Premier

Continuous Rays thread: PECOTA world champions 2008-16

1,240 posts in this topic

Sounds like 5-6 weeks for Luke Scott. So uh...Wil Myers ready?

Wow! Was not expecting that long. Would love to see Myers in that role as a primer.

@TBTimes_Rays: #Rays add Shelley Duncan:rolleyes:

Hmmmm...

This lineup needs more Wil Myers.

This lineup needs more Wil Myers.

:goodposting:Let's get this done already.

Jake McGee's updated ERA: 67.50 That's bad, right?

:lol:

@TBTimes_Rays: #Rays rotation at Triple-A Durham: Archer, Colome, Montgomery, Odorizzi, Torres. Should be interesting.

Has to be better than a few MLB rotations.

Genius.

Genius.
Yea I'm an idiot. I'm so tired of the Orioles.

@TBTimes_Rays: #Rays rotation at Triple-A Durham: Archer, Colome, Montgomery, Odorizzi, Torres. Should be interesting.Has to be better than a few MLB rotations.

All but guarantees David Price will be somewhere else fairly soon unless he's willing to take a hometown discount.

Marc Topkin@TBTimes_Rays

Also ending today for #Rays is a streak of 1,060 games started by pitchers 30 and under. The last 31-and-older starter for Rays was?

Fauxsto Carmona starting today.

Last 31 or older starter was the immortal Mark Hendrickson, BTW. Other highlights from the 2006 Rays:

1. Scott Kazmir was the ace

2. Chad Orvella was still on the roster!

3, Jesus "Saves" Colome pitched a third of an inning.

4. Edwin Jackson was a 22 year old reliever.

5. Jason Hammell's ERA was 7.77.

6. Rocco Baldelli was the starting CF

7. Toby Hall, Dioner Navarro, and Josh Paul shared catching duties

8. Aubrey Huff was still a 3B

9. Jorge Cantu, who was still a 2B, started to suck this year before rebounding with the Marlins a couple years later

10. Travis Lee still had a job.

11. Bench guys included BJ Upton, Ben Zobrist, Russell Branyan, and (briefly) Sean Burroughs.

(Yeah, work is boring today.)

@TBTimes_Rays: #Rays rotation at Triple-A Durham: Archer, Colome, Montgomery, Odorizzi, Torres. Should be interesting.Has to be better than a few MLB rotations.

All but guarantees David Price will be somewhere else fairly soon unless he's willing to take a hometown discount.
Owner quoted in the paper the other day saying DP will be a great Ray for a long time. He's not one for bluster.

Same owner who complains about attendance and says he'll increase payroll when revenue increases? I'll believe it when I see it.

Same owner who complains about attendance and says he'll increase payroll when revenue increases? I'll believe it when I see it.

Did you miss the Longoria extension.

Marc Topkin ‏@TBTimes_Rays

8m

Also ending today for #Rays is a streak of 1,060 games started by pitchers 30 and under. The last 31-and-older starter for Rays was?

Fauxsto Carmona starting today.

Last 31 or older starter was the immortal Mark Hendrickson, BTW. Other highlights from the 2006 Rays:

1. Scott Kazmir was the ace

2. Chad Orvella was still on the roster!

3, Jesus "Saves" Colome pitched a third of an inning.

4. Edwin Jackson was a 22 year old reliever.

5. Jason Hammell's ERA was 7.77.

6. Rocco Baldelli was the starting CF

7. Toby Hall, Dioner Navarro, and Josh Paul shared catching duties

8. Aubrey Huff was still a 3B

9. Jorge Cantu, who was still a 2B, started to suck this year before rebounding with the Marlins a couple years later

10. Travis Lee still had a job.

11. Bench guys included BJ Upton, Ben Zobrist, Russell Branyan, and (briefly) Sean Burroughs.

(Yeah, work is boring today.)

:thumbup: man those were bad days.

So pitchers are just off to a slow start right?

1 person likes this

Moore looking solid tonight. :thumbup:

Wow...Rays get bad call their way for a change. Sweet! :thumbup:

So pitchers are just off to a slow start right?

Doing better. :thumbup:

So I decided to head to the Trop for my first game of the season today.

That was a bad idea.

Not a good day for Rays pitchers.

Premier, on 04 Apr 2013 - 15:03, said:

Grahamburn, on 04 Apr 2013 - 14:01, said:Same owner who complains about attendance and says he'll increase payroll when revenue increases? I'll believe it when I see it.

Did you miss the Longoria extension.

Sure, they extended him, but he most certainly took the "hometown discount," and it's the second time in his career he's done that to stay a Ray. Longoria is a $15M+ per year player on the open market, and if he ever hit the open market he'd probably get more than that.

"The significance of this is not lost on anybody," Rays executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said. "We're extending that commitment now."His new deal calls for a $5,000,180 signing bonus -- the $180 is for good luck. Of the signing bonus, $1,000,180 is new money payable Dec. 15 and the rest is a pair of $2 million payments on Feb. 15 and June 14. His 2013 salary is reduced from $6 million to $2 million.Longoria's salaries remain $7.5 million for 2014, $11 million for 2015 and $12.1 million for 2016. The new deal adds salaries of $13 million for 2017, $13.5 million for 2018, $14.5 million for 2019, $15 million for 2020, $18.5 million for 2021 and $19.5 million for 2022.Tampa Bay holds a $13 million option for 2023 with a $5 million buyout, and escalators could raise the option price to $18 million.

Longoria's comments:

"We kind of tried to find a middle ground to where we would able to do some things to be able to afford some players to put ourselves in a position to win every year," Longoria said. "And I told them from the beginning that I didn't want to be the one sucking up all the payroll so we can't afford anybody else."

I don't get the impression David Price is going to sign this type of deal. Longo's contract is "team friendly" in every sense of the term. If Price doesn't sign this type of deal he'll go somewhere he can get $25M per, which he'll certainly get, and the Rays will get prospects for him.I also think Evan's most recent comments in the media regarding B.J. Upton and James Shields are somewhat in reference to his willingness to sign this type of contract when those players weren't, because they were from the "old regime."

1 run in the past 17 innings.

If only we had one of the best hitting prospects in the game sitting at AAA.

@DurhamBulls: Brandon Guyer's line from the 1st inning alone: 2-for-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. That's a great week for some guys.

:hot:

@DurhamBulls: Brandon Guyer's line from the 1st inning alone: 2-for-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. That's a great week for some guys. :hot:

Gwinnett starter Daniel Rodriguez gave up 9 ER in 1/3 IP. :bag:

@DurhamBulls: Brandon Guyer's line from the 1st inning alone: 2-for-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. That's a great week for some guys. :hot:

Ugly. Guyer is no superstar in the making but he's hit at Durham and HAS to be better than Fuld and Duncan. You can't be holding back his arb clock. I don't get why he doesn't get a shot.

Ugly.Guyer is no superstar in the making but he's hit at Durham and HAS to be better than Fuld and Duncan. You can't be holding back his arb clock. I don't get why he doesn't get a shot.

He's easily better than either of those two. It's puzzling. Ask Collette.

Longoria,

Thanks for being healthy, but can you get a homer or an extra base hit? Thanks again, and please stay healthy.

Ugly.Guyer is no superstar in the making but he's hit at Durham and HAS to be better than Fuld and Duncan. You can't be holding back his arb clock. I don't get why he doesn't get a shot.
He's easily better than either of those two. It's puzzling. Ask Collette.
I have. He doesn't know either.

I'm going to be upset if Longoria leaves Arlington without a HR.

I'm going to be upset if Longoria leaves Arlington without a HR.

Looks like they moved Longoria ahead of Zobrist in the order, most likely so he doesn't pass Zobrist on the bases anymore.

throw.#######.strikes.

This Ramos guy is a real winner. Good thing they took Moore out for Ramos.

Looks like the D is back this year. :thumbup:

I'll take the win...rough road ahead. :unsure:

I can definitely accept going 1-2 at Texas for the year. #### that place. Glad they're done there.