What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In Ear headphones (1 Viewer)

PinkydaPimp

Footballguy
I need to get a new pair of In ear headphones. I previously had a pretty cheap pair and after getting shocked a few times, it is time to invest in a good pair. I have used Shure's in the past and they were great. Does anyone have any other recommendations on a good pair? It would be ideal if they included a mic, however, thats not required. Most important as that they dont fall out while running and that i can easily store them in my pocket when not wearing them.

:popcorn:

Not sure what your budget is, but I'm a huge fan of the Bose ie2 in ear headphones. If you sweat a lot, get the sport version. They have versions of both that come with a mic and volume control, but make sure you get the Apple version if you use an iPhone.

Not sure what your budget is, but I'm a huge fan of the Bose ie2 in ear headphones. If you sweat a lot, get the sport version. They have versions of both that come with a mic and volume control, but make sure you get the Apple version if you use an iPhone.
Bose are fantastic. Agreed.

Bose are fantastic. Agreed.
I tried the Shure headphones previously and hated them for running as they created a seal in the ear that would result in pressure every time your foot hit the pavement.

i would like to spend less than $300 ideally. however, i would pay more if i found an exceptional product.got a link to these?

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta disagree with getting the Bose headphones. The sound quality is solid but not good enough to be worth the $150 price tag. You can get a much better sound quality from Klipsch for half the price.

My main issue with Bose is that they are not that durable. I bought a pair about 2 years ago. Within less than a year, each bud randomly stopped working. A $150 pair of headphones that lasts less than a year is completely unacceptable. I called the company to complain and they gladly sent me a new pair (huge plus for this company). The second pair also lasted about a year. Same issue, they simply stopped working. I could not recommend this product to anyone.

I gotta disagree with getting the Bose headphones. The sound quality is solid but not good enough to be worth the $150 price tag. You can get a much better sound quality from Klipsch for half the price. My main issue with Bose is that they are not that durable. I bought a pair about 2 years ago. Within less than a year, each bud randomly stopped working. A $150 pair of headphones that lasts less than a year is completely unacceptable. I called the company to complain and they gladly sent me a new pair (huge plus for this company). The second pair also lasted about a year. Same issue, they simply stopped working. I could not recommend this product to anyone.
Odd. I've run hundreds of miles with mine using them nearly daily for 3 plus years and haven't had a single problem. The thing I really like about the Bose are the plastic ear inserts that hold it in place. Incredibly stable and far better than the things that loop over your ear. Hate those. Never had an ear bud fall out and I don't have to jam the bud into my ear canal to hold it in place.P.S. Just remembered that a few months ago, my wife had put my shorts in the wash with the Bose headphones still in the pocket. After a full wash and dry cycle, they still worked perfectly.

i would like to spend less than $300 ideally. however, i would pay more if i found an exceptional product.got a link to these?
On my phone, so no link. Do an Amazon search for Bose in ear headphones.

Bose are the best for in ear. I have had the same pair for 4 years now, bought them on Amazon for about $40 brand new.

It would be ideal if they included a mic, however, thats not required. Most important as that they dont fall out while running and that i can easily store them in my pocket when not wearing them.
I like these for serving tennis balls or hitting against a practice wall and they never fall out...http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007IL4ROE... they are pretty sweat proof and if you run in a wet climate it would seem to me they would hold up better than most.They also have this model that has a built in mic....http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VTZPO8/... and at those prices you can easily afford both, one pair for running and one for the rest of the day. I've never used the model with a mic so I'm not sure how good that function is but I've been impressed with the sound quality of other models in the line.Serious question, when you're running do you really think you can tell the difference between a $50 pair of earbuds and a $250 pair of earbuds? I would think the noise around you(and your heart rate/breathing etc) would make the difference negligible.

Again, I'd be wary of using any ear bud that creates a seal in the ear canal if you're going to be running.

I just bought these on tiger direct. They are normally $180 but are $29.99 today only and free shipping. Monster
Nice find - thanks for posting it. I just ordered a pair of the blue ones. I've always favored the inexpensive Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds, so we'll see how much of a difference sound-wise the more expensive earbuds make.

So what's the latest? Need to buy some for a ski trip next week. However, will use them mostly for running. I guess I'd prefer an all-around headphone which I'd also be happy with for travel and non-active stuff...but that's not a priority. Fit (don't fall out or start to hurt) and sound-quality are most important.

:popcorn:

ETA: I've been wearing THESE for the last half-hour or so and am already feeling discomfort in one side. Otherwise, they are great as far as sound goes. And it certainly feels like they would never fall out.

Never understood paying a lot for headphones, especially earbuds. At least from my experience, they malfunction/break surprisingly easily, and typically when I wear them, Im doing something else (working out, errands, etc) Im using them not for sound quality but just to give me music.

1saleaday.com has good deals on headphones pretty frequently. Right now they just have really low-end stuff (here and here), but the selection changes daily and it's often substantially cheaper than Amazon.

1saleaday.com has good deals on headphones pretty frequently. Right now they just have really low-end stuff (here and here), but the selection changes daily and it's often substantially cheaper than Amazon.
Guess I have to subscribe first but good info, thanks.What should I look for, exactly? These guys make some sense about not spending a ton on in-ear buds but where is the line here? What's the best in-ear, value? Good brands, bad brands, talk to me... Not worth the effort of trying to save a few on something less than 50 bucks or so.

I can't wear these. They always fall out.I can't even fathom how some people are able to wear these while running.

The new stock Apple earbuds that come with the iPhone5 are awesome. The most comfortable in-ear headphones I've ever had, and the shape keeps them fitting perfectly without falling out. They sound great to me too, but I'm no audionerd.

The new stock Apple earbuds that come with the iPhone5 are awesome. The most comfortable in-ear headphones I've ever had, and the shape keeps them fitting perfectly without falling out. They sound great to me too, but I'm no audionerd.
Do you have big stupid dumbo ears like me?

My Wife found these someplace very inexpensive, and I love them:http://www.google.com/shopping/product/2134493823190746463?q=klipsch%20headphones&hl=en&safe=off&sqi=2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1366&bih=677&sa=X&ei=XCAyUcrRHsu40AGZlYH4Cw&ved=0CG8Q5Q0wAAAt least those are close to the ones I have. Not a huge fan for Klipsch speakers (although granted, it's been a while since I went around and really listened to what's new), but these earphones have great dynamics, very clear, very very responsive for percussion and nice tonality. For under $50 they are great.

Yurbuds. They are the only thing that won't fall out for me. In particular, the version witht he cloth cable sheathing is superb for not twisting and catching. Far, far away the best thing out there for running headphones.

'Apple Jack said:
'Kenny Powers said:
'Wrigley said:
You guys are ####### nuts spending $100s on in ear headphones
:goodposting:
Really :goodposting: Especially if you're listening to MP3s with them.
Disagree. If the source (media and player) is deep enough then a better headphone will certainly produce better sound. As far as cost benefit that is up to each to decide for themselves. But dynamic range, soundstage etc can definitely be noticed on a better headphone.

I have the Klipsch S4's and most recently the Jaybird Bluebuds. The former are wired and the latter are bluetooth wireless.

I was shocked with the sound quality of the Bluebuds, very very good. It takes some fiddling to find the perfect fit (they come with different earbuds and wings to keep them stable in your ear) but being free from wires has been worth it.

Yurbuds. They are the only thing that won't fall out for me. In particular, the version witht he cloth cable sheathing is superb for not twisting and catching. Far, far away the best thing out there for running headphones.
:goodposting: Had the cheaper pair and they work well...but the cords suck.Day after thanksgiving, BB had the cloth cabled ones for half off and I ordered them.Perfect for running...you won't get the best sound, but if you are wearing these things for working out or doing other things, you are not going to notice the sound quality difference anyway (especially off of most MP3 players).They work perfectly, stay in my ears, and I don't worry about them in crappy weather or getting sweat all over them.

'Otis said:
Similar design to what the yurbuds have had.

I just bought these on tiger direct. They are normally $180 but are $29.99 today only and free shipping. Monster
I bought these when you originally posted in Dec....love em.
Yep, I love them too. No discomfort at all, they stay in my ear, very durable, great sound, and ... They don't tangle! They are better than the Bose MEI2 pair I had, and I really liked those.

Buying expensive earbuds is like buying an expensive hdmi cable. You are better served listening to lossless audio if sound quality is that important to you. There are only a few apps that actually play lossless, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible on a locked iphone. I had monster earbuds and they weren't any better than sub $10 sony/panasonic. I prefer the Sony, but own both.

I have the Klipsch S4's and most recently the Jaybird Bluebuds. The former are wired and the latter are bluetooth wireless.

I was shocked with the sound quality of the Bluebuds, very very good. It takes some fiddling to find the perfect fit (they come with different earbuds and wings to keep them stable in your ear) but being free from wires has been worth it.
Whoa, a Green94 sighting.

Buying expensive earbuds is like buying an expensive hdmi cable. You are better served listening to lossless audio if sound quality is that important to you. There are only a few apps that actually play lossless, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible on a locked iphone. I had monster earbuds and they weren't any better than sub $10 sony/panasonic. I prefer the Sony, but own both.
Couldn't disagree more. Perhaps YMMV, but taking the Signal from the source and actually creating audible sound waves is a hell of a task and a better speaker will give off better sound.

Couldn't disagree more. Perhaps YMMV, but taking the Signal from the source and actually creating audible sound waves is a hell of a task and a better speaker will give off better sound.
I would agree for speakers or over ear headphones, but I haven't ever been able to notice much difference with earbuds. I have had a mid-range monster pair, and tried out my cousins bose. To me the sub $10 sony / panny are just as good.

I would agree for speakers or over ear headphones, but I haven't ever been able to notice much difference with earbuds. I have had a mid-range monster pair, and tried out my cousins bose. To me the sub $10 sony / panny are just as good.
Earphones are simply speakers that go in your ear. Now, sound preference is very much personal taste, but for me at least, I can definitely hear the difference. Of course, the quality of the source (media and player) certainly factor in here as well. A #### source won't sound better on a great speaker, heck it could sound worse. But with detailed enough media and a good player speakers / earphones are often one of if not the most important component regrade sing end sound quality.

I don't know. For me as long as you shove the earbud in far enough they all sound the same. I did however have a pair with more bass than others.

I think the Monster pair I had was a high end pair that I got a good deal on. My main gripe about those was how heavy they were. They were made of metal and would fall out sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread