What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Sunday tourneys should be interesting with all the Turkey Day power players missing. JAX's offensive revival is revealing a lot of nice values vs. TEN.

I too chopped for first. Same team also came in 9th out of 1100+. And.....beat Condia again in a head-to-head. Lol.

'The Captain said:
'Goooals said:
I too chopped for first. Same team also came in 9th out of 1100+. And.....beat Condia again in a head-to-head. Lol.
What's the story on Condia? He's all over the place. FBG? Or big time gambler?
he is a kid that has money to burn. thats all

Draft street is dead to me. Apparently every lineup that I put together on wednesday night did not complete. I have done this for two years and have only messed up and had an incomplete lineup one time so it's not like I can screw up in 8 leagues. Also, the one time that I failed to click to complete the roster the site sent me an email stating that I need to complete the team before the cutoff or I will lose my funds. I did not get that. Now I have 8 leagues and 88 bucks dead giving a free win to my opponenets.

No response from them yet, although I've done a search and there have been some issues during certian windows of time. Apparently during these windows a lot of users get screwed and fanduel does not compensate. Kind of hard hundreds of people to have the same issue during the same "window". What people are referring to when using "window" is unknown. Maybe system updates, but I'd assume they would down the site then.

Despite the fact that I can sympathize with ROFL's situation, this is obviously not the right place for it. Also, couldn't tell if the issue was with Draftstreet or Fanduel? ...but I do think it could make for an interesting new thread.

Draft street is dead to me. Apparently every lineup that I put together on wednesday night did not complete. I have done this for two years and have only messed up and had an incomplete lineup one time so it's not like I can screw up in 8 leagues. Also, the one time that I failed to click to complete the roster the site sent me an email stating that I need to complete the team before the cutoff or I will lose my funds. I did not get that. Now I have 8 leagues and 88 bucks dead giving a free win to my opponenets.No response from them yet, although I've done a search and there have been some issues during certian windows of time. Apparently during these windows a lot of users get screwed and fanduel does not compensate. Kind of hard hundreds of people to have the same issue during the same "window". What people are referring to when using "window" is unknown. Maybe system updates, but I'd assume they would down the site then.
in the past, the DS site was slow when it had too many users on, usually right before kickoff. this lead to people not being able to complete their lineups. i know DS has refunded all of those lineups back then. in this case though, the fault was on your end. if you are over budget, do not submit a full lineup or try to leave without saving your team, it gives you a warning that you must click to continue. i don't know what you are upset about.

Draft street is dead to me. Apparently every lineup that I put together on wednesday night did not complete. I have done this for two years and have only messed up and had an incomplete lineup one time so it's not like I can screw up in 8 leagues. Also, the one time that I failed to click to complete the roster the site sent me an email stating that I need to complete the team before the cutoff or I will lose my funds. I did not get that. Now I have 8 leagues and 88 bucks dead giving a free win to my opponenets.No response from them yet, although I've done a search and there have been some issues during certian windows of time. Apparently during these windows a lot of users get screwed and fanduel does not compensate. Kind of hard hundreds of people to have the same issue during the same "window". What people are referring to when using "window" is unknown. Maybe system updates, but I'd assume they would down the site then.
in the past, the DS site was slow when it had too many users on, usually right before kickoff. this lead to people not being able to complete their lineups. i know DS has refunded all of those lineups back then. in this case though, the fault was on your end. if you are over budget, do not submit a full lineup or try to leave without saving your team, it gives you a warning that you must click to continue. i don't know what you are upset about.
My lineups never go over budget. I play with them for 10 minutes to get them in budget. I had 232 left over and I was running the same lineup for every league. And I guarantee I did not leave without saving in 8 leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Fan Duel needs to lose the kicker position. I've been playing Draft Street for a year and a half and enjoy no kicker, just started Fan Duel last week and don't like the kicker at all.

I've sat out for a while but had some $ sitting at draftstreet so put in a quick entry. 3 of my RBs injured. Instant loss. Good times.

I just missed a trip to Vegas. Came in 2nd and 11th (and 73rd and 91st) in the FFFC final week qualifier. It's sooooo frustrating and to now realize it was that last drive by Cam Newton that sealed my fate. Ouch!!!

Still happy to win nearly $1k but $150K woulda been better!!

Sweep my Late and Primetime 50/50s. Noticed several people with McCoy in their lineup and see Keading every week too.

Sweep my Late and Primetime 50/50s. Noticed several people with McCoy in their lineup and see Keading every week too.
Yep, Primetime has been the best bet for me. Hoping to break even for the week with a strong finish on Thursday, but currently down about $40 on $80 wagered.Lots of McCoy spotted, even in H2H lineups. I think the "Pros" tend to avoid Primetime, at least in the $1-$5 games that I play.

Yep, Primetime has been the best bet for me. Hoping to break even for the week with a strong finish on Thursday, but currently down about $40 on $80 wagered.Lots of McCoy spotted, even in H2H lineups. I think the "Pros" tend to avoid Primetime, at least in the $1-$5 games that I play.
Interesting. I've been playing $10-$25 50/50's, typically around 5-6 leagues a week, and I can't remember ever seeing a single team play an obviously out player, like McCoy, all year. Maybe the more profitable stragegy is to play tons of $1-$2 leagues as opposed to a handful of higher stakes.

Interesting. I've been playing $10-$25 50/50's, typically around 5-6 leagues a week, and I can't remember ever seeing a single team play an obviously out player, like McCoy, all year. Maybe the more profitable stragegy is to play tons of $1-$2 leagues as opposed to a handful of higher stakes.
I think this is pretty much a Primetime only phenomenon. I've been playing about $80-$100 week in $1-$2 "regular" sun/mon games & 1PM only, & they are populated by many of the same players as the higher stakes leagues. I haven't noticed obvious gaffes in those. However, I play more H2H & 3-5 man games on primetime due to the overall lack of larger tourney or larger 50/50 options, so maybe I just notice it more. I don't generally check out the competition's lineups in the earlier games, but do in the PT games.Still think it happens more in PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a great week for me. 2 for 3 in the 50/50's and 0 for 15 in the tourneys.

As some others have mentioned, it looks like the easiest path to winning cash is to put together your best lineup in the 50/50's

It's much tougher than I thought it would be to consistently be in the money in the larger tourneys.

Will go exclusively with 50/50's next week to see how that pans out. I just wish there were more of them.

Not a great week for me. 2 for 3 in the 50/50's and 0 for 15 in the tourneys.As some others have mentioned, it looks like the easiest path to winning cash is to put together your best lineup in the 50/50's It's much tougher than I thought it would be to consistently be in the money in the larger tourneys.Will go exclusively with 50/50's next week to see how that pans out. I just wish there were more of them.
For the higher $$ 50/50s (over $5) check the "11-20" box in the contest search. It think the key is to get in early, & then tweak your lineup later.For the $1-$5 50/50s, you need to keep entering throughout the week if you want have a bunch of $$ out. Seems like they will have 5 open games at a time in each dollar amount & time slot (thurs, sun, 1pm, sun only). Kind of a pain to keep track of once you're entered in a bunch of different contests.

6 of 50 teams started McCoy in my $1 primetime game.I'm 6 for 6 on primetime games this year. That said, 3 others didn't fill that I entered an hour in advance so you can't play a large volume here.

Killed it this week, mostly because 140-150 was really good, lots of overall low scores.

I never play late night stuff, too much mix of the same players.

Still sucking at NBA, won exactly ONE times in NBA of 6 tries.

I have to say that I've really enjoyed playing on FanDuel these past few weeks. I play very small stakes and I know I'm not making any money vs the time spent setting lineups and going back and editting them. However, I've always enjoyed drafting for Fantasy Football more than actually playing out the season. Even if I were losing money this is entertainment for me, just messing with different lineups at different salaries and then competing weekly. Like some of you I'm still playing with my $25 original entry through FBGs.

Now since I like playing around with numbers anyway, I've been tracking where I've been winning and where I've been losing. From what I've seen posted in here, the 50/50s are easy money for you guys. I must really suck at this then because I'm actually down overall on them.

I play 15-25 games per week($1,$2,occasionally $5) and here is how my wins/losses work out. I know this is a very small sample size to draw any conclusions from, but maybe some of you guys who've been playing longer can chime in on where you are most effective. I call anything over 100 entries a tournament.

(41) 50/50s net loss - 19% -$13 (won 20/41)

(59) Tournament net gain + 84% +$71.50 (placed in 11/59)

(6) 3 Player net loss - 61% -$4.30 (won 1/3)

(2) 5 Player Net loss - 100% -$3 (won 0/2)

(14) 10 Player net gain + 129% +$30.90 (1st-4,2nd-2, 3rd-1, 14 games)

(10) 20 player net gain + 50% +$10 (1st-1, 2nd-3, 10 games)

(2) 2 Player net loss - 100% -$4 (won 0/2)

(6) Freerolls +$50 (2nd-1, 6 games)

140 entries $210.00 wagered $348.10 won net gain $138.10

Apparently my lineups tend to be really good or really bad with not much in between. Hence, I'm thinking I'm better off in large leagues or tourneys. I generally never enter the same linup twice, but have many mixes of a few players that I like for the week. Usually have about 3-5 guys at each position I like each week.

Any thoughts/advice?

'Pantherz said:
I have to say that I've really enjoyed playing on FanDuel these past few weeks. I play very small stakes and I know I'm not making any money vs the time spent setting lineups and going back and editting them. However, I've always enjoyed drafting for Fantasy Football more than actually playing out the season. Even if I were losing money this is entertainment for me, just messing with different lineups at different salaries and then competing weekly. Like some of you I'm still playing with my $25 original entry through FBGs. Now since I like playing around with numbers anyway, I've been tracking where I've been winning and where I've been losing. From what I've seen posted in here, the 50/50s are easy money for you guys. I must really suck at this then because I'm actually down overall on them. I play 15-25 games per week($1,$2,occasionally $5) and here is how my wins/losses work out. I know this is a very small sample size to draw any conclusions from, but maybe some of you guys who've been playing longer can chime in on where you are most effective. I call anything over 100 entries a tournament.(41) 50/50s net loss - 19% -$13 (won 20/41)(59) Tournament net gain + 84% +$71.50 (placed in 11/59)(6) 3 Player net loss - 61% -$4.30 (won 1/3)(2) 5 Player Net loss - 100% -$3 (won 0/2)(14) 10 Player net gain + 129% +$30.90 (1st-4,2nd-2, 3rd-1, 14 games)(10) 20 player net gain + 50% +$10 (1st-1, 2nd-3, 10 games)(2) 2 Player net loss - 100% -$4 (won 0/2)(6) Freerolls +$50 (2nd-1, 6 games)140 entries $210.00 wagered $348.10 won net gain $138.10Apparently my lineups tend to be really good or really bad with not much in between. Hence, I'm thinking I'm better off in large leagues or tourneys. I generally never enter the same linup twice, but have many mixes of a few players that I like for the week. Usually have about 3-5 guys at each position I like each week. Any thoughts/advice?
You can smooth things out in the 50/50 by picking up the kicker on your QBs team. You're also generally better off taking White/Jones/Gonzo over Cruz/Thomas/Witten in the 50/50s where the later trio would be better in a contest.

You can smooth things out in the 50/50 by picking up the kicker on your QBs team. You're also generally better off taking White/Jones/Gonzo over Cruz/Thomas/Witten in the 50/50s where the later trio would be better in a contest.
Thanks BnB.Hadn't thought about the QB/K relationship. I will rethink my 50/50 strategy. I have been using certain QB/TE combos in tourneys alot. Ryan/Gonzo, Brady/Gronk(pre-injury), Romo/Witten, Palmer/Myers, etc. assuming if the QB has a big day I need a recipient or two. I usually also add in their top WR if they have a good one. My first two weeks were bad but lately every week has been pretty good.Good luck to you guys this week!

Thanks BnB.Hadn't thought about the QB/K relationship. I will rethink my 50/50 strategy. I have been using certain QB/TE combos in tourneys alot. Ryan/Gonzo, Brady/Gronk(pre-injury), Romo/Witten, Palmer/Myers, etc. assuming if the QB has a big day I need a recipient or two. I usually also add in their top WR if they have a good one. My first two weeks were bad but lately every week has been pretty good.Good luck to you guys this week!
I think those combos would work out well in a tourney. I suspect you wouldn't want to regularly run Martin/VJax or Bradshaw/Cruz in tourney's.

Users who are viewing this thread