What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XXXVIII (1 Viewer)

This has to be one of the most boring Super Bowls ever. :sleep:
Then you need to find another hobby. 14-10 (now 21-10) games with both sides executing great defense is far from what I would call boring. A boring game is something like the old fashioned blowouts of the late 80's and early 90's.

"This has to be one of the most boring Super Bowls ever."his is coming from a fan of the Buccaneers. He must have missed last years Super Bowl.

[QUOTE=']Because it was 21-16 and to try to cut it to a FG...
[/QUOTE]too early. Should only be used in desperation IMOsorry if this had been discussed, didn't read the earlier pages

Who would have thunk it?...

Carolina Panthers and JAKE DELHOMME:

Longest drive in SB history (95 yards)

AND

Longest TD reception in SB history (85 yards)

:eek: :eek:

too early. Should only be used in desperation IMOsorry if this had been discussed, didn't read the earlier pages
no, it bears repeating. the only way john fox could rationalize going for two is if he thought NE would not score again and they would only have a shot for a FG.with so much time left in the game, you now risk a NE FG to beat you instead of tying the game.there is no excuse for that as a NFL coach. i really like John Fox but that was a horrible, horrible mistake.

maybe but it was the wrong decision. way too early. so many coaches do this when they don't have to and most end up regretting it because it comes back to haunt them. 2 xp and they are up by the fg. you don't go for 2 until you absolutely have to. we'll see how this one turns out. :cool:

Who would have thunk it?...

Carolina Panthers and JAKE DELHOMME:

Longest drive in SB history (95 yards)

AND

Longest TD reception in SB history (85 yards)

:eek: :eek:
considering delhomme typically throws for under 200 yards a game, that is amazing.

This has to be one of the most boring Super Bowls ever. :sleep:
Then you need to find another hobby. 14-10 (now 21-10) games with both sides executing great defense is far from what I would call boring. A boring game is something like the old fashioned blowouts of the late 80's and early 90's.
uhhhhh...that was about 45 minutes ago when the score was stuck on 14-10. THAT was boring. :rolleyes:

If this score holds up, I'll finally acknowledge that Brady has Montana-esque qualities. Two game-winning 4th quarter Super Bowl drives is amazing.

If this score holds up, I'll finally acknowledge that Brady has Montana-esque qualities. Two game-winning 4th quarter Super Bowl drives is amazing.
:confused: if brady was montana-esque carolina wouldn't even be in this game.

Run, run run....too much time on the clock.Panthers at the 15 yard line now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Delhomme remind anyone else of a Tom Brady type of QB?? not the greatest talent but always seems to find away to get the job done

I still say too much time on the clock. :thumbdown:And I also still say Jake=MVP.

Patriots have all three timeouts with 1:08 left on the clock. Brady is going to have to do this a third time.

Jake Delhomme is the new Tom Brady.He is comming up huge under enormous pressure as a first time SB'er.Unbelievable...

I still say too much time on the clock. :thumbdown:
:yes: we're setting up for a vinatieri redemption for his 2 previous missed FGs and a repeat SB winning kick as time expires. this game has really turned around since midway through the 2nd quarter.

I really wish I had been interested in either team, because this game is nails. (After a horrid start.)This must suck like hell for you fans with heart conditions.

the loss of Harrison could be huge. hate to say it but delhomme looks sharpout of bounds? WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread