What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
"Why are you kissing my hand?"

"Where is your other hand?"

"between two pillows..."

"THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!!"

Best Thanksgiving movie ever. Lot of good 1 liners in this one, what have you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a kid, there were 4 people that were my Mt Rushmore of comedy, Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, and John Candy.

"You're going the wrong way. You're going to kill somebody!"

"He says we're going the wrong way."

"Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?"

(I would have posted the scene from the rental car counter, but I don't want to blow up the language filter.)

(I would have posted the scene from the rental car counter, but I don't want to blow up the language filter.)
Here is the beginning:"You can start by wiping that chirpy, perky smile off your rosy cheeks, then you can give me an automobile!!"

Here is the beginning:"You can start by wiping that chirpy, perky smile off your rosy cheeks, then you can give me an automobile!!"
There were three F-bombs in that sentence alone.

There were three F-bombs in that sentence alone.
A ####### Datsun...

Best line of the movie.

As far as holiday films goes one of the best. Both hilarious and touching. Two comedic actors who were pretty much at the top of their game on this one. It seemed like they really had an awesome chemistry going.

Candy's passing never got a proper treatment. Academy Awards really blew it by not doing an extended package honoring him. Would have been a deservedly huge ovation.

Watch, they'll announce a P,T&A remake with Jack Black and Dane Cook. They'll be shocked when it makes no money.

People trains runs outta...nnnnngggggkkkk...Stubville.
This scene has a great half-second in it after Owen spits his tobacco and then wipes his mouth. Martin leans into frame to shake his hand immediately afterward and the tortured look on his face for that split second as he shakes the soiled hand and then leans back out of frame encapsulates everything that makes this movie great. There's really not a throw-away moment in the whole film. It's consistently hysterical and there's not an inauthentic or unnecessary frame in the entire movie. It's everything that comedy films should aspire to.Now, why the hell wasn't it on any channel I could find yesterday ?!?!?!

Riding the grey hound bus and Martin is singing coins in a wishing well. Candy breaks in with the Brady Bunch theme song. Laughing right now as I type!!!

People trains runs outta...nnnnngggggkkkk...Stubville.
This scene has a great half-second in it after Owen spits his tobacco and then wipes his mouth. Martin leans into frame to shake his hand immediately afterward and the tortured look on his face for that split second as he shakes the soiled hand and then leans back out of frame encapsulates everything that makes this movie great. There's really not a throw-away moment in the whole film. It's consistently hysterical and there's not an inauthentic or unnecessary frame in the entire movie. It's everything that comedy films should aspire to.Now, why the hell wasn't it on any channel I could find yesterday ?!?!?!

Three coins in a fountain.....anyone...you know that one?

That's my friend...Neil Page everyone.

Flinstones...meet the Flintstones.

True story. myself my brother in-law and my best friend went to Rush up in Tampa in 2010 (went again this past month as well) and on the shuttle bus back to the Hard Rock Hotel some geeked up Rush fans were singing Working Man.....we all looked at each other and started singing Three Coins in a Fountain....priceless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best scene not yet mentioned; when they get pulled over driving the burned out car. The deadpan delivery by McKean is perfect.

What the hell are you driving here?

We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time.

Do you have any idea how fast you were going?

Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going.

78 miles per hour.

78 huh? Well you'd know better than us.

One of the best job titles ever:

"Director of Sales for American Light & Fixtures shower curtain ring division"

Sales pitch:

"These were originally hand-crafted for the grand wizard of China back in the 4th century. These of course these aren't the originals, but they are replicas, very good replicas too."

Watched it last night too. Candy shouid have won an oscar.

Also, is that Neil's second wife? She's quite the chippy.

And is that the home alone house they're in?

And is that the home alone house they're in?
No, but the "Home Alone" house is located just a few miles away.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2012/05/21/for-sale-steve-martins-classic-colonial-from-the-movie-planes-trains-automobiles/

More trivia: recognize this building? It's the courthouse where the guys end up after the car is impounded.

The same building can be seen in several scenes of "Groundhog Day": http://huskielife.niu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/courthouse.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread