What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Continuous Rays thread: fun season (2 Viewers)

I didn't get all the excitement for the new location either.  I guess if this helps get Ybor cleaned up it's a positive and that spot will certainly make it easier for the majority of the population to attend games during the week.

I love downtown St. Pete, so it will be unfortunate I can't do my Rays game mini vacations there anymore. 

St Pete is a non-starter with this ownership, so I don't really see another alternative than this proposal to an area that can connect to retail and entertainment.

Played golf with someone from the FO yesterday.  Nothing major but he did say the plan for the stadium now is roofed, not retractable, but with some open air parts and flexible aspects like the 60-foot window at Marlins Park.

Played golf with someone from the FO yesterday.  Nothing major but he did say the plan for the stadium now is roofed, not retractable, but with some open air parts and flexible aspects like the 60-foot window at Marlins Park.
They think it's gonna happen? 

Saying we are going to pay 150M of the 800M bill is lol worthy. 

Archer on deck to be traded, apparently. 

This team would have been projected to win 84 games without these trades and they are totally tanking to save money, under the bull#### auspice of "taking the Astros and Cubs approach". Funny, I don't remember the Astros tossing away a 28-year-old top-20 starter with a cheap 6-year contract as part of their rebuilding plan. 

I hate them so much. 

Capella said:
Archer on deck to be traded, apparently. 

This team would have been projected to win 84 games without these trades and they are totally tanking to save money, under the bull#### auspice of "taking the Astros and Cubs approach". Funny, I don't remember the Astros tossing away a 28-year-old top-20 starter with a cheap 6-year contract as part of their rebuilding plan. 

I hate them so much. 
It could be worse.  You could be a Pirates fan       :(

Annual pecota love fest has the Rays 5th in the AL and making the second wild-card. 

So, thread title stands another year. 

I know a lot of people complain about the trading away of players and allowing guys to hit free agency, but is there anyone they've missed on with this approach? 

I know a lot of people complain about the trading away of players and allowing guys to hit free agency, but is there anyone they've missed on with this approach? 
I dunno. David Price is pretty good. Zobrist? Not that I expected them to keep those guys but it just adds up over time. 

I dunno. David Price is pretty good. Zobrist? Not that I expected them to keep those guys but it just adds up over time. 
Right, and in the moment it feels like, “they’re cheap, they’re not trying to win,” but in hindsight it has pretty much universally been the right baseball move. 

Price did have two good years after being traded. I think we’ll see the big piece from that deal this season in Adames. Future value wise, they did the right thing. 

Worst Rays lineup in a while heading into Spring?
So what is it even? 

Kiermaier - CF

Duffy - dead/3B

Souza - RF

Ramos - C

Miller - 1B

Span - DH

Hech - SS

Somebody? - 2B

Mallex? - LF

And they are trying to get a new stadium while trotting this garbage out :lmao:  

The conspiracist in me is saying they are doing this to ensure they don't get a new stadium here. 

The logical side of me says Buckhorn is getting that done no matter what. 

The conspiracist in me is saying they are doing this to ensure they don't get a new stadium here. 

The logical side of me says Buckhorn is getting that done no matter what. 
MLB Radio is going the conspiracy route. Not saying openly they are doing it to kill the stadium, but instead just saying the FO is clearly working on a bigger plan.

I actually think the Rays are going to surprise. I think Archer is an ace, Snell is going to take a huge jump, Honeywell is going to be great when they call him up.

offense obviously is predicated on people staying healthy but their is skill there. Cron will hit 30 homeruns with 500 at bats, kiermaier is a 20-40 threat, Carlos Gomez is better than Souza. 

They are not going to be bad. Mark it down.

I actually think the Rays are going to surprise. I think Archer is an ace, Snell is going to take a huge jump, Honeywell is going to be great when they call him up.

offense obviously is predicated on people staying healthy but their is skill there. Cron will hit 30 homeruns with 500 at bats, kiermaier is a 20-40 threat, Carlos Gomez is better than Souza. 

They are not going to be bad. Mark it down.
Pecota has updated and...........improved them to 84 wins. :lmao: :mellow:  

Pecota has updated and...........improved them to 84 wins. :lmao: :mellow:  
I don’t think they are done in free agency and I kind of like what the gm is doing. I think he sees a depressed market and can get some bargain one year free agents. So he gets some prospects for pricey veterans and then replaces the veterans with similar or better free agents. Smart move. They have some infield help on the way in minors too in Willy Adames and Christian Arroyo. These trades netted them several prospects that immediately ranked in their top 10 while shedding salary.

Just a great job.

Brent Honeywell cut short a bullpen session Thursday morning in Rays camp and left the field with a trainer.

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times says the 22-year-old top pitching prospect was "clearly upset" as he made his way into the clubhouse and "cursed loudly a few times." We could be dealing with some awful news here shortly. Honeywell was in line to make his major league debut in early 2018 after registering a 3.49 ERA and 172/35 K/BB ratio in 136 2/3 innings (26 starts) last season between Double-A Montgomery and Triple-A Durham.

Brent Honeywell cut short a bullpen session Thursday morning in Rays camp and left the field with a trainer.

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times says the 22-year-old top pitching prospect was "clearly upset" as he made his way into the clubhouse and "cursed loudly a few times." We could be dealing with some awful news here shortly. Honeywell was in line to make his major league debut in early 2018 after registering a 3.49 ERA and 172/35 K/BB ratio in 136 2/3 innings (26 starts) last season between Double-A Montgomery and Triple-A Durham.
things are going well

Users who are viewing this thread