What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVI - Format & Signup Thread (1 Viewer)

trying to remember some of the proposed themes we've had in the past

Coors (possibly using deadball players, 1902-1919 or something)

Really old dudes 1885-1889

WWII 1941-45, possibly combined with 1914-15 for WWI goodness

Might be fun to do a modern sim, something like 2008-2012, but that isn't much of a palette cleanser from the current 2012 guys.

How about all Mets, 1962-2012?

I'm in.

Not crazy about a modern sim, but something shticky is always fun. Can every team have their own Old Hoss year?

The 1885-1891 and WWII formats would work better with a smaller league because of draft pool limitations.

We only used the pre-60'6" seasons once for the Clone Wars. Silver King was awesome for me but got shelled in game 7 of the World Series.

'Bogart said:
I'm in.Not crazy about a modern sim, but something shticky is always fun. Can every team have their own Old Hoss year?
Old Hoss vs The World. 187?-1918, every team gets Old Hoss's 1884 season plus one other starter and one "reliever".

'Bogart said:
I'm in.Not crazy about a modern sim, but something shticky is always fun. Can every team have their own Old Hoss year?
Old Hoss vs The World. 187?-1918, every team gets Old Hoss's 1884 season plus one other starter and one "reliever".
WIS starts in 1885, so no Old Hoss.However, Silver King and/or Ed Morris are the Old Hoss of the sim, if you want to go that route.

Did we ever do a Franchise draft where you could only have one Yankee, one Red Sox, one Rockie on your team?

Did we ever do a Franchise draft where you could only have one Yankee, one Red Sox, one Rockie on your team?
I've suggested that one a couple of times. I think it would be a good one.
Would we need salary caps like the alpha sim? I think it was 10mil/pitcher and 8mil/hitter.Franchises are tough because you have to remember all the changes. St. Louis Browns === Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore Orioles 1901 != Baltimore Orioles, etc). But you could just restrict it to 25 different franchise names.

Posted this in the Back to the Future thread a few months ago and got nothing but crickets.

Just ran across one of the all-time drafts (WIS V I believe)... that thread was 275 pages long.

We need a "Reunion Tour" draft this winter. Everyone back for some good times. We probably have enough people to make it an All-Time, 48-team, 2 full league extravaganza. League winners meet in the Uber Championship of the Universe for an actual gold Members Only jacket. There will be mayhem, cheating, lying, lolly_trades, Koya bong nights, WIS AfterHours, and so much more.

Someone set us up the sign-up list.
So I've been doing a little research for this, and below is a list of FBG that have played at one point or another. Help me with people I'm missing, I'm sure there are some. With the Baseball Tangent and RotoDugout drafts being lost, it is hard to track the members that may have been involved at that point. We're pushing 10 years doing this, FYI. :thumbup: 1. Notorious T.R.E.

2. Brady Marino / MrPhoenix

3. Tremendous Upside

4. Larry_Boy_44

5. Sammy3469

6. JFranco77

7. Eephus

8. Chemical X

9. Spartans Rule

10. SoCalBroncoFan

11. Doug B

12. Cheese

13. Scoobus

14. Kraft...

15. Doctor Detroit

16. Greco

17. Frostillicus

18. The Moops

19. Oso Diablo

20. Arsenal of Doom

21. Bogart

22. HoosFirst

23. rodg12

24. NorthernVoice

25. Koya

26. DirtyHalos

27. Boubucarow

28. Giant Wooden Badger

29. Funkley

30. roadeyes/MrJimmy

31. Scott Norwood

32. Hov34

33. Pumpnick/Pampernick

34. MrPickles

35. Aaron Rudnicki

36. mrharrier

37. Nipsey

38. GiantsSeasonTicketHolder/ThisGuy

39. UlyssesNorris

40. higgins

41. Capella/Premier

42. Super Nintendo Chalmers

43. Shake Zula

44. vadrama

45. stevegamer

46. Bobcat10

47. Duckboy

48. Spice Channel

49. WidBil83

50. JZilla

51. Hosstetler

52. HellToupee

53. belljr

54. Pskov1420

55. PIK95

56. RnR

'Bogart said:
WIS starts in 1885, so no Old Hoss.However, Silver King and/or Ed Morris are the Old Hoss of the sim, if you want to go that route.
Bah! Although I do remember drafting him way back in WIS I and being able to use his 1884 season. Maybe WIS changed something?

How about we all use Coors field, we draft deadball hitters and we can only use pitching seasons where the pitchers had ERA's over 4.00 and WHIP's over 1.20.

That would make for some great offensive stats. :)

How about we all use Coors field, we draft deadball hitters and we can only use pitching seasons where the pitchers had ERA's over 4.00 and WHIP's over 1.20.That would make for some great offensive stats. :)
Deadball Era, late 60's/early 70's pitchers, in Coors?Which is mightier? The bat or the arm?

I've suggested that one a couple of times. I think it would be a good one.
Would we need salary caps like the alpha sim? I think it was 10mil/pitcher and 8mil/hitter.Franchises are tough because you have to remember all the changes. St. Louis Browns === Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore Orioles 1901 != Baltimore Orioles, etc). But you could just restrict it to 25 different franchise names.
I like the franchise idea.It sounds hard to keep track of, but outside of a few more modern guys that changed teams a ridiculous number of times, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

'Eephus said:
'Bogart said:
'East Coast Bias said:
Never joined one of these before. Tell me what I need to know to play.
Always trade with Larry.
Here's the WIS site http://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/. Register for a free 10 day mini-season. There used to be a good Newbie thread on the WIS :nerd: board but my link is dead. Maybe jfranco knows of one.You can always ask questions here. Larryboy is a pretty authoritative source of info.
Here's a couple threads to get started:http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=368171&ThreadID=9929755#l_9929755

http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=462304&page=1

'RnR said:
Posted this in the Back to the Future thread a few months ago and got nothing but crickets.

Just ran across one of the all-time drafts (WIS V I believe)... that thread was 275 pages long.

We need a "Reunion Tour" draft this winter. Everyone back for some good times. We probably have enough people to make it an All-Time, 48-team, 2 full league extravaganza. League winners meet in the Uber Championship of the Universe for an actual gold Members Only jacket. There will be mayhem, cheating, lying, lolly_trades, Koya bong nights, WIS AfterHours, and so much more.

Someone set us up the sign-up list.
So I've been doing a little research for this, and below is a list of FBG that have played at one point or another. Help me with people I'm missing, I'm sure there are some. With the Baseball Tangent and RotoDugout drafts being lost, it is hard to track the members that may have been involved at that point. We're pushing 10 years doing this, FYI. :thumbup: 1. Notorious T.R.E.

2. Brady Marino / MrPhoenix

3. Tremendous Upside

4. Larry_Boy_44

5. Sammy3469

6. JFranco77

7. Eephus

8. Chemical X

9. Spartans Rule

10. SoCalBroncoFan

11. Doug B

12. Cheese

13. Scoobus

14. Kraft...

15. Doctor Detroit

16. Greco

17. Frostillicus

18. The Moops

19. Oso Diablo

20. Arsenal of Doom

21. Bogart

22. HoosFirst

23. rodg12

24. NorthernVoice

25. Koya

26. DirtyHalos

27. Boubucarow

28. Giant Wooden Badger

29. Funkley

30. roadeyes/MrJimmy

31. Scott Norwood

32. Hov34

33. Pumpnick/Pampernick

34. MrPickles

35. Aaron Rudnicki

36. mrharrier

37. Nipsey

38. GiantsSeasonTicketHolder/ThisGuy

39. UlyssesNorris

40. higgins

41. Capella/Premier

42. Super Nintendo Chalmers

43. Shake Zula

44. vadrama

45. stevegamer

46. Bobcat10

47. Duckboy

48. Spice Channel

49. WidBil83

50. JZilla

51. Hosstetler

52. HellToupee

53. belljr

54. Pskov1420

55. PIK95

56. RnR
my only question is... how?

Same as you would draft any other league.
there are more issues than just that.How many people on that list are banned/gone? How are we finding them?

Of those we find, how many have any interest at all?
PM's down?I tried to weed out all of the alias from banned people (dirkswish, for example). So for the most part, that should be a list of non-banned members. I'm also certain that list is not complete, it was just from all of the league I could find through the search function. Someone like Doug B or Eephus that archived all of these drafts may have a more comprehensive list of participants.

We already have two new interested people in the thread, so there are two more you can add to the list for 48.

As for the "what if they aren't interested?" You've gotta quit nerding these things up. Keep it simple. All-time draft, 48 different teams, no duplicates, and no other rules. A REAL FREAKING MEMBERS ONLY JACKET TO THE WINNER(pics in said jacket required).

I just don't see how this isn't a success. Need some life breathed into this exercise. :popcorn:

PM's down?

I tried to weed out all of the alias from banned people (dirkswish, for example). So for the most part, that should be a list of non-banned members. I'm also certain that list is not complete, it was just from all of the league I could find through the search function. Someone like Doug B or Eephus that archived all of these drafts may have a more comprehensive list of participants.

We already have two new interested people in the thread, so there are two more you can add to the list for 48.

As for the "what if they aren't interested?" You've gotta quit nerding these things up. Keep it simple. All-time draft, 48 different teams, no duplicates, and no other rules. A REAL FREAKING MEMBERS ONLY JACKET TO THE WINNER(pics in said jacket required).

I just don't see how this isn't a success. Need some life breathed into this exercise. :popcorn:
:ph34r:

Watching Ken Burns Baseball: Inning One.

Seen it a dozen times, but every time makes me want to start a new WIS team.

Users who are viewing this thread