What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CPAP machines (1 Viewer)

Have you ever used a CPAP machine?

• Yes

Votes: 122 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 234 65.7%

• Total voters

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Never knew about these previously, but it sounds like quite a few people around here are using them regularly. What's the deal?

If you have sleep apnea, it works wonders keeping your airway open.

I was stopping 74 times per hour breathing. Once I got it, I was sleeping better and felt more rested.

ETA: It also prevents you from dying like Reggie did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used one for almost a year now. Can't really say it's made a big difference for me, but it stops my snoring so the wife is happy. I usually take it off at some point in the night, my unconscious self must really hate wearing it.

Is it really preferable to wear this crap over just not having that 5th and 6th slice of pizza every other night?

Use one every night. Had a couple of sleep studies a few years back due to heavy snoring and fear of apnea. Turns out I have mild sleep apnea and the machine isn't really needed for that, but it knocks out my snoring and allows me to sleep in the same room as my wife.

Unlike others I don't get the well rested feeling from it though.

Could NOT get to sleep with this thing on. Tried it for 2 weeks. Finally opted for the surgery where they ripped out everything in my throat. The pain is so bad immediately after the surgery that you pretty much want to kill yourself, but once the pain goes away... happiness ensues.

Is it really preferable to wear this crap over just not having that 5th and 6th slice of pizza every other night?
Good info here. Since I weigh about 150 pounds, I guess I'll skip my doctor's referral and just get down to Starvin' Marvin's weight.

I didn't realize you could have sleep apnea and not be a lardass.

Suprisingly, I don't have sleep apnea. I don't use a CPAP but I know a couple people who do.

'AhrnCityPahnder said:
I didn't realize you could have sleep apnea and not be a lardass. Suprisingly, I don't have sleep apnea. I don't use a CPAP but I know a couple people who do.
I'm certainly not skinny, but they told me I wasn't a candidate really for sleep apnea until they did the sleep study and I had 84 events in 88 minutes.

'Raider Nation said:
Could NOT get to sleep with this thing on. Tried it for 2 weeks. Finally opted for the surgery where they ripped out everything in my throat. The pain is so bad immediately after the surgery that you pretty much want to kill yourself, but once the pain goes away... happiness ensues.
Details, plz. :hifive:

About 9 years for me. Was an absolute life changer. From the first time I wore it, I was feeling a million times better. Quality of life better, well rested, and tons of energy.

My sleep episodes were off the chart, so it was neccessary for me...

OH, and I am a lardass.

About 9 years for me. Was an absolute life changer. From the first time I wore it, I was feeling a million times better. Quality of life better, well rested, and tons of energy.My sleep episodes were off the chart, so it was neccessary for me...OH, and I am a lardass.
Add me to the life changer list. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs. and have had severe apnea since my late 20s. Been using one for more than ten years. I take it everywhere. Can not sleep one night without it. My wife loves it too. She says the noise from it lulls her to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread