What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

Im not optimistic right now, but if he's active Im not sitting him. With Harvin on bye/hurt, Im down to either starting Broyles or picking up Douglas. If Julio is declared inactive, I think Ill pick up Douglas.
I'm in the exact same situation (Harvin on bye and choices of Douglas and Broyles). I went with Douglas. I think Broyles has a shot this week because the matchup is great but he's a hit-or-miss guy. Douglas should be locked into a solid role if he starts and he was pretty active last week when Jones was out. I think Douglas is safer and everyone in the Atlanta passing game always has plenty of upside as well as they're playing.

Im not optimistic right now, but if he's active Im not sitting him. With Harvin on bye/hurt, Im down to either starting Broyles or picking up Douglas. If Julio is declared inactive, I think Ill pick up Douglas.
I'm in the exact same situation (Harvin on bye and choices of Douglas and Broyles). I went with Douglas. I think Broyles has a shot this week because the matchup is great but he's a hit-or-miss guy. Douglas should be locked into a solid role if he starts and he was pretty active last week when Jones was out. I think Douglas is safer and everyone in the Atlanta passing game always has plenty of upside as well as they're playing.
My only option due to byes is the turd that is Rashad Jennings. Hoping to hear some good news out of Falcons camp tomorrow, but not holding my breath and currently have Jennings plugged in my flex.

Your plan B's are all whack. Go grab Rod Streater now, DHB is very iffy with a sore hammy and is probably on the doubtful side of questionable. If he's out, pencil in 10+ targets for Streater in a shootout. YWIA

Your plan B's are all whack. Go grab Rod Streater now, DHB is very iffy with a sore hammy and is probably on the doubtful side of questionable. If he's out, pencil in 10+ targets for Streater in a shootout. YWIA
hagan listed as backup
Doesn't matter. Hagan won't get the targets. Go look to a couple of games ago. That's the type of statline to expect from Streater if DHB is out. Hagan is a Donald Driver possession type who gets limited targets. Streater is the play.

hagan listed as backup
Doesn't matter. Hagan won't get the targets. Go look to a couple of games ago. That's the type of statline to expect from Streater if DHB is out. Hagan is a Donald Driver possession type who gets limited targets. Streater is the play.
Scooped up Streater as backup... with Nicks and Harvin on bye, I desperately need Julio. He passed the eyeball test after he returned and I fully anticipate him playing this week.

Matt Bryant. I figure he deserves a bump if Julio is out tomorrow.
Good call. I'm 4-6 in my league and desperately in need of a win. I drafted Julio with the last pick in the second followed by Cam at the same turn. Julio has been boom or bust, but with Percy and Arian anchoring my team, I can handle the volatility. As for a kicker, I have Tynes on a bye, so not only am I potentially looking for a sub for Jones, but I had to hit the WW for a kicker. There are a few potential sleepers on the WW at both positions, so hopefully I pick the right ones. I just realized none of this relates to Julio's injury, but I'm sure it will help your teams nonetheless. :thumbup:
Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

Gut says that if Jones plays he'll be more decoy than factor in the game.
I can't see why the Falcons would risk making his injury worse by playing him as a decoy. Yes I understand the benefits of having him on the field but it's far more important for Atlanta to have a healthy Julio Jones the rest of the season as opposed to having him out there for one game against a team they should be able to beat without him. If he plays, I expect he'll be involved as normal. I think it would be absolutely idiotic for the Falcons to play him as a decoy and run the risk of him further injuring his ankle. Plus if the Cardinals' coaches have any smarts at all they should adjust quickly if it becomes apparent the Falcons have no intention of using Jones and as a result roll all their coverage toward White and Gonzalez.

I can't see why the Falcons would risk making his injury worse by playing him as a decoy. Yes I understand the benefits of having him on the field but it's far more important for Atlanta to have a healthy Julio Jones the rest of the season as opposed to having him out there for one game against a team they should be able to beat without him. If he plays, I expect he'll be involved as normal. I think it would be absolutely idiotic for the Falcons to play him as a decoy and run the risk of him further injuring his ankle. Plus if the Cardinals' coaches have any smarts at all they should adjust quickly if it becomes apparent the Falcons have no intention of using Jones and as a result roll all their coverage toward White and Gonzalez.
I agree. I think he either plays all out or doesn't play at all if he can't be more than a decoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I think he either plays all out or doesn't play at all if he can't be more than a decoy.
Decoy, perhaps? Yet at this point in the season, perfect season gone, wouldn't you want to have a 100% (or close to 100%) healthy Julio Jones down the stretch rather than risk another injury? If I'm the GM I would be thinking, of course play him if he can go, yet be cautious if he's on the edge. Now if it was the playoffs, certainly play him. Waiting to hear the Sunday injury report on who's active and who's not active and if he is active does anyone know what to expect? Safe bet is to start someone else, as long as this other person will give you something. Myself, along with D Thomas I may go with D Moore or D Amendola most likely.

My guess is Julio will be all in or folding.

I do not see him being activated just to be a decoy and potentially worsening his injury. So, I would start him if he's activated.

'Team Smokin said:
'just_want_2_win said:
'packersfan said:
'Sinn Fein said:
Decoy, perhaps? Yet at this point in the season, perfect season gone, wouldn't you want to have a 100% (or close to 100%) healthy Julio Jones down the stretch rather than risk another injury? If I'm the GM I would be thinking, of course play him if he can go, yet be cautious if he's on the edge. Now if it was the playoffs, certainly play him. Waiting to hear the Sunday injury report on who's active and who's not active and if he is active does anyone know what to expect? Safe bet is to start someone else, as long as this other person will give you something. Myself, along with D Thomas I may go with D Moore or D Amendola most likely.
I am going with D Moore whether he suits up or not.

You could make a compelling argument Denarius Moore should be started over Julio this week even if Julio was healthy.

Let's see, I've got Julio, DHB, and Nicks (bye), plus Aaron Hernandez. F. Looks like I'm dropping all of my backups so I can have some active players...

If you have the luxury of waiting until pregame warm-ups tomorrow, this is easy - if he's declared active, you play him. I don't think the Falcons will chance it at all if he's struggling in warmups.

If you've got plans tomorrow and you need to set a line-up tonight, much tougher call.

If it was tonight for me, Julio is out. There is potential for a goose egg here, but only if he does not play.

16 team league with my WR3's of Sidney Rice and Kenny Britt on byes...had to drudge up Devery Henderson off the wire in case Julio sits.

'Team Smokin said:
'just_want_2_win said:
'packersfan said:
'Sinn Fein said:
I am going with D Moore whether he suits up or not.
+1

For what it's worth Schefter just said on NFL Countdown that Julio is a game time decision but he used the phrase "he wants to play". Not much new info but good news to hear from Julio, if true.

For what it's worth Schefter just said on NFL Countdown that Julio is a game time decision but he used the phrase "he wants to play". Not much new info but good news to hear from Julio, if true.
Julio Jones (ankle, questionable) is "adamant" that he wants to play on Sunday against the Cardinals.ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jones is going to test out the ankle pregame, but that if he is active, Jones will be limited. The "limited" designation can mean a lot of things, but it always depends on how the game is playing out. Jones didn't practice at all during the week, but we've been leaning towards the side of Jones playing. The Falcons and Cardinals kick off at 1:00PM ET, so we will know his status shortly. Nov 18 - 10:36 AMSource: Chris Mortensen on Twitterhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

I am sure I am not the only one who is worried that Jones will be active and then leave early in the game after tweaking his ankle. You can almost set your watch to it. :wall:

Just saw this on Twitter.

Knox Bardeen ‏@knoxbardeen

Julio Jones ran four routes on the field & now has run two enz zone fades. Now he's whispering to Coach Smith #Falcons

Didn't really think my Tweet I posted was that funny. But this one is.

Sweatpant Bandit ‏@SweatpantBandit

Julio Jones update!He has ordered a Large order of Buffalo skins with bacon/blue cheese dip. Will start game in the toilet. #FantasyFootball

:excited:

I have to decide between Julio, Mendenhall and Sproles this week. What a mess. Probably rolling with Mendenhall because he's the only one that is starting for sure.

Didn't really think my Tweet I posted was that funny. But this one is.

Sweatpant Bandit ‏@SweatpantBandit

Julio Jones update!He has ordered a Large order of Buffalo skins with bacon/blue cheese dip. Will start game inON the toilet. #FantasyFootball

:excited:

He's active but limited, he's starting for me. My other options are all boom or bust, so I'd rather take Julio hobbled.

Users who are viewing this thread