Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

Continuous Rays thread: 100 loss team wins 90

6 hours ago, Capella said:

Stu said after it could be brought down some if needed. 900 is absolutely outrageous, they must know that’s not possible. 

Flip the $300m translucent roof out for the current Trop cement one?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Capella said:

Other than the oppressive summer heat and the hoards of dumb racists of course. Guess a lot of places have the latter though. 

The heat is the reason for the permanent roof and then the permanent roof means artificial turf, right?

It's interesting to me seeing these new parks proposed/built (counting the new one in Texas as well) with permanent roofs and turf. 

On one hand, I get that the technology and what they can do is light years ahead of the ones built in the 70s/80s and so you can have a great design with lots of natural light but I guess I'm surprised that on the same hand they aren't at a point where they can easily incorporate natural grass within that technology as well.

I know they studied switching to real grass in Toronto as well and found it wasn't really feasible because of the necessary light and drainage but man, turf just seems so much harder on players joints and also baseball should be played on grass.  

^^ yes and yes to your first questions. Like 2/3 of the night games here would have a rain delay of some sort IIRC. 

• Like 2

As I’ve seen more and more stadiums I have to say any kind of a dome kind of sucks. I was at Atlanta’s place two weeks ago and it made me envious. Oh well. Climate here is untenable in the summer. 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:00 PM, Capella said:

^^ yes and yes to your first questions. Like 2/3 of the night games here would have a rain delay of some sort IIRC. 

...or on a lucky night, no BP...it’s just not possible.

Seems like good trades for Arch and definitely Pham, but surprised that was all they could get for Ramos. Should have qualified him and took the first round pick. Dumb. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Capella said:

Good article. Draysbay has been covering the Delmon Young tree for years. Pretty amazing. 

I forgot how freakishly great Jason Bartlett was in 2009.

Sure feels like the Pirates got the second-best SP in that deal. Glasnow looks ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Capella said:

Sure feels like the Pirates got the second-best SP in that deal. Glasnow looks ridiculous. 

Obviously early, but Archer hasn't looked right in 3 years.  I thought maybe he just became disinterested in Tampa and the change of scenery would do him well.  So far it's the same old stuff, different uniform.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Capella said:

Glasnow always had elite potential.  He dominated everywhere in the minors but just wasn't able to harness the control whenever he was pitching for the Pirates.  I always thought it was a mental issue but now I'm just starting to think that the Pirates pitching coaches have no clue what they're doing.  Now Cole, Morton and Glasnow (still early for him) are all thriving in new locations.

Man it sucks they aren’t going to be able to make he playoffs. Feels crazy to say but they could make a run. 

• Like 1

They’re going to win at least 90 games and have less than a 1% shot of making the playoffs. ####, man. 

• Like 1

Congrats on fleecing us with the Glasnow trade!  Hope he turns into Nolan Ryan for you guys.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Congrats on fleecing us with the Glasnow trade!  Hope he turns into Nolan Ryan for you guys.

Just went and looked at Archer’s numbers. Sweet Jesus. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Capella said:

Sweet ERA :thumbup:.  He’s getting worse which is shocking.

Edited by Osaurus

2 hours ago, Capella said:

He’s horrible and I don’t think it’s going to improve next year.  It might go down as one of the worst trades in Pirates history.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

He’s horrible and I don’t think it’s going to improve next year.  It might go down as one of the worst trades in Pirates history.

As one of, if not the biggest Archer detractor this forum has, even I'm stunned at how awful he's been. Really thought getting away from pitching in the  ALEast would do him favors.  

Edited by Epic Problem

1 minute ago, Epic Problem said:

As one of, if not the biggest Archer detractor this forum has, even I'm stunned at how awful he's been. Really thought getting away from pitching in the  ALEast would do him favors.  

Yea I assumed that too. Thought maybe a change would be good for him too. I assume he still can’t get lefties out? That slider to them was a total meatball. I almost have to wonder if something is wrong with him. 

The Rays are tanking takes the media #### out there on 7/31 are looking pretty sweet right now. 

• Like 1

Don't bump any posts from February or March.  This front office made us all look really dumb.

• Like 1