What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (1 Viewer)

what do people think of jennings tomorrow? pretty good matchup but hasn't able to find the endzone much this year (granted has only played in 5 or 6 games)
He got hurt during week 5, and scored two tds in 2 out of those 4.5 games. Last weekend Eli threw so many interceptions, there wasn't a lot of chances at the gl, plus it was his first game back from injury. He did get a lot of touches his first game back. He is used in the running and passing game, and I wouldn't hesitate to put him in the lineup against Dallas.

It sucks from a fantasy perspective but it makes sense since they are both productive. They need Jennings healthy and giving him the ball 30 times a game isn't the way to do that.

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings left Week 13 against the Jaguars with an ankle injury.

Jennings was listed as questionable to return, but didn't play on the Giants' final two drives. He finished with 26 carries for 91 yards and two touchdowns, adding three yards on five targets. Jennings has a history of slow recovery from injuries and could be in danger of sitting out Week 14. Andre Williams had 10 touches for 37 yards behind Jennings and would start next week if he misses time.

Nov 30 - 4:11 PM

Just read that this DMC 2.0 hurt his ankle... He didn't play the last two series.

:hot:

Just in time for the playoffs you fragile ****!

rotoworld

Rashad Jennings claimed he's not worried about missing time after injuring his ankle in Sunday's loss at Jacksonville.

Jennings sat out the final two Giants drives, finishing with 26-91-2 on the ground. His optimism is somewhat encouraging, but he did admit that he couldn't return to the game because he couldn't press down on his ankle. Andre Williams would start in a dream spot at Tennessee in Week 14 if Jennings can't go.
week 14 seems to be in serious doubt... what benefit does NY get by rushing a player back in a lost season? What a bummer for us folks who need him next week

edit: jene brammel's twitter post has him guessing a high ankle sprain.... someone else added jennings was spotted in locker room with an "Exaggerated limp".

Last edited by a moderator:
rotoworld

Rashad Jennings claimed he's not worried about missing time after injuring his ankle in Sunday's loss at Jacksonville.

Jennings sat out the final two Giants drives, finishing with 26-91-2 on the ground. His optimism is somewhat encouraging, but he did admit that he couldn't return to the game because he couldn't press down on his ankle. Andre Williams would start in a dream spot at Tennessee in Week 14 if Jennings can't go.
week 14 seems to be in serious doubt... what benefit does NY get by rushing a player back in a lost season? What a bummer for us folks who need him next week

edit: jene brammel's twitter post has him guessing a high ankle sprain.... someone else added jennings was spotted in locker room with an "Exaggerated limp".
Of course we have the typical situation here where the player says he’s fine and won’t miss any time, while others familiar with the situation paint a much bleaker picture.

The above poster makes a lot of sense. It’s a lost season for the Giants. They just blew a large lead against the Jags and lost. Even if he is active, I don’t see how they don’t give Williams and the other backs more touches.

Point to the shirt – he scored 30 points last week and is facing a defense giving up the most fantasy points to RBs and I can’t trust him enough to play him even if he is a go.

Anyone have a differing view point that he’ll be fine and get the bulk of the touches?

I'll wait until the end of the week to worry here.
Yeah I'm kind of stressing out because my best alternatives play Thursday night
I know a lot of RBs who come out of the game because of a hurt ankle and does not return in the game that was still close only to come back completely healthy next week.

Jennings is going to be useless in week 14, if you own both your hope is he is Out and they give the rock to Williams.

rotoworld

Of course we have the typical situation here where the player says he’s fine and won’t miss any time, while others familiar with the situation paint a much bleaker picture.

The above poster makes a lot of sense. It’s a lost season for the Giants. They just blew a large lead against the Jags and lost. Even if he is active, I don’t see how they don’t give Williams and the other backs more touches.

Point to the shirt – he scored 30 points last week and is facing a defense giving up the most fantasy points to RBs and I can’t trust him enough to play him even if he is a go.

Anyone have a differing view point that he’ll be fine and get the bulk of the touches?
If he plays / starts, you go with him. No guarantees... but people seem to think that the NFL is all looking to next year. They are not, certainly not solely. An NFL team will generally put out their best team if healthy enough. And the Giants are going to do just that.

meaning, if they can tape it up and he can go, I'd roll with him.

FWIW, who are the "other people close to the situation" who are saying Jennings is hurt more than he's letting on?

I know a lot of RBs who come out of the game because of a hurt ankle and does not return in the game that was still close only to come back completely healthy next week.

Jennings is going to be useless in week 14, if you own both your hope is he is Out and they give the rock to Williams.
Huh?

Your first sentence states how often a guy leaves a game not to return but is fine the next week.

Then you say he will be useless?

Williams has been very underwhelming. If I had both, I'd hope like heck that Jennings is healthy and plays a full game. If he can go, he will get his share of the workload as he did this past week.

Is Andre Williams a must start if Jennings sits this week?
He never had more then 59 yards rushing when Jennings was out earlier in the year, so no, he's far from a must start. He'd be a decent flex option though.
another strategy is to simply grab him off the WW in order to prevent the jennings owner from having a viable option should it become a GTD.

Huh?

Your first sentence states how often a guy leaves a game not to return but is fine the next week.

Williams has been very underwhelming. If I had both, I'd hope like heck that Jennings is healthy and plays a full game. If he can go, he will get his share of the workload as he did this past week.
The first line was clearly sarcasm. :whoosh:

Is Andre Williams a must start if Jennings sits this week?
He never had more then 59 yards rushing when Jennings was out earlier in the year, so no, he's far from a must start. He'd be a decent flex option though.
another strategy is to simply grab him off the WW in order to prevent the jennings owner from having a viable option should it become a GTD.
He did play some pretty tough defenses and he now has some more experience then he did 6 games ago. Doesnt make him any better but it makes a difference when you play the 31st ranked D.

edit. We shouldnt discount the likely hood he gets a TD.

Huh?

I know at least 2 people that couldn't tell it was sarcasm, me being one.

Huh?

Except that it happens all the time. Ankle twists, tweaks etc and guy's fine the week after. That makes it a factual statement which is, well, the opposite of sarcasm. Sorta.

Ironic eh? (now THAT'S sarcasm)

Something to bear in mind with regard to both Jennings and Williams is that the Giants already cobbled together and ineffective offensive line lost two more players during the game which is one of the reasons why the offense completely collapsed in the second half.

I think Jennings may well start. I'm not a mind reader but this strikes me as the sort of minor injury that players get toward the end of the season that hurts like hell after the game but can be rested up over the course of the week. (We used to see this from Bradshaw all the time, between major injuries.) If he starts, given the match-up and given that he's mostly been finding ways to get points, I think you have to start him. But based on the disastrous state of the Giants offensive line, I would temper expectations and if you're on the fence between Jennings and another good option, I might lean towards that other option.

I'm fortunate to have a bye in the first round of the playoffs to see how this all shakes out. Hopefully we'll have some clarity by week 15.

Just read that myself. :wall:

I have no choice but to go with Denard Robinson as my RB2 and that makes me sick to my stomach given what Jennings did last week and what a healthy Jennings could have done this week.

I ####### hate this guy!!!!

6 weeks ago with Shady, Bernard, Hillman, and Jennings I felt great only having to start two of these guys... I'm 2nd waiver with a Williams claim in, but without it I'm stuck with ####### Gio :kicksrock:

I have a feeling they'll deem it a HAS and he will be IR'd. Wish I knew now as I'd cut his ###. I literally have no one else to cut (10 team league, can't let potential opponents get better)

NY has been alternating series with Williams and Jennings through the first three quarters and Jennings takes over in the 4th. Williams isn't the worst option to plug in if you have him. He has a pretty decent chance of getting at least tacking on a 4th quarter series or two.

Not practicing today... I succeeded in my Williams waiver claim. Against Tenn, might plug him in.

I almost hope he doesn't play. Williams should be a decent option if Jennings doesn't go.

Not practicing today... I succeeded in my Williams waiver claim. Against Tenn, might plug him in.

I almost hope he doesn't play. Williams should be a decent option if Jennings doesn't go.
I like Jennings and I wish no one injury, but I do say I wish for Jennings to take his time to get better. I am rolling Mathews and Gore, If Jennings dont play I will throw Williams in. Just dont know which of the scrubs to bench, guess it could be worse.

I like Jennings and I wish no one injury, but I do say I wish for Jennings to take his time to get better. I am rolling Mathews and Gore, If Jennings dont play I will throw Williams in. Just dont know which of the scrubs to bench, guess it could be worse.
My biggest fear is him playing and then coming out after one or two series. This is kinda why I hope he sits. Against Tenn, Williams should be a decent option.

Lets play assistant coach as I am sure we are all in the same boat.

He missed the final quarter with a bad ankle, he has an injury history like DMC, he takes forever to heal, and the Giants just signed a RB... To say he is highly questionable is almost an understatement.

For those of us who have Andre Williams, assuming Jennings doesn't play, where are we ranking him this week?

My only options are Andre or Gio, I'm leaning Andre. I think you could do worse.

Guys who are ahead of Andre Williams without question IMO:

L Bell, Foster, Lacy, Forte, Charles, Murray, Anderson, Lynch, McCoy, & Forsett... I wouldn't consider Andre Williams as the lead back against Tenn over the aforementioned.

Once we hit the J Bell, Mason, Herron, Denard, Crowell, Gio/Hill, Morris range the decision becomes much more difficult.

ETA: Against a terrible run defense, a season that is basically in the books, and a rookie RB - wouldn't they want to see if they can lean on this guy for the future?

My biggest fear is him playing and then coming out after one or two series. This is kinda why I hope he sits. Against Tenn, Williams should be a decent option.
Even a better option in TD leagues since he was scoring with Jennings as starter anyways.

I could pick up Williams to start but I already have a mess to decide on ONE between Hill, Mathews, J. Bell and Mason

anyone in this territory?

Yeah I am unfortunately resigned to the fact that he'll be out. Annoying since I actually had Andre Williams but dropped him because I wanted to claim the STL defense a couple weeks back.

Leaves me with either Denard Robinson or Marion Grice as my RB2 this week. Hooray.

I think Williams is a mid running back 2 this week if Jennings is out. The problem with Williams is his range. He could go out there and play like a rookie and get you 3 points. Or he could have a game like Jennings had last week. If I had this problem, I would look at who I am playing. Dissect the matchup and figure out if you are the underdog. If you are I go with Williams. If you are the favorite go with Gio. He is a sure 6 points. I used standard scoring. Ppr I think it is Gio

If Jennings is out against TEN, I can see him doing very well. I have a stock of matchup RBs from 15-25: Ingram, Gio, Lamar, Matthews, Herron & Latavius and I put him on par with Ingram so this week:

Ingram – Car

Williams – @TEN (matchup gives him a higher ceiling than the others)

Lamar – Bal

Herron – @Cle (matchup looks better to me than Lamar's)

Matthews– NE

Gio – Pit (might get a few more touches given Hill's comments this week)

Lets play assistant coach as I am sure we are all in the same boat.

He missed the final quarter with a bad ankle, he has an injury history like DMC, he takes forever to heal, and the Giants just signed an RB... To say he is highly questionable is almost an understatement.

For those of us who have Andre Williams, assuming Jennings doesn't play, where are we ranking him this week?

My only options are Andre or Gio, I'm leaning Andre. I think you could do worse.

Guys who are ahead of Andre Williams without question IMO:

L Bell, Foster, Lacy, Forte, Charles, Murray, Anderson, Lynch, McCoy, & Forsett... I wouldn't consider Andre Williams as the lead back against Tenn over the aforementioned.

Once we hit the J Bell, Mason, Herron, Denard, Crowell, Gio/Hill, Morris range the decision becomes much more difficult.
It wouldn't be for me. Williams has not been that productive in the NFL. Most of those other guys have. I trust every one of them except Herron and Denard over him easily and I still like those 2 over him anyway. He's a flex at best if he starts, regardless of matchup

I think people who are higher on Williams than others are too focused on the matchup and forgetting just how lackluster Williams was when Jennings was out the first time around. In those 4 games, Williams never hit 60 rushing yards. He had rushing totals of 22, 33, 51 and 59. He also had 2 games with no catches and had 1 and 2 in the others. He did get 2 TDs but those came in games where he had less than 50 yards total. Ultimately through 4 starts, he averaged 8.6 points in PPR. That's incredibly pedestrian. If you think he will overachieve this week because of matchup, I get that but the Titans rank as low as they do because they've been destroyed by the likes of Shady, Bell, Forsett, Foster and Murray, which totally inflate their yards allowed total. They held Morris to 54 yards. They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started. They can contain mediocre RBs and Andre Williams is that. We are still talking about a guy with a 2.9ypc this season who is pretty much nonexistent in the passing game. This game was a dream matchup for Jennings. For Williams.... eh. I'd flex him with moderate expectations but any talk of him being a viable RB2 is the same overrating he got when he took over for Jennings the first time.

Of course this could be the rantings of a bitter Jennings owner in two leagues who has Andre Williams in neither.

I think people who are higher on Williams than others are too focused on the matchup and forgetting just how lackluster Williams was when Jennings was out the first time around. In those 4 games, Williams never hit 60 rushing yards. He had rushing totals of 22, 33, 51 and 59. He also had 2 games with no catches and had 1 and 2 in the others. He did get 2 TDs but those came in games where he had less than 50 yards total. Ultimately through 4 starts, he averaged 8.6 points in PPR. That's incredibly pedestrian. If you think he will overachieve this week because of matchup, I get that but the Titans rank as low as they do because they've been destroyed by the likes of Shady, Bell, Forsett, Foster and Murray, which totally inflate their yards allowed total. They held Morris to 54 yards. They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started. They can contain mediocre RBs and Andre Williams is that. We are still talking about a guy with a 2.9ypc this season who is pretty much nonexistent in the passing game. This game was a dream matchup for Jennings. For Williams.... eh. I'd flex him with moderate expectations but any talk of him being a viable RB2 is the same overrating he got when he took over for Jennings the first time.

Of course this could be the rantings of a bitter Jennings owner in two leagues who has Andre Williams in neither.
Of course they are focused on matchup. It is win or go home time. Nobody is picking Williams up for week 15, there may not be a week 15 to worry about.

"They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started"

LOL!!!!!!!! Not Storm Johnson and T-Rich!!!!!

Of course they are focused on matchup. It is win or go home time. Nobody is picking Williams up for week 15, there may not be a week 15 to worry about.

"They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started"

LOL!!!!!!!!
Glad I could make you laugh by ignoring my basic point that they've done well against non-elite running backs.

I grabbed him, If Jennings is out..

I need to decide between the RB 20-30 Range mess

A. Williams

J. Bell

R. Mathews

J. Hill

T. Mason

For ONE spot wooof.

Of course they are focused on matchup. It is win or go home time. Nobody is picking Williams up for week 15, there may not be a week 15 to worry about."They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started"

LOL!!!!!!!!
Glad I could make you laugh by ignoring my basic point that they've done well against non-elite running backs.
Andre Williams does get red zone looks. Nobody is claiming that he is great, but if you have few options left during the playoffs you can do worse than the opportunity that he at least presents.

Users who are viewing this thread