Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Awesome

Colin Kaepernick

1 hour ago, chinawildman said:

Black lives matter. Colin Kaepernick does not. Why are we still talking about this guy...

Because he's better than 90% of the backup QBs, and at least 25% of the starting QBs in the NFL, and he doesn't have a job.

22 minutes ago, CalBear said:

Because he's better than 90% of the backup QBs, and at least 25% of the starting QBs in the NFL, and he doesn't have a job.

Not true. His last year was a bunch of padded stats as defenses played prevent the whole 2nd half being up by like 20. He also had one of the worst net yards lost in the NFL for a QB, sacked top 5 despite not starting part of the season and teams disrespected his arm so much at times they had their DB's play the run and dare Kaepernick to throw it. Plus the dude from what I've heard aint a great locker room teammate. Always about him, gets offended easily, didn't seem to take his job seriously etc. When you have one of your most respected veterans in the locker room in Vernon Davis coming out after being traded that he felt disrespected by the babying of Kaepernick and had to leave that #### well I think there's a cause for great concern if you want to bring a cancer like that in the locker room. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CalBear said:

That's debatable but even if true many teams don't want to shell out big money to backup QB and want a veteran at or near minimum.  Or they want a guy that will be a good lockerroom guy and support the starter or mentor a younger guy.  They don't want a backup QB creating daily distractions to push his political agenda.  There are other places CK can do that if he chooses.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CalBear said:

Who cares. It’s a business. Why would any owner want that much distraction coming from their backup QB?  He doesn’t have a job, because he’s a major distraction. Not because he’s black.  The insinuation that he doesn’t have a job because of the color of his skin is insulting to anyone with an IQ over 30.  If you want to be employees then you follow the rules of your boss. Don’t want to follow the rules of your boss, then find another job or go start your own business/team. It’s no different than working for any company in the entire world. Welcome to real life Mr. Kaepernick. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Not true. His last year was a bunch of padded stats as defenses played prevent the whole 2nd half being up by like 20. He also had one of the worst net yards lost in the NFL for a QB, sacked top 5 despite not starting part of the season and teams disrespected his arm so much at times they had their DB's play the run and dare Kaepernick to throw it. Plus the dude from what I've heard aint a great locker room teammate. Always about him, gets offended easily, didn't seem to take his job seriously etc. When you have one of your most respected veterans in the locker room in Vernon Davis coming out after being traded that he felt disrespected by the babying of Kaepernick and had to leave that #### well I think there's a cause for great concern if you want to bring a cancer like that in the locker room. 

His 49ers teammates didn't think so:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article123845064.html

Teammates give Colin Kaepernick 49ers’ most prestigious award

SANTA CLARA 

When Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest became public in August, there were all sorts of predictions and admonitions about how the stance would tear apart the 49ers’ locker room.

They were wrong. The 49ers players on Friday voted Kaepernick the winner of the annual Len Eshmont Award, the team’s most prestigious honor and one that’s been won by team leaders Anquan Boldin, Frank Gore, NaVorro Bowman and Justin Smith the previous four years.

The award was established in 1957 and goes to the 49er who best exemplifies the “inspirational and courageous play of Eshmont”, an original member of the inaugural 1946 squad.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

That's debatable but even if true many teams don't want to shell out big money to backup QB and want a veteran at or near minimum.  Or they want a guy that will be a good lockerroom guy and support the starter or mentor a younger guy.  They don't want a backup QB creating daily distractions to push his political agenda.  There are other places CK can do that if he chooses.

The question was, why are we still talking about him? The answer is, if a team like the Packers put in Kaepernick instead of Brett Hundley (who Kaepernick is clearly better than), he'd immediately be fantasy relevant. And the Packers might have made the playoffs, too. 

1 hour ago, CalBear said:

You think teams who could upgrade a backup, or obtain a bottom 1/4 starter would choose to do it with a guy who brings a dark cloud of controversy, enrages half of the ticket buyers, and loses 1/4 of sponsors? Not worth it, at all. It's a no brainer. CK would have to be a top 5 QB to overcome his warts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CalBear said:

The question was, why are we still talking about him? The answer is, if a team like the Packers put in Kaepernick instead of Brett Hundley (who Kaepernick is clearly better than), he'd immediately be fantasy relevant. And the Packers might have made the playoffs, too. 

Yes, I'm sure rostering an anthem protester as a backup would go over terrific in Green Bay. I'd love it if this actually happens.

44 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

You're going to talk about Vernon Davis? Seriously? That guy's been a crybaby his whole career.

Kaepernick's career passer rating is 88.9, and that doesn't even include the fact that he's a better runner than all but a couple real QBs in the NFL. He is, in fact, 16th among active NFL qbs in passer rating. He's pretty clearly better than Blake Bortles, Josh McCown, and probably better than a number of others I could name. And there is absolutely, positively no question that he's better than Brett Hundley. 

1 minute ago, BigJim® said:

Yes, I'm sure rostering an anthem protester as a backup would go over terrific in Green Bay. I'd love it if this actually happens.

I'm sure making the playoffs would go over better than not making the playoffs, which is what happened.

I'm not saying anyone is going to hire him, I'm answering the question of why we're still talking about it. Because from a football perspective, someone should.

2 minutes ago, CalBear said:

I'm sure making the playoffs would go over better than not making the playoffs, which is what happened.

I'm not saying anyone is going to hire him, I'm answering the question of why we're still talking about it. Because from a football perspective, someone should.

Do you actually think the only decisions that are made upon signing a player, are how well he plays football?  You’re smarter than that. 

26 minutes ago, squistion said:

His 49ers teammates didn't think so:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article123845064.html

Teammates give Colin Kaepernick 49ers’ most prestigious award

SANTA CLARA 

When Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest became public in August, there were all sorts of predictions and admonitions about how the stance would tear apart the 49ers’ locker room.

They were wrong. The 49ers players on Friday voted Kaepernick the winner of the annual Len Eshmont Award, the team’s most prestigious honor and one that’s been won by team leaders Anquan Boldin, Frank Gore, NaVorro Bowman and Justin Smith the previous four years.

The award was established in 1957 and goes to the 49er who best exemplifies the “inspirational and courageous play of Eshmont”, an original member of the inaugural 1946 squad.

A lot of guys cave into peer pressure. They voted for him because they didn't want the media storm from the CK Jock huggers that if he didn't get the award they'd make a huge deal out of it. This happened with the Eagles with Vick when he won a similar Team award. It makes a good story and good exposure for the team. I doubt they wanted anymore media #### storms. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CalBear said:

We're talking about him because he's suing the NFL, and visiting teams with a "yeah, I plan to continue to be a disruption" sales pitch. And BTW- if backup QB is what you think kept the Packers out of the playoffs.... well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalBear said:

And he’s right where he belongs, politics should be done on his own time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

A lot of guys cave into peer pressure. They voted for him because they didn't want the media storm from the CK Jock huggers that if he didn't get the award they'd make a huge deal out of it. This happened with the Eagles with Vick when he won a similar Team award. It makes a good story and good exposure for the team. I doubt they wanted anymore media #### storms. 

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, CalBear said:

No no they shouldn't. Why should a team sign a guy if they don't run an offense that suits him? Granted when a back up goes in there there's slight changes. For example the Eagles kept mostly the Same offense for Foles as they had with Wentz. Only difference was any of the RPO's that Wentz could take it himself Nick couldn't. The Eagles when Vick was here had to change their entire offense when Vick came in for Foles or Kolb because Vick couldn't understand the West Coast Offense. Our C Jason Kelce was making protection calls and reading defenses that Vick should be responsible for. Why take a guy just because you need a back up that isn't really a great player without a gimmick college offense who needs a good defense and run game behind him, plus wants starter money and is a locker room distraction and doesn't seem committed to playing at all? Why waste Cap space and Roster space on that? Then you need to take into account the media #### storm. Also now with the Coalition there now seems to be two separate ones. Those who think Malcolm Jenkins didn't invite CK to these meetings with the league and those who say Jenkins did but CK never responded and feel there was collusion by CK's Lawyer and GF. CK feels Jenkins took spotlight from him. Well CK your ### wasn't doing much trying to help the coalition. Jenkins and others were more willing to have a chat with the league and not be ignorant about it. They had a goal short and long term. This is why a lot of people feel CK's Protest wasn't genuine. 

There's also reports that CK didn't go to Den because he refused to take a payout. Mary-Kate Cabot of Cleveland dot com reported CK turned down a trade to the Browns because he didn't want to be on a team who might be in position to draft a future franchise QB (AKA QB COMPETITION). CK has had chances in the league. HE ALSO OPTED OUT OF HIS OWN CONTRACT, and his GF called another Black player an Uncle Tom and Baltimore's Owner a SLave master. Both on a franchise willing to sign CK. If I'm the league this is ammunition I use to show a judge CK has had ample oppurtninuties to play in the NFL for teams but has either because of unwillingness to play for franchise do to Money or team role plus certain things said by his spouse he has destroyed those chances. The Seahawks have every right to ask CK what his goal was this year with his kneeling. They are incredible supportive of the protest but a team wants to know his short and long term goals. Cant just say I want change. How are you going about that, are you voting for people who support your cause in offices (Most likely not since he's said he doesn't vote), how are you raising money to help the cause, who else is involved, will any of this distract from you being able to do your job on the field, etc? 

13 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

We're talking about him because he's suing the NFL, and visiting teams with a "yeah, I plan to continue to be a disruption" sales pitch. And BTW- if backup QB is what you think kept the Packers out of the playoffs.... well...

Obviously he doesn't know GB well. Poor defense especially secondary, Offensive line and their HC. Plus based on everything I've seen online and social media Packer fans were one of the fanbases not very accepting of the whole protests. 

Edited by DJackson10
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

Hundley was terrible. He went 3-6 and threw 12 picks and only 9 TDs in 9 games. (Kaepernick has never thrown more than 10 picks in a season).

If the Pack went 4-5 during that stretch they'd probably have made the playoffs. Could Kaepernick have given them one more win over Hundley? Like in the game against New Orleans where Hundley threw for a total of 87 yards and they lost by 9? Or against Minnesota where they lost 16-0 and Hundley threw for 130 yards and two picks?

• Like 1

Just now, CalBear said:

Hundley was terrible. He went 3-6 and threw 12 picks and only 9 TDs in 9 games. (Kaepernick has never thrown more than 10 picks in a season).

If the Pack went 4-5 during that stretch they'd probably have made the playoffs. Could Kaepernick have given them one more win over Hundley? Like in the game against New Orleans where Hundley threw for a total of 87 yards and they lost by 9? Or against Minnesota where they lost 16-0 and Hundley threw for 130 yards and two picks?

Ok, I think we're done here... :lmao:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

CK has had chances in the league. HE ALSO OPTED OUT OF HIS OWN CONTRACT, 

There were so many false or misleading statements in your post I don't have the time or energy to address them all, but the bolded I will. GM John Lynch has stated publically that Kaep opted out of his contract by mutual agreement and that he would have been cut if he didn't.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/john-lynch-49ers-would-have-cut-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out/

John Lynch: 49ers would have cut Kaepernick if he hadn’t opted out

One of the popular narratives regarding Colin Kaepernick’s lingering unemployment is that he has only himself to blame after opting out of his 49ers contract. This flawed assumption overlooks the fact that the 49ers would have cut Kaepernick if he hadn’t opted out.

“HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?” some of you have said in response. Here’s how. 49ers G.M. John Lynch said so on Wednesday, in a PFT Live interview to be aired later this week.

“Yes,” Lynch said regarding whether Kaepernick would have been cut if he hadn’t opted out, “and we had that conversation with him. So I don’t want to characterize it as he made a decision to leave here. We both sat down and under that current construct of his deal, it was a big number. [Coach] Kyle [Shanahan] had a vision for what he wanted to do, and one thing I think Kyle was very clear and I think Colin appreciated, is that Kyle has an idea of how he’d play with Colin Kaepernick. But he preferred to run the exact offense that he ran in Atlanta last year that was record-breaking in this league. And if you change it for the quarterback, you change it for everybody on that offense.  So he had a great discussion that I think gave Colin clarity, so we moved on. Brian Hoyer was one of the guys we pursued. Once we pursued him, we didn’t see Kaep as a backup that would really fit in that scheme and we communicated that to him. So I think we’ve been very up front with it. But I think that is a fair characterization.  Yes, he was not going to be here under the construct of his contract.  We gave him the option, ‘You can opt out, we can release you, whatever.’ And he chose to opt out, but that was just a formality.”

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

There were so many false or misleading statements in your post I don't have the time or energy to address them all, but the bolded I will. GM John Lynch has stated publically that Kaep opted out of his contract by mutual agreement and that he would have been cut if he didn't.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/john-lynch-49ers-would-have-cut-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out/

One of the popular narratives regarding Colin Kaepernick’s lingering unemployment is that he has only himself to blame after opting out of his 49ers contract. This flawed assumption overlooks the fact that the 49ers would have cut Kaepernick if he hadn’t opted out.

“HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?” some of you have said in response. Here’s how. 49ers G.M. John Lynch said so on Wednesday, in a PFT Live interview to be aired later this week.

“Yes,” Lynch said regarding whether Kaepernick would have been cut if he hadn’t opted out, “and we had that conversation with him. So I don’t want to characterize it as he made a decision to leave here. We both sat down and under that current construct of his deal, it was a big number. [Coach] Kyle [Shanahan] had a vision for what he wanted to do, and one thing I think Kyle was very clear and I think Colin appreciated, is that Kyle has an idea of how he’d play with Colin Kaepernick. But he preferred to run the exact offense that he ran in Atlanta last year that was record-breaking in this league. And if you change it for the quarterback, you change it for everybody on that offense.  So he had a great discussion that I think gave Colin clarity, so we moved on. Brian Hoyer was one of the guys we pursued. Once we pursued him, we didn’t see Kaep as a backup that would really fit in that scheme and we communicated that to him. So I think we’ve been very up front with it. But I think that is a fair characterization.  Yes, he was not going to be here under the construct of his contract.  We gave him the option, ‘You can opt out, we can release you, whatever.’ And he chose to opt out, but that was just a formality.”

So he opted out of his own contract is what you are saying?

3 hours ago, squistion said:

He was gonna get cut long before his protest. Chip and company didn't cut him after protesting because of the liberal #### storm they would've had with being in SF. There were reports well before he kneeled he was in danger f getting cut. 

34 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

He was gonna get cut long before his protest. Chip and company didn't cut him after protesting because of the liberal #### storm they would've had with being in SF. There were reports well before he kneeled he was in danger f getting cut. 

Why would there be a "liberal #### storm" if they cut him before he started kneeling? It wasn't a political issue until then

25 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

How is your response any better than 

:lmao:

Unlike your rolling smiley it actually was obviously referring to something, in this case to this bolded section:

They voted for him because they didn't want the media storm from the CK Jock huggers that if he didn't get the award they'd make a huge deal out of it

When you do the smiley it is that buy itself with no reference point, usually not even attached to a quote, so no one knows what you are laughing at or about or referring to. My point was I was pointing out the absurd claim that he was considered a good team mate, as the 49ers award proves the contrary.

And if you are agreeable, I will work out a deal with you, I won't use either :rolleyes: or :hophead: in responding to your posts, if don't use :lmao: in responding to mine.

Deal?

Just now, squistion said:

Unlike your rolling smiley it actually was obviously referring to something, in this case to this bolded section:

When you do the smiley it is that buy itself with no reference point, usually not even attached to a quote, so no one knows what you are laughing at or about or referring to. My point was I was pointing out the absurd claim that he was considered a good team mate, as the 49ers award proves the contrary.

And if you are agreeable, I will work out a deal with you, I won't use either :rolleyes: or :hophead: in responding to your posts, if don't use :lmao: in responding to mine.

Deal?

No deal. When I see something funny it makes me laugh. 

Thanks for the offer though

20 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

No deal. When I see something funny it makes me laugh. 

Thanks for the offer though

There are other emojis that you can use. :lol: :D

OK, fine, since you won't deal, I will not respond to your future posts, so please refrain from asking me direct questions or to comment on something you have said, because I won't answer. :hophead: (FYI in this context that is expressing chattering) 

1 minute ago, squistion said:

OK, fine, since you won't deal, I will not respond to your future posts, so please refrain from asking me direct questions or to comment on something you have said, because I won't answer. :hophead: (FYI in this context that is expressing chattering) 

Dude, take a break from the board for awhile for your own sake.  You're taking things way too seriously

This isn't that important

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Why would there be a "liberal #### storm" if they cut him before he started kneeling? It wasn't a political issue until then

I meant to say it would be a #### storm if they cut him after he knelt. Theres some theories out there CK started kneeling after hearing he could very likely be cut. 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Deal?

:lmao:

44 minutes ago, squistion said:

You're fine with those two but not :lmao:.   Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

The fact this thread is still going, and discussing the kneeling, politics, etc way more than the football aspect of Kap, is exactly why he doesn't have a job.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CalBear said:

Then stand the hell up.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:19 AM, daveR said:

If the rules of a workplace demand that you become a distributor of child porn, would you comply?  Why not?  If you were Jewish & the corporation demanded that all employees become Hindu?  If you were a pacifist and they required that you enlist?  What if they required that you leave your family?

In this case, they are demanding that he give up his stance on racism.  For me, that is selling one's soul -- giving up on something vitally important for a job.  

No, they're not.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

The fact this thread is still going, and discussing the kneeling, politics, etc way more than the football aspect of Kap, is exactly why he doesn't have a job.

Or maybe this thread is still going because he is remains in the news at least on a weekly basis (if not more frequently) tied to his collusion grievance and people seeing (in their opinion) inferior QBs being signed as backups

19 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

9 minutes ago, CalBear said:

NO would've feasted on him and the Viking's defense would've made him wish he wasn't signed. Minn D was great this year until they ran into Nick Foles who quite frankly is a worlds better QB then Kaepernick too. 

There's been no indication Kaepernick is willing to take a significant pay cut to come in as a backup...until that happens he will remain unemployed...regardless of the kneeling issue.

Teams want either a cheap veteran or up-and-coming developmental QB.  For reference RGIII's new salary is $1 million plus incentives.

As far as competing for a starter's job, it's just not gonna happen for a guy who hasn't played a regular season game in 2.5 years.

Edited by PhantomJB
  • Like 1

Kap has the right to protest in many ways

NFL teams has the right to hire players in many ways

If what Kap brings in is game isn't worth what he brings in political and negative image ways, then teams will not hire him. Kap makes his decisions, teams react accordingly.

This is fair and how it should be.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, squistion said:

Or maybe this thread is still going because he is remains in the news at least on a weekly basis (if not more frequently) tied to his collusion grievance and people seeing (in their opinion) inferior QBs being signed as backups

You should probably work on your comprehension a bit. I didn't attempt to give any reason whatsoever as to why the thread was still going. I gave the reason Kap is still out of work.

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

NO would've feasted on him and the Viking's defense would've made him wish he wasn't signed. Minn D was great this year until they ran into Nick Foles who quite frankly is a worlds better QB then Kaepernick too. 

Of the 16 teams New Orleans played, Hundley's performance was by far the worst. The second worst was Tampa Bay (Winston being another QB Kaepernick is better than) which got 113 yards passing, and then Miami (Jay Cutler being another QB Kaepernick is better than) which got 128. New Orleans also did well against Tyrod Taylor and Bryce Petty, two more QBs Kaepernick is better than. The only QB who they did well against who was clearly better than Kaepernick was Cam Newton.

Minnesota killed Hundley, but also played well against Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubisky, and Joe Flacco. If you needed further evidence that there are a lot of NFL teams in need of a decent QB.

14 hours ago, CalBear said:

It's amazing that knowledgeable football fans actually believe this...

What's hilarious is the comparison of his stats in his final 5 games to Garoppolo's 5 games.... yea the raw stats are similar. The problem is Kaepernick had a worse QBR than Gabbert his last year and went 1-4 while Garoppolo went flawless. 

He's an athletic guy but he's a ####ty NFL QB. VInce Young flashed too, but 5 years later he was outta the league... same timeframe as Kaepernick. He's just the latest in a line of promising athletic QBs that got "figured out".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chinawildman said:

What's hilarious is the comparison of his stats in his final 5 games to Garoppolo's 5 games.... yea the raw stats are similar. The problem is Kaepernick had a worse QBR than Gabbert his last year and went 1-4 while Garoppolo went flawless. 

He's an athletic guy but he's a ####ty NFL QB. VInce Young flashed too, but 5 years later he was outta the league... same timeframe as Kaepernick. He's just the latest in a line of promising athletic QBs that got "figured out".

I'm not comparing the stats of his final 5 games. I'm talking about his career stats, by which he's the 16th overall in passer rating among active QBs. Vince Young, by comparison, had a 74.4 passer rating; Kaepernick is 88.9. Which is better, by the way, than Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Matt Stafford, or Derek Carr, let alone another 20-30 crappy QBs who have jobs. The comparison to Vince Young is simply lazy.

Edited by CalBear

19 hours ago, PhantomJB said:

There's been no indication Kaepernick is willing to take a significant pay cut to come in as a backup...until that happens he will remain unemployed...regardless of the kneeling issue.

Teams want either a cheap veteran or up-and-coming developmental QB.  For reference RGIII's new salary is $1 million plus incentives.

As far as competing for a starter's job, it's just not gonna happen for a guy who hasn't played a regular season game in 2.5 years.

And the NFL and owners will use this in their arguments as well. CK took a chance and agreed to void his injury clause and opt out with SF. He took a chance thinking he could get more in FA and when teams didn't budge he cried wolf and used the protest as his excuse. Instead of acting like an adult and saying maybe I need to take a significant pay cut to just latch on somewhere. Teams want Cheap options and some teams will take a cheap reclamation project like CK and think they can fix them if he decided on that.  

17 hours ago, CalBear said:

Of the 16 teams New Orleans played, Hundley's performance was by far the worst. The second worst was Tampa Bay (Winston being another QB Kaepernick is better than) which got 113 yards passing, and then Miami (Jay Cutler being another QB Kaepernick is better than) which got 128. New Orleans also did well against Tyrod Taylor and Bryce Petty, two more QBs Kaepernick is better than. The only QB who they did well against who was clearly better than Kaepernick was Cam Newton.

Minnesota killed Hundley, but also played well against Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubisky, and Joe Flacco. If you needed further evidence that there are a lot of NFL teams in need of a decent QB.

I hate Winston but he's way better then CK. Even all the QB's you mentioned. Kapernick was only good when he had a gimmick offense he could run no one knew how to stop and I'm also not Taylor fan but I'd take Taylor too who's proven capable of playing without the gimmicky offense. Heck I'd take Buttfumble at QB if it was between those two. The dude couldn't even beat out and lost his job to Blain Gabbert. That's worth repeating anytime anyone says CK is better then so and so. Really because those QB's would've beaten out Gabbert by wide margin but somehow Kaepernick is better then them? 

5 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I hate Winston but he's way better then CK. Even all the QB's you mentioned. Kapernick was only good when he had a gimmick offense he could run no one knew how to stop and I'm also not Taylor fan but I'd take Taylor too who's proven capable of playing without the gimmicky offense. Heck I'd take Buttfumble at QB if it was between those two. The dude couldn't even beat out and lost his job to Blain Gabbert. That's worth repeating anytime anyone says CK is better then so and so. Really because those QB's would've beaten out Gabbert by wide margin but somehow Kaepernick is better then them? 

So you're saying that his early-career passing numbers, which were very impressive, don't count because it was a "gimmicky offense", whatever that means, and that his later-career passing numbers, which are still better than everyone I mentioned, don't count because "teams were playing soft defense."

So, I'll grant that if you ignore all of Kaepernick's actual results as an NFL quarterback, his results as an NFL quarterback don't look so good.

15 hours ago, chinawildman said:

It's a terrible excuse too. All those quarterbacks would easily beat Blaine Gabbert in a QB job competition but CK couldn't. SF used CK as a last ditched effort maybe for some comedy relief as well. Ck's problems go back to college. Maybe even HS. These athletes with big arms put at QB and never taught how to read a defense, proper routes being ran by receivers, and are manly gunslingers. They rely a lot on their athletic ability. HS/College they can get away with it. NFL you need to be an accurate passer or you'll be eaten alive at the position. Plus you shouldn't be pig headed when it comes to coaching and thinking you don't need it or better then everyone. One of the reasons an athlete like Vick stayed in the league was after his arrest and he got a chance in the NFL again under the Eagles he learned wow theres a lot I need to work on to become a better player at this position He committed to it and tried his best. He couldn't run some of the plays or still read a defense but at the very least he tried and that trying and learning a few things helped create a longevity he had in the nFL. 

3 minutes ago, CalBear said:

So you're saying that his early-career passing numbers, which were very impressive, don't count because it was a "gimmicky offense", whatever that means, and that his later-career passing numbers, which are still better than everyone I mentioned, don't count because "teams were playing soft defense."

So, I'll grant that if you ignore all of Kaepernick's actual results as an NFL quarterback, his results as an NFL quarterback don't look so good.

No because you are only piggybacking off his good numbers without taking into account how they were gotten. You are giving me the same argument as people who use to try and tell me MCW was a great rookie. No his numbers were great because he was one of the only real NBA talents on the team and the rookie class was godawful. We also don't care about his early career passing numbers. This is a what have you done for me lately league. After his career season SF he started to decline. Some of that is skillset other stuff is Harbaugh and company's offense became too blatant and he failed to hide Kaepernick's weaknesses. Harbaugh's offense to hs credit made sure to not try and make CK a traditional QB. 

49ers and Kaepernick summary season by Season Links included in article of other seasons

The Gimmick offense is The Read Option offense. THat's aways traditionally been a College offense and never ran much in the NFL. Yes some aspects are in the NFL but not a a base offense which I discussed many teams figured out after 2 yrs or so how to defend this as a base offense. This offense is what Oregon and Chip Kelly ran that has a lot of fancy antics that relied on athleticism rather then pure football talent at times. This offense hid weaknesses of QB's like Kaepernick, RG3, Cam Newton and others who ran it in college. Now some of these QBs had better arms and more accuracy then Ck or RG3 or had teams who's coaches found other ways to protect their QB and no expose his weaknesses as much. People will blame RG3s injury or Shanahan etc. But based on teammate reports RG3 is to blame as he was never committed to getting better. Me first guy didn't think he needed to practice etc. Kaepernick similar but he also was babied by others in the organization top people (RG3 was as well but not at as badly as CK). Other reasons Kaepernick is on a decline is HE"s AN ATHLETE not a QB. He's never shown he can be an accurate passer and his running skills have declined. 

In your argument you forgot to include in his last season the team I believe only won 1 game while as a starter. His Net yards lost (Pass yards -Sack yards lost on a Sack = NET YARDS LOST) was the worst in the league. He was sacked top 3 for a QB who didn't start the whole year. Blame the Offensive line all you want but many times it was do to CK holding onto the ball too long or he didn't read the defense. You also forgot that he was top 5 in fumbles lost for skilled position players. And finally he had the WORST STATISTICAL FOOTBALL GAME IN NFL HISTORY HIS LAST YEAR AGAINST A TERRIBLE BEARS DEFENSE. Chris Wessling said it best in this article. Kaepernick isn't in demand do to decline skill set and his unwillingness to admit he's not an NFL starter. If I were to sign CK it'd be on a league minimum as my QB3-4 and tell him there's no guarantee at a roster. That's all he deserves at this point in his career. 

Wessling: politics aside Kaepernick biggest issue is skill set

here's another one from ESPN as well

Skill set not politics is why Kaepernic is unsigned

I should also mention no one is looking to sign a soon to be 31 YRs old as their starter. 

On 4/14/2018 at 8:09 AM, Ilov80s said:

I’m just putting more of my trust in a labor lawyer and NFL expert than you. 

Florio's just advocating a position -- one that he knows brings him a bunch of clicks -- mostly from those that disagree with him.  Take a look at Westlaw or Lexis and you'll find plenty of times where the Courts did not agree with positions Florio advanced on behalf of his clients.

The moment I'm waiting for is when one of the players says that they want to kneel/stand forward/do jumping jacks/etc for gun rights, blue lives matter, or for victims of abortions or some other non-liberal viewpoint.  Now that the NFL has opened up its game and the national anthem for "protests" or demonstrations, they would be hard pressed to stop any demonstrations irrespective of the point being advanced.

27 minutes ago, wakelawyer said:

Florio's just advocating a position -- one that he knows brings him a bunch of clicks -- mostly from those that disagree with him.  Take a look at Westlaw or Lexis and you'll find plenty of times where the Courts did not agree with positions Florio advanced on behalf of his clients.

The moment I'm waiting for is when one of the players says that they want to kneel/stand forward/do jumping jacks/etc for gun rights, blue lives matter, or for victims of abortions or some other non-liberal viewpoint.  Now that the NFL has opened up its game and the national anthem for "protests" or demonstrations, they would be hard pressed to stop any demonstrations irrespective of the point being advanced.

As it goes typically, 50% of lawyers are wrong. My point is not even that Florio is right. It's that he has a potentially legitimate argument worth hearing. Billy's take is that I am stupid and anyone that doesn't see things exactly like he does are also stupid.