What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

What is the best online brokerage accounts for your money to be cleared quickly/easily after selling a stock? How do day traders do it? Now after selling a stock, i have to wait 5 or so days in order for things to completely clear. Im not looking to day trade, but sometimes I want to buy a couple days after selling. 

What is the best online brokerage accounts for your money to be cleared quickly/easily after selling a stock? How do day traders do it? Now after selling a stock, i have to wait 5 or so days in order for things to completely clear. Im not looking to day trade, but sometimes I want to buy a couple days after selling. 
Putting your account on margin can help

Those of you who own RDSA (anybody?), did you opt to take the shares or the cash for the dividend?

Last edited by a moderator:
This VRX story is getting crazier by the minute.  Now T Rowe price is threatening lawsuits.  Wells Fargo is constantly giving "underperform" ratings while buying more stock.  A couple hedge funds seem to be loading up as well as others have sold out.  This is either going to low teens or $60 by the  end of the year.   

I'm selling like a fiend, running to the hills. Between the high valuations, the plodding economy and this upcoming election, I don't have the cajones to stay in the game. I'll feel better after a 10% drop in the S&P.

I'm selling like a fiend, running to the hills. Between the high valuations, the plodding economy and this upcoming election, I don't have the cajones to stay in the game. I'll feel better after a 10% drop in the S&P.
10% is a blip.  Most importantly there's no indicators right now of a recession here or looming.  I'm still in, though I've shaded things lately to preferreds, munis, etc.  When the sign hits we're going down I'll he heavily hedging, though.

Sand said:
Interesting article - Obamacare is splitting in two.  

This we already knew.  One thing I didn't know was that in Pinal County, AZ (400k people, so big population) there are no carriers at all.  So for those folks they have no ability to get insurance at all.  That seems to be the first big crack in the veil here.
Just means somebody will be able to step in and get whatever rate they want.  Probably Blue Cross.  But someone will. 

Back on the stock topic (sorry for the misplacement of the OCare post).  

First time ever I can remember my investments have flatlined - the last 30 days my returns have hardly a ripple in them.  Weird and scary to see such a quiescent market.

My elation was quickly squashed as reality squirted all over my chest that I missed something.  And I did

:kicksrock:

No one posted about Hillary's tweet today? I'm planning on voting for her but man I wish she would tone it down some on the biotech tweeting...

Anyone eyeing up Dollar General or Dollar Tree?

They both got crushed yesterday and I think it was a bit over done. Might buy some Dollar General today.

ADMP is THE play tomorrow. 

You heard it here first. 

Welp Mylan killed it announced generic epi pen. Glad I didn't buy. 

I'm still probably in the red overall on GNW over the past 2 years, but man this stock has been on a roll recently. 

Sold the 100  FAST at $42.08 that I've been holding since 1/15. With dividends, basically even.

Bought 35 SBUX at $55.85 for 105 at $56.59

Heavily short the Japanese Yen FWIW, been so since 102 earlier today. I think BOJ blew it.  They'll have to rip the seams off of the baseball to get the yen to do anything significant IMO.

Heavily short the Japanese Yen FWIW, been so since 102 earlier today. I think BOJ blew it.  They'll have to rip the seams off of the baseball to get the yen to do anything significant IMO.
DXY fought hard at 102.5 for the last 3 hours, fingers crossed it could be breaking out. I'd recommend a short on the Yen with a target around 102.8 on DXYvsJY

Could be some big profits to be had here. 

I would love to add more but with the beating medicals have been taking and what they charge for their hep c drugs, I can see them being targeted as another evil Rx company soon. 
I hear you and a concern of mine as well.  There are talks of splitting the company up too though.  It's a blue chipper, pays a nice dividend, beat up,  and Kevzilla likes it so...I'm in!!

IIRC, there hasn't been a move of even 1%, in either direction, since 7/22. Today's action is nothing to get exercised about, by itself.

Fed comments on raising interest rates.  That combined with some pretty steady climbing sets the stage for a corrective action.
Draghi didn't intervene either. Bond selloff set the stage.

Asians are sitting there waiting to sell Sunday night as we speak. 

In all seriousness, I've got about 150 stocks in my stock app, 1 looks attractive - Apple.

So much air in everything else. I'd need a lot more than today to really dust off powder.

I will probably stay on the sidelines, too, but I do really like Coca Cola (KO) in the low 42s. They are on top of my wish list.

Interesting tidbit I heard this evening:

Last two times the S&P 500 fell as much on a Friday and rose as much on a Monday as it did in the last two trading sessions were April of 2000 and August of 2007.

Not a prediction by any stretch, but the summer nap is over and volatility is back.

Users who are viewing this thread