What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl XXXVIII (1 Viewer)

Jake Delhomme is the new Tom Brady.He is comming up huge under enormous pressure as a first time SB'er.Unbelievable...
Ok, maybe Tom Brady is still Tom Brady... but big props to Delhomme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's play "What if?"What if Carolina goes for 1 the first time: it's 21-17. Next time, they go for 1 again, and it's 24-21. Pats then go for 1 instead of 2, making it 28-24. Carolina scores again, making it 31-28. Vinatieri kicks a last second tying FG, and we go to overtime.Oops - coaching mistake.

actually, it is completely on John Fox. if carolina does not go for 2, they are ahead 31-28 before vinatieri's FG (the pats would have not gone for 2 as their TD + XP would have gotten them to FG range).[bill walton]that was HOOOOORRRRRRIIIBBBLLLEE[/bill walton]

Let's play "What it?"What if Carolina goes for 1 the first time: it's 21-17. Next time, they go for 1 again, and it's 24-21. Pats then go for 1 instead of 2, making it 28-24. Carolina scores again, making it 31-28. Vinatieri kicks a last second tying FG, and we go to overtime.Oops - coaching mistake.
beat me to it. exactly.john fox hopefully learned a valuable lesson today. one that could have very well cost his team the SB. :no:

Let's play "What if?"What if Carolina goes for 1 the first time: it's 21-17. Next time, they go for 1 again, and it's 24-21. Pats then go for 1 instead of 2, making it 28-24. Carolina scores again, making it 31-28. Vinatieri kicks a last second tying FG, and we go to overtime.Oops - coaching mistake.
:thumbup: :yes: :bag:

Kasay gave them 20 yards. The defense lost this game.J
Agreed, but the 20 yards also gave them life, and would've turned the FGA into a 61 yarder.Someone has to be the goat, and we've quite a few with the Panthers secondary and John Kasay.and John Fox

ahh crap... Brady wins this MVP again... ahh crap
354 yards and 3 TD, you gotta give it to him.I just think it sucked that he won it last time on 16/27 with 145 and a TD when it should have gone to Vinatieri or Law.

Brady wins this MVP again
Brady is a worthy winner.The only other serious candidate would be Vrabel who had two sacks and a forced fumble on the defensive side of the ball. On the offensive side :shock: , he had a touchdown reception.

actually, it is completely on John Fox. if carolina does not go for 2, they are ahead 31-28 before vinatieri's FG (the pats would have not gone for 2 as their TD + XP would have gotten them to FG range).[bill walton]that was HOOOOORRRRRRIIIBBBLLLEE[/bill walton]
agree.. I was yelling kick the PAT kick the PAT... there was over 12 minutes in the game. Dumb call. You take the points when you can with that much time remaining. But I'm still proud of the Panthers.. they represented very well.

I'll never understand coaches going for 2 so early!?!?!?No one knows what would have happened, but it sure looks like it could have been a different result.What a shame - it was such a good game!

Branch could have been MVP, too.I wouldn't fault Kasay too much - the Panthers defense didn't stop New England at all on the last drive, even with the cheesy ticky-tack call on Brown.After the first quarter, I *never* expected a game like that. Fox doesn't understand the 2-pointer, that's for sure.

Brady is a worthy winner.The only other serious candidate would be Vrabel who had two sacks and a forced fumble on the defensive side of the ball. On the offensive side :shock: , he had a touchdown reception.
You could have made a case for Deion Branch - 10/143/1.Brady was the right pick though... this time.

Can't say much, I lost my sig bet. It doesn't really "disgust" me , as I actually respect the Patriots and know they have a great team.The Panthers have a good team, but they will have to tweak a few things to get over the top like the Patriots have.Thanks for an unbelievable season Panthers. :thumbup:

354 yards and 3 TD, you gotta give it to him.I just think it sucked that he won it last time on 16/27 with 145 and a TD when it should have gone to Vinatieri or Law.
I think Vrabel could have deserved the MVP. Two sacks, one forced fumble, and an offensive TD reception.Brady was awesome overall but the INT was a HUGE mistake.Any votes for Ricky Manning as Least Valuable Player?

I say anyway way you slice it, this was the best Superbowl game of all time.What a nail bitter.Great job Carolina, very close ame.Go PATS :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Brady shouldn't have been the MVP in Supe 36, that's obvious. He had 99 yards passing when the final drive started, and three of the passes on the final possession were dump-offs to J.R. Redmond.

That's ancient history, though. And so is Redmond, heh.

Long live Branch, Vrabel, Harrison, Givens and the new Pats. And way to drill it, Adam!

I say anyway way you slice it, this was the best Superbowl game of all time.What a nail bitter.Great job Carolina, very close ame.Go PATS :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Well I beg to differ considering the outcome! :lol: But yeah, it was a good game, not nearly the horrible blowout game a lot of people thought it would be.One question, what does the Pat coaching staff feed that friggin OL, geez Brady never saw pressure hardly at all! :wall:

I say anyway way you slice it, this was the best Superbowl game of all time.
Nah, first half was absolutely terrible. People are always quick to say the most recent was the best, but I could think of quite a few that were better.Got real good in the second half, but the Titans-Rams, Pats-Rams, Bills-Giants, Niners-Bengals and about a dozen others could make a claim for best ever.EDIT to add, was a tremendous second half though. :thumbup:

Nah, first half was absolutely terrible. People are always quick to say the most recent was the best, but I could think of quite a few that were better.Got real good in the second half, but the Titans-Rams, Pats-Rams, Bills-Giants, Niners-Bengals and about a dozen others could make a claim for best ever.
I think the Tennessee-St. Louis Super Bowl was pretty "blah" in the first half, too, then got awesome in the second half and at the end. Super Bowl 38 was great because of the fourth period. The first quarter blew, and the third quarter was a little slow, too. But the payoff was something special.

The first quarter was ugly, but it won me 100 bucks for having 0 and 0 in the squares. :thumbup: Carolina's defense played well, but just got tired because the offense couldn't move the ball in the first half. It caught up to them in the second half. Don't go for 2 with over 12 minutes to play. It always haunts you. Each time the Panthers pressured Brady he folded like a lawn chair. Too bad we couldn't put more pressure on him the whole game. Kudos to the Pats offensive line. Oh, and penalties penalties penalties killed us tonight. Great game though, save the first quarter.

To all the haters (Joey Bryant and co).....you've got your reasons, and that's cool....To the Carolina Panthers.....Wow...excellent effort and if they have folks signed long term (haven't seen the contract structuring) they are going to be a force in the NFL for a bit longer.... :thumbup: To the New England fans...kudos....play it cool and enjoy the win.....To Brady....the youngest ever to win 2 superbowls....the winningest active passer in the game.....The youngest ever to win two SB MVP's......etc etc etc etc etc.... :thumbup: you've got tremendous poise and a remarkable will to win.....keep it up....To Vinateri.....the first two misses had me cursing your name...but you had the leg when it counted.... :thumbup: GB the pats.....now with 2 first round and 2 second round picks let's hope they can do better next year than last time ('02)BTW...my Parlay (CAR +6.5 / OVER 37.5) and my "Margin Of Victory" bet of "Pats By 3" paid off quite nicely :thumbup: :excited:

The first quarter was ugly, but it won me 100 bucks for having 0 and 0 in the squares.
I really feel bad for anyone who had New England 3, Carolina 0, given how the Pats botched the two early kicks. Will Berman ever stop with that Delhomme line? Yuck.

,Feb 1 2004, 11:12 PM] To Vinateri.....the first two misses had me cursing your name...but you had the leg when it counted....
I have to see the tape again, but it looked like the first Vinatieri miss had a crummy snap - which kills the timing on the play. I need to see the play again, but I'm not sure this miss was completely Vinatieri's fault.

jake delhomme is the main reason that this was a competitive game. there were a few points that it seemed like the pats could have really put the stranglehold on the panthers, and delhomme just refused to let it happen. he impressed me more than any other player today.

It was a great game. The Panthers played hard but the Pats played a little harder,congratualtions on a great win.I agree the 2 pt tries were to early. I was screaming at the TV to go for the PAT!

thanks to both teams for an entertaining super bowl. both teams played great, it's a shame either one had to lose. kudos to the Pats on an outstanding year, they're a deserving champion.

I really feel bad for anyone who had New England 3, Carolina 0, given how the Pats botched the two early kicks.

Will Berman ever stop with that Delhomme line? Yuck.
man, I had NE 4 and Carolina 7 also... If the panthers dont kick the 50 yard field goal at the end of the 2nd half, I would've won $300. No one scored in the 3rd quarter so it would have been 14-7 still.

Users who are viewing this thread