Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

marijuana winning big at the polls. CO/MASS/wash pass

10 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Illinois is working on a recreational legalization bill that will hopefully get approved this session.  Democratic governor ran on legalization and there is Democratic control of the House and Senate.  It should be a no-brainer considering how broke the state is (among other reasons, of course) but we'll see.

Im keeping my eye on this.  Illinois is right next door to me.

32 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Illinois is working on a recreational legalization bill that will hopefully get approved this session.  Democratic governor ran on legalization and there is Democratic control of the House and Senate.  It should be a no-brainer considering how broke the state is (among other reasons, of course) but we'll see.

A few of the big multi-state cannabis operators with some deep pockets (GTI and Cresco) are based in IL, I"m sure they are filling some politicians pockets with the other green.

BTW - if you are interested in all about the political and social ramifications of legalizing cannabis and the results (and history) of prohibition, please watch the Grass is Greener documentary on Netflix.  @timschochet

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Franknbeans said:

and the largest exporter of Marijuana is, you guessed it, the UK

it's going to be Africa in the very near future.

3 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Illinois bill is out. How can this not pass?

Looks really good.  Love all the social justice iniatives.  They are doing it right.   

• Like 1

North Dakota, the only state where voters rejected a marijuana ballot initiative last year, quietly decriminalized on May 2. 

The legislation means that first-time offenders caught possessing half an ounce or less of cannabis will be subject to a fine of up to $1,000, with no jail time. Individuals could be charged with a misdemeanor if they get additional possession infractions over the course of a year.

Additionally, the bill will reduce penalties for possession of greater amounts of marijuana. Possession of more than half an ounce but less than 500 grams will be considered a class B misdemeanor instead of a felony, and possession of anything greater than 500 grams will be a class A misdemeanor, again lowered from a felony.

That's a pretty substantial fine for a half ounce but it's better than being being tossed in the pokey for having a couple of grams. Interestingly, the legislature and governor's office decided not to make an announcement about this after it passed; the local chapter of NORML discovered it and broke the news. Why would lawmakers pass it but then keep it on the down low?

Has there ever been any sort of buddy system setup in this place in order to help out some of us? It's been awhile since my last road trip through Colorado and I am close to getting desperate :coffee:

On 5/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, ericttspikes said:

My college roommate got busted with two full trash bags of mushrooms in Del Norte, CO. Not the place to be a long-haired freak. They were determined to be "not illegal, but 100% deadly", per his lawyer. The same source had been supplying mushrooms to the college and many in town for years. Thought that was funny. But yeah, he walked.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, roadkill1292 said:

North Dakota, the only state where voters rejected a marijuana ballot initiative last year, quietly decriminalized on May 2. 

That's a pretty substantial fine for a half ounce but it's better than being being tossed in the pokey for having a couple of grams. Interestingly, the legislature and governor's office decided not to make an announcement about this after it passed; the local chapter of NORML discovered it and broke the news. Why would lawmakers pass it but then keep it on the down low?

Probably because voters struck down the attempt at legalization so they don't expect decriminalization to be super popular. 

Drove up to Mass from NJ yesterday to visit my first dispensary.   Obviously legalization has been a long time coming, but still wild to see big glass jars right in front of you filled with gorgeous buds.   There's an ounce limit in Mass per day but I was able to score myself some gummies, a couple tinctures (really looking forward to trying this out in a public setting), and a little over a half ounce of flower.   I haven't smoked in about a year and the strain I got along with some vodka sodas knocked me on my ### last night.   Going to try a gummy tonight?

41 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Drove up to Mass from NJ yesterday to visit my first dispensary.   Obviously legalization has been a long time coming, but still wild to see big glass jars right in front of you filled with gorgeous buds.   There's an ounce limit in Mass per day but I was able to score myself some gummies, a couple tinctures (really looking forward to trying this out in a public setting), and a little over a half ounce of flower.   I haven't smoked in about a year and the strain I got along with some vodka sodas knocked me on my ### last night.   Going to try a gummy tonight?

Looks like we're on hold for 2 more years now that its going to be on the 2020 ballot.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:25 AM, the moops said:

Has there ever been any sort of buddy system setup in this place in order to help out some of us? It's been awhile since my last road trip through Colorado and I am close to getting desperate :coffee:

My link