What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bryce Brown anything to see here? (1 Viewer)

Robinson or Brown seems to be the trend of top choices and Bolden comes in third as of what we know right now?

We really don't know who gets the start for SEA and how much useage a Brown signing really means? He could very well get 20 carries and 2 TD's and 110 yards on Sunday. That's nothing to ignore. In that case Brown is the number 1 pickup.

Robinson or Brown seems to be the trend of top choices and Bolden comes in third as of what we know right now?

We really don't know who gets the start for SEA and how much useage a Brown signing really means? He could very well get 20 carries and 2 TD's and 110 yards on Sunday. That's nothing to ignore. In that case Brown is the number 1 pickup.
He could also not see the field at all.

He could also not see the field at all.
I'd bet the value of my home that Brown sees the field this week.

I picked him up in one league that I had Rawls in. Deep benches and I don't need to play him but I think he's a very viable RB2/flex play this week given the current RB landscape.

The only other guy that put in this week took Brown first then i grabbed Hightower and Robinson. I had Brown ranked 3rd...im psyched.

Fresh legs at this time of the year need to be weighted heavily IMO. I said it back on page 4 and 5 in this thread in 2012 and caught some flak, which was fun to revisit. The problem is, that was 3 years ago on a different team, I really have no clue what he looks like now. I wonder if he still has that 150+ yard, multiple TD upside.

I'm about to go watch preseason footage.

Brown is going to explode this weekend. Both my semi-final opponents managed to land him off waivers... one of whom had absolutely no business getting him but when other owners in the league don't check to see that DuJuan Harris is already out of the equation, what can you do?

I'm predicting 100+ yards and at least two touchdowns. Congrats in advance to whomever owns him.

Brown is going to explode this weekend. Both my semi-final opponents managed to land him off waivers... one of whom had absolutely no business getting him but when other owners in the league don't check to see that DuJuan Harris is already out of the equation, what can you do?

I'm predicting 100+ yards and at least two touchdowns. Congrats in advance to whomever owns him.
There it is...the kiss of death post to all Brown owners.

What a ****%%* mess. Due to losing Ingram and Rawls last two weeks, and missing out on robinson-- I have to start 2 of Hightower, Brown, and Melvin Gordon. #### me

As long as Wilson is throwing a zillion TDs to Tyler and Baldwin, defenses will be more than happy to see them go with a castoff RB.

Doesn't fit, for me, that Jackson is only a CoP back.

As long as Wilson is throwing a zillion TDs to Tyler and Baldwin, defenses will be more than happy to see them go with a castoff RB.

One would think Jackson starts. We know he has talent.

I have a sick feeling I am going to get brown in a couple of leagues only to see fred get 20 carries this week......

I have a sick feeling I am going to get brown in a couple of leagues only to see fred get 20 carries this week......
Since I need a RB2 this week with injuries & I got Brown, but Jackson was already rostered, I bet you are right.

This just doesn't jive with the coaching decisions all year. Weeks 4 & 5 when Lynch was out, they went straight to Rawls. That's early in the season to bypass Fred (a 12 year vet) for an undrafted free agent pickup. For whatever reason, it seems the coaching staff likes Jackson as a 3rd down back on not more. Idk why, but its been that way all year.

This just doesn't jive with the coaching decisions all year. Weeks 4 & 5 when Lynch was out, they went straight to Rawls. That's early in the season to bypass Fred (a 12 year vet) for an undrafted free agent pickup. For whatever reason, it seems the coaching staff likes Jackson as a 3rd down back on not more. Idk why, but its been that way all year.
After seeing Rawls, I'd have picked him over Fred too.

Initially, I thought newbie versus Rawls who had been there all summer.

Now I'm thinking the opposite Jackson has been there, Brown has not.

Regardless, I hope McCoy and Karlos realize that somehow they'll be playing in Seattle next year.

It's not like Bryce just laid his eyes on the playbook yesterday, he's been off and on their roster for over a month now.

The bigger risk is him fumbling in the game and getting benched, I have no doubt he'll see the touches to pile up stats right up until that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will start Brown and he will get the bulk. Thing is Lynch and Rawls are hard runners, tough, and they hit the hole the way the Hawks like. Brown as I recall was a cut and go, with big play potential but not much of a fit for the Hawks grind-it system. Brown has the size and breakaway ability they like but a lot of plays he may not do what they are used to wanting. He has the potential for the bonehead mistake that gets him benched quickly. And he remained unsigned largely after getting several looksies. Philly traded him away even though he should have been a fit, Buf hardly used him even in Marrone's run heavy system. OTOH Brown is extremely hungry, this is pretty much his chance to get back in the show. He is also the only RB besides Fred. I think everyone who has him will likely start him considering the 2015 RB situation. Cleveland defense vs RBs last 5 weeks: Buck Allen plus Terrance West went 19/92/0, Draughn just went 11/43/0, Hill plus Bernard went 28/124/0 and then 27/124/1. You really cannot not like this start, but there is some variability in it. I think the best thing going for Brown is that Manziel is going to get absolutely buzzsawed in Seattle and the Hawks will just run it a ton in a blowout that is over by the first half.

With Yeldon down I needed depth. Guy with the #1 waiver priority picked up dujuan harris :lmao: My opponent grabbed Denard Robinson so Bryce and Bolden fell to me. I think I can afford to bench him a week and see how he's used.
Do you expect him to monitor the news 24/7 like some fantasy nerd? Maybe dude has a life and missed the news that Harris got cut. I think you should fix the error and let him have Brown,

I have a feeling Coleman is the play here. I don't see Brown going from being cut twice to bell cow. Jackson is nothing more than a third down back. Coleman has had limited carries, but is averaging something like 7.0 yards a carry.

With Yeldon down I needed depth. Guy with the #1 waiver priority picked up dujuan harris :lmao: My opponent grabbed Denard Robinson so Bryce and Bolden fell to me. I think I can afford to bench him a week and see how he's used.
Do you expect him to monitor the news 24/7 like some fantasy nerd? Maybe dude has a life and missed the news that Harris got cut. I think you should fix the error and let him have Brown,
:lmao:

I'm thinking of adding FJax and Coleman just in case BBrown isn't "the guy". If one of them is "the guy" I'd have ZERO chance of winning him on WW next week. At this point, the guys at the end of the my bench are unlikely to ever be used.

ETA: Well...things happen fast around here. Now CMike is there, too.

Just read an article where Bryce Brown describes Fred Jackson as a "mentor" during their time together in Buffalo . I wonder how much, if any, FJax's relationship with Brown plays into this scenario? I would imagine the two of them would be psyched to be a 1-2 punch. Seems like something they could rally around.

seahawk 17 said:
I have a feeling Coleman is the play here. I don't see Brown going from being cut twice to bell cow. Jackson is nothing more than a third down back. Coleman has had limited carries, but is averaging something like 7.0 yards a carry.
It's easy to average 7 yards a carry when you've only run three times and one of those times was for 19 yards (guess how much he ran the other two times).

VandyMan said:
I'm thinking of adding FJax and Coleman just in case BBrown isn't "the guy". If one of them is "the guy" I'd have ZERO chance of winning him on WW next week. At this point, the guys at the end of the my bench are unlikely to ever be used.

ETA: Well...things happen fast around here. Now CMike is there, too.
Nothing to worry about. He's not even on the depth chart on Seahawks.com or Ourlads. It's like he doesn't even exist.

May have to put him in if he is the starter. I can wait until the late game as my backup plan is Ryan Mathews on Sunday night.

ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia said Bryce Brown is the "favorite" to lead the backfield in touches down the stretch.
Advice: Kapadia cautions Brown is far from a sure thing but said he "should get the first shot at carrying the load." Christine Michael would be the next logical option, but Kapadia believes it is possible he is not even active for Week 15. Fred Jackson will handle third-down work, and Derrick Coleman is unlikely to be heavily involved. Brown is the only option worth using in must-win situations, and he is a risky RB3/FLEX option at best.
More: ESPN
(Rotoworld.com)

If Christine Michael is inactive ... I might start Brown over Gore

ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia said Bryce Brown is the "favorite" to lead the backfield in touches down the stretch.

Advice: Kapadia cautions Brown is far from a sure thing but said he "should get the first shot at carrying the load." Christine Michael would be the next logical option, but Kapadia believes it is possible he is not even active for Week 15. Fred Jackson will handle third-down work, and Derrick Coleman is unlikely to be heavily involved. Brown is the only option worth using in must-win situations, and he is a risky RB3/FLEX option at best.

(Rotoworld.com)

Id like to over Buck...but with balt being the early game...id have to risk Brown or Martavis for my flex or just go Buck and not deal with it.

(Rotoworld.com)

Id like to over Buck...but with balt being the early game...id have to risk Brown or Martavis for my flex or just go Buck and not deal with it.
buck put up 8 points last week in an absolutely awful game. I feel very comfortable with him.

(Rotoworld.com)

buck put up 8 points last week in an absolutely awful game. I feel very comfortable with him.
Unfortunately, not ppr.

Wish i would have picked up powell.

Users who are viewing this thread