What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

I'll take a link please
Any interest in seeing Paul McCartney in St Louis (Busch Stadium) on August 13th?  If not, maybe just cornholing.  I'm going to head out (probably solo) to see the concert and just thought of you.  Not sure if you're a fan, but yeah.  That was it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol

Yes, big fan. My wife wants to go to the concert but since we just bailed Italy out of their financial crisis not sure I want to spend the dough. Definitely would like to hook up one way or the other though. :thumbup:
Bender I thought you were a solid East Coast dude.  Now it seems like you're getting pulled into the mid-western alternative lifestyle.  Com back to us man!

I've aggressively been accumulating a position in oil over the last few weeks.

Currently holding UGA, XLE, and a small amount of UWTI (this one is up 45% since I picked it up, just a small position due to how risky it is)...

I see year end prices in the $50-$55 range - If oil gets above $55, I may consider selling some of my positions. 

Headlines

Anybody else?

Gents, I'd recommend paying close attention to the EIA report tomorrow - If oil can break above $45, I think we are entering a new leg to new 2015 highs, which would prob mean the next leg up towards $50.

completely out of equities and seriously considering real estate now...don't see the upside in stocks after this lengthy run. 

There's a pace out here called Paradise Bakery.  It's owned by Panera, but they've always had a different menu.  A better menu.  They're changing them all to Paneras now and changing the menu along with it.  It sucks worse than your face.
After Italy just about every place is worse

I was feeling pretty good about myself buying my portfolio's largest stake in AAPL when it dipped to 95 and below. 

I don't feel as good for leaving it there while it tested up to 110.  

Blah

I was feeling pretty good about myself buying my portfolio's largest stake in AAPL when it dipped to 95 and below. 

I don't feel as good for leaving it there while it tested up to 110.  

Blah
good time to buy more tomorrow I guess.

I was pretty happy when my Netflix stock kept rising after I got it in the 80s and saw it climb to 110, but it's back down to 92 and I'm going to add more tomorrow.

may as well add more Apple too.

good time to buy more tomorrow I guess.

I was pretty happy when my Netflix stock kept rising after I got it in the 80s and saw it climb to 110, but it's back down to 92 and I'm going to add more tomorrow.

may as well add more Apple too.
I actually think I'm going to as well GB.  96 and below is bananaland for that stock IMO.

What makes Apple a buy? Unless you're buying it as a value play I don't see it. Even then I would want it in the 80s.

What makes Apple a buy? Unless you're buying it as a value play I don't see it. Even then I would want it in the 80s.
IMO mostly because of Apple Pay.  The iPhone 7 coming out next year that is a complete re-design.  They pay a decent dividend and have tons of cash which is a good thing too.

They just announced they were upping their dividend, and have the cash to do it.  If you like Apple, it's a buy at 95 dollars as opposed to where it historically hangs about in the +100 range.  I like it, I like nice dividends, I like solid companies, with lots of cash, that aren't going away in my lifetime.  Also want to see what happens surrounding the iPhone 7.  This is NOT the quarter to sell Apple.  Let the hype grow with the release of their newest phone, and then decide if you want to sell it or not.  Selling AAPL in Q1 or Q2 to me seems silly.  

They just announced they were upping their dividend, and have the cash to do it.  If you like Apple, it's a buy at 95 dollars as opposed to where it historically hangs about in the +100 range.  I like it, I like nice dividends, I like solid companies, with lots of cash, that aren't going away in my lifetime.  Also want to see what happens surrounding the iPhone 7.  This is NOT the quarter to sell Apple.  Let the hype grow with the release of their newest phone, and then decide if you want to sell it or not.  Selling AAPL in Q1 or Q2 to me seems silly.  
I never said sell, I just think it's a value play that you'll be able to get lower.

I never said sell, I just think it's a value play that you'll be able to get lower.
I know - I was kind of referencing your post from last week where you mentioned selling half of your position.  It's a buy or a hold to me...not a sell.  Talk to me in Q3 or so and I might change my tune.  Those are just my opinions friendo. It's the largest position I own, so I like the dividend and the cash.  I will probably add to it on the dip here.  I just personally feel anything less than 96 dollars is too low for AAPL.  Opinions are what make this so fun tho IMO.  BOL.

ETA: I'm not saying back up the truck.  But it's a nice spot to add to a position.

IMO mostly because of Apple Pay.  The iPhone 7 coming out next year that is a complete re-design.  They pay a decent dividend and have tons of cash which is a good thing too.
Apple Pay is too small. If you have an iPhone 6 are you really going to upgrade to an iPhone7?

To me Apple is a value play and I will move my growth money to Facebook and Google.

I told my dad to buy more AAPL if it's still <$95 on Friday. I also told him if he really wants out of KO, maybe rotate into Ford.

Apple Pay is too small. If you have an iPhone 6 are you really going to upgrade to an iPhone7?

To me Apple is a value play and I will move my growth money to Facebook and Google.
Apple Pay is too small, NOW.  There's room for tremendous growth, they just launched in China two months ago.  There are over 300 million people in China alone that use their phone to make payments.

The iPhone 4,5,6 are all pretty similar.  It wouldn't surprise me if there is a substantial number of people waiting to upgrade to something that promises to be different. JMO

Bob Sacamano said:
There's a pace out here called Paradise Bakery.  It's owned by Panera, but they've always had a different menu.  A better menu.  They're changing them all to Paneras now and changing the menu along with it.  It sucks worse than your face.
Had a chicken frontega panini for dinner. Put a slice of prosciutto on it.  Made it quite remarkable. 

AAPL = dead money. In fact, it's been dead money for over a year now. You would have been better off putting your $ in the S&P.

fantasycurse42 said:
Oil up 2% after API data :thumbup:

Lets bust through $45 tomorrow!!
:kicksrock:

It was up there pre-EIA report... Started selling 3 minutes before the report heavily, someone had to have the inside track there. I'm staying the course, still think oil will top $50.

Once it starts getting in the $50-$55 range, at that point you need to start watching for producers coming back online - I've been as bearish as anyone on oil until the last month, but the market is rebalancing.

My real concern is a dollar rally on false FED nonsense, that will hurt oil. We basically know that they won't hike rates more than 50 basis points this year, so who gives a #### what they say, it is all bull####, just like everything they always say.

Is it possible to short leveraged funds? I read people saying they did it, but that sounds like bull#### to me.

Wouldn't it make sense to just short the bull/bear side of each leveraged fund if it was possible?

Took opening positions:

TWTR 100 at $15.07

CMG 5 at $426.95
I don't know about either of these, but why CMG? 

From personal experience, the Chipotle by my office used to have a line around the block at lunch, now I can walk in and out in 3 minutes, same deal by two different locations close to my house. Small sample size obviously, but it feels like it is going to be some time before they right the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread