May.
This is why OR is pushing to allow inter-state transfers hopefully at some point. CA and OR could provide the rest of the country weed during the first year when states don't have enough product to satisfy the demand. I can only imagine what the shortages will look like with NJ and NY come on board.

Users who are viewing this thread