rickyg

Cam Newton

1,292 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

What does that mean "when the legs go"?   When he loses his speed?

I think an injury is what is going to be his downfall if anything.  The dude still has a howitzer as an arm

So did Jamarcus Russel. Not comparing the two really, just saying when his inability to get me points on the ground becomes a constant I would rather have a drop back qb or a younger version of himself ready. I think he has 1 or 2 more years of "elite" level rushing and after that I don't want him as a drop back passer. 

6 minutes ago, starks said:

So did Jamarcus Russel. Not comparing the two really, just saying when his inability to get me points on the ground becomes a constant I would rather have a drop back qb or a younger version of himself ready. I think he has 1 or 2 more years of "elite" level rushing and after that I don't want him as a drop back passer. 

Gotcha fantasy wise.  I think Cam will run until he retires, thats just his moxie

ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton considers Cam Newton to be on the "hot seat" in Carolina.

"This is a big year for Newton with a new offensive coordinator and system," writes Newton. "If he doesn't show improvement after consecutive down years, there will be a lot of questions about his future." Newton remains one of the top fantasy players at his position, but he's strung together back-to-back down passing seasons after a trip to the Super Bowl in 2015. He's still only 29 and one of the most dynamic all-around quarterbacks, but his contract is relatively easy to get out of after 2018. Still, we would be completely shocked if it happened. Newton remains in the prime of his career and is under contract through 2020 at a bargain rate of $20.76 million annually. He's the league's 15th-highest-paid QB.

Source: ESPN.com

Jul 11 - 10:52 AM

11 minutes ago, Faust said:

total crock

he is signed, cheap and a good qb

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, pantherclub said:

total crock

he is signed, cheap and a good qb

Because of his attitude he will never win.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

On 7/12/2018 at 9:56 PM, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Because of his attitude he will never win.

Goes 15-1 and loses in SB and will "Never Win" 

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Goes 15-1 and loses in SB and will "Never Win" 

He has had a top 10 defense in 5 of his 7 seasons, yet only has a winning record in 3 of them.  I am not saying he will never win, but 2015 was clearly an outlier for Cam.  

On 7/28/2018 at 10:14 PM, Ghost Rider said:

He has had a top 10 defense in 5 of his 7 seasons, yet only has a winning record in 3 of them.  I am not saying he will never win, but 2015 was clearly an outlier for Cam.  

clearly