What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cole Beasley, BUF (1 Viewer)

Cowboys slot WR Cole Beasley will have an "expanded route tree" in 2018.

"Anytime you get to do something different and show something else that may have been hidden is definitely a new challenge and it's more fun," Beasley said Thursday. "I'm excited just to do it." Beasley could apparently kick out more with Allen Hurns manning the inside. Although "versatility" is a nice way of putting it, it speaks to how direly thin the Cowboys' receiver corps is.

Source: Brandon George on Twitter 

Jul 26 - 4:31 PM

Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett emphasized that Cole Beasley will play more snaps on the outside this season.

Garrett also claimed it will be a natural transition for the 29-year-old, 5-foot-8 slot man. "I think he’s always been able to handle it," Garrett said. "You’ve seen him have a lot of success at different times as an outside receiver." The fact that this is becoming one of the early tropes of Cowboys camp speaks to just how thin the Cowboys' receiver group is. If this is the solution to that problem, the Cowboys' passing attack is in even more trouble than we thought.

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter 

Jul 31 - 5:53 PM

According to The Athletic's Calvin Watkins, free agent WR Cole Beasley is seeking $20 million guaranteed on his next contract.

That seems ambitious, though in a weak free agent crop, Beasley has a good chance to cash in. The 29-year-old has been openly critical of the Cowboys' front office this offseason and looks to be headed elsewhere after a seven-year stay in Dallas. The veteran slot man could be a fit for a receiver-needy team like the Packers or Patriots.

SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter

Mar 3, 2019, 9:53 AM

20 mil for how long is the Q.

I found it interesting that several teams at the combine stated an interest in Beasley.

What I read....he made a lot of sense with what he said and it didn't even sound all that damning either. The front office decides who gets targets was about the quote shared but the whole thing amounted to them trading for Amari, so he felt slighted when he got a bunch less targets and didn't want that to impact his chance to make some $. The best part, the most interesting for me, was how he discussed things with Welker. I didn't know they knew each other and to be honest, I like him as a slot a little more now...a little. So he was discussing how you know when you're not considered the best or elite in the NFL- no one ever talks about it outside the league, but the players know. They don't get all these opportunities, don't always get veteran rest, don't get the time off to do interviews, former stars don't come to see you etc. He said he was bitter about it at first (with Dez and Witten) but then decided to use it to his advantage; he would have more time to train and work on his game than those guys.

I've always liked this guy. I like most any player that always talks about hard work and hustles all over the field. The Titans spoke of being interested in him and I've been conflicted about it. They really need a stud like AB but they've almost always been a collection of lunchpail guys so Beasley would be more likely. I don't think he gets them over the top though and... just conflicted. 

20 mil for how long is the Q.

I found it interesting that several teams at the combine stated an interest in Beasley.

What I read....he made a lot of sense with what he said and it didn't even sound all that damning either. The front office decides who gets targets was about the quote shared but the whole thing amounted to them trading for Amari, so he felt slighted when he got a bunch less targets and didn't want that to impact his chance to make some $. The best part, the most interesting for me, was how he discussed things with Welker. I didn't know they knew each other and to be honest, I like him as a slot a little more now...a little. So he was discussing how you know when you're not considered the best or elite in the NFL- no one ever talks about it outside the league, but the players know. They don't get all these opportunities, don't always get veteran rest, don't get the time off to do interviews, former stars don't come to see you etc. He said he was bitter about it at first (with Dez and Witten) but then decided to use it to his advantage; he would have more time to train and work on his game than those guys.

I've always liked this guy. I like most any player that always talks about hard work and hustles all over the field. The Titans spoke of being interested in him and I've been conflicted about it. They really need a stud like AB but they've almost always been a collection of lunchpail guys so Beasley would be more likely. I don't think he gets them over the top though and... just conflicted. 
Next stud WR for NE.

So that begs the question - if you want to acquire him, now is the time to do it.  But at what price, not knowing where he’ll end up and what his competition will be in the slot when he gets there.

Yeah, I question not only the price but what is the price that he thinks he's worth. If he's really bent out of shape at getting fewer targets once Amari arrived he just might have way, way too inflated an opinion of where he belongs in the NFL pecking order.

Personally, if I were an NFL team in the market for a slot receiver I'd look at Tate, Crowder, Humphries, Cobb, and Rishard Matthews before Beasley given his age and inflexibility to play anywhere but the slot. Is he really that much better than Ellington or Eli Rogers? Maybe, but I'd expect those guys to sign for a fraction of what Beasley is expecting.

Also seems like this draft has quite a few quality WR's. There's no way I'm spending $20mil guaranteed on a 29yo WR that was a 800/5 guy at his zenith(and that was by far his best season)... no matter how many years that $ is spread out. He was under 1,000 and 7 TD's for his last two seasons COMBINED and it's not like there was a ton of talent at WR blocking his production all that time. Sounds to me like he and his agent have a very inflated sense of his talent and if those are the numbers he's looking for it wouldn't shock me at all if ended up signing after the NFL draft. Maybe back with DAL with his tail between his legs. 

I don't have him on any dynasty rosters(because he simply hasn't been very productive for the past several seasons) but if I did I would be selling while there is any buzz around him at all.

Bills agreed to terms with Cole Beasley, formerly of the Cowboys, on a four-year, $29 million contract.

Buffalo also added John Brown on Tuesday afternoon, remaking a receiver room which was in desperate need of an upgrade. Beasley should be just that in the slot and give Josh Allen a safety blanket in the middle of the field, although the offense and Allen's style could limit the targets Beasley ends up seeing.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Mar 12, 2019, 10:55 AM

Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News expects Cole Beasley to lead the Bills in catches.

OC Brian Daboll favors a short passing attack, which should play to the slot receiver's strength. Carucci hedged somewhat by saying Robert Foster has a "good chance" to finish as the team's No. 1 receiver, though Beasley, at least from a volume standpoint, would seem to be in a great position. Buffalo also added John Brown in free agency, but he's a mainly deep threat.

SOURCE: Buffalo News

Jun 28, 2019, 2:28 PM ET

Josh Allen refers to Cole Beasley as his "safety valve."

Beasley will play in the same role in Buffalo as he did in Dallas, operating as a reliable, low aDOT slot target. The veteran has limited upside in this offense, but Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News does expect Beasley to lead the Bills in receptions. For reference, Zay Jones led the Bills in receptions last year with just 56 catches, so Beasley is still nothing more than a late-round option in deep fantasy leagues.

SOURCE: BuffaloBills.com

Jul 7, 2019, 4:36 PM ET

beat writer Sal Capaccio  needs a better copy.............. Beasley name is spelled wrong ......twice.     :grad:

Interesting break down....

:homer:   I think he is being under valued.
Bealey, Beasley, whatever it takes.

When they get him in easy matchups that’ll be automatic. But undervalued or not - I agree he could be higher - still not seeing much value in a low efficiency, low volume offense.

In ECR he’s the 4th ranked Bills WR, which is out of touch. His ADP is WR75, behind only Brown WR58.) So flip those, and who else is a WR5 per consensus ADP? Coutee, Moncrief, Tate, Gordon, Tyrell Williams, Campbell, Crowder, Humphries - lot of solid value.

I think he’ll lead Buffalo in targets when you look at their roster.

John Brown and Robert Foster can stretch the field, Zay Jones entering his third year, Roberts is strictly a returner AFAIK, McKenzie is a gadget/bubble screen guy. I know they like Duke Williams physicality but he’s almost surely headed for the practice squad.

I would guess that at least 3/4 of people that follow the Bills think that Beasley will lead the team in targets. In fact I put up a twitter poll at it is at 90% Beasley right now (500 votes).  

National fantasy thoughts are that Allen will still go back to heaving it deep... local thoughts are seeing Beasley get all of the targets early on and basically being Welker/Edelman in the NE offense that the Bills run from Daboll. 

The only thing I can say for sure is that they are going to throw the ball a lot more than people are expected... a lot more

Cole Beasley deserves some conversation.  He signed with the Bills for serious money--29 Million over four years with 14 M guaranteed.  And so far in 2019 he is earning his money.  While he won't win your league for you, in PPR, he has value.

Through three games he is getting heavy targets and delivering consistent ppr scoring:

Week 1: 9 Targets, 5 receptions, 40 yards= 9 fantasy points

Week 2. 4 Targets, 4 receptions, 83 yards=12.3 points

Week 3: 10 Targets, 8 receptions, 48 yards=14.8 points

This week he has NE, which is a no start and then the Titans, also a Sit Em. 

But after his bye, Weeks 7-11 he has choice matchups: MIA, PHI, WA, CLE, MIA.  He will be a great Flex option those weeks.

I admit that I was not too interested in Beasley--30 years old and never had a great fantasy year. Buffalo? But Buffalo appears to be a different team and has a good QB for the first time in a long time and Beasley is going to be a pretty reliable 10-12 points, which is a pretty good WR4 or WR5.

I'll take 5 - 8 receptions and 50 - 70 a week with a TD sprinkled in here or there for a WR 3 or bye week filler

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s a solid wr4 and a great bye week fill in in PPR.  You can count on 12-15 PPR pts every week.  Works for me.  

Half PPR makes him touch-and-go. Believe me, I've thought of picking him up only to realize that I value yardage more so than the half PPR.

Half PPR makes him touch-and-go. Believe me, I've thought of picking him up only to realize that I value yardage more so than the half PPR.
It's all relative and depends on leauge starter reqs. In my league we can start up to 5 WRs (2/3 RB/WR with 2 flex) and it is 1 pt PPR, so he is really quite valuable as a 5th WR. 

Cole Beasley caught both of his targets for 13 yards and one touchdown in the Bills' Week 9 win over the Redskins.

On a day where Josh Allen only attempted 20 pass attempts, Beasley was largely uncalled on for production, but he did work his way open for a short touchdown against man coverage. Through eight games, Beasley is on pace for a 70-674-6 receiving line as Josh Allen's second target behind John Brown. Beasley will be a low-upside WR4 against the Browns next week.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:08 PM ET

why does the thread have him still with Dallas?

Cole Beasley caught 4-of-6 targets for 74 yards in the Bills' Week 10 loss to the Browns.

The 74 yards were Beasley's third most of the season, and the most since Week 4. Although he is utterly devoid of ceiling, Beasley will have a WR4 floor for next week's matchup with the Dolphins.

COLE BEASLEY ISN'T ON DALLAS!!!

Cole Beasley hauled in 6-of-9 targets for 76 yards and one score in Buffalo's Week 12 win over the Broncos.

Beasley gashed Denver's cornerbacks room for chunk-gains of 18 and 30 yards in transparent mismatches opposite Alexander Johnson and Davontae Harris over the middle of the field. His 18-yard touchdown was an easy read that saw Josh Allen stay poised in the face of a blitzing defender and hit Beasley in stride between the hashmarks. With bye weeks now out the way, fantasy players can safely FLEX Beasley's comfortable floor rather than relying on him as a confident WR3 in PPR leagues. He'll look to score his fifth touchdown of the season against his former squad in Jerry World on Thanksgiving Day.

I've been sitting him but when he has actually been pretty consisten this year in PPR.

Over 20 points today and 19 last week. Eight weeks out 12 weeks he has been in double digits.

Was this close to starting him...and didn't :kicksrock: started Ridley

Cole Beasley caught 4-of-7 targets for 29 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Week 14 loss to the Ravens.

Beasley also committed a drop and drew a 26-yard DPI on the Bills' ultimately-futile final drive. Beasley has now scored in three straight games, and 6-of-8. Beasley has emerged as passable WR3 but is still best utilized as a WR4. That will be especially true vs. the Steelers' stingy defense in Week 15, as Josh Allen figures to have a long day.

Cole Beasley caught 4-of-5 targets for 44 yards in the Bills' Wild Card overtime loss to the Texans.

Signed to a four-year deal last offseason, Beasley set a career best with six touchdowns in his first year with the Bills. He was targeted a career-high 106 times, just nine fewer than John Brown for the team lead, and produced a usable 67-778-6 line in the regular season. Beasley had Josh Allen's eye in the red zone, but that is one area where the Bills should look for more from Dawson Knox or a bigger-bodied wideout in 2020. Beasley will always hold more PPR value in fantasy.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Cole Beasley (back) "should be ready to roll soon."

The Bills placed Beasley on the active/NFI list for his back injury, but it will not affect his 2020 fantasy outlook unless there is a setback. Beasley is expected to be active for training camp practices, thus meaning he'll be in three-receiver sets during games. With Stefon Diggs and John Brown as the clear-cut top options, Beasley is nothing but a low-volume bench option in deep 12-team leagues.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Jul 29, 2020, 5:18 PM ET

Bills activated Cole Beasley (back) from the NFI list.

This injury wasn't expected to sideline him long, and in fact, he won't miss any fully-padded practice reps. Already barely on the fantasy radar in standard-sized leagues, Beasley faces long odds of being a fantasy asset in 2020 with Stefon Diggs and John Brown expected to take on a large share of the Bills' targets. Beasley should at least be on the field for most pass attempts and remains a quality real-life slot receiver. Perhaps Beasley has some value as a last-round player in fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: Vic Carucci on Twitter

Aug 12, 2020, 3:47 PM ET

Cole Beasley caught 4-of-7 targets for 58 yards in the Bills' Week 1 win over the Jets. 

Beasley might have had a 64-yard touchdown early in the third quarter, but Josh Allen underthrew him. The duo had to settle for a 29-yard gain. Beasley will do his compiling thing over the middle of the field, but now a distant third on the depth chart behind Stefon Diggs and John Brown, he remains best quarantined to only the deepest of PPR leagues. 

- Rotoworld

Cole Beasley caught 5-of-6 targets for 70 yards in Buffalo's Week 2 win over the Dolphins. 

Beasley made mincemeat out of the Dolphins' slot corners, consistently finding himself open whenever Josh Allen wasn't launching downfield for his seven completions of 20-plus yards. Still third among the team's pecking order, Beasley remains a thin option best reserved for 14- and 16-team leagues. Consider him a high-floor, low-ceiling deep FLEX in Week 3 against the Rams.

- Rotoworld

Cole Beasley (hip, thumb) did not practice Wednesday.

These are new injury issues for Beasley, who wasn't on the injury report Weeks 1 and 2. The Bills' slot man has nine catches for 128 scoreless yards on 13 targets through two games. If he were to miss Week 3 against the Rams, rookie Gabriel Davis would take on an even bigger role.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:55 PM ET

Cole Beasley caught 3-of-4 targets for 32 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Week 4 win over the Raiders.

Beasley made a couple of insane grabs, including his touchdown catch hat came in tight coverage. He's produced like a fantasy starter through four games, although that may be aided by the league's easiest opening schedule. Beasley is on pace for 1,040 yards as the Bills' No. 3 receiver behind Stefon Diggs and John Brown. Beasley notably played with a second-half limp, so his practice reports are worth monitoring. The same can be said for the Bills' Week 5 opponent, the Titans, who now have double-digit positive coronavirus cases. There's a chance that game gets postponed. Beasley managers should have a backup plan on hand just in case.

- Rotoworld

Cole Beasley caught 6-of-6 targets for 53 yards in the Bills' Week 5 loss to the Titans.

Beasley was visibly battling injuries throughout the contest. He entered the week with a foot injury and might've picked up a hamstring ailment on Tuesday Night Football. He was seen laying on the sideline with trainers stretching out his leg up in the air. When fully healthy, Beasley can be trotted out as a PPR flex play, but next week's practice reports will be key. The Chiefs versus Bills game should have one of the highest Vegas over/unders of the week. 

Oct 13, 2020, 10:43 PM ET

Cole Beasley caught 4-of-7 targets for 45 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Week 6 loss to the Chiefs.

Beasley finished second on Buffalo in targets. John Brown returned to the lineup after missing a week with a knee injury but Beasley still saw more targets than him. This marks the fifth game of the year that Beasley has seen at least six targets. He's topped 50 yards or scored in every game. Beasley is increasingly looking like a solid flex option in PPR leagues.

Oct 19, 2020, 8:49 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread