Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
EBF

[DYNASTY] Golden Tate

Ugh... was hoping he would go to the Patriots.  Looks like we've found our 3rd best WR in the div.

How Golden Tate, Jabrill Peppers and the new Giants fit

Excerpt:

Golden Tate, wide receiver (four years, $37.5M with $23M guaranteed)

No player has more yards after the catch since 2014. That includes Beckham, who has played in 20 fewer games. That is the beauty of Tate. He has missed one game over the past eight seasons because of injury and has what one scout called "some understated p---k to him on the field." That's what makes Tate special. He doesn't have great size or speed but consistently makes plays after the catch. "Strong to the ball. Breaks tackles and creates after the catch in the short game," the scout added. "Turns into a running back with the ball in his hands." This should work well in coach Pat Shurmur's offense, which runs a lot of crossing routes and provides plenty of opportunity to make plays after the catch.

One problem could be that there is a little bit of redundancy with Tate playing alongside Sterling Shepard. "He's a solid slot," an executive said of Tate. Shepard (149) and Tate (144) are third and fourth in catches out of the slot since Shepard entered the league in 2016. Both can play outside but seem to be best out of the slot. Tate will turn 31 in August and is coming off a season in which his production dipped greatly. A third executive thought it was more scheme and role change going from Detroit to Philadelphia midseason than it was his age. The belief among all three executives is that Tate has some good years left in him.

I love him as a WR -- hope it works out at his advanced age.  :Shrugs:

Who stood out at Giants OTA practice? (5/23)

Excerpt:

WR GOLDEN TATE: Since he came into the league in 2010, the 5-foot-10, 197-pound receiver leads the NFL with 4,048 yards after the catch (Antonio Brown is second with 3,990). Eli Manning is looking to add to that total in the veteran receiver’s first season with the team. The two found a groove on Thursday, getting things started when Tate called for the fastball down the middle in a blitz period and Manning delivered a perfect strike in a tight window. Tate isn’t all about the catch-and-run, though. He can still make the tough ones, which was on display today and this past January when he caught the game-winning touchdown with 56 seconds left in Philadelphia’s playoff victory over Chicago.

22 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Might win appeal.

Looks like it. As long as he had a paper trail for procedure (and it seems like he did), he'll win. Of course, this is Goodell we're talking about.

Rotoworld take:

Golden Tate claims his four-game suspension for violating the PEDs policy stems from fertility treatment he was prescribed in April.

Tate states just days later he noticed the prescription "contained an ingredient" on the banned substance list, so he discontinued using it and informed an independent administrator, his coaches, and GM Dave Gettleman. Adam Schefter reported Tate's appeal will take place in early August, so the Giants will know his status for the first four games of the season well before Week 1. He’s not likely to win.

SOURCE: Golden Tate on Twitter

Jul 27, 2019, 11:44 AM ET

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

Anyone else get the email about tryouts for the Giants wide receiver position?

Told ‘em I have plantar fasciitis in both feet, they said I’d fit right in.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

14 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Anyone else get the email about tryouts for the Giants wide receiver position?

Giants and Redskins games are going to be awful to watch.  Doctson the best WR on the field for those games?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Giants and Redskins games are going to be awful to watch.  Doctson the best WR on the field for those games?

He wouldn't be the best WR on the field in a Peewee football game.

Just now, The Frankman said:

He wouldn't be the best WR on the field in a Peewee football game.

Who is in a NYG/WAS game?

3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Might win appeal.

3 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Looks like it. As long as he had a paper trail for procedure (and it seems like he did), he'll win. Of course, this is Goodell we're talking about.

Dr. Chao disagrees with both of you.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1155196495538225152

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1155211069524041728

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League

I'm PRETTY sure I remember a overturned PED suspension from awhile back after the player found out he took a substance on the list and voluntarily reported it to NFL officials before a bad test turned up. I'm looking at the list for PEDs but unfortunately I can't find it.

31 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League

I'm PRETTY sure I remember a overturned PED suspension from awhile back after the player found out he took a substance on the list and voluntarily reported it to NFL officials before a bad test turned up. I'm looking at the list for PEDs but unfortunately I can't find it.

Walker & a couple others when they revised the PED policy right before the 2014 season.

Read a tweet (sorry don’t remember who) that claimed fertility drugs are sometimes used as a masking agent for other PEDs.

:shrug:

I see this suspension being reduced or dismissed completely.  The NFL does not usually punish players harshly when they are upfront, honest and forthright and the incident is without intent.  This, IMO, falls under that category.

An NFL source tells SNY there is "almost no way" Golden Tate wins the appeal of his four-game suspension.

Sources tell reporter Ralph Vacchiano the "best Tate could hope for" is getting his ban reduced from four games to three, and that even that is a long shot. Tate has a compelling story of accidentally taking a banned fertility substance then self reporting the violation, but it doesn't matter in the NFL's eyes.

SOURCE: SNY

Jul 30, 2019, 2:43 PM ET

smells like BS.  these guys make millions of dollars and are surrounded by doctors and nutritionists.  if someone tells them to take cold medicine, they are instructed to have it analyzed.

• Like 1

Golden Tate lost the appeal of his four-game suspension.

This was widely expected despite Tate self-reporting the violation to the NFL after taking a banned fertility substance. The Giants will need a healthy Sterling Shepard (thumb) and Evan Engram to shoulder the load alongside Saquon Barkley.

SOURCE: Giants on Twitter

Aug 13, 2019, 3:34 PM ET

Golden Tate is in the concussion protocol.

He's going to miss this week's dress rehearsal. Tate is suspended the first four games, so he has plenty of time to recover. The Giants would be smart not to rush him back.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports

Aug 19, 2019, 10:05 AM ET