What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Continuous Rays thread: fun season (2 Viewers)

What is wrong with Blake Snell?   Any reason at all to believe that he might turn things around?   He has such elite talent but I'm wondering if he just has a 2 cent brain.  Over the past month he might literally be the worst pitcher in all of baseball.  That just doesn't make sense given what he did last year.

fred_1_15301 said:
What is wrong with Blake Snell?   Any reason at all to believe that he might turn things around?   He has such elite talent but I'm wondering if he just has a 2 cent brain.  Over the past month he might literally be the worst pitcher in all of baseball.  That just doesn't make sense given what he did last year.
Lot of 2-out hits last night. I didn’t watch but game write-ups just described it as one of those games. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of 2-out hits last night. I didn’t watch but game write-ups just described it as one of those games. 
But 4 out of his last 5 starts have been one of those games.  This doesn’t feel like just an outlier anymore.  Something is legitimately wrong with this guy.

Probably. If I hear anything I’ll post it here. Fastball still up to 95 and his control isn’t super wonky so I dunno. 
Yup that’s why I was stumped.  I was hearing something about his spin rate on the curve being gone which essentially makes him a 2 pitch pitcher.  I’m sure he’ll figure it out at some point but man he’s killing owners right now.

This thread has been inactive for a while.  Just popping in again to say thank you for the most lopsided trade in the history of sports!  Whenever you guys feel down, just say to yourselves "at least we're not Pirates fans".  

This thread has been inactive for a while.  Just popping in again to say thank you for the most lopsided trade in the history of sports!  Whenever you guys feel down, just say to yourselves "at least we're not Pirates fans".  
:D  Went from bad to worse with how Baz developed this year. Potentially an all-time heist. 

If you signed up for their little presale “lottery” tickets go on sale at noon. Prices should be interesting. 

In proper Tampa fashion, the Rays lost the first 2 games, the Bucs got squashed and the Bolts look just ok. 
Rays - True but who the hell is going to beat Houston this year?  Just a bad beat for them.

Bolts - They're going to be great when it's all said and done

Bucs - I got nothing.   :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Rays keep it going. Houston not even planning for a Game Four starter is beyond arrogant, and disrespectful. 

It will be cool if the Rays can give Verlander a little taste of what they gave Greinke. 

Super fun at the trop last night. Felt like 2008 again. Hope they can keep it rolling but tough matchup tonight. 

Encyclopedia Brown said:
I hope the Rays keep it going. Houston not even planning for a Game Four starter is beyond arrogant, and disrespectful. 

It will be cool if the Rays can give Verlander a little taste of what they gave Greinke. 
Got them nibbling on some nails now. 

Proud of the boys. Wildly good season no matter what happens. They have a flood of talent coming up too, should be a fun next few years. 

as dominant as Glasnow has been you still have to wonder if they shouldn’t go opener for Thursday as well. 

So after covid gets done wrecking the economy, Stu isn’t going to get money for one of his stadiums, much less two of them right? 

So Snell in theory will get ~ 11-12 starts this year (assuming he stays healthy and baseball still exists).  I wonder what the over/under is on the number of those starts that will end up being a quality start.  

Users who are viewing this thread