What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting @ KC Chiefs facility--2 people shot (1 player) (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
per @JayGlazer:

Scary situation in KC right now as a player and another person have been shot at the Chiefs facility. Don't want to reveal player until his family knows

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually surprised this kind if thing dies t happen more often. The income disparity, egos, upbringing and highly competitive nature of the individuals and the business itself seem to naturally lead to great possibilities if discontent. Whether its a superstar player diva or a facilities man who feels invisible or slighted by uneducated millionaires. Hopefully everyone is ok and he gets caught.

Per Jeff Rosen, sports editor for the KC Tribune:

@jeff_rosen88:

Our news partner ch. 5 reporting #Chiefs player apparently killed his girlfriend and then himself this morning. Details to come...

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Players are being told to go Stadium for team meeting on what has gone down but more details I'm getting, not a good situation

Day before the game too.Maybe they need to suspend until Monday, seriously.

The first shooting was reported about 8 a.m. at a home near 54th Street and Chrysler Avenue. The second shooting was reported a short time later at a Chiefs practice facility located on the Arrowhead facility. Officials said the Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend and then drove to the practice facility where he shot and killed himself.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/police-chiefs-players-kills-girlfriend-then-kills-self

None of this is anything close to confirmed, nor do I know the source. Just stating what I am seeing on Twitter... The rumors are this was possibly done if front of coaches and/or teammates, most citing a combination of Crennel and Pioli.

None of this is anything close to confirmed, nor do I know the source. Just stating what I am seeing on Twitter... The rumors are this was possibly done if front of coaches and/or teammates, most citing a combination of Crennel and Pioli.
Might be something to this as Schefter tweeted about people at the Chiefs witnessing it.

It's a Chiefs home game tomorrow correct? That's a crime scene, so I don't know how they can play the game. That on top of the idea that it's 26 hours before and players won't even have a chance to digest this situation.

The Rosen link speculates that it is Javon Belcher :unsure:
Someone updated his Wiki page to reflect he died today.Guess they figure no sense waiting on confirmation when the twitterverse already blew up about it?
do they have the details of what happened on there yet?
"This article is about a person who has recently died or has been presumed dead.Some information, such as that pertaining to the circumstances of the person's death and surrounding events, may change rapidly as more facts become known. In the event that this article is disruptively edited following the death of the subject, please request administrator intervention on this page."Aww. So awesome he gets to tweet "FIRST!".

First paragraph in wiki

Jovan Allen Belcher (July 24, 1987 – December 1, 2012?[1]) was an American football linebacker with the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He played collegiately with the Maine Black Bears. He played defensive end during his junior and senior years, after switching to the position from outside linebacker where he played as sophomore and freshman. Channel 5 news in Kansas City are reporting Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend before shooting and killing his girlfriend. He then drove to the Chiefs stadium where he committed suicide.

First paragraph in wiki

Jovan Allen Belcher (July 24, 1987 – December 1, 2012?[1]) was an American football linebacker with the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He played collegiately with the Maine Black Bears. He played defensive end during his junior and senior years, after switching to the position from outside linebacker where he played as sophomore and freshman. Channel 5 news in Kansas City are reporting Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend before shooting and killing his girlfriend. He then drove to the Chiefs stadium where he committed suicide.
now it's 2 gf?request administrator intervention

'BeTheMatch said:
'cobalt_27 said:
Waiting for media to start blaming this on concussions.
Yeah, because those are just a myth that the media has concocted.
Concussions aren't a myth. They're very real. The hysteria surrounding concussions and CTE and suicides...now that's a more problematic scientific question. But, the media don't like complexities.

'BeTheMatch said:
'cobalt_27 said:
Waiting for media to start blaming this on concussions.
Yeah, because those are just a myth that the media has concocted.
Gee, how many former NFL players have committed suicide in the last few years? Some of these guys shot themselves in the chest so their brains could analyzed!

One of the twitter links to La Canfora reports that Belcher has a two-month old child...TRAGIC
:o :( Poor thing. What an ugly situation.
if family takes that kid in, what age do you think they break the news?
Hopefully they will have the help of professionals that are trained to handle such situations. Whenever they do, there is never a good time to hear that daddy shot mommy and then killed himself. :thumbdown:

One of the twitter links to La Canfora reports that Belcher has a two-month old child...TRAGIC
:o :( Poor thing. What an ugly situation.
if family takes that kid in, what age do you think they break the news?
Hopefully they will have the help of professionals that are trained to handle such situations. Whenever they do, there is never a good time to hear that daddy shot mommy and then killed himself. :thumbdown:
Given the child's age, do you even bother? Just wondering. Tough situation there.

@MikeGarafolo: RT @josephperson: Panthers interim GM Brandon Beane says league has advised team to travel as planned. Team charter leaves at 1:15 pm.

There must be a story about why he decided to end it at the team facilities. I am not sure I want to hear it, this is all pretty dark for me, but clearly he picked that spot for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread