Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Awesome

Colin Kaepernick

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 55m55 minutes ago

The #Raiders have signed QB Nathan Peterman to the practice squad, source said, not the 53-man roster. Jon Gruden has said in the past he loves him and now he gets him (updating an earlier tweet).

The Undefeated‏Verified account @TheUndefeated 53m53 minutes ago

Nathan Peterman becomes the 86th QB who has signed since Colin Kaepernick became a free agent.

Peterman this season:

Record: 0-4

Cmp%: 54.3

TD: 1

INT: 7

Released by Bills Nov. 12

Full list: https://theundefeated.com/features/33-quarterbacks-signed-before-colin-kaepernick-free-agent/

Edited by squistion

34 minutes ago, squistion said:

Nathan Peterman becomes the 86th QB who has signed since Colin Kaepernick became a free agent.

Peterman this season:

Full list: https://theundefeated.com/features/33-quarterbacks-signed-before-colin-kaepernick-free-agent/

Kaepernick has been  "BLACKBALLED", can't put it any more succinctly than this.

35 minutes ago, squistion said:

Peterman this season:

And not one of those 86 have any bearing as to why or why not Kaepernick has not been picked up.  For some reason some people just willfully completely ignore the business side of the equation.  But keep up the good fight!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

Kaepernick qualifies for a team's Practice Squad?

Because unless you are saying he would qualify for a practice squad, the Peterman signing has no relevance to Kaepernick's lack of signing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, larry_boy_44 said:

Kaepernick qualifies for a team's Practice Squad?

Because unless you are saying he would qualify for a practice squad, the Peterman signing has no relevance to Kaepernick's lack of signing.

:goodposting:

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Peterman this season:

86 ... that's it?

There'll be alot more, be patient 

• Like 1

Why is this an active topic in TSP? Kaep hasn’t played for a couple years, he’s not going to be signed, he can’t possibly have FF relevance or even NFL interest right now. The TPF topic I totally get. The TSP topic should be untouched maybe even locked until he shows up on a practice field again.  This is a purely political topic.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Wait, you are saying Colin is why they went to the SB?!

I'm not here for comprehension lessons.

1 hour ago, irish eyes said:

Let it go Kaepernick lovers, he isn't getting signed. And it's a beautiful thing. He is garbage  and did it to himself, along with his racist girlfriend.  

Let it go Kaepernick haters.  Your complete hatred towards a man for trying to bring awareness for a real problem in this country is sad.  You're in complete denial because of a false sense of "patriotism" and your own racist attitude.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Why is this an active topic in TSP? Kaep hasn’t played for a couple years, he’s not going to be signed, he can’t possibly have FF relevance or even NFL interest right now. The TPF topic I totally get. The TSP topic should be untouched maybe even locked until he shows up on a practice field again.  This is a purely political topic.

If QBs keep getting signed not named Kaepernick (like with Peterman today) it is football related news and belongs in this forum. 

Edited by squistion

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

If QBs keep getting signed not named Kaepernick (like with Pederman today) it is football related news and belongs in this forum. 

What about other QBs that are unsigned?

Why don't you have a thread on Matt Moore not being signed?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, squistion said:

If QBs keep getting signed not named Kaepernick (like with Peterman today) it is football related news and belongs in this forum.

Actually that would be a thing about Kaepernick which is not happening. He didn't get signed, he isn't playing, he can't play since he's not even a backup, etc. - I have total respect for the thread in the TPF, but just because Kapernick played "football" doesn't mean he's relevant to FF or actual NFL games. He's not on the field, he's not going to see the field in the near future, and he hasn't been for some time. When he was under consideration by Seattle that was definitely interesting, but since, nothing. I am fascinated by the world of backup QBs, especially at FF playoff time. Taylor Heinicke is going to start vs the Saints, which is relevant to the NFL (home field advantage) and FF (hey Week 17 DST streamer). Taylor Heinicke has relevance in TSP right now, Kaepernick does not.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

56 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

What about other QBs that are unsigned?

Why don't you have a thread on Matt Moore not being signed?

I dunno, might be because neither Moore nor anyone else is claiming he is being blackballed from playing in the NFL for his political views.

Also, I haven't seen any articles or even one tweet arguing that the 34 year old Moore is a better player than those that have been signed since he became a free agent.

Edited by squistion

16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Actually that would be a thing about Kaepernick which is not happening. He didn't get signed, he isn't playing, he can't play since he's not even a backup, etc. - I have total respect for the thread in the TPF, but just because Kapernick played "football" doesn't mean he's relevant to FF or actual NFL games. He's not on the field, he's not going to see the field in the near future, and he hasn't been for some time. When he was under consideration by Seattle that was definitely interesting, but since, nothing. I am fascinated by the world of backup QBs, especially at FF playoff time. Taylor Heinicke is going to start vs the Saints, which is relevant to the NFL (home field advantage) and FF (hey Week 17 DST streamer). Taylor Heinicke has relevance in TSP right now, Kaepernick does not.

Agree but it's pretty easy to ignore the thread. It feels like it's the same 5 people posting here over and over 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, squistion said:

I dunno, might be because neither Moore nor anyone else is claiming he is being blackballed from playing in the NFL for his political views.

Also, I haven't seen many articles or even one tweet arguing that the 34 year old Moore is a better player than those that have been signed since he became a free agent.

He may not be better than some of the FAs, but he's better than Kap

:yes:

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Nope. He has never been more than a journeyman backup QB. Started some games due to injury but was never able to stick as the starter or attract attention from other teams whenever he was a free agent. To say he is or was better than Kaep is ludicrous.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Nope. He has never been more than a journeyman backup QB. Started some games due to injury but was never able to stick as the starter or attract attention from other teams whenever he was a free agent. To say he is or was better than Kaep is ludicrous.

To say Kap is being blackballed is ludicrous, doesn't stop you though, right?

11 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

To say Kap is being blackballed is ludicrous, doesn't stop you though, right?

Many players, NFL reporters and fans would not agree with that statement.

And not ludicrous, according to his lawyers who filed the grievance suit with NFL over this. Also the arbitrator who reviewed the initial claim, felt that Kaep had presented enough evidence to move forward to a grievance hearing. If this indeed was a frivolous or ludicrous claim the proceeding would have ended at that juncture, full stop - but it didn't. Whether Kaep or the NFL ultimately wins here remains to be seen, but I am certain that Goodell and the 32 owners are a bit nervous over the outcome.

Edited by squistion

51 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

:yes:

I'm honestly no Kaep fanboy, but you're completely delusional if you believe this.  Their careers back this up.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Deciding that a player is not worth the backlash is a business decision, not blackballing. 

A distinction without a difference.

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

A distinction without a difference.

No, the very clear difference is that teams are making a business decision on their own.  Unless you are charging that all 32 owners got together and agreed not to sign him because of his political views.  That would be blackballing.  Are you really suggesting that happened and is happening?  Because if not this thread really should go away.

9 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

No, the very clear difference is that teams are making a business decision on their own.  Unless you are charging that all 32 owners got together and agreed not to sign him because of his political views.  That would be blackballing.  Are you really suggesting that happened and is happening?  Because if not this thread really should go away.

The collusion claim is not contingent on all 32 teams blackballing Kaep - it only takes 2 teams or 1 team and the league office. From Kaep's standpoint the practical effect is the same, if it this is blackballing by one or more owner's and the league, or a business decision based on his political views.

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

The collusion claim is not contingent on all 32 teams blackballing Kaep - it only takes 2 teams or 1 team and the league office. From Kaep's standpoint the practical effect is the same, if it this is blackballing by one or more owner's and the league, or a business decision based on his political views.

So 2 (or 3 or 4) teams got together and decided that signing him is against their best interests, and the rest are acting independently?

And the impact to Kaepernick is immaterial. NFL owners aren’t obligated to act against their best interests. If there is collusion and he’s out of a job, he has a case. If there was no collusion and he’s out of a job—tough ####.

1 minute ago, Concept Coop said:

So 2 (or 3 or 4) teams got together and decided that signing him is against their best interests, and the rest are acting independently?

And the impact to Kaepernick is immaterial. NFL owners aren’t obligated to act against their best interests. If there is collusion and he’s out of a job, he has a case. If there was no collusion and he’s out of a job—tough ####.

Yes, that is all that will be needed to prove his case for collusion with the end result voiding the CBA, which many legal observers think is his objective here, not winning a big bucks settlement against the NFL.

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, that is all that will be needed to prove his case for collusion with the end result voiding the CBA, which many legal observers think is his objective here, not winning a big bucks settlement against the NFL.

Why would 2 owners get together and trade promises not to sign him? That doesn’t make sense to me. 

Regardless of what you think of him, the media attention has made him toxic. It’s pretty easy for me to see why he hasn’t been signed. I wouldn’t sign him—and I really don’t care about his protest. 

6 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Why would 2 owners get together and trade promises not to sign him? That doesn’t make sense to me. 

Regardless of what you think of him, the media attention has made him toxic. It’s pretty easy for me to see why he hasn’t been signed. I wouldn’t sign him—and I really don’t care about his protest. 

All of this, obviously 

13 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

From a legal standpoint, if two owners actually did make such an agreement, it doesn't matter if it was dumb, stupid, or nonsensical on their part - their agreement (if it can be proved, and that is a big if) would be enough for Kaep to win his case.

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

From a legal standpoint, if two owners actually did make such an agreement, it doesn't matter if it was dumb, stupid, or nonsensical on their part - their agreement (if it can be proved, and that is a big if) would be enough for Kaep to win his case.

That fact doesn’t make it any more likely. It doesn’t make sense. There’s no incentive. And you mentioned all of these QBs getting jobs—that’s more than two teams.

If you’re willing to grant that the large majority of owners acted independently, why would you believe a small number colluded with each other? What do they benefit from that, even?

I find it hard to believe that folks are taking the collusion allegation seriously. 

1 hour ago, Concept Coop said:

That fact doesn’t make it any more likely. It doesn’t make sense. There’s no incentive. And you mentioned all of these QBs getting jobs—that’s more than two teams.

If you’re willing to grant that the large majority of owners acted independently, why would you believe a small number colluded with each other? What do they benefit from that, even?

I find it hard to believe that folks are taking the collusion allegation seriously. 

It doesn't have to make sense if they actually did it. Vindictiveness against Kaep for being "uppity" may have been the incentive, "Let's show him for disrespecting the anthem, flag, veterans and this country!"

Edited by squistion

5 hours ago, Shawnky said:

Let it go Kaepernick haters.  Your complete hatred towards a man for trying to bring awareness for a real problem in this country is sad.  You're in complete denial because of a false sense of "patriotism" and your own racist attitude.

I'm always intrigued by people that somehow feel their opinion is so irrefutable that they have the right to tell others how to think.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Casting Couch said:

... nah, don't wanna get in trouble ...

Edited by DallasDMac

13 hours ago, squistion said:

It's not football related b/c Colin has nothing to do w/football anymore. He's just a regular Joe...

6 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

It's not football related b/c Colin has nothing to do w/football anymore. He's just a regular Joe...

He's not a regular Joe...come on now. 

But as stated before this thread doesn't need to be updated because he's got zero fantasy relevance. 

10 hours ago, squistion said:

It doesn't have to make sense if they actually did it. Vindictiveness against Kaep for being "uppity" may have been the incentive, "Let's show him for disrespecting the anthem, flag, veterans and this country!"

Your pretzel logic is mind numbing.  The clear and obvious answer is that his talent, while better than some that are playing in the NFL, is not at the level that would offset teams perceive dbad publicity and circus that would invariably surround him.   Your use of the term uppity indicates that you think that this is racially motivated. Which again is absurd.  The idea that a bunch of owners got around and said we are going to show him, is just as absurd. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Shawnky said:

Oh, so I'm a racist. I didn't realize that was allowed on this forum . Calling other people racist when you dont even know the person. Knowing what the mods in here give warnings for I'm sure this WON'T be one of those. But anyway, I'm not a racist. I didnt call someone an uncle tom or a slave trader like Kaepernick's trashy woman. So crawl back in your hole and cry for the injustice that you THINK this is about.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

I'm always intrigued by people that somehow feel their opinion is so irrefutable that they have the right to tell others how to think.

Funny you quote me yet leave the post this was in response to out.   Nice selective thinking there to refute your own opinion.

4 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Oh, so I'm a racist. 1. I didn't realize that was allowed on this forum . Calling other people racist when you dont even know the person. Knowing what the mods in here give warnings for I'm sure this WON'T be one of those. But anyway, 2.I'm not a racist. I didnt call someone an uncle tom or a slave trader like Kaepernick's trashy woman. So crawl back in your hole and cry for the injustice that you THINK this is about.

1.  Which is exactly what you did.  Just playing a card from your hand to expose that fragile ego you have.

2.  If you have to say this, chances are it applies.  Anyone who truly wasn't would just laugh and let it go.

No one is crying for injustice.  I'm just here to expose the double standards and the all out hate people like yourself continue to spew on here as if your opinions are valid......which they aren't.  Only in the eyes of all the butthurt folks like you still bringing up this nonsense.

1. I didnt call anyone posting in this forum a racist. Maybe you should try comprehending a sentence. I called Kaepernick's trashy girlfriend racist & backed it up with her own stupid statements. 2. The fact that I say I'm not racist doesn't make me one. And I dont have a fragile ego. I'm just not going to stand by & not say anything while some idiot like you spews crap about me.

17 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Saying you’re not racist means that you are now?!

Yes, that is the logic they have reverted to. It's sad

• Like 1

Amazing how fast this thread starts looking like the other one.  We should leave this thread to discuss his on field accolades.  If someone wishes to complain about random QB being signed to the practice squad on some team, a squad Kaepernick is not even eligible for, than that should really go into the other thread. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

1. I didnt call anyone posting in this forum a racist. Maybe you should try comprehending a sentence. I called Kaepernick's trashy girlfriend racist & backed it up with her own stupid statements. 2. The fact that I say I'm not racist doesn't make me one. And I dont have a fragile ego. I'm just not going to stand by & not say anything while some idiot like you spews crap about me.

So you know her then.  And you weren't spewing crap about someone you don't know.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Yes, that is the logic they have reverted to. It's sad

What's sad is the point going over some of your heads.  Maybe you should read all the posts leading up.