What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

In recent dynasty startup drafts Murray is going a couple rounds before Blackmon (3rd vs 5th), but that really isn't too far of a difference especially before you consider roster makeup.

'MrMoo32 said:
'meroj said:
Gave Mathews/Wallace Received Cobb/1.8 rookie
To early to tell on this trade IMO... Depends where wallace goes and who coaches Mathews next season... personally i prefer that side of the trade though.
I agree, to early to tell, but I got the best player in the deal, period. Don't need the baggage of Mathews and Wallace.

'MrMoo32 said:
'meroj said:
Gave Mathews/Wallace Received Cobb/1.8 rookie
To early to tell on this trade IMO... Depends where wallace goes and who coaches Mathews next season... personally i prefer that side of the trade though.
I agree, to early to tell, but I got the best player in the deal, period. Don't need the baggage of Mathews and Wallace.
This one depends on the roster of the team receiving Cobb, if they are deep at running back and Cobb will be the number 2 receiver I like the deal a lot. If Wallace and Matthews were 2 of the better players on this team I would have held them and tried to trade them in their own deals to get picks and younger players and go into full rebuild mode.

Two trades in my dynasty league this week, one of which I was involved in.

Team A

Vick Ballard, Ind

Michael Vick, Phi

Jordy Nelson, GB

Daryl Richardson, StL

Team B

Ray Rice, Bal

Donnie Avery, Ind

Colin Kaepernick, SF

LaMichael James, SF

I was no involved in this trade although I would rather be the team getting Ray Rice. He's clearly the best player involved.

Gave

Stevan Ridley, NE

Got

Randall Cobb, GB

I got Cobb in this deal and I think its actually a pretty fair trade but I always tend to lean towards the WRs over the RBs in dynasty since they have longer careers. Its also a PPR which helps Cobb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two trades in my dynasty league this week, one of which I was involved in.Team AVick Ballard, IndMichael Vick, PhiJordy Nelson, GBDaryl Richardson, StLTeam BRay Rice, BalDonnie Avery, IndColin Kaepernick, SFLaMichael James, SFI was no involved in this trade although I would rather be the team getting Ray Rice. He's clearly the best player involved. GaveStevan Ridley, NEGotRandall Cobb, GBI got Cobb in this deal and I think its actually a pretty fair trade but I always tend to lean towards the WRs over the RBs in dynasty since they have longer careers. Its also a PPR which helps Cobb.
I think both of these deals are pretty lopsided in favor of Cobb and rice.

Two trades in my dynasty league this week, one of which I was involved in.Team AVick Ballard, IndMichael Vick, PhiJordy Nelson, GBDaryl Richardson, StLTeam BRay Rice, BalDonnie Avery, IndColin Kaepernick, SFLaMichael James, SFI was no involved in this trade although I would rather be the team getting Ray Rice. He's clearly the best player involved. GaveStevan Ridley, NEGotRandall Cobb, GBI got Cobb in this deal and I think its actually a pretty fair trade but I always tend to lean towards the WRs over the RBs in dynasty since they have longer careers. Its also a PPR which helps Cobb.
MUCH rather have Rice ad Cobb sides.

'SSOG said:
'Coeur de Lion said:
'MrMoo32 said:
'JohnnyU said:
'MrMoo32 said:
Def a gamble, just not one id be willing to take. :/
How can you say that and not even know what his team looks like? Maybe some owners should stick to redraft leagues.
i guess we just have different strategy for dynasty leagues... Im in 4 dynasty leagues and won 2 of them so i think my strategy is working. No need to bash people cause we disagree.
:goodposting:No need to be a tool.Also agree that it's pretty hard to project the position of 2014 draft picks as of January 2013. An injury or two can easily turn that late 1st into a high pick, and I've seen a ton of "worst team in the league on paper" type squads make the playoffs or win titles.Steve Johnson isn't likely to be a fantasy WR1 anytime soon, but he is a young guy that should be a solid everyweek WR2 or WR3 starter moving forward. That seems like alot to give up on the hope that next year's fantasy season plays out the way you'd project a year in advance.
It really depends on team makeup. If my team is pretty good and his is pretty bad, I don't make that trade. The margin between pretty good and pretty bad is never as large as it seems. Pretty good teams often find guys like Stevie Johnson all that's standing between them and starting Eddie Royal. That's too much to give for such a crapshoot. On the other hand, if my team is dominant, I make that trade in a heartbeat. I have one league where I've got Demaryius, Harvin, Cobb, Fitz, Austin, and Britt. I'm stacked at all other positions, too. If my 6th was a Steve Johnson type (dependable, low ceiling) instead of Britt (high ceiling lottery ticket), that's exactly the type of deal I'd be looking to make. Trade a guy with no hope of cracking your lineup for a huge-upside lottery ticket. If you're really confident in your team's strength (and that's key- it's hard to be objective about your own team), then pull the trigger. Suddenly that move becomes low-downside, high-upside. Besides, NFL #1s on bad passing teams tend to be overrated. You can get the same production for a fraction of the cost from guys like Lance Moore, instead.
Boom.Exactly the way owners that have built dominant rosters should think.

12 team PPR

Team A gets: Joique Bell, J Norwood, 2013 2.04 and 2013 2.12

Team B gets: Shorts and Ryan Williams

Team A gets MurrayTeam B gets Blackmon12 team ppr dynasty
Team B seems to be the winner, but depending on the context of the league I could also see the Murray owner coming out on top.
As a Murray owner I'd never move him for Blackmon.
As a Blackmon owner I'd never move him for Murray. :boxing:
I agree totally. I doubt I trade Blackmon for Murry and 1.4 going to the Kaepernick trade discussed.

'MrMoo32 said:
'matttyl said:
10 team non PPR league, start 1 QB.Gave C Shorts, got Andy Dalton (already have Rodgers)
Why do you need Dalton if you have Rodgers?
I don't need Dalton, but I didn't need Shorts either. With the uncertainty in Jax, and maybe Tebow going there with a whack offense, I was pretty happy getting a top 20 dynasty QB for him. If nothing else Dalton would be great trade bait if someone loses a QB next year.

'MrMoo32 said:
'matttyl said:
10 team non PPR league, start 1 QB.Gave C Shorts, got Andy Dalton (already have Rodgers)
Why do you need Dalton if you have Rodgers?
I don't need Dalton, but I didn't need Shorts either. With the uncertainty in Jax, and maybe Tebow going there with a whack offense, I was pretty happy getting a top 20 dynasty QB for him. If nothing else Dalton would be great trade bait if someone loses a QB next year.
If you are getting him to trade later then i think good deal, But i do like shorts alot. not sure id want to give him up even if Tebow is the QB next season.

Team A gave Moreno

Team B gave Amendola

PPR Dynasty

Ironically I saw almost the same trade:

Team A gave Moreno

Team B gave Amendola and mid 2nd pick 2013.

PPR Dynastu

Team A gave MorenoTeam B gave AmendolaPPR DynastyIronically I saw almost the same trade:Team A gave MorenoTeam B gave Amendola and mid 2nd pick 2013.PPR Dynastu
I like the second trade better for team A.

Last edited by a moderator:
32 Team, PPR, IDP, Salary Cap League

Team A gets: 2013 Pick 1.02

Team B gets: Ryan Broyles, 2013 Pick 1.09

And

Team A gets: 2013 Pick 1.02

Team B gets: Bowe (at high cap number for nxt 2yrs) & 2013 Pick 2.27 (59th overall)

Team A got: SpillerTeam B got: Fitzgerald & Jefferyonly 1 RB mandatory, very flexible lineups
While RBs have less value in start 1 RB leagues, the value of the top RBs is pretty close to what it is start 2 RB leagues IMO. So, since Spiller is on just about everyone's top 10 list, I don't think his value takes much of a hit in this league format.That said, hell of a deal for Team A. Fitzgerald and Jeffery are talented players, but both have question marks about their short term future. Fitzgerald has to get a legitimate QB throwing to him and that should happen eventually, but how long do you have to wait? I like Jeffery and there is no reason that he and Marshall can't both put up good fantasy numbers, but we haven't really seen that yet.

Team A got: Spiller

Team B got: Fitzgerald & Jeffery

only 1 RB mandatory, very flexible lineups
While RBs have less value in start 1 RB leagues, the value of the top RBs is pretty close to what it is start 2 RB leagues IMO. So, since Spiller is on just about everyone's top 10 list, I don't think his value takes much of a hit in this league format.That said, hell of a deal for Team A.

Fitzgerald and Jeffery are talented players, but both have question marks about their short term future. Fitzgerald has to get a legitimate QB throwing to him and that should happen eventually, but how long do you have to wait? I like Jeffery and there is no reason that he and Marshall can't both put up good fantasy numbers, but we haven't really seen that yet.
Actually there is his name is Jay Cutler

While RBs have less value in start 1 RB leagues, the value of the top RBs is pretty close to what it is start 2 RB leagues IMO. So, since Spiller is on just about everyone's top 10 list, I don't think his value takes much of a hit in this league format.That said, hell of a deal for Team A.

Fitzgerald and Jeffery are talented players, but both have question marks about their short term future. Fitzgerald has to get a legitimate QB throwing to him and that should happen eventually, but how long do you have to wait? I like Jeffery and there is no reason that he and Marshall can't both put up good fantasy numbers, but we haven't really seen that yet.
If Cutler is so terrible, how do explain that Marshall finished no worse than Top 3 among WRs is just about every league format? And Cutler has had 3 offensive coordinators in the last 4 years, none of which I thought really played to his strengths. If the new team in Chicago opens up the offense a bit, Marshall and Jeffery could both be fantasy viable. Not saying that Cutler is that great, only that he is not as horrible as his critics contend.

10 team ppr: start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex (any)

Team A gets: McCoy (2 years)

Team B gets: Peyton (1 year), MJD (3 years), 2.1, 2014 2nd

Team B will start Cam/Peyton/Foster/MJD. Essentially swapping locker/mccoy for peyton/mjd in his starting lineup.

Team A got last place and now has Charles/McCoy to start building around. Plus 1.1. Although he just approached me asking if I'm interested in trading Richardson in a deal involving McCoy, so I guess he's just trying to flip him to get younger.

I think I like it for both teams.

If Cutler is so terrible, how do explain that Marshall finished no worse than Top 3 among WRs is just about every league format? And Cutler has had 3 offensive coordinators in the last 4 years, none of which I thought really played to his strengths. If the new team in Chicago opens up the offense a bit, Marshall and Jeffery could both be fantasy viable. Not saying that Cutler is that great, only that he is not as horrible as his critics contend.
In 2008 Calvin Johnson had 78 catches for 1331 yards and 12 touchdowns. I don't know exactly where that ranks him fantasy scoring for receivers that year, but I am sure it is top 10. His quarterbacks were Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, and Dan Orlovsky. Cutler isn't nearly as bad as them, but don't act like bad quarterback play means that you can't have one good fantasy receiver, in almost all cases though you can't have two.

Team B seems to be the winner, but depending on the context of the league I could also see the Murray owner coming out on top.
I prefer Blackmon to Murray by a decent margin. And suspect this summer startups will reflect that as well.

In 2008 Calvin Johnson had 78 catches for 1331 yards and 12 touchdowns. I don't know exactly where that ranks him fantasy scoring for receivers that year, but I am sure it is top 10. His quarterbacks were Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, and Dan Orlovsky. Cutler isn't nearly as bad as them, but don't act like bad quarterback play means that you can't have one good fantasy receiver, in almost all cases though you can't have two.
Larry Fitzgerald would disagree with you on that. And I don't buy your premise that Cutler is a terrible QB among the lines of Stanton, Orlovsky and a has-been Culpepper. He has a cannon arm and although unlikely could bounce back big time with the right OC. We will have to agree to disagree on this.

I prefer Blackmon to Murray by a decent margin. And suspect this summer startups will reflect that as well.
I highly duobt that. Dynasty owners are always chasing starting 3-down RB's. By summer time Murray hype will be in full effect and Blackmon's QB situation and the emergence of Shorts will both possibly hurt his value. I think you'll see Murray's ADP consistently higher than Blackmon's all offseason.

Team A gets Murray

Team B gets Blackmon

12 team ppr dynasty
I highly duobt that. Dynasty owners are always chasing starting 3-down RB's. By summer time Murray hype will be in full effect and Blackmon's QB situation and the emergence of Shorts will both possibly hurt his value. I think you'll see Murray's ADP consistently higher than Blackmon's all offseason.
:goodposting:

But Murray isn't that good, and is injury prone to boot.

I would rather have Blackmon by a wide margin.

But Murray isn't that good, and is injury prone to boot. I would rather have Blackmon by a wide margin.
The first is entirely subjective, and i disagree. but that doesn't matter much. The second is something that dynasty owners as a group have proven to ignore again and again in the pursuit young, starting 3-down RB's. The potential reward is too great. I can see the argument for Blackmon, especially if team needs dictate it as well. But my argument is that Murray's ADP will continue to be higher than Blackmon's. I don't see a great argument against it.

That doesn't mean Murray is actually more valuable.
Of course it does, when you're talking about ADP data from thousands of leagues.But it's only representative of their value relative to each other during a brief snapshot of time. In already existing leagues, team make-up and each individual owners' valuations obviously effect value long-term. But those things are already taken into account during the brief time period that ADP data covers, in a way.

That doesn't mean Murray is actually more valuable.
Of course it does, when you're talking about ADP data from thousands of leagues.But it's only representative of their value relative to each other during a brief snapshot of time. In already existing leagues, team make-up and each individual owners' valuations obviously effect value long-term. But those things are already taken into account during the brief time period that ADP data covers, in a way.
What I'm saying is that just because he's picked higher doesn't mean he's worth more. A year ago Doug Martin was being picked behind Darren McFadden. Who was more valuable?I make trades according to how I expect the players to perform going forward, not based on what they're rated at this exact moment in time. I think Blackmon has a better future than Murray, so I'd rather have him in a trade despite what some random ADP info might say.

Users who are viewing this thread