playin4beer

Stephen King's "Under the Dome" coming to CBS

505 posts in this topic

Anybody make it through last night's episode??

I started it, but ended up dozing off... did it get any better?

The show is rapidly losing momentum. I'll give it another couple of weeks...

They need to keep killing off people until there is only one left standing when the dome opens up in episode 13.

They need to keep killing off people until there is only one left standing when the dome opens up in episode 13.

If the show starts to really stink, lack of adequate ventilation should get them all by episode 13...

If the show starts to really stink, lack of adequate ventilation should get them all by episode 13...

I honestly can't believe they are going to drag this out for 13 episodes.

:deadhorse:

Does BIG let her drown?? :popcorn:

I'm thinking he stops the water and leaves her there to protect Junior's secret. Or Junior catches him there and locks them both in.

I'm thinking he stops the water and leaves her there to protect Junior's secret. Or Junior catches him there and locks them both in.

In the upcoming show, they show Jr in a cop uniform, so this is my thought as well. It will not end well for father & son.

In the upcoming show, they show Jr in a cop uniform, so this is my thought as well. It will not end well for father & son.

Jerkface Sr. took too long to make nice with Psycho Jr.

No kidding. I tapped out after 2 and a half. The dome slicing the cow in two was the high water mark for me. Really boring show.

I'm really disapointed in this show. The book was infinitely better.

Yea, I am bailing from the show.

It's a shame, the book was very enjoyable. I didn't dislike the ending as much as others here so I may tune into the final episode to see how the show tackles it.

I'm sticking around to see what happens to Rachelle. :wub:

Edited by glock

aren't they going to run out of air? shouldn't all plant life be dry and/or dying soon?

I agree that it peaked in the first episode, but I like it enough to keep watching. I like that the season is only 13 episodes. Is that a first for a network show? Maybe they're learning from the cable channels.

aren't they going to run out of air? shouldn't all plant life be dry and/or dying soon?

The dome is semi-permeable, as shown by some water getting through when it was being hosed down.

I know you have to suspend some level of logic for a show like this to work. But, I would think the military outside of the dome would at least set up some type of visual communication with officials inside. Maybe a whiteboard so they can ask questions or something. :shrug:

I never read the book, so I'm interested enough to see what's going on that I'll stick with the show a little longer.

I made it through "Kingdom Hospital", I will do the same with this one.

No kidding. I tapped out after 2 and a half. The dome slicing the cow in two was the high water mark for me. Really boring show.

That's interesting because as a non-reader of this book, I actually thought that 13 episodes is small enough to keep me in it until the end. 3 episodes so far and while it certainly could be a lot better, I am game for only 10 more. No other shows over the summer.

Junior, how did you get that black eye?

Junior, what did you do to your hand?

*finds girl chained to a bed in bomb shelter*

joins sherriff's dept.

It's Big Jim's dome, they just live in it.

That's interesting because as a non-reader of this book, I actually thought that 13 episodes is small enough to keep me in it until the end. 3 episodes so far and while it certainly could be a lot better, I am game for only 10 more. No other shows over the summer.

I recall reading somewhere that the book ending won't work, so they're going down a different path

zzzzzzzz...

I know you have to suspend some level of logic for a show like this to work. But, I would think the military outside of the dome would at least set up some type of visual communication with officials inside. Maybe a whiteboard so they can ask questions or something. :shrug:

Unless they are being 'brainwashed' by the dome.. :tinfoilhat:I liked how that radio host chic read the lips of one of the military officials which gave them the heads up that they are going to bomb the dome- better than written communication. And now the outside world looks to be obliterated, like a nuclear bomb hit. I'm really liking this series. I think you have to be a die hard SK fan to really like some of his work that doesn't make sense.

I actually kinda like this show. Junior and the female cop are terrible actors, but I still feel there is some promise. If the ratings are anything like what this thread portrays, the show will not last long.

I actually kinda like this show. Junior and the female cop are terrible actors, but I still feel there is some promise. If the ratings are anything like what this thread portrays, the show will not last long.

The way it's portrayed on tv, it seems it's a pretty popular series.

Well at least they got rid of one of the creepier charactors.

I bet he heard that coming.

I agree that it peaked in the first episode, but I like it enough to keep watching. I like that the season is only 13 episodes. Is that a first for a network show? Maybe they're learning from the cable channels.

I'm not a big TV watcher. How many episodes is a normal season.

Well at least they got rid of one of the creepier charactors.

I bet he heard that coming.

I heard what you did there.

I'm not a big TV watcher. How many episodes is a normal season.

For new shows, 13 until they get picked up for a full season, then 22 to 24.

Loved the book and i'm in this until the end, but it's getting as bad as a daytime soap opera...

I am liking this show. They could have ended it all with a big bang in the last episode though! KABOOM - end of story!

I like how this series is bringing to light human strife and struggle in a tough and scary situation where people may do what normally they would not, and how the earth's resources is really limited even though irl it looks like it is unlimited. With issues being addressed irl about things like the gradual warming of the earth and how it is effecting things like the severity of storms over time- it effects all living things.

11 million viewers this week

“Under the Dome” won the rating race again Monday night, attracting 11.37 million viewers, up 2% from last week.

The CBS series, based on the book by Stephen King about a small town mysteriously trapped under a transparent dome, was by far the night’s most-watched and highest-rated show, scoring a 2.8 rating in adults 18-49, according to preliminary numbers from Nielsen. A ratings point translates to roughly 1.3 million viewers.

Edited by JoeSteeler

I like how this series is bringing to light human strife and struggle in a tough and scary situation where people may do what normally they would not, and how the earth's resources is really limited even though irl it looks like it is unlimited. With issues being addressed irl about things like the gradual warming of the earth and how it is effecting things like the severity of storms over time- it effects all living things.

I just like maturating to the redhead.

'Under the Dome' Renewed for Next Summer - Stephen King to Write Premiere

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/under-dome-renewed-next-summer-stephen-king-write-premiere-106576

"Under the Dome" has been renewed for next summer, and Stephen King will write the second season premiere.

CBS President Les Moonves made the announcements at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Monday. He filled in for CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler because a friend of Tassler's died Sunday.

"Under the Dome" has been a summer hit for CBS, scoring 13.7 million total viewers in its June premiere. Moonves said the show's viewership went up above 20 million viewers, including streaming and DVD.

Under a deal with Amazon, the series is available for streaming days after it airs on CBS. Moonves said he did not have exact numbers of Amazon viewers but said Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos sought him out recently to tell him how pleased he was with the arrangement.

That sucks.

I was only watching because I thought it was one season and done.

That sucks.

I was only watching because I thought it was one season and done.

:goodposting:

This is starting to feel a lot like "The Killing"...

I just like maturating to the redhead.

She is attractive. Love her curly hair..

'Under the Dome' Renewed for Next Summer - Stephen King to Write Premiere

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/under-dome-renewed-next-summer-stephen-king-write-premiere-106576

"Under the Dome" has been renewed for next summer, and Stephen King will write the second season premiere.

CBS President Les Moonves made the announcements at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Monday. He filled in for CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler because a friend of Tassler's died Sunday.

"Under the Dome" has been a summer hit for CBS, scoring 13.7 million total viewers in its June premiere. Moonves said the show's viewership went up above 20 million viewers, including streaming and DVD.

Under a deal with Amazon, the series is available for streaming days after it airs on CBS. Moonves said he did not have exact numbers of Amazon viewers but said Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos sought him out recently to tell him how pleased he was with the arrangement.

:pickle:

I'm not surprised. Die hard SK fans are happy, and there are a lot of them including myself! :clap: If you have Comcast, you can watch all the epis after it's aired On Demand.