What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official X-Men Thread: Dark Phoenix is up next (1 Viewer)

I liked the comic version of Days of Futures Past. Even though my favorite characters were dying, they were in their prime. I hate watching my heroes grow old. 

I still liked the movie. Seeing Xavier battle senility hurt more than the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redoing my Xmen movie tiers (not including Deadpool as that is kind of its own category IMO)

Tier 1: DOFP, Logan, First Class

Tier 2: X-Men 2, X-Men

Tier 3: The Wolverine, Apocalypse

Tier 4: X-Men 3, Wolverine Origins

This is a great ranking.  I'll also go 4 tiers:

Tier 1: Logan, DOFP, X2, First Class, X-Men

Tier 2: 

Tier 3: The Wolverine, Apocalypse

Tier 4: Wolverine Origins, X3

wow good

Thought it was really really good. I was emotionally drained

and it was a little dusty when

she called him dad

Reveal hidden contents

... I cried for like 30 minutes at the last scene, not even a soft tear either, bawling like a baby.
I realize I am quoting posts made over a month ago so feel free to ignore

I went to see it with my two teen daughters, having just moved back to Denmark from Peru (they have been in DK with their mom the whole time). I've seen them every two to three months for the two years I was in Peru but it's not the same.

This was the first movie we saw together since I've been back. I couldn't have chosen better.

I realize I am quoting posts made over a month ago so feel free to ignore

I went to see it with my two teen daughters, having just moved back to Denmark from Peru (they have been in DK with their mom the whole time). I've seen them every two to three months for the two years I was in Peru but it's not the same.

This was the first movie we saw together since I've been back. I couldn't have chosen better.

It was a good movie and I am sure it is awesome for a daddy daughter thing if the daughter is old enough. I like my wolverine all ripped up and kicking ###, not looking and feeling like he is 50.

Haven't read entire thread, so sorry if discussed before.

Watched "X-Men Days of Future Past" the other evening with the wife (it was on FX as we were flipping through channels).  We saw the "Quicksilver scene" in the kitchen area of the pentagon as they are breaking Magneto out.  This raised a question between my wife and I....

All the guards ask our main characters to freeze or be shot, and then all fire their weapons.  Quicksilver then puts on his headphones and has a song playing, which I guess we are viewers are led to believe is what he's listening to - but the song is in "real speed" while he's in "ultra fast speed".  He takes out all the guards, alters the path of the bullets, and steals a pretty sweet hat - all of which take at most half a second in real speed.  But we hear a good 30 seconds or so of his song (Time in a Bottle).

So, does he have an "ultra fast version" of time in a bottle on his walkman?  Or, as my wife believes, is he so fast that he's actually able to alter time around him of certain things (like the people around him, but not the song he's listening to).  Or is this just an error in the movie?

Haven't read entire thread, so sorry if discussed before.

Watched "X-Men Days of Future Past" the other evening with the wife (it was on FX as we were flipping through channels).  We saw the "Quicksilver scene" in the kitchen area of the pentagon as they are breaking Magneto out.  This raised a question between my wife and I....

All the guards ask our main characters to freeze or be shot, and then all fire their weapons.  Quicksilver then puts on his headphones and has a song playing, which I guess we are viewers are led to believe is what he's listening to - but the song is in "real speed" while he's in "ultra fast speed".  He takes out all the guards, alters the path of the bullets, and steals a pretty sweet hat - all of which take at most half a second in real speed.  But we hear a good 30 seconds or so of his song (Time in a Bottle).

So, does he have an "ultra fast version" of time in a bottle on his walkman?  Or, as my wife believes, is he so fast that he's actually able to alter time around him of certain things (like the people around him, but not the song he's listening to).  Or is this just an error in the movie?
please see my response in the other thread.  That should help explain it.

Finally saw Logan tonight. What a fantastic film. Jackman should get an Oscar nomination for this. Film hit all the right notes on every level. So well done. 
Saw last night and agree. Loved it. Depressing though. Is there any other backstory regarding where all the mutants are or what happened?  Did the corn syrup kill them??

Also, I am really confused about where this fits in the timelines. After days of future past, what disappeared?  They still referred to the Statue of Liberty from the first Xmen here. 

Saw last night and agree. Loved it. Depressing though. Is there any other backstory regarding where all the mutants are or what happened?  Did the corn syrup kill them??

Also, I am really confused about where this fits in the timelines. After days of future past, what disappeared?  They still referred to the Statue of Liberty from the first Xmen here. 
I don't think it's meant to fit in anywhere specifically since the timeline is such a mess to begin with. I'm fine with that.

As far as the mutants my take is that they were all poisoned through the corn syrup that Rice developed. And it was Xavier who killed off all the other X-Men. 

Also watched last night.  What was causing Wolverine to heal slower/limp - did whatever wiped out other mutants leave him jacked up? Arthritis? 

Also watched last night.  What was causing Wolverine to heal slower/limp -
years of poisoning from the adamantium.

It was shown in The Wolverine, that he was starting to slow his ability in regeneration.  This movie is much later in time, so the affects have increased.

NewlyRetired said:
years of poisoning from the adamantium.

It was shown in The Wolverine, that he was starting to slow his ability in regeneration.  This movie is much later in time, so the affects have increased.
In the Wolverine, the old guy put something in Logan to slow down his healing factor.

But the events of that movie seem to have been erased by DoFP, as Logan has his claws back and undamaged.

They do suggest in Logan that he is suffering from poisoning from the adamantium coating his skeleton.

Yeah, there was a bug or something in him in The Wolverine that stopped his healing. They ripped it out.

His breakdown in Logan seems to be solely from adamantium poisoning

Missed it in theaters and waited for the blu ray. Really really good.

Story I liked from the "Making of Logan" extra. Talking about the scene in the truck where Xavier and Logan snipe at each other like an invalid father and the son who has been forced to take care of him.

Hugh Jackman: I'll never forget, we were in the back of the car and we had finished this great scene we have in the car where we're having this argument. And Dafne, who is 11, she's just on the seat, watching, we call cut. And Patrick goes '<sighs>'. And Dafne said, "What's the matter, are you hot?"  And Patrick goes, "No, I was just sad. I'll never get to do that scene again."   And Dafne says, "Well you've got lots of..."  And he goes, "No Dafne, you don't understand. You will understand that the hardest thing about film is when you get a great scene like that. You only do it for one day in your life and it's gone." 

Jackman: And he looked at her and he said, "Make sure you do theater. Because when you get a great scene, at least you get to do it for six months every night.  And then you're ready for it to go."

Finally got around to seeing Logan. Great movie. Different than I expected. Guess the Professor and Wolverine are done. 

I'll certainly be checking it out, although we all know where the ending will lead. That being said, how will they make her death happen in light of the original series time continuity? . 
I get a headache thinking about all the different time lines, since it has gotten messy (to say the least).  We know that Logan wakes up in 2023 and Jean is alive.

Notably, Mystique us not shown in the new timeline, which may indicate she is the one who dies in Dark Phoenix (that is teased in the trailer above) and that maybe Jean lives at the end.

Although my guess is that the time line is so screwed up, they won't be too concerned about the end of DOFP.

Dark Phoenix  B. Sophie Turner is ok, the rest of the cast good. Plot us a little weak, but still enjoyable. 

Not surprised Jean Grey died and I can easily see her resurrected to circle back to the first X-Men. Just not sure how Raven would be brought back

Dark Phoenix  B. Sophie Turner is ok, the rest of the cast good. Plot us a little weak, but still enjoyable. 

Not surprised Jean Grey died and I can easily see her resurrected to circle back to the first X-Men. Just not sure how Raven would be brought back
I think this is the end of x-men as we’ve known them.  Future x-men will be MCU and likely totally different 

Users who are viewing this thread