Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

On 7/28/2016 at 4:57 AM, Zigg said:

Lastly, a question for you smart stock guys.  The stock plummeted after I first bought it, and my number of shares were reduced from 170K to 17K, and the share value increased in the same ratio.  The opposite of a split, but I don't know the term.  Now I imagine the number of outstanding shares would also decrease, but they never did.  A big weakness of this stock is that there are a ton of outstanding shares.  Bloomberg still says 20.2b, and I still really like the stock with all those shares, but if it should be 2b, I would love it even more(obviously).  They have been slow to update anything for this company, I'm hoping this is outdated as well.

Reverse split, FYI.

At .02/share if we can get Chet interested he should be able to scoop up 1b of those, no sweat.

2 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

Definitely not the bump I was hoping for with AMZN, not sure what to do now

Nothing is what you should do.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

The only good news I am seeing on this front is that oil is falling and the next dividend date is in the next couple weeks so, "good for dividends," I guess. That is all I am seeing though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand said:

Reverse split, FYI.

At .02/share if we can get Chet interested he should be able to scoop up 1b of those, no sweat.

lol

4 hours ago, metoo said:

Selling some calls might not be the worst idea in the world.

Oil stocks, yuck! Better for dividends coming up though. Overall though, holy moly.

Had lunch with my oil GB.  He's bearish and thinks could see new lows coming into the elections.  As low as $18.

10 hours ago, culdeus said:

Had lunch with my oil GB.  He's bearish and thinks could see new lows coming into the elections.  As low as $18.

No chance. We're down 1MBPD here and that isn't reversing anytime soon. Non-OPEC producers around the world are down another 500k BPD. 

This doesn't see the low 30's yet alone the teens.

At $38 I'm buying a June futures contract, every dollar it falls from there, I'll add a contract.

Edited by fantasycurse42

Due to a merger I have some choices for my 401k. I don't particularly like the company that manages it so I have an opportunity to rollver what i have so far into a new account. Obviously the new money I put in will be with the same group, but at least what I have right now I can move. 

Anybody here have experience with rolling over into a personal account? 

I think if you wanted a chance to get into one of the better oil plays, XOM is probably at a decent discount for a limited time only.

Good dividend, balance sheet.  Long play of course and a safe one (relative to the rest).

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Due to a merger I have some choices for my 401k. I don't particularly like the company that manages it so I have an opportunity to rollver what i have so far into a new account. Obviously the new money I put in will be with the same group, but at least what I have right now I can move. 

Anybody here have experience with rolling over into a personal account? 

Roll to a Vanguard or Fidelity IRA.

What's going on with NEO, guys?

wish I'd waited couple of days to buy in...

MZOR beat estimates...what a company. Gonna make me very happy in the long run 

Nice little move in my old friend BioSyent today.  

Also, cobalt prices are rising.  Formation Metals not a bad little speculative add for those who dabble in penny stocks and like to gamble.  Crappy little exploration company that won't pull any cobalt out of the ground anytime soon, but the property is permitted, in a friendly state for mining and its only a matter of time before somebody takes them out at higher prices.  IMO.  Really not many equity options for playing cobalt.  

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Nice little move in my old friend BioSyent today.  

Also, cobalt prices are rising.  Formation Metals not a bad little speculative add for those who dabble in penny stocks and like to gamble.  Crappy little exploration company that won't pull any cobalt out of the ground anytime soon, but the property is permitted, in a friendly state for mining and its only a matter of time before somebody takes them out at higher prices.  IMO.  Really not many equity options for playing cobalt.  

I knew there was still a ton left in the ground for us to dig out!!

47 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

I knew there was still a ton left in the ground for us to dig out!!

:lmao:

That crap will still be in the ground even after cobalt prices triple.

On 5/13/2016 at 2:40 PM, Todem said:

Starting nibbling in again. 20% upside over next 8-12 months. Take that all day. Right now...no catalyst. But you can collect a (growing) 2.5% yield at this level while you wait.

AGN and GILD as well. Huge value. The bio-pharma sector is a huge value and a great long term play at these levels IMO (best in class names like GILD, AGN, BIIB ABBV, AMGN). They have not participated at all in the March April rally. Average in....summer will be crazy volatility and after the election I expect the sector to take off long term again.

Energy....I actually got out of many names even...and some at a small loss after the recent rally (was time to just wave the flag and find better value). Stayed in the big ones like CVX and XOM as well as OXY and still waiting for COP to recover more.  Oil will come back around...but it is taking time. Short term....more volatility indeed.

This trade/investment is coming too fruition a lot quicker than I thought.

I bought ABBV earlier than this date though....back on March 1st at $56 today it is $66.75 (+16%)

AGN - Bought at $223 today $251 (+11.5%)

BIIB - Bought initial at $262 averaged down on Brexit to $240 and today (and rumored take over from MRK or AGN) $332 (+38%)

AMGN - Bought it at $152 today it is at  $174 (+12.5%)

GILD is the only loser of the bunch (and a great cash flush balance sheet company with a growing dividend too boot while we wait) $ 82.70 cost basis today it is at $79.72 (-3.6%)

This was a huge disconnect back then and political rhetoric panic sell off. A great sector left behind till now.  A perfect example of seeing the forest through the trees, blocking out the noise and looking at the fundamentals of the business. 

BIIB is going crazy today LOL......love this. I think whomever buys them will have to pony up at least $370 a share IMO. That is another 12% from here. We shall see. I have a $380 target on it to begin with. Robust pipeline, great guidance and cash flows.

Edited by Todem

TREX!

Today is BP's dividend declaration. Late June it was $37.50... now it may close around $33. Pretty big difference.

3 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

Today is BP's dividend declaration. Late June it was $37.50... now it may close around $33. Pretty big difference.

Thank goodness for that dividend.  Has been saving my ### on this one.

I love TSLA.

Possibly my favorite company ever. They just can't lose. Auto industry getting crushed, so what? Missed numbers, meh? Missed revenue, who cares? Missed deliveries, no worries... 

If this was 99.999% of companies, this would be down 20% right now. Watch Musk do what he does, discuss unrealistic and impossible goals and this will hold up. It is the closest thing to reality TV on the market.

• Like 1

No position either way, wouldn't touch it at these prices, wouldn't short it bc it can't go down without coming right back. 

36 minutes ago, The Big Guy said:

Thank goodness for that dividend.  Has been saving my ### on this one.

Easy money when its hovering between 6.5-7.5% quarterly. Each dividend date this year stayed near the 7.5+% rate so that is good money. Too bad I don't have much in it but its turning into an easy ~$400 for me this year alone.

18 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

No position either way, wouldn't touch it at these prices, wouldn't short it bc it can't go down without coming right back. 

The Donald Trump of stocks?

1 hour ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

nice day for TWTR

A rumor was floated that Ballmer and Prince Al-Waleed, the 3rd- and 4th-largest shareholders, were interested in a majority position. It was quickly shot down by CNBC, because they got burned the day before on a BIIB rumor. But apparently, hope springs eternal. I'm so far underwater that any reasonable buyout would still not make me whole. :kicksrock:

Looks like shorts are scrambling to cover oil shorts, might not be a bad spot to take a run at UWTI for a a trade right now.

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Looks like shorts are scrambling to cover oil shorts, might not be a bad spot to take a run at UWTI for a a trade right now.

Got taken to church by this ####### thing over the last few weeks. Thought my stop loss set at $17.33 was holding my nose until yesterday morning.  Oof.

Trying to find the right point to get it back.  Could always use your updates here.

1 minute ago, John Bender said:

Got taken to church by this ####### thing over the last few weeks. Thought my stop loss set at $17.33 was holding my nose until yesterday morning.  Oof.

Trying to find the right point to get it back.  Could always use your updates here.

I jumped on board around $18.30.... A lot of short interest and the covering looks like it has begun.

Edit: I think today is as good a day as any to make a play here. I never hold these long term though, FYI.

Personally, I thought the report yesterday was ####, however they spin it. I'm not a huge believer in a rally right now, but the market says otherwise. I think after the shorts cover, it could fall again.

Edited by fantasycurse42

UWTI up $18.75 to $19.20 since that post 34 minutes ago.

Possibly my favorite analyst article ever written. Truly spectacular http://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2016-08-03/tesla-earnings-lol-nothing-matters

Edit, ####### jixed myself, back to $19.06

:hot:

might've called the HOD, should've just kept quiet :kicksrock:

Edited by fantasycurse42

On 7/29/2016 at 1:38 PM, metoo said:

I didn't listen, doubled my money in 2 years when Im really just gambling.....needed to lock in profits

Out at 762.59

Thanks AMZN!!

Out of UWTI, nice nice 2 hour profit. Think it still runs, but no need to be greedy when the oil pit close at 230 is the most unpredictable thing in the market.

Wtf is saex? This is a pump/dump, correct?

Some extreme positioning in oil right now, playing contrarian again and going long. Don't think there is much short interest below $40 and maybe some more covering before the weekend.

16 minutes ago, mquinnjr said:

BMY - wait...

I actually bought into the dip. I think it's an overreaction. Obviously not good news but the drug is still very successful just not for the usage in the test it failed. Hopefully good for a quick 10% comeback. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Out of FAZ. Lost 11 grand.

Sorry Bob, sucks.

1 hour ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Out of FAZ. Lost 11 grand.

:o

24 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Sorry Bob, sucks.

4 minutes ago, jamny said:

:o

Yeah.  I was thinking about it yesterday and really thought the jobs report would be great.  This is an election year.....But then I got high.

Good news is that my long positions in the same time period more than cover that 11k. ;)

• Like 1

SGYP :excited:

Been holding this garbage forever... Bought at $3, it went to $10 and change, I bought more at $6 and then it fell to like $2.50... My average is $4.61, 2k shares... Debating just saying goodbye with a small $300 win, was down over $4k earlier the year on this thing. 

@Johnnymac What are you doing with this?

I also bought 5 clm17 (June) oil futures on Friday with a price of $46.38. I still think it is possible the pain isn't over, but daytrading leveraged oil ETFs is killing me, can't do it anymore and I think mid 2017 oil will be in the $50's... I could be down $15-$25k on this thing over the coming months, but if I can just fight through the pain, I strongly feel oil will be higher next summer. 

Worst part about trading oil is it never stops. I'm looking at tickers 24 hours a day, such a ####### headache! I do think (hope strongly) that buying this dip is the smart move. Def the contrarian play - oil has record high short interest (just above Jan) and lowest long interest since Feb... What do you see from those dates? I see what was the start of the rally, short is a very very crowded trade on oil right now.

Edited by fantasycurse42