What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (25 Viewers)

Nice. I'm riding this table until it 7-outs.

Jesus I should sell with a float of 5.6 mil and 20 mil outstanding, this has traded 9 million today alone.

Out at 4.27. 
I'd like to see it pullback to around 3.50 and then get back in....

of course I just made the mistake of thinking SPHS would pullback too

Last edited by a moderator:
SPHS, utterly unbelievable. There must be a buyout leak on the street. 

Or irrational exuberance. 

Ya i had the order ready to process on friday but my boss never approved my trade (10K shares - i work with public companies so i need to have all my trades approved by compliance and my boss).  That cost me a cool 5K.  Thanks #####

I just keep selling puts and then buying them back when the stock spikes for no apparant reason. Street hates it, the CEO is split between two companies, and they don't really seem to know what to do with their platform to generate ad revenue. I agree with you it could be a takeover target, but that's also not a good reason, by itself, to go long. That said, if a Put I sell gets executed, I'm happy to hang onto the shares and see what happens. It's not going anywhere.
Might be a good day to do this again tomorrow (TWTR). It's just a crappy stock, but the platform is ingrained enough I'm not worried about it going to zero. Can probably get a decent price on something really low like $14.00 in December or something. I'll take a look in the morning.

I shorted the #### out of TWTR before earnings yesterday. Worked out well.

Apple with a nice beat. Jumped more than I'd expect. Figured 3-4% with a good beat, 6-7% is either a great sign for things to come or some exuberance.

THOUGHTS???

FB today & AMZN tomm. Kinda want to buy 200-300 shares of FB and 50 of AMZN to play the earnings.

What are you guys expecting here?

I have a decent AAPL profit with the after-hours movement. My guess is there is some pullback before the end of the day. Might just sell off shortly after open and check back in later. 

I have a ton of AAPL.  I may take profits here but going to leave a lot of it behind. I still believe.

FB I very much believe in @fantasycurse42 buy some and play the earnings call sounds good to me.  Even better, buy some and keep it long term IMO.  

Really got caught holding my hogan here on oil day trading stuff.

Currently watching UWTI ruin my portfolio and not much I can do at this point. 

John Bender said:
I have a ton of AAPL.  I may take profits here but going to leave a lot of it behind. I still believe.
Love AAPL.  At this point they are a cash cow and buying into that cash flow is extraordinarily cheap.  

To make a comparison if AAPL was valued at the same level as ED it would be at $185.  Hard to grasp that Apple is valued at about half of what an extremely mature, regulated utility in a population declining area is valued at.  Sometimes the market makes me feel like I don't know anything.

:whoosh:

Really got caught holding my hogan here on oil day trading stuff.

Currently watching UWTI ruin my portfolio and not much I can do at this point. 
Told you to get out a while ago GB. Made about $4k shorting oil today. Refiners scaled back this week, pretty bearish. I think we are nearing a bottom though, maybe within $3-$4 of it.

Told you to get out a while ago GB. Made about $4k shorting oil today. Refiners scaled back this week, pretty bearish. I think we are nearing a bottom though, maybe within $3-$4 of it.
Oh I did get out of it, and then back in, and then back out, and then back in again.  Playing with the houses money luckily, but right now it's really ugly.

I want to buy 2k shares of FB before earnings, I'm not going to and then I'll watch with disgust as it blows through $135. 

I think I'm buying after earnings regardless. If they tank, they'll prob bounce. If they blowout numbers, they'll skyrocket until 8pm and then into tomorrow. 

I want to buy 2k shares of FB before earnings, I'm not going to and then I'll watch with disgust as it blows through $135. 

I think I'm buying after earnings regardless. If they tank, they'll prob bounce. If they blowout numbers, they'll skyrocket until 8pm and then into tomorrow. 
I don't think they are going to tank for some reason.  Things feel good.

I don't think they are going to tank for some reason.  Things feel good.
Everyone is just soooooo bullish, I've seen this story play out before. 

It's like a sports pick where 90% of the money is riding on one outcome. Sure, it looks like it is so predictable and easy to see, but then you're left blindsided. 

Everyone is just soooooo bullish, I've seen this story play out before. 

It's like a sports pick where 90% of the money is riding on one outcome. Sure, it looks like it is so predictable and easy to see, but then you're left blindsided. 
I simply moved most of my AAPL profits over into FB earlier today.  Maybe I can successfully play them off of each other but this will only work if the FB earnings are good. Fingers crossed.

My son asked me to buy him FB sharez the other day because he likes that they don't actually make physical  product.  ####, really should have in his account and worried about taking money from his savings later.  

Oh, he's 12 

Users who are viewing this thread