What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amish Mafia (1 Viewer)

I'm watching this just long enough to learn how to get the Amish to build me a garage for free. It happens.

A report by ABC News notes that the episodes contains "re-enactments" that are based on stories that are the "God-honest truth."

The criticism has led Discovery Channel to post a disclaimer at the beginning of each episode.

Still, other critics believe that the "Amish Mafia" reality show could be the "next big thing."

"Reality television and the Amish are really a match made in TV heaven," media critic Michael Levine told ABC.

He described the new show as having controversy, being outrageous and being mysterious.

Other Amish-related shows on TV include National Geographic's "Amish: Out Of Order" and TLC's "Breaking Amish."

When "Breaking Amish" aired, it was also accused of being fake. TLC admitted that most of the show was not authentic in statement: "There is a lot of information floating around about the group featured on 'Breaking Amish.' Much of it is not true, but some of it is -- and is addressed in upcoming episodes."

"Amish Mafia" will premiere tonight, Dec. 12, at 9/8c on Discovery channel. (Watch the trailer below.)

http://global.christianpost.com/news/amish-mafia-reality-show-accused-fake-premiere-discovery-channel-watch-trailer-86468/#OU2a1hf4pwfe6ekJ.99

I knew it!!

'MacArtist said:
Can someone please explain to me why these guys (along with the Moonshiners) allow themselves to be videotaped? Especially the Moonshiners because in that case it is clear they are breaking the law. I would think that the shows as aired would provide the cops with enough evidence to incriminate them for various crimes.
both shows are dramatized and or fake in terms of what's being recorded

Last edited by a moderator:
'MacArtist said:
If that's true, I would think they shouldn't even try to label themselves as a reality show.
I read that Moonshiners was fake in terms of illegal activity actually being recorded.Amish Mafia at the start basically says everything is dramatized and is based on re-enactments from testimonials but doesnt give details on legitimacy. If you've ever watched the show its way to ridiculous to believe like others have saidIm not sure what constitutes reality television. Every reality show thats come up for awhile is staged or dramatized with fictitious events

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the beginning by accident. I bailed after about 5 minutes, tops. It was bad....real bad.
:goodposting: Will not make that mistake again
Probably the worst show I have ever seen. I'm serious. I'll never get that 15 minutes back.
You are nuts. Love his show. The reenactments etc are for fairly obvious reasons. You can't actually film a crime being committed and expect to not be arrested. Especially when its extortion/blackmail etc.

'MacArtist said:
If that's true, I would think they shouldn't even try to label themselves as a reality show.
Exactly, it's all (bad) acting.

Can some explain why john owes merlin money.
Don't know if its the correct answer - I only watched 1 3-hour marathon. But John guaranteed Merlin he'd win a tripped out buggy competition (hosted by Levi) if he entered. He didn't win. After that Merlin was talking like John owed him.Something like that.

Don't know if its the correct answer - I only watched 1 3-hour marathon. But John guaranteed Merlin he'd win a tripped out buggy competition (hosted by Levi) if he entered. He didn't win. After that Merlin was talking like John owed him.Something like that.
I saw that and the next episode. John doubles down on a buggy race and Merlin bets on him and he loses more of his money. He went behind his crews back and everybody hates him now. Now Merlin wants to take out Levi. Not sure who the bigger puke is...Merlin or Levi. Just terrible.

I saw that and the next episode. John doubles down on a buggy race and Merlin bets on him and he loses more of his money. He went behind his crews back and everybody hates him now. Now Merlin wants to take out Levi. Not sure who the bigger puke is...Merlin or Levi. Will catch the finale later this week for sure though to find out.

If you watch this show, you are an infinitely worse person than Honey Boo Boo and her Jabba the Hutt mother.

At least they're getting paid for making this the stupidest f###ing country on the planet. You're doing it for free.

I love this show and I don't care who knows it. It cracks me up.

People always say, "Yeah, but it's fake. It's not real." So what? Cheers wasn't real. Hill Street Blues wasn't real. What's it matter if it's real? The comedy/drama is all that I tune in for. And it.... is.... AWESOME!!!!

I watch this show when I can - it is entertaining. Fake, scripted, but entertaining. The little person henchman was a nice touch.

Watching the most recent episodes. This is getting pretty weird. They are showing/recreating taking a crowbar to people and doing lots of threatening to to the tv crew. Now Levi's lawyer has issued a cease and desist order to the Discovery channel ...but there are more episodes.

These guys acting tough to the camera is pretty funny. Just keep thinking about what real mafia guys would do to them.

FAKE. But we all know this of pretty much all the shows on A&E, Discovery & History. Somehow we all can't help to watch for a moment thinking it just might be real.

i wish there was a show with that really fat guy from moonshiners and the little dude from amish mafia and that one guy who is always yelling from ax men and todd from goldminers they could call it amsih and some aholes it would be hilarious and they could have them go on adventures together take that to the bank bromigos

i wish there was a show with that really fat guy from moonshiners and the little dude from amish mafia and that one guy who is always yelling from ax men and todd from goldminers they could call it amsih and some aholes it would be hilarious and they could have them go on adventures together take that to the bank bromigos
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread