Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

20 hours ago, Sand said:

About how you would have expected it to go.

:rocketship:

(One of those ####ty Uzbekistan rocketships though, not a brand-name SpaceX rocketship, sadly.)

• Laughing 2

3 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

:rocketship:

(One of those ####ty Uzbekistan rocketships though, not a brand-name SpaceX rocketship, sadly.)

Yeah, that rocket crashed long ago, but it's been trying to get back in the stratosphere, but keeps crashing every time it gets around 30 feet in the air. 🤬

On 5/15/2019 at 12:15 PM, siffoin said:

You'd really not do better (or safer) than putting it all into the $SPY or $VTI.  Both provide diversification across sectors and quite frankly outperforms pretty much every single common portfolio strategy out there - usually by a large margin. How much so?  Here's a sample from 2007-Present (which takes into account the top of a bull market thru a bear market then a long term bull market- High -Low - High.

1) $SPY= CAGR = 8.28% - $200k invested in 2007 = $530k today

2) $VTI = CAGR = 8.5% - $200k invested in 2007 = $545k today

2) Ray Dalios All Weather Portfolio = CAGR = 5.96% - $200k invested in 2007 = $410k today

3) Coffeehouse Portfolio = CAGR = 5.65% - $200k invested in 2007 = $395k today

4) Bogleheads 3 Funds Portfolio = CAGR = 6.1% - $200k invested in 2007 = $415k today

Granted past performance is no guarantee of future returns.  But don't be stupid with this money and chase. 

To be safer - perhaps look at putting a portion to work now - let's say $50k.  And then dollar cost averaging $10k per month for the next 15 months with the rest.

There's no real easy answer but $200k is a lot to just be sitting on or you're really rich.  LOOK AT YOU!  Good luck.

I have moved a lot to VTI last 5 years.  :goodposting:

5 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Nobody want to talk about the market today?

What happened to Fantasy Curse?

Figured he finally got outed as hucks

2 hours ago, NREC34 said:

Nobody want to talk about the market today?

What happened to Fantasy Curse?

Just more trade war fear. Thought we got past it but guess not. 

Good point about FC. Haven’t seen him in a while. 

11 minutes ago, Capella said:

Just more trade war fear. Thought we got past it but guess not. 

Good point about FC. Haven’t seen him in a while. 

Don’t you feel there’s a lot to worry about over the trade war?

I wonder how low the market would be if these companies weren’t doing buybacks?

It’s a fake market...

On 5/15/2019 at 12:15 PM, siffoin said:

You'd really not do better (or safer) than putting it all into the $SPY or $VTI.  Both provide diversification across sectors and quite frankly outperforms pretty much every single common portfolio strategy out there - usually by a large margin. How much so?  Here's a sample from 2007-Present (which takes into account the top of a bull market thru a bear market then a long term bull market- High -Low - High.

1) $SPY= CAGR = 8.28% - $200k invested in 2007 = $530k today

2) $VTI = CAGR = 8.5% - $200k invested in 2007 = $545k today

2) Ray Dalios All Weather Portfolio = CAGR = 5.96% - $200k invested in 2007 = $410k today

3) Coffeehouse Portfolio = CAGR = 5.65% - $200k invested in 2007 = $395k today

4) Bogleheads 3 Funds Portfolio = CAGR = 6.1% - $200k invested in 2007 = $415k today

Granted past performance is no guarantee of future returns.  But don't be stupid with this money and chase. 

To be safer - perhaps look at putting a portion to work now - let's say $50k.  And then dollar cost averaging $10k per month for the next 15 months with the rest.

There's no real easy answer but $200k is a lot to just be sitting on or you're really rich.  LOOK AT YOU!  Good luck.

Given where we are in the cycle I'd choose #3 with the dollar cost averaging.  It's pretty conservative and pretty simple.  I also think that the value tilt will revert to the median and help boost it a bit.  Expensive stocks have just gotten more expensive - value has been left far behind.  I see some value there.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, skycriesmary said:

Yeah, that rocket crashed long ago, but it's been trying to get back in the stratosphere, but keeps crashing every time it gets around 30 feet in the air. 🤬

So we're all back in on Tesla under $200, right?

Glad I sold out for Disney a month or so ago, but thinking I'm back in today.

Tesla is on the way to bankruptcy in my opinion. 

It’ll also be the poster child people associate with the crash. Like Bear Sterns Lehman Brothers

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

It’ll also be the poster child people associate with the crash. Like Bear Sterns Lehman Brothers

I don't know if you're right about the first assertion, but if you are the second follows. 

There is certainly that risk. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, Plorfu said:

Started half a position in Majesco (MJCO). They're basically moving the archaic insurance sector's systems to the cloud. Small cap, lightly traded, but counts MET Life as a client. They're unveiling a new brand next week at their conference so I may complete my position after that.  Looks like a decent shot at a long-term homerun ball.

Bought quite a bit of this last week in that businesses are streamlining their companies through tech & this sounds like one of those companies.  On a 1-10 scale I'm a 2 on these matters but maybe getting better through this thread so take it for what it's worth.

Also bought NAK which is a real long shot.  They supposedly have the richest precious metal find anywhere in 50 years.  It's in Alaska.  The new governor is pro business & the thinking is he can shorten the permit process.   Probably the biggest long shot mentioned in a while here.  I have read that the owners have already oversold their ownership.  If you have the time look at some of the articles on this.  Some great reading.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -OZ- said:
1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

I don't know if you're right about the first assertion, but if you are the second follows. 

There is certainly that risk. 

Tesla has all sorts of company specific issues, I don't see it as a harbinger of the economy myself.