Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Louisville Slugger

Julian Edelman going forward

Have had a crazy week. He just popped up on the injury report with a knee.

Nothing serious right?

I'll give him a call and get back with you.

Nothing serious right?

Well?

Nothing serious right?

Well?

I talked to him.

He's good to go.

And he gave me a recipe for cauliflower-cheddar muffins.

Nothing serious right?

Well?

I talked to him.

He's good to go.

And he gave me a recipe for cauliflower-cheddar muffins.

Starting Dem Thomas over Edelman with this news. He's bound to be logy and gassy from those muffins.

Nothing serious right?

He's still on the report with a knee, is it just the same as last week and he's basically fine or anything to worry about down the road here? Thinking of trading for him in a keeper league but trying to figure out the value and cost.

The main thing that scares me about him is gets blown up on about half his catches. He's a tough as hell little dude but one of these hits will put him out. Just going to enjoy the ride this year.

Lewis going down might mean a few more throws his way as well.

I don't normally advocate for handcuffing receivers but I agree with the General. Edelman owners should really look into acquiring Amendola right now, coming off two bad weeks. His value would skyrocket in the event of an injury on one of those hard hit.

• Like 1

I don't normally advocate for handcuffing receivers but I agree with the General. Edelman owners should really look into acquiring Amendola right now, coming off two bad weeks. His value would skyrocket in the event of an injury on one of those hard hit.

I totally agree did this a couple of weeks ago.

I was going to do this about four weeks ago, but another guy placed a pretty significant bid on him (around 10%) and outbid me.

As for his knee, he's fine:

(RotoWire) Edelman (knee) is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Giants, ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: After practicing fully Friday, Edelman -- who is in the midst of a career year -- looks good to go this weekend. Halfway into the Pats' 2015 slate, Edelman is currently on pace to rack up 114 catches for 1,278 yards and 14 TDs

Just got ankle rolled up on. He kind of limped off field and had trainers looking at him. Hopefully he is back out there on next drive but his reaction didn't look very good.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Will NE bring in another WR to look at and if so, who might it possibly be?

Edited by xenon

Will NE bring in another WR to look at and if so, who might it possibly be?

Ochocinco! Seriously tho, with Welker gone what WR is even out there thats not already on a team? I would guess they go Amendola, Dobson, LaFell and bring up the practice squad guy right?

Doubt they sign anyone who will have an impact. Too late in the season.

Gronk, Dola and Lafell will have to pick up the slack. Hopefully Chandler gets involved and doesn't maintain his Dobson-esque stonehands.

Edited by Run It Up

Gronk/lafell/Amendola/blount and either dobson or chandler will get a lot of time together.

White/Bolden will rotate in and will play wr in five wide sets.

Slater is their emergency wr. Of course, he got dinged up today, too. But he's another option if it comes to that.

Hope others did. Amendola's cost went through the roof yesterday.

Time to bump this. Made a new thread before I searched for this. Had to go 11 pages deep to find it.

Apparently he's back at practice.

What's the thought? Any fantasy relevance to be had from Edelman? Looks like he is back to limited practice two weeks earlier than Dez. Then dez came back 2 weeks after returning to limited practice. That would put him back week 16 if you follow that schedule (not that it will be the same timeline).

If he was active I think I would start him his first game back in my flex, especially since my team is going to be an underdog due to all my injuries this year.

Thoughts of carrying him over a back up TE or as your 5th WR? Interesting decision in leagues with small benches.

Why are people assuming he has the same injury Dez had?

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports Julian Edelman's foot injury is a "true Jones fracture."

The injury is the same one which cost Dez Bryant six weeks earlier this season. That timetable would make it extremely unlikely Edelman returns in the regular season, but it would lend credence to the multiple reports he has a chance to return this year. With New England seemingly on their way to a first-round bye, Edelman could be back healthy in time for every playoff game. Either way, Edelman is almost certainly done for the fantasy season. Danny Amendola needs to be added in all formats.

Bull#### he needs to get his ### on the field week 15.

Point to a single news source that has stated anything other than "back for NFL playoffs at the earliest"

Sorry, huge pats fan here, but they need him healthy for the REAL NFL playoffs.... I owned him too but belichick doesn't care about anyone's FF team. He's super bowl or bust. :shrug:

Why are people assuming he has the same injury Dez had?

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports Julian Edelman's foot injury is a "true Jones fracture."

The injury is the same one which cost Dez Bryant six weeks earlier this season. That timetable would make it extremely unlikely Edelman returns in the regular season, but it would lend credence to the multiple reports he has a chance to return this year. With New England seemingly on their way to a first-round bye, Edelman could be back healthy in time for every playoff game. Either way, Edelman is almost certainly done for the fantasy season. Danny Amendola needs to be added in all formats.

Meh.. This report is misleading. No two breaks are "the same one".

Taking NFL beat writers as a source for medical information is a bad call.

eta - Doctors making a prognosis based on information from NFL beat writers might be worse.

Edited by matuski

Point to a single news source that has stated anything other than "back for NFL playoffs at the earliest"

Sorry, huge pats fan here, but they need him healthy for the REAL NFL playoffs.... I owned him too but belichick doesn't care about anyone's FF team. He's super bowl or bust. :shrug:

Belichick cares about winning every single game. If he was Super bowl or bust he wouldn't leave Brady in when games are well in hand. He never pulls punches. When Edelman can go, he will go.

if he does and you start him then you will probably be disappointed.

The OL is playing terribly allowing Brady to get hit 32 times the last three weeks. All those snap N throw passes could help, anything really to not make it seem like they can rush 11.

The way I figure is he practiced and they'll see how/if it swells and how he feels after. Maybe he does some warmup drills today and again see how it feels. His patented sharp cuts, gotta figure he needs a good strong foot and couldn't limp his way through a game. I have zero expectation for today but next week is surely a we'll see type situation.

I don't think you can say today whether he will or not, gotta wait N see how the foot holds up.

As far as BBs lack of reporting injuries, reporters are allowed to say if someone looked good in practice or if he did all the drills. They'll see an open practice next week so we'll probably have a better inclination then