What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$300 LEAGUE: Fantasy Legends IV (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
League is full

Buck Naked took the spot previously given to Moderated, but I couldn't reach Moderated for his email address and the invite.

UPDATE: Need one more owner. I thought Moderated wanted in, but he hasn't responded to my request for his email address so I can send an invite. I feel we need to move on. Please post if you are interested and we can go from there.

UPDATE: 1/18 @ 9:33 am CT - Still need CTSU's email address and Moderated's email address. Once I have them I'll send you an invite. Please do this ASAP.

Also, Jeaton6, you need to sign in. Did you get the invite?

I've created a poll for the top standings determinator (either VP or won/loss). I need your votes on this. I'm also going to be creating a poll with two options for a "tweak" of the payout structure, not an overhaul.

I need email addresses from

Moderated

Dawg Pound 69

CTSU

I sent an invite to everyone I had an email address for.

UPDATE 1/16 9:12 PM CT: Be sure to PM me your email address, along with your FBGs name and I will use this to set up the league site at MFL and send league invites. I'll need a few days to get most of the rules in place at the new site. We still need to discuss whether to use VP or win/loss percentage, but most all of the rules are in place, just some minor tweaking.

UPDATE 1/16: Need one more owner. Also, looks like it's going to be $300. After the league is full I'll create the league at MFL. Could each of you who is already signed up in the owner roster post please send me your email address and match it up with your FBGs name so I'll know who invites are going to. Once everyone is on the site we will iron out the VP vs WIN / LOSS percentage issue by a vote. Then the finishing touches will be applied to the Constitution before we begin the payment process ($310 ($300 entry fee + $10 site fees), which I'll work out with Meyerj31, our Treasurer.

UPDATE 1/15 6:42 pm CT: Need 2 more owners. Be sure to vote on amount $200 or $300

UPDATE 1/15: meyerj31 has volunteered to be the league treasurer and will use LeageSafe. He already uses LeagueSafe for several other leagues. Also, please vote in this thread whether you want the entry fee to be $200 or $300.

UPDATE: Not sure if we will go with the fee being $200 or $300. I know I said $500 initially, but I'm having second thoughts on that since this is a dynasty league. We may have more luck having all owners return each year with a $200 or $300 fee. Also makes it easier to find replacement owners. What do you think? I changed the title of the thread from $500 to $200 or $300. I just think for the long term health of the league $200 or $300 is a good dollar amount. I really don't want to have to be constantly finding new owners because they see a 5 year rebuilding project that will cost them $2500 over that time frame. I know we could charge fees for trading picks, etc., but what owners want are the draft picks to rebuild with, so that's why we don't allow trading picks more than one year into the future. I find this works best for finding new owners when we have to. What are your opinions on this?

Many of you know me here and know that I run a tight ship as far as leagues go. I know most like league safe now and that's ok, but I've been around a long time and everyone knows I pay as soon as league season is over. I've never had anyone say anything bad about me with regards to that, but I can adjust if necessary. I'm now offering the biggest payout league I've ever done and I'm sure you want to get in on it.

I. Teams and Members

A. The league will be made up of two divisions with 6 teams in each division. The number of rounds for the draft will be 4 rounds, with the last 2 having the option of FA's or rookies. All Owners will participate in a 13 game regular season each year with a playoff involving six (6) teams. Two division winners seeded #1 and #2 and 4 wildcard teams seeded #3 thru #6. The Championship game is played in week 16. (See playoffs section for more details on the playoff format).

C, The league of 12 Owners will hold a 4 round draft, where the first 2 rounds are for rookies only, and the last 2 rounds allow drafting of free agents or rookies.. This draft will be held at the league web site. This draft will be held in the first week of May and there will be a 24 hr time limit for each pick.. The rookie draft will only have the pool of players eligible for the NFL draft

D. One or more league members own and control a team. Each team has one vote in voting processes.

E. Expansion membership is decided by nominations and voting from the current membership. A majority vote of the membership (7) is required to approve any expansion team to enter the league.

F. Should an Owner leave the league for any reason, the team is NOT automatically inherited by the league. Instead, the Commissioner will immediately contact a capable Owner brought forward to them by a present Owner in the league and determine if they wish to take the membership. The league will have a confirmation vote on the new Owner¡¦s membership. A simple majority will confirm the new Owner. In the event a new owner cannot be found, the Commissioner will submit the best lineup possible for that team until a new owner can be found.. No pickups/drops/trades will be allowed for that team until a new owner is found.

II. Player Drafts

A. Owners will build their team through a 4 round draft, where the first 2 rounds must be rookies and the last 2 can be FA players or rookies. The draft will be NFL Style (worst to first). The rookie draft will only have the pool of players eligible for the NFL draft. If a player is eligible for the NFL Draft but isn't in the hosting site player database, then a proxy pick can be made, where you select a player as a placeholder until the "real" player is added to the player database.

C. Trading of Draft Picks

1. You can trade Draft picks 1 year into the future at no charge.

2. You cannot trade future draft picks more than 1 draft in the future.

3. The current year's draft counts as one of the drafts in the future if the trade takes place before the current year's draft.

4. A combination of players / and current year draft picks or future draft picks 1 draft year in the future, which includes the current year's draft if it hasn't already been completed.

5. Draft picks can not be traded for money or any other considerations

6 We will use a 12 hour window during the draft to protest a trade once a trade is made. The clock doesn't stop because of a trade, but only if there is a protest. Once a protest is made, the draft stops and the league has another 12 hour window to complete the vote. If a veto is made (see Trading Section on veto), anyone who drafted before or after the persons involved in the trade that was vetoed, is not affected by the veto. In other words, whoever they drafted is theirs.

7. Once we have converted over to the next year's site you will be able to trade draft picks one year into the future as long as you are paid for the upcomming season. Example, if the current draft is 2010, you will be able to trade 2011 picks once we convert over to the 2010 site and you are paid for the 2010 season.

Also, within 48 hours of the draft, you have up until the draft to protest any trades.

D. Once a draft selection has been posted it cannot be rescinded.

E. The rookie draft is to be held in May. The order of the draft will be determined by the results of the previous year, from worst to first for every round. The playoffs are included in the determination of the final team standings. The draft will not use a serpentine draft style, but will use the NFL style draft. The time limit to make a pick will be 24 hours.

F. Expansion draft guidelines:

1. Each current Owner will have to leave three of his players unprotected for the expansion draft. These three players can be at any position.

2. The expansion Owner will have the opportunity of taking one unprotected player from each current team to be on his roster. Each current Owner will only lose one player in the draft.

3. The rest of the players the expansion Owner will select from will come from the free agent pool.

4. The expansion Owner must select at least 9 players and not take more than 26 (in-season) and 30 to allow for 4 rounds of drafting just before the draft (off-season). He can take as many as he chooses as long as he stays between those two numbers.

G. Passing / Skipping on Draft Picks / expiration of the 24 hour time limit for the Rookie Draft/ Illegal Roster during the draft:

1. If you get to the point where you don't want anymore picks, please post that you are finished with the draft. If the clock expires and your pick is skipped, you can make the pick you missed later in the draft (providing that player hasn't been selected), but if you don't notify the league you want your next pick before it comes up, that pick will be skipped also.

2. If the 24 hour time limit to make a pick has expired, the next team is on the clock. However, you can still make your pick anytime (same as the NFL does it). You may also trade that pick anytime during the draft. Once the last pick has been made you cannot trade or make a pick for any previous missed picks.

3. During the draft your roster must NOT be illegal at anytime. You cannot exceed the 30 man off-season roster limit at anytime. The rosters will expand to 30 just before our draft. If your pick makes your roster illegal, you must drop a player to make it legal.

Supplemental Draft: Whenever the NFL has a Supplemental Draft, Fantasy Legends II will also have their own Supplemental Draft approx. 1 week later. The FLL2 Supplemental Draft will be setup in a thread with bids made publicly in an auction style format open for approx. two days. Bids for a player can be made using the team's following season's draft picks still owned (any picks acquired/lost through trade are not eligible to be bid). ou may only bid one pick (like the NFL does it). Highest bid gets the player and loses the pick that was bid. Value of the following season's picks will be based on the time frame of the NFL Supplemental Draft. If occurs during off-season or in-season between wk #1 thru #7, than the pick value will be based on the past season's standings. If occurs in-season between wk #8 thru #16, than the pick value will be based on the present season's standings. If a Supplemental player is acquired during wk. #14 thru #16 (our post-season), the player will be frozen and the team will receive a roster exemption.

III. Rosters

A. The minimum number of players on a roster is 9. The maximum number of roster spots is 26 in season and 30 off-season, just before the draft. You must cut your roster to 26 48 hrs before the start of the first game of the season. If you fail to reduce your roster by that time, the commissioner will use his discretion to drop two players from that roster.

B. Position eligibility. The final say on all roster eligibility will be what position the player is listed in hosting site.

C. Minimum's and maximum's (in-season only):

Minimum: of 1 QB, 1-4 RB's, 1-4 WR's, 1-4 TE 1 K, and 1 DEF. for a total of 9 starters.

Maximums: None

D. The off-season roster limit will be expanded to 30 just before the draft, but must be reduced back to 26 48 hrs before the start of the first game of the season. If you fail to reduce your roster by that time, the commissioner will use his discretion to drop two players from that roster.

IV. Starting lineups

A. All starting lineups will consist of the following: 1 quarterback, 1-4 running backs, 1-4 wide receivers, 1-4 tight end, 1 kicker, and 1 defensive team for a total of 9 starters

B. : Players Are Locked At Kickoff Of Their Game. Each player can be started/benched just prior to the start of his NFL game.

C. The commissioner will insert players (if possible) should someone start a player on a bye or doesn't have a player inserted for any reason to complete their lineup. I will use the Fantasysharks lineup coach link on the lineup submission to insert a player.

D. Lineups will carry over each week, but players on a bye will not be allowed in starting lineups.

V. Scoring

for QB/RB/WR/TE

6 pts for passing TD

Passing Yards - 0.04 point for every 1

Pass Interceptions Thrown -2

Passing / Rushing / Receiving 2 pointers - 2 points each

Fumbles Lost on Offense -2 points each for QB/RB/WR/TE

1 pt for 10 yds rushing / receving for QB, RB, TE, WR

1 pt per reception / for QB, RB, TE, WR/

6 pts rushing / receving TD for QB, RB, TE, WR

Rules for PK (Edit)

Length of Field Goal Made

1-39

40-49

50-59

60-99

Length of Missed Field Goal

1-19

Test

20-29

30-39

Extra Points

1-20

1 point each

Extra Points Missed

0-10

-1 point each

Rules for Def (Edit)

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

1-20

2 points each

Interceptions Caught

1-20

2 points each

Blocked Field Goals

1-10

3 points each

Blocked Punts

1-10

3 points each

Blocked Extra Points

1-10

3 points each

Sacked a QB

1-20

1 point each

Safeties

1-10

3 points each

Total Points Allowed

0-0

Total Points Allowed

1-6

Total Points Allowed

7-13

Total Points Allowed

14-20

Total Points Allowed

28-34

Total Points Allowed

35-99

Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs

1-10

7 points each

Any scoring dispute must be made after the current week's games, and before the next week¡¦s first game. Changes will only be made if the hosting site allows it. The hosting site decisions on scoring is final unless a mistake has been made in the rules setups, which means that the hosting site setups contradict what is stated in the constitution. If that is the case, then the commissioner will use the constitution to change the hosting site setup if possible. It is the responsibility of each owner to read the constitution and compare it with the hosting site and make any discrepancies known to the league.

We will apply MFL previous week stat changes if they are received by MFL before the start of the next week's games. They usually get them on Wed or Thurs each week, but they could come much later. Once a new week's game starts, the previous week's games are official.

A. Order of Tiebreakers

If desired, you may use up to four tie-breaking schemes for your league standings. Order the tiebreakers, with "1" being the first tie-breaker used. If one or more tie-breakers are not desired, leave the field blank.

1.) Total Points Scored

2.) Head-To-Head Record

3.) Divisional Record

4.) Power Rank

B. Playoff Tiebreaker

Designate Bench Player to break ties. If the points scored for the designated bench players still has the game tied, use Irony web site to roll the dice to determine a winner.

VII. Playoffs

A. Our regular season will end after NFL week 13. Playoffs will include 6 teams comprising of 2 division winners (seeded #1 and #2) and the next top 4 teams are wildcards seeded #3 thru #6. The "lowest" seed refers to the #6 seed and the "highest" seed refers to the #1 seed. The teams will be seeded on their 1) W-L record, 2) Total Points Scored, 3) Head-to-Head results, 4) Divisional Record, 5) Power Rank. The playoffs will begin in week 14 of the NFL season with the #3 seed playing the #6 seed and the #4 seed playing the #5 seed. The top two seeded teams (division winners) get a first round bye. In week 15 the #1 seed will play the lowest remaining seeded team and the #2 seed will play the highest remaining seeded team. The winners in week 15 will play the Super Bowl in week 16.

VIII. Transactions

A. Trading:

Notes:

1). At the conclusion of trading, roster must not exceed 26 players (in-season or off-season before our draft) or 30 players (off-season after our draft).

2). Trades must be fair. "Herschel Walker" trades are fair (Walker for several draft picks of highly touted rookies). Dumping players and collusion is not.

3) It takes 75% to veto trades instead of league majority (6 when there are 2 teams involved in a trade, and 5 when there are 3). If there are only 2 teams involved, that equates to 7.5, so we round up to 8. We should always round up when it's .5 or greater and round down when < .5. If there are 3 teams, then 75% of 9 is 6.75, so that would be 7 votes required. As you know, teams involved in the trade cannot vote. This lessens the likely hood that trades are vetoed because of league prejudice, meaning, that guy is ahead of me in the standings, so I will veto it. All members must vote unless their vote wouldn't affect the outcome. In other words, 75% has already been reached without their vote. In the event a vote is needed from someone who is out of town or unavailable to vote, the traded players may reside on their new team until a majority vote is reached. All veto votes are to be on the message board instead of by poll and that each owner who voted to veto a trade must post their reason why they vetoed a trade, or their vote is changed to a no.

4) None of the owners involved in the trade will have a vote

5) All league owners not involved in the trade will have 1 vote

6) If the vote ends in a tie, the trade stands

7) Owners have 48 hours from the time of the trade to protest a trade, unless the trade involves draft picks and the draft is in progress. If that is the case, see II Player Draft.

8). Trades can include draft picks for up to 1 draft year in the future and/or players. The current year's draft is considered a future draft pick if the draft hasn't taken place, with the one exception exlained in #9.

9). Once we have converted over to the next year's site you will be able to trade draft picks one year into the future as long as you are paid for the upcomming season. Example, if the current draft is 2010, you will be able to trade 2011 picks once we convert over to the 2010 site and you are paid for the 2010 season.

The Final trading deadline is on the Friday after the completion of NFL Week #11 at 6:00pm ET.

B. FA Pickups/drops:

We will be allowing placeholders for unlisted players for both the draft and free agent pickups. For FA Pickups the real NFL player must be on an NFL roster in order to use a placeholder if that player isn't in the MFL player database

1. Your roster may not exceed 26 players (in-season, or before our draft off-season) or 30 players (off-season after our draft) after you make a free agent acquisition.

2. In-Season, we will use a Waiver Wire, then Free For All setting at the hosting site. The Waiver wire worst-to-first starts after week 1 with the free-for-all ending just before the first game of the season. You cannot submit waiver request before 7:00 a.m Tuesdays and must submit your waiver request by Wed 8:44 P.M. ET. The waivers will process at approximately 8:45 PM ET on Wednesday. After that, it will be first-come-first-serve until Sunday at 1:00 pm ET. If there was an early game in the week you cannot add players whose game has already been played.

3.There is no deadline for picking up free agents.

4. If a. person drops a player, but realizes he makes a mistake and contacts me or sends a league email within 30 min of his mistake, I will correct the error.

5. Only close the WW (adds) for the Thurs game players after their game starts and leave open add/drops for all other players until Sunday's games start

6. You can drop a player from a Thurs/Sat game as long as they weren't in your starting lineup. The setup "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? No". has been set this way forever in this league and the reason why you can drop players on Sunday after games start. You just can't add players.

7. Even though our Super Bowl is week 16, we will run one last waivers after week 17 before changing the league to first-come-first-serve (FCFS)for the off-season.

IX. Injured Reserve

None.

X. Player Retention

Since this is a dynasty league, every player on your team will be kept from year-to-year.

Since this is a dynasty league, every player on your team will be kept from year-to-year.

XI Schedule

Each team still plays teams within their division twice. Games played outside the division is based upon the standings of the previous year. Weaker teams get an easier 3 game schedule, better teams get a harder 3 game schedule.

1) First place teams play teams 1, 2, and 4 from the other division.

2) Second place teams play teams 1, 3, and 5

3) Third place teams play teams 2, 3, and 6

4) Fourth place teams play teams 1, 4, and 5

5) Fifth place teams play teams 2, 4, and 6

6) Sixth place teams play teams 3, 5, and 6

XII Scramble Divisions each year

The odd number drafting team will be the Walter Payton Division and the even number drafting team will be the Jim Brown.

XIII. Commissioner

League stability is our primary goal. This framework will govern the league:

A. Commissioner. Our goal is to have a very strong, yet fair Commissioner. The Commissioner is sworn to act at all times in the Best Interests of the League and is vested with the following powers:

1. Interpret the Constitution

2. Settle all position eligibility questions.

3. Approve team names.

4. Preside over draft and settle draft disputes.

5. Maintain the integrity of the league and its Owners by enforcing Article XII, "Expected Owner Conduct".

XIV. Expected Owner Conduct

Owners will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disparage the league nor its Owners in any way, shape, or form. While bragging is always a part of some Owner's personality and is to be expected, inflammatory or taunting acts will not be tolerated. The Commissioner will have total authority in drawing the line between bragging and taunting.

XV. League Disputes and Amendments to the Constitution.

A. Owners can call for a league vote anytime for all disputes except to override what the Commissioner is empowered to decide. (See XI Commissioner).

1. Owner notifies the Commissioner he is appealing the decision.

2. Commissioner notifies the league.

B. Amendments to the Constitution. Amendments to the Constitution are allowed in the off season. Thus, they can NEVER be made during a season, unless the integrity of league requires such a change. By definition, the season begins once the Commissioner accepts the first selection of the annual player draft. Amendments to the Constitution will follow this path:

1. A majority league vote (7) is required to change the Constitution except when the integrity of the league is at stake. An abstension is considered a "no" vote.

2. If approved, the amendment becomes a permanent article of the Constitution and assumes equal status with all other articles.

C. Owner warnings: If an Owner is considered by the Commissioner to be conducting himself in a manner not in the best interest of the league.

1. The Commissioner issues a 1st warning.

2. Second occurrence, the Commissioner will call a league vote (minus the Owner in question), to remove that Owner from the league.

D. Removing an Owner. This is an extremely serious consideration, one that the league will seek to avoid at all costs. If it arises, this path will be followed:

1. A majority league vote (7) is required to remove an Owner except for the following reasons:

a) League Fees are not current by April 24th.

b) Obvious proof that an Owner is 'throwing' games to either assist / harm another owner or to improve one's draft position.

c) Proof of collusion or cheating in any manner.

2. The league will assume control of the team until a replacement can be found. No transactions will be permitted by this team until a replacement is found.

E. Removing a Commissioner. This also is an extremely serious situation. If it arises, this path will be followed.

1. A majority league vote (7) is required to remove the Commissioner.

2. A new Commissioner will be appointed by a majority vote

XVI. Fees

A. All Owners must have all fees paid current by April 24. Otherwise I will find a replacement owner.

XVII. Prize Money

Make the playoffs = $500 (6 x 500 = 3000)

Semi Finals Winners - $500 (2 x 500 = 1000)

Super Bowl Champs - $1500

Points Champ = 500

Last edited by a moderator:
So... you're telling me for all that work, I'll only quadruple my money?

Damn

eta: im super baked right now, wtf is going on here?

So... you're telling me for all that work, I'll only quadruple my money? Damneta: im super baked right now, wtf is going on here?
the best part of my leagues is that 6 teams will make their money back and possibly 7 with the highest scoring team. That keeps them coming back.

So... you're telling me for all that work, I'll only quadruple my money? Damneta: im super baked right now, wtf is going on here?
the best part of my leagues is that 6 teams will make their money back and possibly 7 with the highest scoring team. That keeps them coming back.
I guess?Not knocking the league it looks super intense. Thing is, when I gamble, I gamble to win... If im putting in 500$, id expect at least 6x my money back in a 12man league.I get that this makes everyone stay active and competitive but.... i dunno

Let's get this Legends league started for what I believe will be decades of fun.

Let me know if you're interested.

I guess?Not knocking the league it looks super intense. Thing is, when I gamble, I gamble to win... If im putting in 500$, id expect at least 6x my money back in a 12man league.I get that this makes everyone stay active and competitive but.... i dunno
Sorry, but I try to make sure the 6 teams in my leagues get their money back. The good part to that is you have a good chance to not lose any money. The bad part is that you won't get rich in my leagues. I've been running these leagues for years and most love it. With my system you can win $3000 and that is half the money. Not sure that is a bad thing lol

Hey Chuck,

Just clarifying for me and everyone else. The initial draft will combine rookies and vets in the first start-up draft, correct? All of your other start-ups have been this way. Some leagues have two drafts, one for rookies, one for vets. Just confirming in case I missed it in the rules.

Thanks

Noel

Hey Chuck,Just clarifying for me and everyone else. The initial draft will combine rookies and vets in the first start-up draft, correct? All of your other start-ups have been this way. Some leagues have two drafts, one for rookies, one for vets. Just confirming in case I missed it in the rules.ThanksNoel
Yes, they will be combined. Also thinking about have 26 roster spots instead of 24 in-season and expand by 4 for the draft instead of just 2. I'm getting some request for this in fantasy legends II.

Changed the in-season roster size to 26 and we will expand to 30 to allow for draft picks, just before our draft. Cut down to 26 must happen before the first game of the season. This was suggested and I like it. I didn't want it just like FLL2 anyway, thus the reason for different starting requirements and full PPR instead of 0.5 ppr for wr and te like FLL2 is right now.

I am in.

And I have been an owner in Chuck's Fantasy Legends II league since 2004 and have found him to be a very fair and ethical Commish, so I have no hesitation in joining this league.

Hey Chuck, I will be in.

FYI all, I am in two dynasty football leagues with Chuck (10 yrs and 7 yrs -- FLL1 and FLL3) and a dynasty baseball league (10 yrs). Real good commish ... very fair and all rulings made strictly by the league constitution, which is the reason for its length.

thanks

Noel

Changed the in-season roster size to 26 and we will expand to 30 to allow for draft picks, just before our draft. Cut down to 26 must happen before the first game of the season. This was suggested and I like it. I didn't want it just like FLL2 anyway, thus the reason for different starting requirements and full PPR instead of 0.5 ppr for wr and te like FLL2 is right now.
:thumbup:

Had passing TD scoring rules in, but forgot some others. Here they are.

Passing Yards - 0.04 point for every 1

Pass Interceptions Thrown -2

Passing / Rushing / Receiving 2 pointers - 2 points each

Fumbles Lost on Offense -2 points each

Here are those in:

1 - JohnnyU (Chuck Cantrell)

2 - CTSU

3 - FF King

4 - DepthCharts

5 - Squistion

6 - Snichols

7 - Moderated

8 - FatUncleJerryBuss

9 - Jaysports

10 - Sitch

11 - meyerj31 (Treasurer)

12 -

Added the following in Section B Free Agents add/drops

7. Even though our Super Bowl is week 16, we will run one last waivers after week 17 before changing the league to first-come-first-serve (FCFS)for the off-season.

This is something voted in FLL1, but wasn't in FLL2. I do want one final waivers before FCFS in case of injuries in week 17, even though our season ended after week 16.

We have 9 of 12. Once the league is full I will create the league at MFL and set everything up. I will then contact each owner to join at MFL. I will then proceed with fee collection.

One question to everyone, would you feel more comfortable with the league being $200 instead of $500? This is a dynasty league and we have to take into consideration that we want all owners to come back each year, but with such a high fee and if their team isn't one of the best, they might not. With a $200 fee we may have more folks returning each year and it would be easier to find replacements. What do you think?

One question to everyone, would you feel more comfortable with the league being $200 instead of $500? This is a dynasty league and we have to take into consideration that we want all owners to come back each year, but with such a high fee and if their team isn't one of the best, they might not. With a $200 fee we may have more folks returning each year and it would be easier to find replacements. What do you think?
To be honest I'm OK either way.

I like the $500, you could always collect a $100 deposit towards year two as well so that teams are invested for two years minimum? And you could implement a 50-100% draft pick trade deposit for trading away a future 1st rounder. That way you can discount teams should an owner drop out and have no first rounder should the team be in bad shape.

Have you considered using victory points to determine standings? Ensures that the best teams are making the playoffs in a league like this with a bigger buy-in.

I like the $500, you could always collect a $100 deposit towards year two as well so that teams are invested for two years minimum? And you could implement a 50-100% draft pick trade deposit for trading away a future 1st rounder. That way you can discount teams should an owner drop out and have no first rounder should the team be in bad shape.
I've seen from past experience that offering a discount helps get someone, but it doesn't really help keep them. What owners want are those draft picks to rebuild a team with. If you have the league at $500 I'll constantly have to find new owners and quite frankly I hate that part of the job. Teams will quit and not want to pay $500 every year on a team that may take 5 years to rebuild. Maybe $300? I really don't want to do $500.

Have you considered using victory points to determine standings? Ensures that the best teams are making the playoffs in a league like this with a bigger buy-in.
I'm in a few leagues that do this and I'm not totally opposed to it, but I like WIN/LOSS to determine standings, with total points as the tiebreaker. I actually like a little luck where someone feels they still have a shot at the playoffs.

I'd be interested if it was closer to $200 than $500 buy-in. Just curious when that decision will be made? Thanks

I'm interested if it's closer to $200, using Victory Points with top VP teams making playoffs regardless of division. There is nothing more infuriating than a ####ty division bringing a 6-8 team with very few VPs to the playoffs when there's a 10-4 team with a ton VPs that doesn't get in ... This literally happened in a $150 league I played in this year, and while I was not that team, I thought it was ridiculous. I never understood the division winner concept in fantasy football. This is a statistical game, so the best statistical teams should win.Or, at the very least, I would be open to this league if it wasn't VP but the best 6 teams made the playoffs regardless of division and were seeded likewise.Let me know.

I'm interested if it's closer to $200, using Victory Points with top VP teams making playoffs regardless of division. There is nothing more infuriating than a ####ty division bringing a 6-8 team with very few VPs to the playoffs when there's a 10-4 team with a ton VPs that doesn't get in ... This literally happened in a $150 league I played in this year, and while I was not that team, I thought it was ridiculous. I never understood the division winner concept in fantasy football. This is a statistical game, so the best statistical teams should win.Let me know.
I see no reason why we can't use VP as the #1 determination of standings, with total points as #2. However, we won't be getting away from the divisions structure. If we get away from the divisions structure, that changes a lot on how the schedule is done. A lot of what the rules show is that it is division oriented with scheduling (giving bad teams an easier out of division schedule the next year and better teams a harder one). However, after the two division winners are determined, the rest of the playoff teams can come from either division and that can be based upon VP if the league chooses to use that as the #1 determination of standings.Also, it's looking like we will stay closer to $200 than $500 and we will vote between $200 and $300 once the MFL site is created and we have 12 owners. Let me know if you want to be in.

I'd be interested if it was closer to $200 than $500 buy-in. Just curious when that decision will be made? Thanks
I'll go on record now to say it will be either $200 or $300. We will vote on this once we have 12 owners and the MFL site is created.

I'm interested if it's closer to $200, using Victory Points with top VP teams making playoffs regardless of division. There is nothing more infuriating than a ####ty division bringing a 6-8 team with very few VPs to the playoffs when there's a 10-4 team with a ton VPs that doesn't get in ... This literally happened in a $150 league I played in this year, and while I was not that team, I thought it was ridiculous. I never understood the division winner concept in fantasy football. This is a statistical game, so the best statistical teams should win.Let me know.
I see no reason why we can't use VP as the #1 determination of standings, with total points as #2. However, we won't be getting away from the divisions structure. If we get away from the divisions structure, that changes a lot on how the schedule is done. A lot of what the rules show is that it is division oriented with scheduling (giving bad teams an easier out of division schedule the next year and better teams a harder one). However, after the two division winners are determined, the rest of the playoff teams can come from either division and that can be based upon VP if the league chooses to use that as the #1 determination of standings.Also, it's looking like we will stay closer to $200 than $500 and we will vote between $200 and $300 once the MFL site is created and we have 12 owners. Let me know if you want to be in.
I've not a fan of divisions but I do like the H2H standings with the last two spots for the remaining teams with the most VP's (with total points tie-breaker). I think having it not just be VP/TP adds to the interest at the end of the season.I would be fine with $200 if that's what people prefer but I'd like to have people pay one season in advance.

'cstu said:
I'm interested if it's closer to $200, using Victory Points with top VP teams making playoffs regardless of division. There is nothing more infuriating than a ####ty division bringing a 6-8 team with very few VPs to the playoffs when there's a 10-4 team with a ton VPs that doesn't get in ... This literally happened in a $150 league I played in this year, and while I was not that team, I thought it was ridiculous.

I never understood the division winner concept in fantasy football. This is a statistical game, so the best statistical teams should win.

Let me know.
I've not a fan of divisions but I do like the H2H standings with the last two spots for the remaining teams with the most VP's (with total points tie-breaker). I think having it not just be VP/TP adds to the interest at the end of the season.I would be fine with $200 if that's what people prefer but I'd like to have people pay one season in advance.
There are 6 playoff teams, which include the two division winners + 4 wildcards (any division). We can use VP instead of won/loss if the majority of the league wants to do that.We could use the following;

Standings Sort Criteria #1: Victory Points

Standings Sort Criteria #2: Total Points Scored

Standings Sort Criteria #3: Overall Winning Percentage

victory Point scoring

League standings will be decided based upon the number of victory points accrued

victory points are awarded weekly as follows: Win-2 tie-1 loss-0.

Points will also be awarded based upon points scored per week. Scoring is separated into 3 tiers. The top 4 weekly scorers in tier 1, the middle 4 weekly scorers in tier 2 and the lowest 4 scorers in tier 3

Awards are: Tier 1 2 points., Tier 2 1 point, and tier 3 0 points.

The maximum you can earn in a week is 4 points and the minimum is 0 points between points

We will use divisions because of the reason I gave earlier about the scheduling, where the worse your team is, the easier the out of division games, and the better your team is, the harder the out of division games are. There are 3 out of division games played each year.

I'll get a sense of what the majority wants with regards to VP vs won/loss for standings. What I don't want to do is have to practically rewrite the constitution.

Add me to the list, but given that this will be the biggest league that I've played, I'd like it on LeagueSafe. Given this is going to be going 9 months before the end of next season, I really don't care about waiting a few days or a week after the season ends to have a no-cost secure, majority vote system in place. And while you have 15k posts, I don't know you personally.

I'll go on record now to say it will be either $200 or $300. We will vote on this once we have 12 owners and the MFL site is created.
Is there anyway you can confirm the amount now by chance? I really wanted in on a $500 league this off-season and will still do the $300, but I will probably bow out if it's $200. Sorry, just trying to be up front.

Is there anyway you can confirm the amount now by chance? I really wanted in on a $500 league this off-season and will still do the $300, but I will probably bow out if it's $200. Sorry, just trying to be up front.
I would like a vote on it. As soon as we get 12 I'll create the league in MFL and set up a poll to vote on a few things, with the first being the amount. That's pretty much all I can say about it right now.Or if everyone who's already on the list could post their amount preference ($200 or $300) in this thread, that would be great too.

meyerj31 has volunterred to be the league treasurer and will use leaguesafe. He already uses leaguesafe for other leagues he commishes.

Here are those in:

1 - JohnnyU (Chuck Cantrell, Commissoner)

2 - CTSU

3 - FF King

4 - DepthCharts

5 -

6 - Snichols

7 - Moderated

8 - FatUncleJerryBuss

9 - Jaysports

10 - Sitch

11 - meyerj31 (Treasurer)

12 -
Updated: one dropped out, so we need two.Everyone, please vote on your amount preference in this thread. Either $200 or $300.

Vote Post---------Amount of entry fee $200or$300 Jaysports - $300JohnnyU - $300Sitch - $200FF King - $300snichols - $300

Sorry, LeagueSafe is a deal breaker for me. Have to drop out.Good luck with the league.

League fees will include $10 extra for MFL fees and allow for any increases they put on us. The excess paid (if any) will go to the highest scoring non-playoff team. It's been running about $50.

Users who are viewing this thread