What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (2 Viewers)

Oops. I said I was done. I couldn't resist. Now I'm done. Drop me in all formats. I'm at risk of sharing posts. PBC. Poster By Comittee. I was pulled on the 3rd page but my sister stayed in. What does it mean!?!? Oh no! Sell EVERYONE!!!! NOW!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, act all shocked they put it the new guy after Jennings had 34 carries earlier this same week and the game was far out of reach.

The coach is trying to do the best for his real team, not your magic football team, genius.
If the coach is really that concerned about saving his players or preventing injury I don't understand how he could leave Eli in deep into the 4th quarter.
Say! You have a point! This just in! Andre Williams owners should be worried too! Peyton Hillis stole fourth quarter carries! Holy ####! Drop in all formats! Jennings, Williams, Hillis, and David Wilson (yes the track runner) are NOW in a full blown timeshare after today's game. CLEARLY, the tide has shifted! Thank God we have been warned or we would still be stuck with part time bums like Jennings. How could I not have seen this?!?!? I would also like to get out ahead of Calvin Johnson as well. Golden Tate received more practice reps and is a threat to Calvin's targets. The sky is falling!!!!
I didn't come anywhere close to saying that. Just don't understand how coaches can leave their franchise QB's in a blowout and risk injury for no reason. Coughlin obviously isn't that concerned with long-term team preservation. It looks like Jennings took a pretty hard hit just before they pulled him so if anything there is an injury concern that forced him to leave the game and possibly changed their mind to rest him, nothing Coughlin did proactively to try and save him for rest of the season. Say! congrats on earning a bunch of dbag points though

party is over for jennings owners it looks like. andre was in on all of the important goal line situations tonight. andre started the 2nd half and got more possessions too. really shoulda sold him last week.
bull####. The coaches said theyd give williams more work due to the short week and after the heavy workload jennings had last week. Im buying, kid looks awesome
Plus Cousins #### all over himself in the 3rd quarter and there was no reason to put him in with a big lead. If it was actually a game Jennings would have been in. Personally I blame Cousins.

Yeah, act all shocked they put it the new guy after Jennings had 34 carries earlier this same week and the game was far out of reach.

The coach is trying to do the best for his real team, not your magic football team, genius.
If the coach is really that concerned about saving his players or preventing injury I don't understand how he could leave Eli in deep into the 4th quarter.
Say! You have a point! This just in! Andre Williams owners should be worried too! Peyton Hillis stole fourth quarter carries! Holy ####! Drop in all formats! Jennings, Williams, Hillis, and David Wilson (yes the track runner) are NOW in a full blown timeshare after today's game. CLEARLY, the tide has shifted! Thank God we have been warned or we would still be stuck with part time bums like Jennings. How could I not have seen this?!?!? I would also like to get out ahead of Calvin Johnson as well. Golden Tate received more practice reps and is a threat to Calvin's targets. The sky is falling!!!!
I didn't come anywhere close to saying that. Just don't understand how coaches can leave their franchise QB's in a blowout and risk injury for no reason.
I have LABORED through many games against guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees DEEP into the fourth quarter while their teams were comfortably ahead. Pulling out a quarterback in the third quarter is an unwritten sign of disrespect. They typically stay in until the mid fourth before being yanked. Replacing a running back who is only 3 days removed from 34 carries in a game that was clearly secured is far from out of the question. This a 16 game season and the Giants care very little about the fantasy ramifications. Anyone who is phishing for controversy will no doubt hook their lines to a boot, tire, or shopping cart. In other words, there is nothing of substance there.

Good to know there are some clowns out there down on him after last night. Makes sense to make a couple low ball offers in leagues I don't own him.

Had to start him this week due to byes, knew it wouldn't be a big game knowing that he had ran the ball 34 times just 3 days prior to last nights game. Came as no surprise that he didn't get any action late into that game.

I didn't come anywhere close to saying that. Just don't understand how coaches can leave their franchise QB's in a blowout and risk injury for no reason. Coughlin obviously isn't that concerned with long-term team preservation. It looks like Jennings took a pretty hard hit just before they pulled him so if anything there is an injury concern that forced him to leave the game and possibly changed their mind to rest him, nothing Coughlin did proactively to try and save him for rest of the season. Say! congrats on earning a bunch of dbag points though
He had 34 carries in the last game and was playing in a short week. The team said they would work Williams in more this week to take some load off of Jennings after being overused last week.

It's far more likely for a RB to wear down or get injured than a QB - you are making this far more difficult than it is.

While I agree that there's nothing to this from last night's perspective, you have to see that Williams showed the staff he could be counted on. I could easily see a larger role for Williams going forward. No need to run Jennings 34 times when you can balance it out.

I should have just led with this, but this is what cvnpoka does. Last year after a Bengals game he was doing the same thing in the Dalton thread. He was calling for Dalton to be benched so the Bengals could sign Josh Freeman to come in and start, because he threw a better deep ball than Dalton.

Edit. I guess we should actually thank him. If it wasn't for people over reacting to one game, we wouldn't be able to buy low or sell high.

I should have just led with this, but this is what cvnpoka does. Last year after a Bengals game he was doing the same thing in the Dalton thread. He was calling for Dalton to be benched so the Bengals could sign Josh Freeman to come in and start, because he threw a better deep ball than Dalton.

Edit. I guess we should actually thank him. If it wasn't for people over reacting to one game, we wouldn't be able to buy low or sell high.
except i actually never said that.

While I agree that there's nothing to this from last night's perspective, you have to see that Williams showed the staff he could be counted on. I could easily see a larger role for Williams going forward. No need to run Jennings 34 times when you can balance it out.
It was a perfect game for Williams to get some experience. The Giants had control of the game from the start, and there was no need to keep Jennings out there after he ran the ball 30+ times just a few days prior. Jennings also already seems to have a good grasp of the offense, but some of the others (including Eli) needed the reps to continue to gel in their new offensive scheme.

Actually you did. If you care to see it go back to the Andy Dalton can't throw a deep ball it is on the first page. You reference that Alex Smith is worse than Dalton, but Freeman should get a shot over Dalton. Keep over reacting, and good luck.

oh ya i just checked. the thread where you said that vincent jackson was as good as aj green. ya, fun times.

at least i quickly backed off on freeman when it was clear he had regressed immensely. you couldnt remotely defend the vjax vs green position but that didnt stop you from childishly dismissing anyone that disagreed.

Jennings 35 of first 52 snaps.

Williams 28 of final 29 snaps.

The Giants are down on Jennings, obv. Or they were winning big in their second game in five days and Jennings was near 50 combined touches. One of those.

Let's see:

1. Giants play Sunday and Jennings has 34 touches

2. Giants state Wednesday that they will limit Jennings touches in Thursday game 4 days later.

3. To make the decision even easier, Giants blow out Redskins by halftime.

3. Giants limit Jenning touches.

Shocking....shocking I say.

oh ya i just checked. the thread where you said that vincent jackson was as good as aj green. ya, fun times.

at least i quickly backed off on freeman when it was clear he had regressed immensely. you couldnt remotely defend the vjax vs green position but that didnt stop you from childishly dismissing anyone that disagreed.
Actually I said he was a tier below him, and lots of people agreed with me and the stats backed it up. Anyways i am done with you and not clogging up this thread. Good luck

Actually you did. If you care to see it go back to the Andy Dalton can't throw a deep ball it is on the first page. You reference that Alex Smith is worse than Dalton, but Freeman should get a shot over Dalton. Keep over reacting, and good luck.
heres the thing, you could go back through every single posters history and find a place where they were very wrong. in this instance, i barely defended the dalton vs freeman thing. i made a long list of qbs i preferred to dalton and then mentioned freeman in another post. it was just a throwaway comment and i made a solid list he wasnt even on it. its not like i went on and on defending it and spouting off. not that it should really matter as ive staunchly defended a way worse position many other times. mebbe you should dig those up. i guess it really offended you and i apologize as it seemed an innocuous position but i guess not.

but you just cant let it go. its really really weird. youve seriously followed me around and mentioned it in every thread ive posted in for over a year. that is very disturbing behavior. given your weird obsession with making me look bad, i gotta think ive been pretty accurate as that is the only poor position (and it really wasnt even a big error) you have been able to repeat.

I'm kinda new here, but its becoming pretty obvious that cvnpoka is the kid pecking away at his keyboard from his parents basement.

Actually I said he was a tier below him, and lots of people agreed with me and the stats backed it up. Anyways i am done with you and not clogging up this thread. Good luck
nope. these were your words.

Vincent Jackson is probably equal to AJ Green by NFL standards, not fantasy.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695929&page=1#entry16099638

oh wait, did you change your position later? kinda like i did on freeman when i said he was mentally shot and i would no longer take him?

nope, you made this snarky remark

These are just stats but they both are the best receivers on their teams.

AJ Green - 3026 yards 23 touchdowns since he came into the league.

V. Jax - 3034 yards 21 touchdown in the same time.

Weird :rolleyes:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695929&page=1#entry16099732

then when it finally became clear that everyone disagreed with you, you lied about the position you had held and did so in a demeaning manner while still maintaining they were similar in ability.

Obviously everyone in the world would take Green over him because he is younger and SLIGHTLY more talented, they aren't worlds apart.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695929&page=2#entry16099892

maybe you can finally put this silly vendetta of yours to rest.

Last night hurt as a Jennings owner, but as the Giants were pulling away and he was fresh off of almost 40 touches 4 days prior, I get it.

The only thing that really got me :hot: was when he dropped an easy TD pass and when he wasn't in for the 1st and goal from 2 to start the 4th... I mean cmon, give him a chance to carry it in.

Jennings is obviously the lead dawg in that backfield, and if this game was closer, the split would've been a lot more lopsided.

Lots of defensive owners in here. Bottomline, the game was still within reach when he dropped that pass for a gimme touchdown. Did not get in the game after that. Take from that what you will.

I'm kinda new here, but its becoming pretty obvious that cvnpoka is the kid pecking away at his keyboard from his parents basement.
heres the thing. i dont attack people. i dont insult people. i dont follow people from thread to thread and point out instances where they were wrong from years ago.

i state opinions about what is going on in football and fantasy football. i dont do so in a condescending manner despite being attacked by many people who take my comments out of context and blow them out of proportion.

you can look through my post history and you will find that i provide statistics and facts to support my positions and to dispute misguided posts. but, unlike many on here, when i take a contrary viewpoint i dont attack the other poster nor act snarky and demeaning. mebbe i should.

Lots of defensive owners in here. Bottomline, the game was still within reach when he dropped that pass for a gimme touchdown. Did not get in the game after that. Take from that what you will.
There was 6:39 left in the 3rd quarter when he dropped that pass. He was back in the game at 5:38 with a 7 yard gain on the Washington 35. The Giants scored on that drive and Jennings was done for the night. The Giants scored again at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the game was out of control by then. They would score one more time in the 4th quarter.

There was 6:39 left in the 3rd quarter when he dropped that pass. He was back in the game at 5:38 with a 7 yard gain on the Washington 35. The Giants scored on that drive and Jennings was done for the night. The Giants scored again at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the game was out of control by then. They would score one more time in the 4th quarter.
Thanks for this. I was just about to post that. Jennings is the best RB on this team at the moment by a good margin. The drop was bad, but you are under the assumption it is why he did not play much after it which is completely false.

Lol @ cvnpoka liking Freeman over Dalton. It's good that cvnpoka states his opinions so we can just do the opposite of it. When ever I am on the fence about something its what I do.

Insein said:
That's not accurate.

There were plenty of rumblings earlier this week about the Giants' plans to limit Jennings'. Jennings owners got dinged for the week, but shouldn't really be surprised.

I don't see this becoming a full blown RBBC, but I do think Williams earned more playing time and am concerned that he'll become the Giants' TD vulture.

Before last night, I barely considered handcuffing Jennings and Williams. Now, I think it's a no-brainer if you can still get him.

Insein said:
Well Williams can't catch either so they're going to have to find someone else if they want to throw a screen pass.

fantasycurse42 said:
Last night hurt as a Jennings owner, but as the Giants were pulling away and he was fresh off of almost 40 touches 4 days prior, I get it.

The only thing that really got me :hot: was when he dropped an easy TD pass and when he wasn't in for the 1st and goal from 2 to start the 4th... I mean cmon, give him a chance to carry it in.

Jennings is obviously the lead dawg in that backfield, and if this game was closer, the split would've been a lot more lopsided.
He couldn't get his hands up in time after pushing the Redskins defender down, cut him some slack.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Giants reporter Dan Graziano says Rashad Jennings is the Giants' "clear No. 1" running back.

Rookie Andre Williams saw as many carries as Jennings on Thursday night, but Graziano said that would not have been the case in a "normal Sunday game." "The split workload Thursday had more to do with keeping Jennings from breaking down under a too-strenuous five-day workload than it did anything else," said Graziano. Jennings is still the No. 1 back in New York, and will be in the RB1 conversation against the Falcons Week 5.

Source: ESPN New York
Sep 27 - 11:48 AM

B..b..b..ut Manning didnt get pulled early. Surely Jennings is now in a full blown time share because I know better than the team. Jennings still the lead back? I dont believe it.

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings is on pace for 324 carries.

Jennings has 48 touches over the last five days. The Giants rested him in the second half on Thursday night, allowing rookie Andre Williams to run for 66 yards and a touchdown. 29-year-old Jennings has never had more than 163 carries in a season and isn't going to hold up on his current workloads. Williams showed well in mop-up duty and is a candidate for an expanded role. Outside of his Week 3 matchup with the Texans, Jennings is averaging 3.5 yards per carry.

Sep 27 - 5:36 PM

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings is on pace for 324 carries.

Jennings has 48 touches over the last five days. The Giants rested him in the second half on Thursday night, allowing rookie Andre Williams to run for 66 yards and a touchdown. 29-year-old Jennings has never had more than 163 carries in a season and isn't going to hold up on his current workloads. Williams showed well in mop-up duty and is a candidate for an expanded role. Outside of his Week 3 matchup with the Texans, Jennings is averaging 3.5 yards per carry.

Sep 27 - 5:36 PM
Outside of week 1 against the Lions, who have one of the best D lines in the league i might add, he's averaging 4.5 yards per carry.

You Jennings owners are in denial if you don't have some concern. Williams is starting to show that he may be an option in the meaningful part of games.

I am not saying Jones is not the clear 1

Am I saying there is a real possibility that Williams will get more carries next week than he did in games 1-3. And maybe even steal a drive or a TD or two.

You Jennings owners are in denial if you don't have some concern. Williams is starting to show that he may be an option in the meaningful part of games.

I am not saying Jones is not the clear 1

Am I saying there is a real possibility that Williams will get more carries next week than he did in games 1-3. And maybe even steal a drive or a TD or two.
So who should we worry about?

Jennings because he didn't get a lot of work in the second half of a blow out?

Williams because their is a possibility that he will see more action then he did in weeks 1 - 3

Or this Jones character, who you aren't saying isn't the clear cut number 1?

it really is unbelievable how much hate the jennings owners spewed at ppl simply making observations and drawing a conclusion. and they were wrong.

Did anyone see the actual play and how bad it looked?

I don't own Jennings or Williams, just curious if this is looking like a multiple week thing or not.

so that is 2 weeks in a row where williams outscores jennings? not a time share tho right?
Isn't Jennings injured?
Even if - he's proving a lack of durability - which is going to cut into his time
This is completely missing the point he was trying to make. He's calling it a time share because of two games. In game A he was rested since it was on a THU after rushing 35 times the week before and they had the game won by halftime. In game B he gets outscored because he's injured.

didnt realize he was hurt. looked like they put in williams and he gashed for a td. if jennings was actually hurt then the sky may not be falling.

Users who are viewing this thread