What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (1 Viewer)

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
Well, I am not surprised, yet is this really true - the dreaded game-time decision? Or are the Falcons just being overly cautious? This team does not play the same without Julio in the lineup. Then again, if Julio is injured he doesn't play up to his potential either. Fantasy wise - I am concerned, are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am not surprised, yet is this really true - the dreaded game-time decision? Or are the Falcons just being overly cautious? This team does not play the same without Julio in the lineup. Then again, if Julio is injured he doesn't play up to his potential either. Fantasy wise - I am concerned, are you?
I am not concerned, he came back into the game and made a great leaping catch. Best guess is they rest him for this week practices to keep AZ guessing on whether they need to game plan for him. I am not worried at all.

I'm a little concerned. If I knew he'd be out I'd start Reggie Bush tonight. He did come back to finish the game last week. I'm making sure I have a viable backup plan in case he's a no go right before kickoff

I am not concerned, he came back into the game and made a great leaping catch. Best guess is they rest him for this week practices to keep AZ guessing on whether they need to game plan for him. I am not worried at all.
I hear you ahartig - yet I also hear the experts like Fran Tarkenton who are concerned and suggest to look elsewhere because Julio, although a great talent and highly touted and recommended by Saban, still has issues staying healthy on the field. Roddy White does not have these same type of consistent health concerns. Sooooooooooo...I await to have others chime in.

Mildly concerned and have Harry Douglas on standby just in case.

Don't give a rat's a** what Fran Tarkenton thinks about Julio Jones or anything else fantasy-related for that matter.

Mildly concerned and have Harry Douglas on standby just in case.Don't give a rat's a** what Fran Tarkenton thinks about Julio Jones or anything else fantasy-related for that matter.
Perhaps Packersfan - although Tarkenton did play a lot of games against your Packers and my Lions - he is a hall of famer and he does follow the game. Okay, I agree not to listen to these guys, but it does raise a red flag. I just don't think he is an automatic start. The topic is started and we shall see. He's a #1 top 10 WR talent normally.

I respect Tarkenton's accomplishments but what he may say about Julio Jones or any other player carries little weight with me. It will have no impact whatsoever on how I proceed with Julio this week. If he starts he starts for me.

I respect Tarkenton's accomplishments but what he may say about Julio Jones or any other player carries little weight with me. It will have no impact whatsoever on how I proceed with Julio this week. If he starts he starts for me.
Exactly - me too. The big question is "if" he starts. Yes, if he starts he starts for me too! Which translates into looking at other options depending on the type of league one is in.Yet, if Julio is not up-to-speed, then I may look elsewhere, like a Amendola type :banned:

very concerned and will be playing d moore vs saints instead.

just got a bad vision of seeing him make an 8 yard grab and come of the field gimpy.

:goodposting: +1 and I think the move, if you can swing it, would be to p/u Douglas if you do not have another WR to fill-in. It's not like Julio is blowing it up right so to match his numbers should be easy for us to do.

Someone didn't read Dr. Jene's remarks. Him coming back into the game means nothing about this week with that injury.

Someone didn't read Dr. Jene's remarks. Him coming back into the game means nothing about this week with that injury.
I read it and respect his opinion, but in the end, it's all conjecture. You cannot for certain say him coming back into the game means absolutely nothing.

I'd say you have to look at his injury history (he has proven to be slightly brittle). He's been dinged up a few times this season and hasn't missed a game. This is an ankle on a WR though...

I would also consider that A) last week was a divisional game and the Saints were playing them tough, B) AZ is not a divisional game, and C) ATL would not want to take a chance of having him injured for the stretch run and possibly playoffs.

:goodposting: +1 and I think the move, if you can swing it, would be to p/u Douglas if you do not have another WR to fill-in. It's not like Julio is blowing it up right so to match his numbers should be easy for us to do.
Yeah, #11 WR in my league for the year. Should be no problem to pick up a scrub off the wire to match his numbers. :rolleyes:

I'm concerned. Even though he toughed it out and returned, I remember seeing him hop on one foot after a pass attempt to him, like it hurt to put any weight on the injured foot. To my unprofessional eye, it looked like it was bothering him after he returned so I'm making alternate plans.

Yeah, #11 WR in my league for the year. Should be no problem to pick up a scrub off the wire to match his numbers. :rolleyes:
Right? He's scored 50 points over the last 3 weeks!

Falcons are gaming the Cards because they can. They want to make Patrick Patterson's preparation as difficult as possible. He's gonna play.

I'm concerned. Even though he toughed it out and returned, I remember seeing him hop on one foot after a pass attempt to him, like it hurt to put any weight on the injured foot. To my unprofessional eye, it looked like it was bothering him after he returned so I'm making alternate plans.
Jimmy Graham came back in and played after rolling his ankle, although he looked bad after that. And then he went on to miss a couple games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Julio miss at least this next game.

Considering sending him to the Amendola owner in a PPR league and seeing what he's willing to throw in to make it happen. Amendola doesn't have his upside, but he's probably good for 14-20 per game the rest of the way.

Considering sending him to the Amendola owner in a PPR league and seeing what he's willing to throw in to make it happen. Amendola doesn't have his upside, but he's probably good for 14-20 per game the rest of the way.
Unless you get a solid Rb2 with ammendola I think that is a bad move. I even like ammendola down the stretch, but don't try and sneak in top 5 talent wr1s in deals is a poor idea.

Bought Julio for Cobb straight up. I'm actually hoping that he sits this week or even more and heal up nicely for the playoff run. I'm coasting in cruise control for the next 4 weeks and the only thing that matters is Julio beasting as usual later on.

Jimmy Graham came back in and played after rolling his ankle, although he looked bad after that. And then he went on to miss a couple games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Julio miss at least this next game.
Graham did return but he was clearly hobbled and was used as a decoy. The Saints never made an attempt to throw him the ball. They knew how bad he was hurt but wanted him on the field to draw the attention of the San Diego defense. Jones not only returned to the game but looked great. I thought he moved around well. He not only made a great catch on a big play downfield but he nearly scored on a throw into the EZ. The Falcons certainly had no concerns at the time that Jones was seriously injured based on how he was being used.I'm no doctor and I can't rule out the possibility Jones sits this week but there is one thing I do believe - you do not bench Julio Jones.

Graham did return but he was clearly hobbled and was used as a decoy. The Saints never made an attempt to throw him the ball. They knew how bad he was hurt but wanted him on the field to draw the attention of the San Diego defense. Jones not only returned to the game but looked great. I thought he moved around well. He not only made a great catch on a big play downfield but he nearly scored on a throw into the EZ. The Falcons certainly had no concerns at the time that Jones was seriously injured based on how he was being used.

I'm no doctor and I can't rule out the possibility Jones sits this week but there is one thing I do believe - you do not bench Julio Jones.
This is a good point-he made an amazing grab and followed by laying out in the EZ and almost pulling in an amazing TD. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned at all, but if there is an indication he's playing then he's in my lineup.

I'm a bit surprised at how much panic is going on after some missed practices. Isn't it just as likely that, with two division games coming up, they're not going to rush him back for the Cardinals...especially when they have a decent chance of winning without him?

I don't think he'll play this week, but I also think if it was a playoff game, he'd play. I don't get the talk of trading him away, unless you're just dissatisfied with his production (which is valid depending on where you took him).

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but this "I hope he's okay for the playoffs" stuff is overly pessimistic. They're no longer undefeated but look good for top seed and great for the division. It makes sense they'd manage injuries to make sure they're ready for the games they need most. I just don't think Arizona is one of them with two division rivals within a few days of each other coming up.

Gotta sit him this week, no point in risking a zero...
True. At least with the 1PM start, the inactive list will be out in time to start alternatives.As for Tony G, I'd prefer Julio playing on passing downs at least as a decoy as opposed to being out entirely. With Julio out, AZ can focus more on Tony.

Usually half an hour before games. Fortunately it's a 1:00 game so you'll be able to adjust your roster if he doesn't play.

For me, if he's active, I'm playing him. He can give you a decent fantasy game with one play.

For me, if he's active, I'm playing him. He can give you a decent fantasy game with one play.
I don't have a lot of options this week, but even if I did I would agree with this.Coaches hate wasting a roster spot on game day. If they say he's healthy enough to go, that's good enough for me.

Im not optimistic right now, but if he's active Im not sitting him. With Harvin on bye/hurt, Im down to either starting Broyles or picking up Douglas. If Julio is declared inactive, I think Ill pick up Douglas.

Users who are viewing this thread