jamny

The Americans

1,761 posts in this topic

The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell), who have two children – 13-year-old Paige (Holly Taylor) and 10-year-old Henry (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents’ true identity – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Philip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. Stan and his partner, Agent Chris Amador (Maximiliano Hernández), are members of a new division of Counterintelligence tasked with fighting against foreign agents on U.S. soil, including KGB Directorate S illegals, Russian spies posing as Americans.

Keri Russell :thumbup: Edited by jamny

Keri Russell = Sooooo hot.

Oh.. and seems like Mr and Mrs Smith for TV

Time to make this the "Official" thread.. :popcorn:

3 new shows coming out here in the next couple of months that I'm looking forward to..

This one, The Following, and will watch the first couple "bates Motel" and hope for the best.

Seems to be a GREAT year for mid-season starts. :popcorn:

Time to make this the "Official" thread.. :popcorn: 3 new shows coming out here in the next couple of months that I'm looking forward to.. This one, The Following, and will watch the first couple "bates Motel" and hope for the best. Seems to be a GREAT year for mid-season starts. :popcorn:

man.. cant find any of those on the directv online guide... wish i could set my dvr now instead of forgetting in a week :rant:

Set to premiere Wednesday, January 30, at 10:00pm, fwiw.

:blackdot:

The commercials for it creep me the heck out.

Never been the biggest Keri Russell fan, but she looks hawt in the new promos. :wub:

With this starting up Wednesday, has anyone heard anything good or bad about this show?

record series set. :popcorn: with this and the following looks like itll be a good first quarter of 2013 :thumbup:

record series set. :popcorn: with this and the following looks like itll be a good first quarter of 2013 :thumbup:

:goodposting:

Starts tonight and according to the cable guide, it runs for 97 minutes tonight.

Keri Russell does not age. I suppose if I could watch later season Felicity and August Rush, I can definitely watch her in something that could be good.

Previews look good. Kind of reminds me of Homeland with Russians.

Previews look good. Kind of reminds me of Homeland with Russians.

That's what the previously linked review compares it to.Stoked. :popcorn:

:blackdot: Definitely going to check it out and here's the glowing Grantland review:

My link

AV Club says it's the best drama pilot of the year. Good enough for me.:blackdot:

I still have yet to watch Sons of Anarchy or Rescue Me, but FX has never let me down with their non-comedy TV series' so I'll definitely be checking this one out.

Hot peroxide blonde going down on a guy 30 seconds into the first episode. :thumbup:

Hot peroxide blonde going down on a guy 30 seconds into the first episode. :thumbup:

Felicity.... And im lost already

Ok im in.....

I think the Captain is going to get the same treatment he gave her

30 minutes in and Keri Russell has taken it in 2 out of 3 holes. Nice. Hoping for the hat trick before the halfway point.

I'm too effing stoopid to follow this the first time through. I'll need a second viewing to put the pieces together.

30 minutes in and Keri Russell has taken it in 2 out of 3 holes. Nice. Hoping for the hat trick before the halfway point.

And BOOM! goes the Dynamite!

:lmao: at "getting to the moon isn't everything. Just getting into space is an accomplishment." ETA: soundtrack is good.