Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

We have a small position in Virgin Galactic in our Battery & Space Materials Fund.  Why not?  It's only $250,000 to go into orbit.  That's walking around money for FBGs.  Waiting list is long.  

You know who isn't going to be on that maiden voyage?   THIS GUY <--------------------------------   Thank you, No.  I'm happy being poor on the ground.

When I get the go ahead that Chet is going into Orbit, maybe....maybe...

36 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I can at least understand the thesis of someone buying Tesla. Nobody buying Tesla is buying for current state. I have no idea what the people buying CMG are buying for. 

I just looked at the stock price and that’s crazy. A P/E of 80, but in one report I looked at showed that their revenue in Q3 of 2019 is only about 15% higher than Q3 of 2015, that’s right 2015. The growth per store is terrible compared to where it was in 2015, which drove the huge run up from 2010-2015. The only reason they are up on 2015 is that they have so many more stores open. It’s a high growth stock price for something not really growing like that anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The General said:

So the deal with Lily was accepted at a price lower than the stock. Stock is just over 19 and offer is 18.75.

I guess a dumb question but the ride is over at this point, right? Any reason I keep this?

If I had made any money in that three months,  I'd be out in a flash and looking for the next one. But I'm a pansy.

5% of the shares outstanding are short, which seems low if CMG is mis-priced.  Only 27MM shares outstanding, which factors into the high price.

23 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

If I had made any money in that three months,  I'd be out in a flash and looking for the next one. But I'm a pansy.

Me too. I’ll probably cash out. Made some money for sure (but so did everything over this period :lol: )

It’s just a weird situation where I would think the stock wouldn’t drop below what the offering price is but how can it go up anymore.

I’m not sure how this situation works.

I don't care about the price. The P/E is nuts. And they're now the 4th largest publicly traded restaurant brand by market cap (Guessing jeebus' chicken chain would fall in there somewhere otherwise). As of 10/19, it was

1. McDonald's - $157 bil (over 38,000 locations)

2. Starbucks - $101 bil (30,600 locations)

3. Yum Brands - $38.4 bil (48,769 locations)

4. CMG - $22 bil (2,523 locations)

One of these things is not...

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Do any of you have Municipal Bond holdings? 

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't care about the price. The P/E is nuts. And they're now the 4th largest publicly traded restaurant brand by market cap (Guessing jeebus' chicken chain would fall in there somewhere otherwise). As of 10/19, it was

1. McDonald's - $157 bil (over 38,000 locations)

2. Starbucks - $101 bil (30,600 locations)

3. Yum Brands - $38.4 bil (48,769 locations)

4. CMG - $22 bil (2,523 locations)

One of these things is not...

Quality, not quantity. 

35 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

Do any of you have Municipal Bond holdings? 

Do you still get beneficial tax help for owning these or did Grump change that too?  Feel like these were beneficial for tax assets historically.  

Not an accountant

Didn't sleep at Holiday Inn

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Do you still get beneficial tax help for owning these or did Grump change that too?  Feel like these were beneficial for tax assets historically.  

Not an accountant

Interest is tax free from federal and can be state tax free as well if bond and bond holder are from the same state.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Not an accountant

With regard to the bolded, that's my question.

In the past, these fell under the "Qualified Dividends" category and were favorable to own under the federal tax structure.

:coffee:

15 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Yes, but interest rates are so low the price of munis has gotten pretty expensive (driving yield low).  I usually have some of this and have none now.  I'll hold some of the levered CEFs, but last I checked they were going for way over par.  Sold out of mine.

11 hours ago, drunken slob said:

With regard to the bolded, that's my question.

In the past, these fell under the "Qualified Dividends" category and were favorable to own under the federal tax structure.

Typically these fall into the "tax free" category, though some have an AMT component.  Non-REIT equities typically get the qualified dividend treatment.  REITs get a different, qualified structure thanks to the new tax law.  Nothing like simplifying complicating the tax code even more!

• Thanks 1

Do any of you have Currency holdings/positions?

Been some time since I kept track of these types of options. 

On 1/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, Sand said:

Yes, but interest rates are so low the price of munis has gotten pretty expensive (driving yield low).  I usually have some of this and have none now.  I'll hold some of the levered CEFs, but last I checked they were going for way over par.  Sold out of mine.

Typically these fall into the "tax free" category, though some have an AMT component.  Non-REIT equities typically get the qualified dividend treatment.  REITs get a different, qualified structure thanks to the new tax law.  Nothing like simplifying complicating the tax code even more!

I had not seen anything before about changing tax structure on REITs. Are they now better or worse? I have a little too much in them at the moment for the income.

5 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

Thoughts on Disney (DIS) and AT&T (T) and GOGO?

I think they are all great names which have run up a lot in the past few months. Long term, all are good buys but too rich for me to buy at these levels. Could look at T which isn’t as frothy plus pays a juicy dividend, although I like the other two brands more. Guess you get what you pay for.

edit: I assumed you meant GOOG.

Edited by pecorino

11 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

If you're talking long term, DIS is solid. Unless you're 70 and living off dividends I don't see the point with T. GOGO is a gamble that's never really performed, they seem broken. 

nice 5% pop on open

Impressive Results Continue from CytoDyn’s Clinical Trials Evaluating Two Patients with Leronlimab, One in mTNBC and One in MBC

BY GlobeNewswire
— 5:00 AM ET 01/22/2020

First patient with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (mTNBC) continues to show no detectable circulating tumor cells (CTC) or putative metastatic tumor cells after 15 weeks of treatment with leronlimab in combination with carboplatin

Second patient with stage 4 HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (MBC) shows 50 percent shrinkage in the primary tumor and no new signs of metastasis in the brain after treatment with 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, cubd8 said:

DIS is a long term hold for me... I intend on passing that to my kids. 

On another note, I've never shorted Tesla, although it feels like it is setting up for superb short lately (but I prob still won't). They sold 367k cars in 2019, VW sold 10.8mm, guess who is worth more? 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, cubd8 said:

Big fan of Disney.  Not a fan of T - their debt load is mind boggling.  

CYDY inching higher.  Here's an article published today.  I continue to hold every share and will likely be adding in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

I guess something had to happen but I can’t believe the market is reacting to this stupid virus. 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, chet said:

CYDY inching higher.  Here's an article published today.  I continue to hold every share and will likely be adding in the next few weeks.

I picked up 4k for the hell of it.

I'm still holding ITCI, am I making a mistake? Did you all dump when it hit 30's?

On 1/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, fantasycurse42 said:

DIS is a long term hold for me... I intend on passing that to my kids. 

On another note, I've never shorted Tesla, although it feels like it is setting up for superb short lately (but I prob still won't). They sold 367k cars in 2019, VW sold 10.8mm, guess who is worth more? 

Plus TSLA announces earnings in a couple weeks. Could tumble. 

56 minutes ago, bshell27 said:

I'm still holding ITCI, am I making a mistake? Did you all dump when it hit 30's?

I sold half after it doubled. Holding the other half.

2 hours ago, bshell27 said:

Me too and was wondering the same thing.  

3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Good day to own some gold.  :oldunsure:

Yep enjoying it quite a lot. But it has been a good last 12 months for gold anyways. 

Where do we think the floor is for DIS here? Shanghai closed. Hong Kong Closed. Case reported in Orange County won't help, even if Disneyland is a long way from needing to close. Short-term pain, one would think, but it can certainly drag on them. Feels like they have further to fall. But then balance what it likely does in May against what I'm guessing will be good earnings in Feb (none of this will be recognized until next quarter).

CYDY running again this morning. Up about 4% so far this morning.

Leronlimab Under Evaluation for Potential Treatment of Coronavirus

VANCOUVER, Washington, Jan. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. ( CYDY “CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, today announced that it is exploring leronlimab as a potential treatment for patients infected with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), a rapidly spreading virus and potential worldwide emergency.

“Leronlimab has both the potential to enhance the cellular immune response by suppressing Treg cells that, in turn, inhibit the anti-viral T-cell responses and the potential to repolarize macrophage activity,” said Bruce Patterson, M.D., chief executive officer and founder of IncellDx, a diagnostic partner and an advisor to CytoDyn ( CYDY ). “Lung (alveolar) macrophages in coronavirus infections have been implicated as a contributing factor to significant morbidity and mortality of the infectious disease. Leronlimab could potentially synergize with other retroviral therapies that currently being used for the potential treatment of 2019-nCoV.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

VANCOUVER, Washington, Jan. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. ( CYDY “CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, today announced that it is exploring leronlimab as a potential treatment for patients infected with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), a rapidly spreading virus and potential worldwide emergency.

“Leronlimab has both the potential to enhance the cellular immune response by suppressing Treg cells that, in turn, inhibit the anti-viral T-cell responses and the potential to repolarize macrophage activity,” said Bruce Patterson, M.D., chief executive officer and founder of IncellDx, a diagnostic partner and an advisor to CytoDyn ( CYDY ). “Lung (alveolar) macrophages in coronavirus infections have been implicated as a contributing factor to significant morbidity and mortality of the infectious disease. Leronlimab could potentially synergize with other retroviral therapies that currently being used for the potential treatment of 2019-nCoV.”

What will this drug cure next?  

11 minutes ago, bshell27 said:

What will this drug cure next?  

Baldness, please.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Baldness, please.

If so that would create a race of super people, at least according to Seinfeld.  

I'm taking it for narcolepsy and bumpy skulledness 

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

I am very good friends with Chet.  His account is presently suspended but he tells me that this is a very good opportunity for CYDY.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Annie Duke said:

I am very good friends with Chet.  His account is presently suspended but he tells me that this is a very good opportunity for CYDY.

Was his account suspended for insider trading?

• Laughing 3

41 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm taking it for narcolepsy and bumpy skulledness 

That could #### up your phrenology test results.

Edited by cosjobs

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Was his account suspended for insider trading?

Nope for talking about boobs.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

APPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Studs, the whole lot of 'em.

2 hours ago, IC FBGCav said:

Nope for talking about boobs.

I'm pro, ftr

• Like 1

Didn't know they made WetDream a mod.

• Laughing 1

20 hours ago, Annie Duke said:

Welcome!  If this is your real name is great to have you posting.  

1 hour ago, Sand said:

Welcome!  If this is your real name is great to have you posting.  

He'll be back soon enough.  For now, just ride the CYDY train!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Annie Duke said:

He'll be back soon enough.  For now, just ride the CYDY train!

Thanks, Chet.