What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McCarthy - Nightmare (1 Viewer)

Not sure why this needed it's own thread.

I think his value is exactly the same as it was this off season. If I didn't already own him, I would be trying to buy him cheap. (seems to be a lot of owners that are losing patience) Keep in mind that McCarthy suffered a high ankle sprain in the first game of the season. Probably came back too early and was never completely healthy. He current injury is due to a concussion, something that just happens. (no timetable)

With that said, McCarthy will be the MLB next year, the same as he was coming into this season. The only difference I see is the development of Zach Brown at WLB. But, I would compare this to Urlacher/Briggs in Chicago from a few years ago.

Not sure why this needed it's own thread. I think his value is exactly the same as it was this off season. If I didn't already own him, I would be trying to buy him cheap. (seems to be a lot of owners that are losing patience) Keep in mind that McCarthy suffered a high ankle sprain in the first game of the season. Probably came back too early and was never completely healthy. He current injury is due to a concussion, something that just happens. (no timetable)With that said, McCarthy will be the MLB next year, the same as he was coming into this season. The only difference I see is the development of Zach Brown at WLB. But, I would compare this to Urlacher/Briggs in Chicago from a few years ago.
I guess I started the thread so I could get a completely useless answer like that;)The guy didn't play one good game all year so I'm not so sure he's still top 10.

Not sure why this needed it's own thread. I think his value is exactly the same as it was this off season. If I didn't already own him, I would be trying to buy him cheap. (seems to be a lot of owners that are losing patience) Keep in mind that McCarthy suffered a high ankle sprain in the first game of the season. Probably came back too early and was never completely healthy. He current injury is due to a concussion, something that just happens. (no timetable)With that said, McCarthy will be the MLB next year, the same as he was coming into this season. The only difference I see is the development of Zach Brown at WLB. But, I would compare this to Urlacher/Briggs in Chicago from a few years ago.
I guess I started the thread so I could get a completely useless answer like that;)The guy didn't play one good game all year so I'm not so sure he's still top 10.
:confused: He gave you a detailed answer to exactly the question you were asking. I agree that McCarthy is a perfect buy-low candidate if you can find this kind of exasperated owner.

You're Welcome.

your a useless answerMcCarthy isn't a bust, he will be elite once healthy, buy low if at all possible.

You're Welcome.
Clearly you don't know anything more than Rotoworld highlights. Everybody knows about the injuries so if you have nothing to add, don't.I'm more interested in someone who has actually watched the guy play.

You're Welcome.
Clearly you don't know anything more than Rotoworld highlights. Everybody knows about the injuries so if you have nothing to add, don't.I'm more interested in someone who has actually watched the guy play.
If your looking for a McCarthy witch hunt, I don't think you are going to find it in here. If your having trouble understanding McCarthy's situation, just compare him to Desmond Bishop. The only difference is Bishop went on IR during the preseason. Is he still an elite player??? Is he a bust???? If you can't understand that injuries effect a players performance, then you probably should take up a different hobby. I have watched quite a few Titans games. It's obvious that McCarthy was hurting, he didn't look like the same player from last season. But, I also watched an underwhelming Tim Shaw the last few weeks. He's playing healthy, but looked slow getting to the ball and shedding blocks. As far as McCarthy not having one good game, that depends on your league scoring. He did have a decent game against week 8 against the Colts. 9 tkls, 2 tfl, 2 asst. But, you didn't post your leagues IDP scoring. If your looking for sacks or TD's, McCarthy may not be the player for you. But, don't blame him.BTW, this thread will eventually get merged with the thread that is titled "Colin McCarthy". For some reason, your specific question about McCarthy is so important, it needed a new thread.

I agree with KCitons and the others. If can offer some feedback, it seems you are wanting to make a point about how you value McCarthy. I would actually make your point in the OP instead of just ripping him. That stuff usually doesn't end well here.

I'll use one of McCarthy's own teammates as an example; Kenny Britt. how did you/do you value him? He flashed stud level production for a brief period and then battled a number of injuries. Yet he's still valued really high by the consensus. He also has a young player in Wright that has come in to take targets away from him. McCarthy is the same way. He showed his talent and stud level production, was ranked accordingly coming into the year, then got hurt to the point that he probably should have been put on IR or at least the short term IR. So at this point we have nothing new to judge him on other than how he was seen coming into the season. If you want to knock him down 10 spots because of new talent and the rookies than I don't think too many people would have a huge problem with that. There are not that many 4-3 MLBs to go around though with all the 3-4 schemes out there, and he's not a guy that had that spot out of default because of injuries or draft mentality(Giants,cough, cough), he actually has talent so he should stick there. Desmond Bishop is a great example as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread