What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving thred (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
There is a thread like this in the SP so I thought we could use one here.

Geno Atkins putting up the big goose egg! :thumbdown: He was avg about 20 pts a game in my DT required league, that will be hard to over come.

On the plus side, I did start B Graham in another league and he put up more than (my opponent's) AJ Green and J Gresham combined :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a thread like this in the SP so I thought we could use one here.Geno Atkins putting up the big goose egg! :thumbdown: He was avg about 20 pts a game in my DT required league, that will be hard to over come.On the plus side, I did start B Graham in another league and he put up more than (my opponent's) AJ Green and J Gresham combined :excited:
In the same boat with starting Geno and Graham in round 2. Atkins was definitely a disappointment, while Graham basically saved the day all by himself.

Luckily I didn't need Geno last night (1st round bye)

But, there were a few people that predicted a good match up between Evan Mathis and Geno Atkins. I wouldn't expect Atkins to put up a goose egg, but I had tempered expectations for him.

'KCitons said:
Luckily I didn't need Geno last night (1st round bye) But, there were a few people that predicted a good match up between Evan Mathis and Geno Atkins. I wouldn't expect Atkins to put up a goose egg, but I had tempered expectations for him.
I had tempered them a bit, but wouldn't have dreamed he wouldn't get in on a single play.

this is mine from last week, I of course lost my game and it still stings

ME

Jenkins, Malcolm NOS S 0.000

Lynch, Corey SDC S 7.500

Him

Barber, Ronde TBB S 23.500

Brown, Stevie NYG S 39.050

this is mine from last week, I of course lost my game and it still stingsMEJenkins, Malcolm NOS S 0.000Lynch, Corey SDC S 7.500HimBarber, Ronde TBB S 23.500Brown, Stevie NYG S 39.050
Oof. Talk about getting woodshed'd at a position.Condolences.

Whole Cincy defense was off the field for almost the entire second half, seemingly, given the Eagles coughing it up so frequently/etc. I guess I should be happy I got what I was able to out of Dunlap.

yep, Atkins helped. But, the loss of Tyvon Branch early in the game hurt me. Add this to the loss of Forte mid game and (to a lesser extent) Cecil Shorts towards the end of the game, and I just didn't have enough to make it to next weeks Championship game.

Currently have 8 players on IR and 4 other starters listed as Out, but still kept it close. Time to start thinking about next season. When is the combine??

Jordan Bab.... .5 Tackle

Stevie Brown 1 Tackle

Have a question though, if there is a defender near the qb when he slides why arent there tackles givin? Wagner missed out on a few tackles tonight!

Luke Kuechly goes for 30 pts (9 solo, 4 asts, 1 INT, 2 PD). Only won my championship matchup by 10 pts too.

Since Kuechly is a must-start, I'll mention two guys that stepped up for me that weren't a part of my regular season success: Zach Brown and Nick Roach. Brown went 8 and 1 while Roach went 8 and 0, both of which propelled me to victory. Oh yeah, having Aaron Rodgers, Ray Rice, and Calvin Johnson doesn't hurt either.

I don't actually like talking about my team usually, and this isn't a brag, but I figured if it looks that way this is the thread for it.

so, I'm in this one main league (idp) for a few years, and it's the one I really care about --- we spun off another league this year, and I entered a few non-idp mfl leagues to practice drafting.

thx to all the posters and staff here, my idp's are usually a strength, and have bailed me out quite a bit the last few years.

last year, there were 3 of us at 8-6 in the playoffs, and I ended up winning by a half point, which I thought was pretty awesome, at the time......

this year, I was doing ok in the ancillary leagues, but would've traded it all for my main league, as I was really struggling.

ended up having to win 7 of the last 8 weeks, including beating one of the top teams in wk 13, and hoping he lost again in wk 14.

if he doesn't choke that week I miss the playoffs by 2 points on the total points tiebreaker (we score ~2k+ points).

everything miraculously lined up, and I was left with a few decisions this week -- mostly at db, since I never had any db studs to lock in.

I had stevie brown in there, but about a half hour before the games started I switched him out for rhodes hoping for some big play upside against cutler.

rhodes only scored about 5, but stevie was even worse at around 2, (calais campbell was my hero this week) leaving me up a third of a point, IF I survive late week corrections (no jinx!).

so, if this xmas miracle holds up that'll be 2 superbowls won by less than a point combined.

anyway, thx very much to all the posters and staff here for even giving me a chance, and I hope everybody has an awesome xmas and new year.

ps

just so this is a little less douchebraggy, I couldn't close the deal in any of those other leagues I thought I was doing well in.

pps

this is what makes h2h awesome

I got beat by 20 in the finals.

I had Laurinaitis, KJ Wright and Dansby do well (and Nick Roach) but got poor showings from Wheeler, Josh Bynes, Corey Graham and Abdul-Kuddus. Stupidly left Zach Brown on the bench.

My opponent had major stud games from Timmons, Derrick Johnson, London Fletcher and Dumervil and his offense was very consistent with double-digit performances.

Users who are viewing this thread