What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
12 team 24 roster 1/2 point PPR. Team A gives: Kendall Wright Team B gives: 2013 1.08

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Own Wright in multiple dynasty leagues and would not make that trade right now.

If after the combine, etc., if i thought there were 8 players in this draft that I like more than Wright, then I would do it. As of now, would not move him for less than 1.05 (or would do for mulitple picks)

PS thanks for starting this thread:-)

'solorca said:
'squistion said:
12 team 24 roster 1/2 point PPR.Team A gives: Kendall WrightTeam B gives: 2013 1.08
Seems like a great deal for Team B.
Yep
Thanks, that was me. I am strong at RB and QB but weak at WR (Vince Jackson & Sidney Rice but not much else) and figured better to get a younger vet with upside rather than take my chances on what might be available at 1.08. The Jake Locker factor is the wild card, but doesn't concern me. I actually think Locker will develop in time to a McNabb type QB, but if even if he doesn't, I feel Wright should be at the very least a serviceable flex start. We will see.

Traded Jordy for 1.06, 2.02, and Kaepernick. Tough to get rid of jordy at his current value, but I took 4th due to poor QB play. Love Kaep's upside and he should only get better

'squistion said:
12 team 24 roster 1/2 point PPR.Team A gives: Kendall WrightTeam B gives: 2013 1.08
just curious, where did Wright get drafted last year?
1.10 by the owner who traded him.
I don't think Wright will ever be a WR #1 in any offense and I have my doubts about Jake Locker. As we all can see what a bad QB can do for a WR in Arizona. I think getting a 1.08 is ok value when you already have Cobb, Nicks, Cruz, Fitz, Antonio Brown and Stevie Johnson at WR. In the same league I just traded Brady for Eli and the 1.10. Some would say that too isn't good, but I also have Aaron Rodgers and Bradford and that now makes 4 1st rd picks. I hope to parlay some of that to 2014 picks, but if I don't, that's ok too.

'squistion said:
I don't think Wright will ever be a WR #1 in any offense and I have my doubts about Jake Locker. As we all can see what a bad QB can do for a WR in Arizona. I think getting a 1.08 is ok value when you already have Cobb, Nicks, Cruz, Fitz, Antonio Brown and Stevie Johnson at WR. In the same league I just traded Brady for Eli and the 1.10. Some would say that too isn't good, but I also have Aaron Rodgers and Bradford and that now makes 4 1st rd picks. I hope to parlay some of that to 2014 picks, but if I don't, that's ok too.
I'd just assume play keep-away than settle for the 1.10 for Brady.

'squistion said:
I'd just assume play keep-away than settle for the 1.10 for Brady.
It's not settling when you're also getting an underachieving, five or four years younger, Eli Manning in addition to the pick. I still think Eli Manning will score more points than Tom Brady over the next 4 years. I have that luxury with this team imo. I remember this time last year you couldn't get a 1st in a deal for Brady and he will be 36 next season. Now's the time while I also have Aaron Rodgers.

Just seen this

Moreno/ 2.8

1.5/ Celek

Edit not mine but have been very interested in deals involving Moreno.

Just seen this Moreno/ 2.81.5/ CelekEdit not mine but have been very interested in deals involving Moreno.
Robbery for the person that dealt Moreno.
I wouldn't go that far, but it seems overpaying for Moreno. In the most recent Moreno thread, I was reading that the feeling was he that his value was more along the lines of a late 1st and some even said an early 2nd was the most they would pay. Although this might turn out OK in that in most years the 1.05 is usually the 2nd tier of RBs and if McGahee's days are numbered as a lead RB, then Moreno is arguably as good as what might be available then (but that assumes that one is a believer in Moreno, which I am not).

Team A gave up:

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Team B gave up:

Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

Pick 1.06

Pick 2.02

Next trade is a different league

Team A gave up

Morris, Alfred WAS RB

Royster, Evan WAS RB

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Team B gave up

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Team A gave up:

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Team B gave up:

Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

Pick 1.06

Pick 2.02

Team A gave up

Morris, Alfred WAS RB

Royster, Evan WAS RB

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Team B gave up

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE
What is the scoring for the league with the Morris trade?

Team A gave up:

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Team B gave up:

Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

Pick 1.06

Pick 2.02

Team A gave up

Morris, Alfred WAS RB

Royster, Evan WAS RB

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Team B gave up

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE
I pretty much almost universally view dynasty trades as "who got the best player", and that is the case with these two. First one is close, but I'll take Nelson.

Second one, I like the Nelson package by a fairly significant margin.

Team A gave up:

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Team B gave up:

Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

Pick 1.06

Pick 2.02

Team A gave up

Morris, Alfred WAS RB

Royster, Evan WAS RB

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Team B gave up

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE
What is the scoring for the league with the Morris trade?
Ppr, 6pt all tds, 3pt 100/300yd bonuses. Qbs are highest scorers.

Had a few already (generally do within the first 2-4 weeks of the off-season). ***Disclaimer - these are long standing "friends" leagues with medium level buy ins and we have seen our share of really nice/fair trades and some head scratchers over the year. Not looking for any "team A is an idiot" "team B by far",etc - just throwing them out there for now.

12 team/30 players (no kickers) start 1/2/3/1 - superflex - QB = 1/20, 4/TD, 1 INT, staggered PPR (.5/1/1.5) - 1/10 yardage. Draft is rounds 1&2 upon completion of NFL draft and rounds 3-5 in August (round 3 holds as much/more value than round 2 to a point)

Team A gets Kaepernick

Team B gets 1.7 in 2013

Team C gets D. Murray

Team D gets 1.8/3.8 in 2013

12 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; QB = 1/25, 4 TD, 2 INT, bonus for 100/100/300

Team A gets M. Ingram

Team B gets 1.12 in 2013 (Ingram drafted 1.3 in 2011 and has been traded each of last 2 off seasons)

Team B gets MJD/Rashad Jennings/Andrew Hawkins/Fleener

Team C gets A. Morris/Lamar Miller/Dev Henderson/Sanu

Team C gets R. Wayne

Team D gets Stephen Hill/2014 1st (gives owner three 1sts in 2014)

Had a few already (generally do within the first 2-4 weeks of the off-season). ***Disclaimer - these are long standing "friends" leagues with medium level buy ins and we have seen our share of really nice/fair trades and some head scratchers over the year. Not looking for any "team A is an idiot" "team B by far",etc - just throwing them out there for now.12 team/30 players (no kickers) start 1/2/3/1 - superflex - QB = 1/20, 4/TD, 1 INT, staggered PPR (.5/1/1.5) - 1/10 yardage. Draft is rounds 1&2 upon completion of NFL draft and rounds 3-5 in August (round 3 holds as much/more value than round 2 to a point)Team A gets KaepernickTeam B gets 1.7 in 2013Team C gets D. MurrayTeam D gets 1.8/3.8 in 201312 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; QB = 1/25, 4 TD, 2 INT, bonus for 100/100/300Team A gets M. IngramTeam B gets 1.12 in 2013 (Ingram drafted 1.3 in 2011 and has been traded each of last 2 off seasons)Team B gets MJD/Rashad Jennings/Andrew Hawkins/FleenerTeam C gets A. Morris/Lamar Miller/Dev Henderson/SanuTeam C gets R. WayneTeam D gets Stephen Hill/2014 1st (gives owner three 1sts in 2014)
Looks like picks go at a premium in that league...

Looks like picks go at a premium in that league...
They are 2 separate leagues with some cross over in ownership but, yes, picks are generally overvalued in both leagues. I usually put the "status" of each team (building, win now, etc) but it's too early in the off-season to figure out what each owner is trying to accomplish. With the picks being at a premium (to use your word), it can be beneficial to get them now as they go up in price closer to the drafts (not advocating any of the trades listed for that reason, just filling in a dynamic of the leagues).

'squistion said:
Give me Wright easily
Do you ever see Wright as much more than a WR #4 fantasy WR with Locker throwing to him and on that team? I think sometimes we automatically think a guy's talent will translate to fantasy production. I used to think that way until I saw what happened to Larry Fitzgerald. Even in dynasty leagues we have to take situation into account. The theory talent over situation doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. I'm not even convinced his talent will ever be WR #1 on a team and his upsided could be limited.Edited for poor spelling.

'squistion said:
Give me Wright easily
Do you ever see Wright as much more than a WR #4 fantasy WR with Locker throwing to him and on that team? I think sometimes we automatically think a guy's talent will translate to fantasy production. I used to think that way until I saw what happened to Larry Fitzgerald. Even in dynasty leagues we have to take situation in account. The theory talent over situation doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. I'm not even convinced his talent will ever be WR #1 on a team and his upsided could be limited.
Good post Johnny U and I agree with all of that. I don't see him as more than a #4 with any QB but that is just an opinion. That said, not sure that the player at 1.8 this year is going to be much more than that either unless your darts are right on the WR values and the right one is there when you make that pick. As a tangent, the dynasty trade threads were one of my favorite reads but have increasingly become 75%+ of "give me XXX easily" "what a steal", etc. I am all for discussion but that is not discussion. /tangent and everyone resume critiquing each trade.

'squistion said:
Give me Wright easily
Do you ever see Wright as much more than a WR #4 fantasy WR with Locker throwing to him and on that team? I think sometimes we automatically think a guy's talent will translate to fantasy production. I used to think that way until I saw what happened to Larry Fitzgerald. Even in dynasty leagues we have to take situation in account. The theory talent over situation doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. I'm not even convinced his talent will ever be WR #1 on a team and his upsided could be limited.
Good post Johnny U and I agree with all of that. I don't see him as more than a #4 with any QB but that is just an opinion. That said, not sure that the player at 1.8 this year is going to be much more than that either unless your darts are right on the WR values and the right one is there when you make that pick. As a tangent, the dynasty trade threads were one of my favorite reads but have increasingly become 75%+ of "give me XXX easily" "what a steal", etc. I am all for discussion but that is not discussion. /tangent and everyone resume critiquing each trade.
See post #14 for why I could afford to do that trade. I hope to send some of those 2013 1st rd picks for 2014 1st rd picks, which I'm much higher on at the top of the draft. However, I do like the middle of the 1st rd of this draft and I have 4 1st rd picks right in the middle to late middle of the 1st round.

Team E getsLocker, Britt, Torrey Smith, 2013 1.07Team F getsFitzpatrick, Ben Tate, Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts
I like the Team F side.
By a significant margin
I like it too (don't like Britt, Locker or Smith) but did you guys take into account the destruciton that Tebow will cause in Jax? Shorts is highly likely to see a huge drop in production and Fitzpatrick is on his way out the door.

Team E getsLocker, Britt, Torrey Smith, 2013 1.07Team F getsFitzpatrick, Ben Tate, Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts
I like the Team F side.
By a significant margin
What am i missing? Give me team E all day....
Both QBs are backups and are pretty much a wash.Team F is getting the best single player in the deal (Nelson).Tate and 1.07 is pretty similar in my view. Shorts is pretty similar value to the other WRs.

T gave up Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB;Henne, Chad JAC QB, 1.07, and 1.09 gave up Shorts, Cecil JAC WR;Thompson, Taylor TEN TE
So what we have here is Cecil Shorts (with Tebow) for 1.07 & 1.09 plus some garbage exchanged also. Give me the 2 picks all day.

Sorry responses as they are from my phone. They definitely don't help the thread.

It sounds like we disagree on Wright. I think he will be more than a WR4, I think Locker is better than I am interpreting your view to be. I would surely trade away Wright, but need a much higher pick in this class as i don't have any real targets. I would trade him to an underwhelming team for a 14 first if Wright was far down my depth chart for the lottery ticket in, my opinion, a better projected class.

I like the Team F side.
By a significant margin
What am i missing? Give me team E all day....
I wouldn't trade Jordy Nelson for both Britt and Torrey Smith. I think Britt is another air head that is also brittle and inconsistent and Torrey Smith may be a one trick pony. I think Cecil Shorts is the real deal too and I like him more than Britt as well.

Sorry responses as they are from my phone. They definitely don't help the thread.

It sounds like we disagree on Wright. I think he will be more than a WR4, I think Locker is better than I am interpreting your view to be. I would surely trade away Wright, but need a much higher pick in this class as i don't have any real targets. I would trade him to an underwhelming team for a 14 first if Wright was far down my depth chart for the lottery ticket in, my opinion, a better projected class.
That is what I will intend to do, but we can't trade 2014 picks yet, so I will make good use of the 2013 picks in obtaining 2014 picks. But if I don't achieve this, I'm confident that Wright will never be a WR #1 and his size, qb, and situation does leave a sour taste in my mouth. His 9.5 YPC does also.

Thanks for the clarification. I think only Smith or Britt have to come close to their potential to far outweigh the other side. Yes, i have concerns that they may not get there, but think it is more than worth it.

See post #14 for why I could afford to do that trade. I hope to send some of those 2013 1st rd picks for 2014 1st rd picks, which I'm much higher on at the top of the draft. However, I do like the middle of the 1st rd of this draft and I have 4 1st rd picks right in the middle to late middle of the 1st round.
I see that and know you have a plan and a contingency and would take the same course as you. After seeing your ranking thread, I have an idea of who you like and I,too, think that a couple/few of those guys have a chance to be better than Wright if the situation is good. If not, we all know that current picks can generally be flipped for future picks as the draft rolls around.

Users who are viewing this thread