What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hardcore 32-tm, IDP, ppr, contract dynasty needs replacements (2014) (1 Viewer)

PlasmaDogPlasma

Footballguy
Bumped for 2014

Hardcore Homers Fantasy League needs replacement owners for a few teams. I've started recruiting early because the league can be active nearly year-round.

MFL pages is here: http://www26.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/28616#0

This is a 32-team league with 38-man rosters and 19-man starting lineups. It's an IDP league with DT and CB separate from DE and S. The league has contracts, a salary cap, cap penalties for cutting players under contract, IR, and a practice squad. The league conducts a month-long free agency period in the spring as well as a 6-round rookie draft. During the season there is one blind-bidding waiver session per week.

The 'Homers' part refers to each franchise being named for an actual NFL franchise and requiring at least 8/38 roster spots to be used for players from that team. The team will also play the schedule of it's NFL counterpart including having a bye the same week. This gives 'homer' players the advantage of not needing bye weeks covered. Note that in order to play a full 16-game schedule we do play double-headers in weeks where no NFL teams have byes.

Another reason it's a 'Homer' league is that we try to match owners with their favorite NFL team whenever possible.

The league uses team positions for QB, K, and P (yes punters!). While this does take away the thrill of having a Colin Kaepernick stashed on your bench it does avoid teams getting stuck with no scoring players at those positions. The lineups are highly flexible for the other positions on both offense and defense.

League fees are $50/yr. We do require owners stay paid for 1 year in advance, so buying in is $100 total (2013 and 2014). When an owner decides to leave, he will receive a refund for the upcoming season when we find a paying replacement for his team.

We are going to have more turnover than usual this off season. 'Not enough time' was the reason given by every departing owner that gave a reason for leaving. Owners do need to be able to check the message board regularly and at least once a day during free agency and the draft.

As of now, the following teams are available:

Houston

The league's full constitution can be found here: http://forums.thehud...s-constitution/

Please PM me or post here if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested. My name Keith. My e-mail is irtr9206@yahoo.com. Just wondering if the teams are taken over as is or are you doing a dispersal draft. If the team is taken over as is, I'd be interested in Carolina or Saint Louis for obvious reasons.

I am really intrigued by your league constitution. If the Tennessee Titans ever open up - I'd love to join...

chaplainward120@yahoo.com

Updated the mfl link to the 2013 siteThe Bucs have the first pick in the rookie draft, another 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders.The Saints also have two first round picks.

This is an awesome league that is very competitive. I would also be willing to give up the Browns.

league fullanyone who wants to be on the waiting list in case a team opens can still pm me

Bump for the 2014 season.

As is an annual tradition, we're looking to fill some spots in our 32 team, homer based dynasty IDP league. This league has a lot of fun twists that truly make it one of a kind. It combines such elements as salary cap, contracts, franchise tag designations, various levels of free agency, compensation for lost FA, practice squad bidding, actual 16 week schedule with the seasons NFL opponents. Lots of intricate details that can be found here.

Here are the rosters of the open teams for now.

Patriots
Texans

You can check out the league forum here. You can also find a list of draft picks by team here.

PM me if you are interested or check in here

I love the rule where you can bid on players on other team DTS squads. Really ads lots of strategy...you cant just dump/drop projects on DTS, you need to actively manage your squad and sniper players from other teams.

This league rocks. If you are looking for a serious challenge that offers as good an NFL GM simulation as you can get, then you should really check this league out.

Users who are viewing this thread