What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McCoy starting sunday week 16 (1 Viewer)

delusional

Footballguy
Figured some people may like this news if they kept him on the bench. He will be starting sunday vs Redskins

Day late. Dollar short. And all it does now is make me want to hold my breath and hope my dyansty RB doesn't get his bell rung again this year.

what to make of this...sharing time with Bryce? Washington isn't the best match-up either. Thinking I'm not going to play him this week.

Brown underwhelmed mightily in the last 2 .... and his fumbilitis is chronic ...

Shady looks good to me.

From a football standpoint, this makes no sense at all unless the front office is letting Andy make these kinds of decisions. The guy is going to be fired in 2.5 weeks. Roseman needs to step in and say McCoy is done for the year so he doesn't get another concussion and end up like Jahvid Best for next year. Nothing good can come from this.

One of my main money leagues is a "total points league". I'm hoping Shady looks good this week and......if so........will surely play him next week. Not so sure I trust him this week.

Last home game, Eagles fans are frustrated, this was a front office decision to keep the fans giving the team their hard earned dollars for tickets, merchandise, etc. Eagles only care about money. This Eagles fan is starting him with confidence at flex.

Last home game, Eagles fans are frustrated, this was a front office decision to keep the fans giving the team their hard earned dollars for tickets, merchandise, etc. Eagles only care about money. This Eagles fan is starting him with confidence at flex.
Eagles fans don't care if Shady is playing. They won't get another dollar from the majority of fans because of this move. If this is indeed a front office move, it shows how shortsighted they are and makes me that much more worried about them handling this offseason.

From a football standpoint, this makes no sense at all unless the front office is letting Andy make these kinds of decisions. The guy is going to be fired in 2.5 weeks. Roseman needs to step in and say McCoy is done for the year so he doesn't get another concussion and end up like Jahvid Best for next year. Nothing good can come from this.
I'm not sure I can agree with this statement. If he has cleared all tests there should be no greater risk for injury. I would think fans would like to see Philadelphia attempt to put a good product out there on the field the last couple of weeks.

I'm not sure I can agree with this statement. If he has cleared all tests there should be no greater risk for injury. I would think fans would like to see Philadelphia attempt to put a good product out there on the field the last couple of weeks.
To what end? Win another game? That's the last thing most Eagles fans want right now. I'd rather have the franchise RB sit out and not take another shot to the head in a game the team should lose anyway. Let Brown get the majority of the work (which may happen anyway) and try to work out his fumbling issues.McCoy has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing. Make a cameo appearance in the last home game and hit the showers. See ya in '13.

To what end? Win another game? That's the last thing most Eagles fans want right now. I'd rather have the franchise RB sit out and not take another shot to the head in a game the team should lose anyway. Let Brown get the majority of the work (which may happen anyway) and try to work out his fumbling issues.McCoy has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing. Make a cameo appearance in the last home game and hit the showers. See ya in '13.
This. Eagles fans DO NOT care at all about McCoy showing up in the last 2 games or for them making a token effort to end the season. We want to finish 4-12 at this point to get the best draft pick possible and we most certainly do not want the franchise RB getting another concussion in a meaningless game that jeopardizes his career.

This. Eagles fans DO NOT care at all about McCoy showing up in the last 2 games or for them making a token effort to end the season. We want to finish 4-12 at this point to get the best draft pick possible and we most certainly do not want the franchise RB getting another concussion in a meaningless game that jeopardizes his career.
:goodposting: At this point, give me 4-12 or give me death. Anything else is a failure. Need a top 10 draft pick, best you can get at this point with no playoff prospects to speak of. Anything else is a detriment to the team's future in a salary capped league.

:goodposting: At this point, give me 4-12 or give me death. Anything else is a failure. Need a top 10 draft pick, best you can get at this point with no playoff prospects to speak of. Anything else is a detriment to the team's future in a salary capped league.
Now I completely understand players and coaches playing to win no matter the record. It's their job to win regardless of how bad they played during the year. So if McCoy is "relatively" healthy and wants to play, of course Andy is going to put him out there. That's where the GM, knowing he's going to fire the coach in 2 weeks, has to step in and say you're not risking OUR franchise back for meaningless games.

Maybe the Eagles want to see their FRANCHISE rb play together in a game with their franchise qb. Won't shady always have further risk of re-injury, even if he plays next year?

I always here this, but after a certain point, no further damage can be done. Meaning, he is no more likely to get another than he will be week 1 next year. When you're healthy enough to do your job, you do it. Should the Eagles not field a team at all, if there is nothing to play for?

With this logic, why play the game once out of playoff contention? Why shouldn't every team just call it a season, once there is "nothing to gain"?

With this logic, why play the game once out of playoff contention? Why shouldn't every team just call it a season, once there is "nothing to gain"?
From a fan's perspective, they should. Once the playoffs are out of reach, why not try to further improve your team's chances of a great draft choice? Reid is gone (no debating it). McCoy will be back with a nice contract. A win in either of these last 2 games only lowers their draft position.Like I said before, McCoy and the Eagles franchise have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing a large role in the final games. What positives can you see by him playing? The only possible thing I can see is Reid trying to go out on a winning note - which only serves Reid and not the Eagles or McCoy. Keep in mind, even though McCoy has been cleared to play - once you get a concussion its much easier to get others. Would be a shame if '13 is jeopardized due to a hit in a meaningless game playing out the string. I would feel different if he wasn't coming back from a severe concussion. As a franchise, I hope they continue to give Brown the bulk of the work to gain experience, just like Vick has been benched to give Foles experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Eagles want to see their FRANCHISE rb play together in a game with their franchise qb. Won't shady always have further risk of re-injury, even if he plays next year?
Next year the games will mean something. Let him play with Foles in camp and pre-season in '13. Just a fans' perspective - maybe you're right and that's the front office's thinking.

I always here this, but after a certain point, no further damage can be done. Meaning, he is no more likely to get another than he will be week 1 next year. When you're healthy enough to do your job, you do it. Should the Eagles not field a team at all, if there is nothing to play for?
As I said, the concussion thing is completely different than a knee, ankle, shoulder etc. Those are physical injuries that have been well documented and studied for decades. Doctors have a pretty good idea on how they react and what constitutes "fully healthy." Concussions are relatively new at being diagnosed with some accuracy. Only within the last 10 years have they really began to take them seriously. They can say someone is "fully healed" from a concussion but how sure are they? Brian Westbrook was thought to be "fully healed" in 2010 after his first concussion but then suffered another one in his return game on what looked like a routine hit. That basically ended his career. Concussions are different. If this was a knee, shoulder, ankle, etc, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He's healthy, he plays. When you're dealing with the head, no matter how much they've learned over the last few years, they still don't know nearly enough.

i would imagine the players association would have something to say about this.

'Insein said:
As I said, the concussion thing is completely different than a knee, ankle, shoulder etc. Those are physical injuries that have been well documented and studied for decades. Doctors have a pretty good idea on how they react and what constitutes "fully healthy." Concussions are relatively new at being diagnosed with some accuracy. Only within the last 10 years have they really began to take them seriously. They can say someone is "fully healed" from a concussion but how sure are they? Brian Westbrook was thought to be "fully healed" in 2010 after his first concussion but then suffered another one in his return game on what looked like a routine hit. That basically ended his career. Concussions are different. If this was a knee, shoulder, ankle, etc, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He's healthy, he plays. When you're dealing with the head, no matter how much they've learned over the last few years, they still don't know nearly enough.
Why not retire, then? If the word of his team's medical staff isn't enough - what is? Or when? What random number of days should we add on to the doctor's suggested return date? A month? Two? Forever?

sooooo

are people playing him or not.

I don't have a ton of options with my #2

It's either, McCoy, Bryce Brown or Montell Owens :no:

soooooare people playing him or not.I don't have a ton of options with my #2It's either, McCoy, Bryce Brown or Montell Owens :no:
I don't know about people, but you should. I'm undecided between Richardson, Ridley, SJax, DWilly, and McCoy (choose 3). Richardson has a very tough matchup and hasn't been getting yards, but he does get TDs. Ridley may have to share carries -- perhaps even more after last week's fumbles -- but he gets the running TDs. Jackson also has a tougher matchup, but he's also being thrown to now. Williams is the guy in Carolina with Stewart likely out again. Not coming back from injury, and Reid stating that he'd be limited in some way, McCoy would be a sure starter. But with Brown and Owens as your alternatives, it's a much easier choice.

soooooare people playing him or not.I don't have a ton of options with my #2It's either, McCoy, Bryce Brown or Montell Owens :no:
Depends on what hes been doing while he was out. If hes been staying in shape and wont get winded and has fresh legs id play him, If not then he could be in for 12 touches or something and unless he breaks of a long one he wont be worth much

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said RB LeSean McCoy (concussion) won't have his "normal workload" in Week 16 against the Washington Redskins. RBs Bryce Brown and Dion Lewis will rotate in at running back. "He's coming off an injury. I understand that, so I'll keep a close eye on him," Reid said. "He'll work in as a starter and then Bryce has some valuable experience that he's gained over the last few weeks, so we'll get him in there." McCoy said he felt a bit rusty while practicing Wednesday, Dec. 19.

2012-12-20 11:51:10 | Source: Philadelphia Inquirer - Jeff McLane

link

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said RB LeSean McCoy (concussion) won't have his "normal workload" in Week 16 against the Washington Redskins. RBs Bryce Brown and Dion Lewis will rotate in at running back. "He's coming off an injury. I understand that, so I'll keep a close eye on him," Reid said. "He'll work in as a starter and then Bryce has some valuable experience that he's gained over the last few weeks, so we'll get him in there." McCoy said he felt a bit rusty while practicing Wednesday, Dec. 19.

2012-12-20 11:51:10 | Source: Philadelphia Inquirer - Jeff McLane

link
sounds like he would be a very desperate play...i wouldnt chance starting him

Going to keep him on the bench in favor of DMC in a couple, and in favor of Dez/Trent in another.

Users who are viewing this thread