Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badmojo1006

When eating Mandarin Oranges, do you peel the white stuff off?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get rid of the white stringy stuff

• Of Course
    • No who cares it has no taste
    • What is an Orange?
    • What's a Mandarian?
    • Stop screwing around on FBG and get back to work

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Yeah, I peel the white stuff off, even though it has no taste, but bugs me to seeing it hanging there.

I am bored and don't want to do payroll

I'll peel the big/obvious pieces, but I don't sweat it. My wife picks the damn thing apart.

The white pulpy part of the orange is the primary source of its flavonoids. Flavonoids are colorful pigments that support numerous metabolic processes in the body. The juicy orange-colored sections of the orange contain most of its vitamin C. In the body, flavonoids and vitamin C often work together, and support health through their interaction. When the pulpy white part of the orange is removed in the processing of orange juice, the flavonoids in the orange are lost in the process. This loss of flavonoids is one of the many reasons for eating the orange in its whole food form (even if you only end up eating a little bit of the white pulpy part).

The white pulpy part of the orange is the primary source of its flavonoids. Flavonoids are colorful pigments that support numerous metabolic processes in the body. The juicy orange-colored sections of the orange contain most of its vitamin C. In the body, flavonoids and vitamin C often work together, and support health through their interaction. When the pulpy white part of the orange is removed in the processing of orange juice, the flavonoids in the orange are lost in the process. This loss of flavonoids is one of the many reasons for eating the orange in its whole food form (even if you only end up eating a little bit of the white pulpy part).

:confused:

Its called the pith and is very healthy