What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gronk broken forearm? (1 Viewer)

How long would one be out with a broken forearm?

If he's out for any length of time & Hernandez is healthy then he could be a big point getter in the FF playoffs.

That is too bad especially since there was no reason the starters had to be in that late with a huge lead.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5729/rob-gronkowski

Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England reports X-rays show Rob Gronkowski indeed has a broken forearm.

It's likely to cost Gronkowski 4-6 weeks, if not longer. Although they are different kinds of players, the loss of Gronk may force the Patriots to act with more urgency on Aaron Hernandez (ankle), who's been practicing the past two weeks but has not played in games. Gronkowski is such a valuable player to New England's offense that he figures to be kept on the roster, rather than placed on injured reserve, in hopes of a very late-season or postseason return. It's obviously a crushing blow to fantasy owners, as well. Gronkowski was the No. 1 overall fantasy tight end through ten games. Nov 18 - 9:14 PM

Source: Tom Curran on Twitter

He's a tough *******. They'll cast that sucker up and run him out there. It's not like the ankle he tried to play through in the Super Bowl.

Of course, everything I just typed could be complete nonsense.

We've seen WRs come back from fractures in-season, so they may not IR him. But yr fantasy teams are boned.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOXBORO -- The Patriots' 59-24 win over the Colts doesn't come with all good news.

According to a source, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski suffered a broken forearm during the victory. Gronkowski, who had scored two touchdowns earlier, sat out the last 3 1/2 minutes of the fourth quarter and was X-rayed after the game.
I'm just glad they were able to hang on without him at the end.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheetEarly word: Gronk has been informed that the initial timetable is 4-6 weeks with his broken forearm. Not good, could be worse.
All of this for being in on an extra point to make it 59-24. :no:

I noticed at the end of the game that Indy players were almost trying to not get hurt, they knew they had very winnable games the next 3 weeks, Freeney wasn't even trying on the final drive but it felt like the Pats were trying to send a message to Indy in case they run into them again in the playoffs. Brady wasn't even wanting to speak to Luck after the game...none of that "One day you will be in the spot I am" he barely spoke to him and Jim/Phil were saying that the two had never really met. None of the future changing of the guard. I would expect Peyton Manning to act very differently after the same situation/game.

Sucks about Gronk, own him in several leagues but I bet they cast it and let him try to make plays.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheetEarly word: Gronk has been informed that the initial timetable is 4-6 weeks with his broken forearm. Not good, could be worse.
Utterly ridiculous. Probably the most dynamic offensive player in the league around whom you've completely changed your offense, whose "backup" is already gimpy, and you leave him out to block on a PAT late in a blowout? Do I have that right? You've got to put people out on the field, even in a blowout, but there are a handful of players that just aren't worth risking. BB's dodged a bullet dangling Brady out there for years, seems like they got bit this time. Maybe that's why Brady was so pissed after the game.But they could still put the aged Crumpler brothers out there as Gronk and Hernandez and still beat the crap out of the Jets on Thursday...eta: Nothing about it yet on Caste, though there's the always humorous delirium dreams about how awesome the Pats would be if they only would start all their white players all the time, including the astounding observation that Ballard is a better all around TE than Hernandez. Wonder what they think about the "race traitor" Belichek getting the Great White Hope injured.

The Pats Hater in me likes the karma of this more than the Gronk Owner laments the fantasy loss.
:goodposting: Without a freakin doubt.

CANNOT. WAIT. for his weekly spot with Glen Ordway on WEEI tomorrow.

"So Bill, do you think it was a good idea to have your starters out there in a total blowout?"

"We just play our players. That's it."

"Thanks coach."

Was dumb, but the circumstances are pretty irrelevant. Hundred times out of one hundred Gronk is gonna be in on every special teams play regardless of the lead or game situation.

Hes one of their best special teams players.

I'm a big Pats fan and this is totally inexcusable. If Belichek treated himself as if he were one of his players, he'd fire himself on Monday. As coach of the team you completely screwed the entire team's season with horrible horrible decision making. Thanks Coach. In the future, when you say "Do your job", look in the fucccing mirror first.

Was dumb, but the circumstances are pretty irrelevant. Hundred times out of one hundred Gronk is gonna be in on every special teams play regardless of the lead or game situation.Hes one of their best special teams players.
Agreed and extra point injuries are extremely rare.

Hernandez was apparently really close anyway. They were probably just being conservative about him. I suspect we see him this week.

The Pats Hater in me likes the karma of this more than the Gronk Owner laments the fantasy loss.
:goodposting: Without a freakin doubt.

CANNOT. WAIT. for his weekly spot with Glen Ordway on WEEI tomorrow.

"So Bill, do you think it was a good idea to have your starters out there in a total blowout?"

"We just play our players. That's it."

"Thanks coach."
Pretty sure "You can only dress so many players" will be the line.

Only thing new here is the last part:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheetTo recap: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski has a broken forearm. Out 4-6 weeks. Did it on the final PAT. No, he can't play thru it (I asked)

I'm a big Pats fan and this is totally inexcusable. If Belichek treated himself as if he were one of his players, he'd fire himself on Monday. As coach of the team you completely screwed the entire team's season with horrible horrible decision making. Thanks Coach. In the future, when you say "Do your job", look in the fucccing mirror first.
Their season will be fine. They'll walk into the playoffs, Gronk or no Gronk, and then he'll be back by the time the games are mattering again.

Their season will be fine. They'll walk into the playoffs, Gronk or no Gronk, and then he'll be back by the time the games are mattering again.
It's important because now it's a good possibility their last two AFC playoff games are on the road.

Maybe, but now they may be playing on the road in week 2 of the playoffs....THAT matters. Emphasis on "may" because this should not even be a consideration if the starters were not playing at the end of the game.

Nice job, hoodie. True :ph34r:

This is not college, and you are not trying to impress any polsters. Outside of fantasy, which sucks for Gronk owners, hoodie deserves it. Karma, baby!

Utterly ridiculous. Probably the most dynamic offensive player in the league around whom you've completely changed your offense, whose "backup" is already gimpy, and you leave him out to block on a PAT late in a blowout? Do I have that right? You've got to put people out on the field, even in a blowout, but there are a handful of players that just aren't worth risking. BB's dodged a bullet dangling Brady out there for years, seems like they got bit this time. Maybe that's why Brady was so pissed after the game.But they could still put the aged Crumpler brothers out there as Gronk and Hernandez and still beat the crap out of the Jets on Thursday...eta: Nothing about it yet on Caste, though there's the always humorous delirium dreams about how awesome the Pats would be if they only would start all their white players all the time, including the astounding observation that Ballard is a better all around TE than Hernandez. Wonder what they think about the "race traitor" Belichek getting the Great White Hope injured.
:mellow:

:mellow:
:shock:

I'm too lazy to look it up, but does anyone have stats on Hernandez when playing without Gronk? I'm not sure how often that's happened, but I suspect that a lot of Hernandez's success is because of all the attention Gronk gets. I'd like to see if the numbers support that.

FWIW: Drayton Florence had the same injury in Week 2 and was able to return to action for the first time today. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread