What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (2 Viewers)

looks like at the moment those of us in the 2 hole who wrestled with him taking or Beckham made the right choice.  

Is now the time to sell Julio in PPR Dynasty?  Right now you might be able to get something like Amari Cooper and a 2017 1st...  Julio seems to be approaching the value decline cliff, and I'm a bit concerned that his value will take a small hit that it never recovers from if he gets dinged up again. 

Is now the time to sell Julio in PPR Dynasty?  Right now you might be able to get something like Amari Cooper and a 2017 1st...  Julio seems to be approaching the value decline cliff, and I'm a bit concerned that his value will take a small hit that it never recovers from if he gets dinged up again. 

No. Enjoy his Godzilla-like destruction of the GB secondary tomorrow. 

• Smile
Reactions: Jed
I'm a little concerned about tonight's game. Julio was banged up last week, although they said it was only a bruise. I hope he just isn't in there to play decoy and maybe get a few targets. I want to see him be the main target tonight. Whenever he is, he has big games. I just don't buy that he's 100% healthy.

I'm obviously happy with the end results today but the way Matt Ryan seems to go away from him for long stretches (sometimes whole games) this year is maddening.  

I'm obviously happy with the end results today but the way Matt Ryan seems to go away from him for long stretches (sometimes whole games) this year is maddening.  
He leads league in wr yardage.....

It was nice to see the red zone target... Julio showed on the play that anytime he is 1 on 1 at goal line he needs to get a jump ball

He leads league in wr yardage.....

It was nice to see the red zone target... Julio showed on the play that anytime he is 1 on 1 at goal line he needs to get a jump ball
He was second coming into the game.  But regardless the dude is a stud no doubt but he's also had PPR games where he's scored 2,4 and 5. PPR!   That's due to exactly what I said before.  

And for your second statement I couldn't agree more. 

He was second coming into the game.  But regardless the dude is a stud no doubt but he's also had PPR games where he's scored 2,4 and 5. PPR!   That's due to exactly what I said before.  

And for your second statement I couldn't agree more. 

The offense is much more varied, he doesn't need to force feed the ball to Julio anymore.

There is no situation or context where it makes sense to target your most dangerous offensive weapon so sparingly. None. It's definitely something they could improve.
When your most dangerous weapon is getting doubled and not getting open (I've watched every snap on the all 22) then it is definitely a situation and context to not target him as much, especially when others are winning their one on ones.

It was seriously like, for about a 5 min span the OC came out of his coma and realized, "oh snap - we have Julio Jones!"

catch, catch, catch, catch, TD

:doh:
That's what kills me about him.   When I said still waiting, it was after last week's game and his 5-6 point performance. He's such an awesome player and fun to watch but he drives me crazy that he seems  to put up  25 or 5.  It's like one game the world realizes he can't be challenged and then the next, he gets completely forgotten.   I just want to be entertained.  I'm selfish. 

That's what kills me about him.   When I said still waiting, it was after last week's game and his 5-6 point performance. He's such an awesome player and fun to watch but he drives me crazy that he seems  to put up  25 or 5.  It's like one game the world realizes he can't be challenged and then the next, he gets completely forgotten.   I just want to be entertained.  I'm selfish. 

On that drive the defense singled him one on one like Carolina did and Matt threw the ball to him. Most of the game he was double covered and Matt went to other guys, he has plenty of weapons - Sanu, Gabriel (a 4.28 speedster), Freeman, Coleman, Tamme, Hooper. A much more diverse offense and Julio won't get the volume passes his way if teams are double teaming him.

It amazes me when people are shocked by duds here and there. Even with the top WRs.

It's called variance.

Odell and A. Brown have had duds as well. 

Wouldn't it be nice if all our top WR picks just consistently put up 20+ points? 

It amazes me when people are shocked by duds here and there. Even with the top WRs.

It's called variance.

Odell and A. Brown have had duds as well. 

Wouldn't it be nice if all our top WR picks just consistently put up 20+ points? 
Agreed but for me the maddening part is not about the variance of his scoring, to your point that's part of the game and is going to happen to everyone, it's the lack of targets for long periods (even whole games) that drive me nuts.     I know the team has more weapons now and they spread it out more but he's the type of receiver that even if he's double covered you still throw it up to him every now and then to keep his head in the game and there's a better then 50% chance he comes down with it anyways.    He's not your normal WR.  This dude is elite and a freak of nature physically.   It's akin to only giving AP 5 touches for the whole game, you just don't do it.   

Last edited by a moderator:
at least two games where he didnt see targets, it's because he got hurt but stayed in the game. there's really no mystery here. last week he tweaked his ankle (actually i think official report said knee) but stayed in the game obviously to be a decoy. if he wasn't named julio jones and couldn't be an effective decoy while not at full speed, then he would not have been in the game. this isn't a lack of target every other game kind of a problem. his legs are not healthy this year and it keeps showing up.

Julio's game the other night reminded me of games Megatron used to have, where he was seemingly ignored for most of the game, yet had one stellar drive, and when it was all said and done, still had over 100 yards and a score. 

The dreaded turf toe injury.  Per Dan Quinn today it's the first ever non serious turf toe injury /sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld reporting turf toe, but will probably play week 14.

Not great. Guess he can't be benched.

Any success stories of guys playing through turf toe?

Ugh. Never heard of a "minor" turf toe injury.

And Julio had been pretty healthy this year by his standards. I guess this is the other shoe dropping. Timing for FF couldn't possibly be worse.

"Playing through it" could means lots of use as a decoy. Brutal news.

sanu with a hammy too so gabriel might be the only option left. man, what a week for this to come up. based on history, Julio will be limited practice all week, if he hits the field at all, so it won't be possible to gauge how bad the toe is. and as johnny stated above, don't think there's such a thing as "minor" turf toe. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread