What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (1 Viewer)

loose circuits

Footballguy
Thoughts on this dude?

He couldn't get it done, but I always felt like he was a decent back. I'm tempted to give up on him. Is there any value to him as a potential free agent or is this dude Jason Smelling part II? Could also be that Jax's O just makes him look worse than he is?

Last edited by a moderator:
He was just dumped in my main dynasty league, (10 teamer, 22 man rosters, PPR), and cleared waivers. I believe it's reasonable and advisable to drop him.

MJD missed the whole year almost, Jennings flopped as starter. Replaced by Jalen Parmele. Turns 28 in 3 months. Is upcoming FA. The year off (2011) killed him IMO.

Became abundantly he's not starting material. Played so bad, he likely won't even sniff a backup RB job next year.

Have to be 30+ player rosters to even consider rostering him IMO.

Mjd owner here who just dropped him fwiw.

There is a slight chance he's just taking two years to return to form from a knee injury (as many backs once did) but I can't imagine there's any way they won't bring in a few someone else's to compete for the backup job after he flopped so badly as the handcuff

'EthnicFury said:
Mjd owner here who just dropped him fwiw. There is a slight chance he's just taking two years to return to form from a knee injury (as many backs once did) but I can't imagine there's any way they won't bring in a few someone else's to compete for the backup job after he flopped so badly as the handcuff
His knee injury wasn't even that bad- he didn't need surgery. What has me pondering this question is how did he go from looking so good to horrible? Owens has looked better with the same surroundings and Parmele looked better. Maybe Rashad is what he is- 7th round talent? Or is he what he has flashed? DuJuan Harris has looked bad in Jax and now is thought of as a prospect in Green Bay; can the same thing happen to Rashad?

'EthnicFury said:
Mjd owner here who just dropped him fwiw.

There is a slight chance he's just taking two years to return to form from a knee injury (as many backs once did) but I can't imagine there's any way they won't bring in a few someone else's to compete for the backup job after he flopped so badly as the handcuff
His knee injury wasn't even that bad- he didn't need surgery. What has me pondering this question is how did he go from looking so good to horrible? Owens has looked better with the same surroundings and Parmele looked better. Maybe Rashad is what he is- 7th round talent? Or is he what he has flashed? DuJuan Harris has looked bad in Jax and now is thought of as a prospect in Green Bay; can the same thing happen to Rashad?
That is certainly a possibility. He averaged over 5 yards a carry in limited time during the 2009-2010 seasons....so he at least flashed something back then. But he has looked abysmal this season.....so what's the story from J-ville fans? Is the o-line that much worse this year? Or was Jennings never really that good in the first place? Combo?

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings is averaging 3.4 yards after first contact, compared to 2.0 for Darren McFadden.
It's the main reason Jennings is averaging 5.16 yards per carry compared to 3.59 for DMC. "Very seldom does (Jennings) go down on first contact," coach Dennis Allen said. "There are runs in there that are two- and three-yard runs where there’s contact at the line of scrimmage but the pile gets pushed forward. ... You want to gain a blade of grass on every single play, and we’ve done a better job of executing that over the last few weeks." Translation: Jennings has been schooling McFadden. DMC's hamstring is going to keep him sidelined for Week 12, regardless, but he's going to be returning to a timeshare whenever he finally gets back on the field.

Related: Darren McFadden

Source: CSN Bay Area

Admittedly, I dont follow the Raiders at all, so what would the Raiders gain by putting McFadden back in the lineup? Is Jennings doing everything needed in pass protection? Is he a 3 down back? It seems like the coach loves him. Could be a FF playoff hero if his numbers stay up. His schedule doesn't look bad either.

Rotoworld:

Raiders OC Greg Olson confirms they plan to stick with the "hot hand" Rashad Jennings at running back on Thursday even though Darren McFadden (hamstring) is ready to return.

This has been the expectation as Jennings ran circles around McFadden, both before and after his injury. However, beat writer Steve Corkran still expects DMC to "get his touches." Going up against one of the league's worst run defenses, Jennings will remain a legitimate RB2, while McFadden will be a low-end FLEX option. DMC could earn a bigger role for Week 14 with a solid performance.

Related: Darren McFadden

Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Coach Dennis Allen reiterated that Rashad Jennings isn't losing his starting job to Darren McFadden.

Beat writers, OC Greg Olson and Allen are all in agreement here. McFadden will play on Thanksgiving if he's deemed completely healthy, but he'll be used to spell Jennings. "You can't deny Rashad Jennings over the last month of the season has led the NFL in yards from scrimmage," Allen said. "I think he's earned the right and deserves the right to continue to get his carries and touches and we'll still do that." Desperate owners starting McFadden can't expect more than 4-8 touches.

Related: Rashad Jennings

Source: Contra Costa Times

Is everyone still rolling with Jennings this week? The matchup couldn't be better, but with DMC even back in the picture at all I'm hesitant to make the start over other solid options (VJax for me). I could see both of them shredding DAL like Brown and even Jacobs did last week. Is there any cause for concern that DMC may get goal line carries?

Rolling with Jennings with confidence. Not worried about DMC having some role. I think he will eat into Marcel Reece's touches if anything. DMC wasn't particulary effective at the goalline anyway, so I don't see him vulturing Jennings there either. I am expecting 25 touches for Jennings tommorow. Oakland's offensive line is getting healthy all of a sudden, and the return of starting left tackle Jared Veldheer should produce some gaping holes for Jennings to run through.

Rolling with Jennings with confidence. Not worried about DMC having some role. I think he will eat into Marcel Reece's touches if anything. DMC wasn't particulary effective at the goalline anyway, so I don't see him vulturing Jennings there either. I am expecting 25 touches for Jennings tommorow. Oakland's offensive line is getting healthy all of a sudden, and the return of starting left tackle Jared Veldheer should produce some gaping holes for Jennings to run through.
Agreed. I would start Jennings over most everyone not named Peterson or Charles.

Agreed. I would start Jennings over most everyone not named Peterson or Charles.
Wow, that's ringing endorsement if I've ever seen it. Locked and loaded with Jennings in that case.

The split between Jennings and Reece was 16-5 and 22-4 the last two weeks. So that's the kind of split you expect this week between Jennings and DMC?

I'd also be curious to hear how you think this will play out between them beyond this week (especially Raidersfan) assuming DMC stays healthy. After this week against the 'Boys, the schedule through week 16 is against 2 stout rush defenses in NYJ and KC, and then there's SD in week 16. I'm having a really hard time gauging Jennings value for the RoS with these two things coming into play.

I'm definitely afraid of McFadden cutting into his carries this week. I really shouldn't be since its his first week back, but I hate the hot hand comment.

I can also play brown or bush instead, and am leaning brown. Although I'm not sure how much sense that makes since Jacobs is getting 25% of the carries, not to mention gl carries. So maybe I should go bush at home... Although he didn't do much of anything against gb earlier this year and hasn't been getting TDs lately.

I think I just talked myself into Jennings.

If DMC breaks a long run early he will almost certainly eat into Jennings' day. Veldheer is back and the Dal D sux so it could easily happen IMO.

If DMC breaks a long run early he will almost certainly eat into Jennings' day. Veldheer is back and the Dal D sux so it could easily happen IMO.
Maybe it's my biased talking, but I have a hard time seeing DMC come off a 3+ week recurring hamstring injury and breaking a long one off the bat, even against Dallas. Sure, it could happen, but I think the odds are strongly against him, especially considering how he has played thus far this season. Maybe Veldheer is a saving grace, but the reports I've seen indicate he will probably be subbing in and out, and his presence will benefit Jennings just as much as DMC.

Jennings has been a real pleasant surprise this season and given my roster I've had him locked in since DMC went down. It'll stay that way at least through this week!

It feels like a lot of coach speak regarding the RB situation. I would not be surprised to see it end up as a 50/50 split on touches.

. If DMC is healthy, Jennings ain't getting 25 touches. I would cap him at 15 this week with a healthy DMC. This thing is going to swing in the opposite direction over the next few weeks...

This guy when he was backing up MJD every spot start he strained a labia in the first quarter. Now he's bulldogging defenders and scoring multiple Tds on thanksgiving.

I am not sure I can handle a world with that and McGroin staring in the NFL.

Jennings is the safe RB to own in Oakland. DMC may eat into his carries moving forward but DMC will not be heathy enough to play for long.

I would worry more about the Raider running game more than DMC. There were no holes yesterday.

johnnyboy8102 said:
Any update on Jennings condition?
Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings suffered a concussion in Thursday night's Week 13 loss to the Cowboys.

Jennings was apparently concussed on Oakland's final drive of Thanksgiving. The Raiders' next game isn't until December 8, so it's entirely possible the concussion won't end up costing Jennings any game action. He'll have to pass through the NFL's protocol testing. In the event Jennings could not play in Week 14, now-healthy Darren McFadden would get the start. Fantasy owners should keep hanging on tight to Jennings. The concussion is a day-to-day injury.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

johnnyboy8102 said:
Any update on Jennings condition?
Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings suffered a concussion in Thursday night's Week 13 loss to the Cowboys.

Jennings was apparently concussed on Oakland's final drive of Thanksgiving. The Raiders' next game isn't until December 8, so it's entirely possible the concussion won't end up costing Jennings any game action. He'll have to pass through the NFL's protocol testing. In the event Jennings could not play in Week 14, now-healthy Darren McFadden would get the start. Fantasy owners should keep hanging on tight to Jennings. The concussion is a day-to-day injury.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
I've got him on my roster with this week to decide whether to keep him or DMC. Watching that game though it didn't seem like it was that big a hit, and he walked off looking shaken and not dazed--if it weren't for the attention to it lately I would not have even looked twice. Never can tell, but I'm optimistic that he'll pass the tests without any problems and be just fine for next week. (fingers crossed)

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings (concussion) is practicing Wednesday.

Jennings suffered a concussion on Oakland's final drive of Thanksgiving, but has already been cleared to practice. Barring a setback, he's now on track to play in Week 14. Jennings is averaging 86 rushing yards and has three touchdowns over his last three games, but will be just a low-end RB2 for Sunday's matchup against the Jets' league-best run defense.

Source: Scott Bair on Twitter
Darren McFadden (hamstring) missed practice Wednesday.

McFadden returned to game action on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys but may have suffered a setback. It wouldn't be a surprise. We're talking about one of the most fragile players in the league. Rashad Jennings (concussion) was practicing Wednesday. McFadden will be the No. 2 if he even plays Sunday.

Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Bad matchup against the strong Jets rush defense. But the Jets offense isn't doing their defense any favors, so I can imagine there will be at least one or two goal line looks for Jennings this weekend. That defense can't stay on the field that many snaps and not wear down at some point. Start him if you got him.

I don't blame you for sitting Jennings for better options. But just adding that I like any RB that gets to work with a short field. The way the Jets offense is running on 3 cylinders, I like the quick point a to point b path to paydirt.

Starting Vereen over Jennings (standard scoring), but not with confidence. I could see Jennings have stats similar to last week.

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings (concussion) participated in Raiders practice for the second straight day Thursday, getting in a limited session.

Barring a setback, Jennings is on track to start and carry a heavy load against the Jets' top-ranked run defense. Darren McFadden (ankle) won't be active, meaning Jennings will be backed up by FB Marcel Reece. The Jets are a forbidding matchup, but Jennings' workload and goal-line chances are keeping him on the RB2 radar.

Source: Vittorio Tafur on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings (questionable, concussion) was "limited" in Friday's practice, and still hasn't received clearance to play in Week 14.

The Raiders try to be very secretive with injured players, and seem to be taking the same approach with Jennings. Despite practicing on a limited basis each day this week, Jennings hasn't been cleared to face contact. Or at least the Raiders aren't saying whether he is. Keep tracking the situation into Sunday, but ultimately this is a situation to avoid against the Jets' league-best run defense. Darren McFadden (ankle) has been ruled out.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Rotoworld:

The San Francisco Chronicle reports Rashad Jennings has passed his concussion test.

That's all beat writer Vic Tafur tweeted regarding Jennings. It's positive news, though, after Jennings was unable to suit up Sunday. He traveled with the Raiders to New York to face the Jets, but Jennings couldn't progress quickly enough through the NFL's concussion protocol in order to play. Jennings should practice in full this week and be ready to start against the Chiefs next Sunday at home. He'll be a mid-to-low RB2 and put Marcel Reece's volume back in question.

Related: Marcel Reece

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Not sure how many fantasy championships rosters got there with Jennings, but does mcfaddens role worry anyone about starting him in their championship.

I don't watch enough raiders ball to know how they will use these guys if both healthy and Jennings has been a bright compliment to my squad the last few weeks.

Not sure how many fantasy championships rosters got there with Jennings, but does mcfaddens role worry anyone about starting him in their championship.

I don't watch enough raiders ball to know how they will use these guys if both healthy and Jennings has been a bright compliment to my squad the last few weeks.
Presently debating amount Jennings, Todman and Gore. McFadden doesn't worry me too much, since Reece was already getting a lot of third down looks and PT. San Diego's run D ranks 11th though so that's my primary concern, followed by options like Todman where there are no backups.

i think Gore is the riskiest play. Hasn't flashed since early in the season, has a limited ceiling as they don't throw to him much anymore, and they're also trying to keep him fresh for playoff run, so if there's an early blowout, you'll see a lot of Hunter. Jennings has been a top 5 ppr RB the past 4 weeks, i'd roll with him though Todman is not far behind. Hard to trust a guy after only one big career game.

Jennings will get his carries and a couple passes. I see this floor as roughly 80/20 .75td. Not concerned about McFadden.

I've got Jennings in my lineup for my consolation match. Even if it was a championship match, still would roll Jennings with confidence. I picked up McFadden off the wire just in case of a Reggie Bush type freak injury in pregame warm-ups. But look for McFadden to be the deep handcuff for Jennings owners tomorrow. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread