Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

Continuous Rays thread: fun season

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, Osaurus said:

Chris Archer had a solid day.  I don’t think the Rays miss him.

Meadows with another monster night and Glasnow heads to the mound today. 

Just another outstanding trade by Rays management. 

Edited by Grahamburn

Best record in MLB since 2018 trade deadline. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

Best record in MLB since 2018 trade deadline. 

It’s early but they are definitely impressive. Fun team. 

8 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

Meadows with another monster night and Glasnow heads to the mound today. 

Just another outstanding trade by Rays management. 

Getting Meadows, Pham, Glasnow and Díaz for Archer, Bauers and some B/C prospects are the type of trades that can change the trajectory of a franchise. Really awesome. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Capella said:

Getting Meadows, Pham, Glasnow and Díaz for Archer, Bauers and some B/C prospects are the type of trades that can change the trajectory of a franchise. Really awesome. 

Hard to think they'll maintain, with a fanbase who prefers to watch women play basketball. 

• Love 1

From twitter: 

Tyler Glasnow now down to a 1.47 ERA and 0.86 WHIP. 

Austin Meadows: .351/.422/.676

Shane Baz is 19 years old and was a first-rounder just 2 years ago. 

These guys were all traded by the Pirates for Chris Archer, the owner of a 4.88 FIP, 4.33 ERA, and 1.30 WHIP.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Capella said:

From twitter: 

These guys were all traded by the Pirates for Chris Archer, the owner of a 4.88 FIP, 4.33 ERA, and 1.30 WHIP.

The Rays acquired Archer from the Cubs way back when for a couple of mediocre years of Matt Garza.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 10:16 AM, Capella said:

From twitter: 

You’re a fan of a small market team.  I’m a fan of a small market team.  Your team traded a # 3/4 starter for 3 top prospects.  My team traded 3 top prospects for a # 3/4 starter.  Congrats - you win.   😥

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Sad 1

I thought Snell was going to throw a perfect game in front of what looked like at most 1,000 people last night.  So, I checked.  Lowest reported so far this season.  8,124. 

What is wrong with Blake Snell?   Any reason at all to believe that he might turn things around?   He has such elite talent but I'm wondering if he just has a 2 cent brain.  Over the past month he might literally be the worst pitcher in all of baseball.  That just doesn't make sense given what he did last year.

TamponTrEal Ex-Rays?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

What is wrong with Blake Snell?   Any reason at all to believe that he might turn things around?   He has such elite talent but I'm wondering if he just has a 2 cent brain.  Over the past month he might literally be the worst pitcher in all of baseball.  That just doesn't make sense given what he did last year.

Lot of 2-out hits last night. I didn’t watch but game write-ups just described it as one of those games. 

Edited by Capella

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Lot of 2-out hits last night. I didn’t watch but game write-ups just described it as one of those games. 

But 4 out of his last 5 starts have been one of those games.  This doesn’t feel like just an outlier anymore.  Something is legitimately wrong with this guy.

4 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

But 4 out of his last 5 starts have been one of those games.  This doesn’t feel like just an outlier anymore.  Something is legitimately wrong with this guy.

Probably. If I hear anything I’ll post it here. Fastball still up to 95 and his control isn’t super wonky so I dunno. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Capella said:

Probably. If I hear anything I’ll post it here. Fastball still up to 95 and his control isn’t super wonky so I dunno. 

Yup that’s why I was stumped.  I was hearing something about his spin rate on the curve being gone which essentially makes him a 2 pitch pitcher.  I’m sure he’ll figure it out at some point but man he’s killing owners right now.

People go to games when tickets are only $2!

This thread has been inactive for a while.  Just popping in again to say thank you for the most lopsided trade in the history of sports!  Whenever you guys feel down, just say to yourselves "at least we're not Pirates fans".  

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, fred_1_15301 said:

This thread has been inactive for a while.  Just popping in again to say thank you for the most lopsided trade in the history of sports!  Whenever you guys feel down, just say to yourselves "at least we're not Pirates fans".  

:D Went from bad to worse with how Baz developed this year. Potentially an all-time heist. 

Some great finishes lately. Hope it’s for something worthwhile before they move to Montreal.

Let’s go boys. Don’t listen to A-Roid

• Like 1

Surprised Charlie is struggling some but he’s finding a way so far. 

• Like 1

Good week for Tampa sports. Bucs beat the NFC champs, Rays win the wild card game and Bolts start tomorrow. Good stuff. 

• Like 2

What would the odds have been if I told you in March the rays would have more 2019 playoff wins than the Lightning? 1000-1?

• Like 2

How many times has the team with the lowest payroll in baseball made the division series?

Should be interesting to see the Trop full. 

4 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Should be interesting to see the Trop full. 

Think they have to open the top? 

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Think they have to open the top? 

I heard they were

• Love 1

If you signed up for their little presale “lottery” tickets go on sale at noon. Prices should be interesting. 

On 10/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, Capella said:

Good week for Tampa sports. Bucs beat the NFC champs, Rays win the wild card game and Bolts start tomorrow. Good stuff. 

In proper Tampa fashion, the Rays lost the first 2 games, the Bucs got squashed and the Bolts look just ok. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Capella said:

In proper Tampa fashion, the Rays lost the first 2 games, the Bucs got squashed and the Bolts look just ok. 

Rays - True but who the hell is going to beat Houston this year?  Just a bad beat for them.

Bolts - They're going to be great when it's all said and done

Bucs - I got nothing.  :shrug: 

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Thanks 1

I hope the Rays keep it going. Houston not even planning for a Game Four starter is beyond arrogant, and disrespectful. 

It will be cool if the Rays can give Verlander a little taste of what they gave Greinke. 

• Like 1

Super fun at the trop last night. Felt like 2008 again. Hope they can keep it rolling but tough matchup tonight. 

On 10/8/2019 at 1:42 AM, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I hope the Rays keep it going. Houston not even planning for a Game Four starter is beyond arrogant, and disrespectful. 

It will be cool if the Rays can give Verlander a little taste of what they gave Greinke. 

Got them nibbling on some nails now. 

• Like 1

Proud of the boys. Wildly good season no matter what happens. They have a flood of talent coming up too, should be a fun next few years. 

as dominant as Glasnow has been you still have to wonder if they shouldn’t go opener for Thursday as well. 

• Like 1