What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another school shooting (1 Viewer)

I was just going to post this. It's a couple towns over from me. I have friends and relatives in Newtown, and I'm hearing one shooter is dead, and they are looking for another. All schools in lock-down. One teacher confirmed shot and at the hospital, and three other have been sent to the hospital, but they aren't saying weather they are teachers, students or whoever.

This #### is getting out of hand.

Early reports are that no one is dead? If so, that's a huge miracle.

EDIT: apparently. a shooter died.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly it's a routine occurance and we can't even talk about it in any rational sense.

"WHAT PART OF SHALL NOT INFRINGE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!! RAWR!!!"

Fox News has been wildly speculating on this story with almost no facts at all. Not sure why news organizations feel the need to do this.

Latest reports seem to indicate multiple fatalities.

:(

Fox News has been wildly speculating on this story with almost no facts at all. Not sure why news organizations feel the need to do this. Latest reports seem to indicate multiple fatalities. :(
I don't think there are multiple fatalities. I'm watching it on my local station, and all they are saying is one teacher shot in the foot or leg, and three others in the hospital, but only the shooter is dead.

It sucks that we live in a world where your children aren't even safe in their classrooms.

Prayers for all affected by this tragedy.

I can't imagine the trauma my daughter (who is very sensitive) would go through if this happened at her school. Such an awful thing for all those kids and parents, and especially to the parents of any kids that were shot. Heart-breaking.

I have a friend who is a principal out there. God I hope it wasn't his school....
From the Daily News article:
There are unconfirmed reports that the shooter was targeting the school's principal. Her name is Dawn Hochsprung, according to the school's website.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2F2yGPGbK
If the principal was the target, then why are there dead children? These are the days that I wish I believed in Hell, so that this dude would be punished forever.

Eyewitness reports she was in a room with 7 people. They heard a couple of gunshots in the hallway, three people left the room into the hallway and only one came back. Said she heard something like 100 rounds being fired.

How about instead of prayers we actually do something as a country about this obvious problem?
Since people strongly disagree about what those solutions should be, and since there are countless threads already devoted to the subject (two currently on the front page) how about we table it in this thread for the time being? This tragedy is still unfolding.

It sucks that we live in a world where your children aren't even safe in their classrooms.

Prayers for all affected by this tragedy.
:goodposting:
How about instead of prayers we actually do something as a country about this obvious problem?
If there was an obvious answer, I'm sure we would.
Don't you think this might require more than an obvious answer. Maybe it's even worth thinking really hard about, examining what other countries are doing, and maybe, just maybe, deviating from one sentence written over 200 years ago?

Since people strongly disagree about what those solutions should be, and since there are countless threads already devoted to the subject (two currently on the front page) how about we table it in this thread for the time being? This tragedy is still unfolding.
Fine, but the prayers line just got to me. We need more than effing prayers at this point.

Eyewitness reports she was in a room with 7 people. They heard a couple of gunshots in the hallway, three people left the room into the hallway and only one came back. Said she heard something like 100 rounds being fired.
Man, that's awful. Like shader mentioned, I can't imagine how my son would be affected by something like this. Extremely sensitive little guy. Terrible situation.

This stuff makes me so angry and sad at the same time.

Why won't the NRA help solve these sorts of issues instead of destroying any effort to make people safer? Theyare the ones that should be championing ways to prevent crimes like this if they value life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The first guy that says "guns don't kill people" can go #### himself.

I have a friend who is a principal out there. God I hope it wasn't his school....
From the Daily News article:
There are unconfirmed reports that the shooter was targeting the school’s principal. Her name is Dawn Hochsprung, according to the school's website.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/deadly-shooting-reported-conn-elementary-school-article-1.1220164#ixzz2F2yGPGbK
Yeah, I've been in contact. This stuff is just psychotic.

Fine, but the prayers line just got to me. We need more than effing prayers at this point.
No, at this point prayers are needed. :wall:

No, at this point, for the parents who jus lost their child, there is nothing they need more than prayers.

It sucks that we live in a world where your children aren't even safe in their classrooms. Prayers for all affected by this tragedy.
So we shouldn't pray for those affected by this?
Yeah, that's what I was saying :rolleyes:
Yes, it is what you were saying.

No, at this point, for the parents who jus lost their child, there is nothing they need more than prayers.

It sucks that we live in a world where your children aren't even safe in their classrooms. Prayers for all affected by this tragedy.
So we shouldn't pray for those affected by this?
Yeah, that's what I was saying :rolleyes:
I really hate people.

Users who are viewing this thread